PDA

View Full Version : Knight Rider

Saintly
19th February 2008, 09:20 PM
http://www.eddiewong.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/KR.jpg

The pilot is out!!! It is said to be pretty good! Beating Cold Case, American Dad, Family Guy and Brothers & Sisters on the debut night!

Haven't seen it yet but I can't wait!

TheDirtyDigger
19th February 2008, 09:40 PM
Awesome!:eek::)

Tober
19th February 2008, 09:51 PM
Cool :) Although last I heard K.I.T.T. was going to be a Mustang instead of a Koenigsegg. :confused:

I'm pretty sure that's a fan made promo pic.

Soundwarp
19th February 2008, 09:55 PM
Ho Leee Shiat!

Tober
19th February 2008, 10:15 PM
I prefered the Koenigsegg...

The Mustang looks too brutish to be K.I.T.T. imo.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1582/knightriderub2.jpg

MV75
19th February 2008, 10:37 PM
Yea, I'm still not sure if I'll allocate bandwidth to this one yet.

There's A LOT of haters on the show, and yea, as much as I love real muscle cars, this one is not really suitable (ford mustang). Should have been a viper or a corvette, or even the 2008 camaro, (front end is sweet), something with a futuristic curve like the original did.
________
Wholesale vaporizer (http://vaporizerwholesaler.com)

Saintly
19th February 2008, 11:20 PM
It runs for 120 minutes long.

The Knight Industries 3000 will be an upgrade to The Knight Industries 2000. KITT will be voiced by Val Kilmer. KITT is going to be a 2008 Ford Mustang GT500KR and will have similar features as compared to the original KITT including the ability to morph into a “battle mode”, a new effect achieved primarily with CGI animation. The KITT 3000 features are:
* 550 horsepower solar hybrid engine

* Sports-tuned suspension

* Xenon headlamps with infrared night-vision

* Metallic paint with nanotech enhanced camouflage

* Military satellite access

* FBI database access

* Self-regeneration and damage repair

* High-speed Internet

* Artificial Intelligence

* Voice-activated GPS system
David Hasselhoff is a special guest in this two hour pilot.

The Plot for the pilot (may contain spoiler, so don't highlight if you don't want to know)
24 year-old Stanford University Ph.D. candidate Sarah Graiman is set to follow in her genius father Charles’ footsteps. Her life takes a dramatic turn when men try to abduct her. She receives a mysterious phone call from KITT, a car of her father’s creation, letting her know that her father is in danger. Sarah and KITT set off to recruit her childhood friend Mike Tracer into helping them figure out who has her father and is trying to steal KITT. Mike, having just returned from serving in Iraq is jaded and reluctant to help, but eventually agrees.

Soundwarp
20th February 2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah count me in on this one.

springah
20th February 2008, 10:12 AM
Wait a sec.

There is ment to be a new MOVIE and TV SHOW - which one are we talking about?!

Saintly
20th February 2008, 10:24 AM
Wait a sec.

There is ment to be a new MOVIE and TV SHOW - which one are we talking about?!

I believe the NEW movie is this pilot on TV... the TV show itself will carry on from there

Paulbot
20th February 2008, 11:06 AM
And the reviews say it's pretty awful. I don't really recall what the old Knight Rider show was like though.

kup
20th February 2008, 11:20 AM
The only thing that I remember about the old Knight Rider is just bits and pieces as I was very young when it was on.

I remember what the show was about and characters with several 'moments' such as the Evil KITT and classics scenes like rolling into the truck and KITT messing around with this bum trying to steal money from an ATM but that's about it.

From what the US people are saying about the new show, is that it is widely perceived as horrible with very stereotyped 'modern Hollywood' nonsense like over the top characters, overly 'sexy' with half naked women in scenes for no real reason and pretty bad acting and cheap special effects. They also had a very forced and unnecessary Lesbian relationship with a female FBI agent as an attempt to make the show "hip".

People are also displeased with KITT's voice and the car itself.
________
BABI MAC PROVED THAT (http://babimac.com/)

TheDirtyDigger
20th February 2008, 11:56 AM
From what the US people are saying about the new show, is that it is widely perceived as horrible with very stereotyped 'modern Hollywood' nonsense like over the top characters, overly 'sexy' with half naked women in scenes for no real reason and pretty bad acting and cheap special effects. They also had a very forced and unnecessary Lesbian relationship with a female FBI agent as an attempt to make the show "hip".

Well just from that I'm sold on it. Sounds like I'm going to be the show's number one fan!!!:)

overly 'sexy' with half naked women in scenes for no real reason

There is always a reason lad.

G1Optimal
21st February 2008, 07:02 AM
Found it on Youtube.... ;)

IMO it was excellent
"Majority for KITT Though":rolleyes:

springah
21st February 2008, 10:40 AM
I believe the NEW movie is this pilot on TV... the TV show itself will carry on from there

Ok, I'm gonna watch it soon. I've seen 2 different new KITTs tho, so I'm not sure which is which.

Scattershot
21st February 2008, 09:46 PM
Its not too bad but loses the charm of the original series. Tried to make it too hip and new and lost the charm along the way. Not too bad though. I'll keep watching it if they keep it going.

Lord_Zed
21st February 2008, 10:07 PM
I haven't seen it but have heard bad things. I don't see how this will go well though, as the staple of the Knight Rider show and indeed any 80's cop show was car chases. But in the 00's thier so 80's.

I'll have a look I guess, but after that horrfic Knight Rider 2000 tellimovie I'm scared.

