PDA

View Full Version : G1 Versions Of Movie Skids and Mudflap - Generations #3 Exclusive.

Sky Shadow
30th July 2009, 11:07 AM
http://www.millionhero.jp/tfg2009/image01/03g01.jpg http://www.millionhero.jp/tfg2009/image01/03g03.jpg
http://www.millionhero.jp/tfg2009/image01/03g02.jpg http://www.millionhero.jp/tfg2009/image01/03g04.jpg
http://www.millionhero.jp/tfg2009/g03.html

I love my wacky G1 recolours and will definitely be buying these for "Screech" (Crosscut in Mudflap colours.) What's everyone else's thought on these?

jaydisc
30th July 2009, 11:13 AM
Woohoo! Not a Henkei release! My wallet can rest. Whew!

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th July 2009, 11:22 AM
What's everyone else's thought on these?

"Meh" seems to fit nicely methinks.

Probably stems from not liking the 2 movie characters much.

kup
30th July 2009, 11:25 AM
I think its meh.

Although I must admit that G1 Skids does look good in those colors. He has a much more cooler presence than the Movie toys which are more comedic in style.

gamblor916
30th July 2009, 11:26 AM
My beaten wallet says thanks.

Paulbot
30th July 2009, 11:37 AM
For some reason I can't explain I like them a lot and want to get them.

They seem so appropriate. The colours look good on the classic Skids toy. The Crosscut head! Skids was also my favourite Autobot Car toy as a kid.

Yeah, totally want these.

Lordy
30th July 2009, 11:50 AM
I wonder if the Crosscut one comes with the scooter

TheDirtyDigger
30th July 2009, 12:42 PM
These look cool. They can even go on my G1 shelves because of the mould.
If they're easy to obtain I'll get them.

GoktimusPrime
30th July 2009, 12:44 PM
With the sole exception of Protect Ironhide (and only because that's actually his Diaclone colours) I'm personally not interested in G1 toys w/ movie colours or movie toys w/ G1 colours (I'm probably the only person who even dislikes movie Jazz in G1 colours).

STL
30th July 2009, 12:46 PM
I'm so over G1 toys. I'm all for Henkei Skids though and then the exclusive of it. :D

kup
30th July 2009, 02:05 PM
With the sole exception of Protect Ironhide (and only because that's actually his Diaclone colours) I'm personally not interested in G1 toys w/ movie colours or movie toys w/ G1 colours (I'm probably the only person who even dislikes movie Jazz in G1 colours).

I dislike Movie Jazz in G1 colors too.

Kyle
30th July 2009, 02:25 PM
I'm going to get these. The black G1 Ironhide and green G1 Ratchet did nothing for me but I like these very much.

TF76
30th July 2009, 02:59 PM
For some reason I can't explain I like them a lot and want to get them.

They seem so appropriate. The colours look good on the classic Skids toy. The Crosscut head! Skids was also my favourite Autobot Car toy as a kid.

Yeah, totally want these.

+1

GoktimusPrime
30th July 2009, 03:07 PM
<high fives> :)

The black G1 Ironhide and green G1 Ratchet did nothing for me but I like these very much.
That's interesting. The green Ratchet did nothing for me but I was all over that black Ironhide - and of course, you can't get one without the other so now I have both (and I can't compell myself to sell the green Ratchet cos I don't want to break the set - that and I'm not sure if anyone would want to buy a green G1 Ratchet on its own :p)

Sky Shadow
30th July 2009, 03:24 PM

I dislike Movie Jazz in any colours.

liegeprime
30th July 2009, 04:13 PM
<high fives> :)

That's interesting. The green Ratchet did nothing for me but I was all over that black Ironhide - and of course, you can't get one without the other so now I have both (and I can't compell myself to sell the green Ratchet cos I don't want to break the set - that and I'm not sure if anyone would want to buy a green G1 Ratchet on its own :p)

Id buy em:D

Sky Shadow
30th July 2009, 04:17 PM
The green Ratchet did nothing for me but I was all over that black Ironhide - and of course, you can't get one without the other so now I have both (and I can't compell myself to sell the green Ratchet cos I don't want to break the set - that and I'm not sure if anyone would want to buy a green G1 Ratchet on its own :p)

I'm one of the 'anyones' who just owns a green Ratchet and not a black Ironhide. I love green Ratchet - he'd be one of my top ten favourite Transformer toys.

dirge
30th July 2009, 05:03 PM
Interesting. Another "get the coupon and mail away" thing?

Zippo
30th July 2009, 05:32 PM
Love the set as well as the heads. Can't recall what head is the original and whats Crosscuts, but both look fantastic. Sadly I wont get..

Robzy
30th July 2009, 06:25 PM
I probably won't get them, but they do look excellent!

dirge
30th July 2009, 06:32 PM
Love the set as well as the heads. Can't recall what head is the original and whats Crosscuts, but both look fantastic. Sadly I wont get..

The heads are the original heads of Skids & Crosscut. Basically, Skids is Skids & Mudflap is Crosscut.

roller
30th July 2009, 07:07 PM
screech is okay

SentinelPrime
30th July 2009, 07:36 PM
I pass. I dont think a henkei skids and mudlup would be any better either. Should just leave it for a movie thing with no crossover.

GoktimusPrime
30th July 2009, 08:22 PM
Not just the heads - the chest/bonnet is also different between the Skids and Crosscut moulds. :)

MV75
30th July 2009, 09:21 PM
Those are pretty cool. They look so diaclone to me though. :)

Lord_Zed
31st July 2009, 12:59 AM
A clever repaint, but 1 G1 Skids is enough for me.

(I'm probably the only person who even dislikes movie Jazz in G1 colours).

Make that 2.:cool: Movies toys tend to loose credibility in G1 colours. While G1 toys in movie colours loose their cartoon appeal.

Sky Shadow
6th September 2009, 05:09 PM
I'm looking at getting myself a Skids and Screech set ASAP. I've looked at BBTS, TFSource and Digital Toys' preorders. Is anyone aware of a better price than TFSource's $160.25US after shipping to Australia?

SOUNDBLASTER
6th September 2009, 05:45 PM
I was all over that black Ironhide - and of course, you can't get one without the other so now I have both

I wanted that black van so much but prices were just OUCH...

So I painted one . :D:D

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f35/ZOUNDBLAZTER/DSC00637.jpg

Now i just need some chrome :cool:

loophole
6th September 2009, 10:50 PM
the interesting thing is that i see the exact same green coloured skids on the way to work almost every morning so if you want you could own the real thing without having to repaint it ;)