PDA

View Full Version : MP Sludge - super size

kelvinchang99
19th February 2008, 06:52 PM
Wow.. I just came across this from the customiser that did the MP Slag.

http://forums.tformers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=87562

This is his latest custom.

I hope Takara does a job as good as this for the Grimlock. It would go very nicely in the set.

I wonder if he has Swoop and Snarl in the pipeline.

Hope you guys like this.

Kindest regards,

kelvinchang99

Soundwarp
19th February 2008, 07:20 PM
Someone needs to slap Hasbro and send them a pic of this!!!

WOW!

stencilator
19th February 2008, 07:21 PM
Awesome stuff. He does do some beautiful work. I wish I could do that.

Pulse
19th February 2008, 07:33 PM
All three so far are just beautiful. I heard somewhere that the guy who commissioned Grimlock paid him 5 grand :eek: That's a lot of dough for one transformer.

The common criticism for all 3 so far seems to be that their upper legs are too skinny. I guess if you wanna nitpick over things like that then go right ahead, but scratchbuilds from guys like Anemis, Wikkid, Mench0y, Wheel_Jack, Lobo, Jaf etc. aren't always 100% accurate in both modes - compromises need to be made at times.

All us mortals can do is stare in amazement & dream that we had just a few of their scratchbuilding skills.

kelvinchang99
19th February 2008, 08:01 PM
Totally agree.. I have been customising and its a different class that Menchoy is at.

Simply amazing what he does. I have the pleasure of owning his slag.. and believe me, the skinnier legs are forgotten when you see the figure. Its a true masterpiece.

Pulse, I am pretty sure the Grimlock didnt go for that. When I got the Slag, the guy that was after it was the one that bought Grimlock from him and he couldnt come up with the funds and I paid no where near that.

But if he did, the guy deserves it coz he does one of a kind customs.

Well 2 for the MP figures.

Kindest regards,

Kelvin

The_Damned
19th February 2008, 09:19 PM
yea they are awesome interesting to see if mp grimlock is in that league.

1orion2many
19th February 2008, 11:08 PM
:(SIGH:(, things I'll never have the skill to do:(

STL
19th February 2008, 11:26 PM
Wow. Who would criticise these guys? Amazing.

Saintly
20th February 2008, 12:09 AM
that's just mad skills!

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2008, 10:32 AM
You have to look at it in context - compared to actual Masterpiece standards these figures don't compare... but at the same time you also need to remember that this is the work of an individual fan -- an amateur. And I don't mean that in a bad way; it's just that as an individual kitbasher/customiser, you are working with far more limited funding, resources and presumably less qualifications and experience compared to the professionals who design TFs at Takara and Hasbro (and who also cop criticism from fans too). As customs go, these figures are awesome! But if HasTak ever released MPs like this, we'd be spitting chips.

As the thread topic states, describing these figures as "super size" is more accurate than using the term "Masterpiece." I would avoid calling these Masterpieces just to avoid people making the comparison.

i_amtrunks
20th February 2008, 10:53 AM
Man he's freaking huge!

Its a top effort considering a single person made the figure, and not a team of designers.