Saintly
21st February 2008, 11:54 PM
just finished watching.

it's alright... won't win any awards. but i reckon give it a chance develop, just like the other shows.

excelonzero
24th February 2008, 12:33 AM
I've seen both (yeah the old the new and the dud movie)
This sequel has some potential. IMHO I give any show 6 eps before I'll bag it

and Kitts Voice.. Val Kilmer (yeah that could be better)

As I said I've seen the Old. At least the tech is a little more realistic.
except for that side impact crash. And the Hoff back as Mr Knight thankfully
only as the occasional cameo.

:rolleyes:

springah
25th February 2008, 07:58 AM
Aww, it was ment to be Will Arnett :(

http://jalopnik.com/358033/the-real-reason-why-will-arnett-was-dropped-as-kitt

Paulbot
29th September 2008, 10:00 AM
The telemovie was on over the weekend. I watched it but was bored.

I don't recall much of the old show except watching it when I was young, but I gave it a shot.

Apart from some eye-candy nothing about it made me want to watch it as a series.

Saintly
29th September 2008, 10:06 AM
the new TV series can be found now at your favourite download site :)

Pulse
29th September 2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah I also watched about 1/2 an hour of it on Sat night & then I decided to watch some episodes of "The Office" instead... :D

kup
29th September 2008, 11:52 AM
I watched it. It was ok but hardly impressive.

It seems like the type of show which you watch when you catch it when you can but don't religiously follow.

excelonzero
29th September 2008, 08:36 PM
I've just caught episode one (no not the pilot)
the 'transformations' become a tad more familiar, plates and panels flying everywhere, and the whole SUV thing well that's just freaky

Tober
29th September 2008, 08:55 PM
I saw the pilot a while ago but stopped even thinking of watching when I saw this abomination:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/knightriderattackkitt0ib4.jpg

Poor KITT :(

Pulse
29th September 2008, 09:06 PM
I think the "Pimp My Ride" crew have gotten their hands on it... :D

loophole
29th September 2008, 09:49 PM
now thats something you dont see everyday where the front wheels are bigger than the rear :confused: they really know how to ruin a good car :(

MV75
29th September 2008, 09:50 PM
Hey look! It's lockdown! :D

autobreadticon
29th September 2008, 09:53 PM
a machine that can think and feel..., nah that would never be picked up.....

Paulbot
29th September 2008, 09:59 PM
Hey look! It's lockdown! :D

That's what I thought too :)

Saintly
30th September 2008, 01:58 PM
i watched bits of it yesterday before been told to switch it off :(

the SUV to car transformation is rather tricky (since the two of them hopped into the back of the SUV, then managed to get into the seats in the car!)

Scattershot
30th September 2008, 08:21 PM
OK.... what the hell were they thinking when they thought up the idea of transforming a perfectly hot looking car into something from the kids Hot Wheels car stand. I just watched the first episode and I thought the pic above was a photoshop joke but to my disbelief it did transform into "attack mode". They could of at least saved the super pursuit mode gimmick for a bit down the track but super pursuit mode on the original KITT even looks a million times better. Apart from that and I dont really like that KITT can transform into a F Truck either but I can live with it it was an ok show.

BTW I watched it here:

http://www.knightriderepisodes.net/

Burn
5th October 2008, 08:32 AM
I'm actually really enjoying this series, even after 2 (three if you count the pilot) episodes.

Sure there's a little bit of tackiness and a few plot holes to it, but the original series had that as well.

And it's even more fun when I get my 2 and a half year old nephew to sit down and watch it with me. Little guy loves cars so he just sits there in amazement and gets all excited when he sees the various cars.

Vector Sigma 13
9th February 2009, 05:10 PM
Ive watched up to episode 13 and it just keeps getting better. The KITT vs KARR episode has been my favorite so far (Maybe Cullens voice has something to do with it) Unfortunately the battle scene wasnt long enough in my opinion.

One thing i dont like is maybe there is too much CGI.

Im enjoying this series enough that im trying to track down the original series for comparison (my memory of KITT and the Hoff is sketchy at best).

Burn
9th February 2009, 07:36 PM
I found the KITT vs KARR thing to be the lowest point of this season!

KARR was hinted about for a while, so there was a little bit of a build up, and it was all over in one episode. meh ... I just felt it could have been drawn out a bit instead of wrapping up the first over budget half of the season to move onto the second lesser budgeted half of the season.

Vector Sigma 13
10th February 2009, 08:40 PM
I found the KITT vs KARR thing to be the lowest point of this season!

KARR was hinted about for a while, so there was a little bit of a build up, and it was all over in one episode. meh ... I just felt it could have been drawn out a bit instead of wrapping up the first over budget half of the season to move onto the second lesser budgeted half of the season.

I agree that they could have done so much more with the KARR character. In this day and age they could have come up with an awesome script/ storyline. Perhaps they could have built it up to the final episodes of the season.

Im also not totaly sold on that robot form (A Transfan knows a bad transform when he/ she sees it). I think they could have done just as well with the car form only but perhaps incorporated the more violent scary car/human interface (That could have potentially been freaky as!) Bit like Guld from Macross Plus on Crack watching friday the 13th while flying the VF21!

Im sure if the series continues (unknown if it will) they will come up with some good stuff.

I think someone in this thread suggested an old and new KITT episode would be cool- Id like to see that too.

Id like to see the series continue if possible. If this series gets canned i doubt well ever see another attempt and that would be dissapointing as its a great concept.

Burn
16th February 2009, 11:19 PM
I think someone in this thread suggested an old and new KITT episode would be cool- Id like to see that too.

ahhh I got a little excited when Michael said they were going "old school" in this week's episode.

So hoping ... but they went really old instead. ah well.

And I definitely want to see it continue, at least three seasons, let it have a good run. Getting back to the old style of "help out whoever" each week and putting Kitt and Michael in different situations, while reaking of unoriginality, still works.