PDA

View Full Version : Masterpiece Sightings

Pages : [1] 2

TheDirtyDigger
20th February 2008, 09:55 AM
A very rare to find MP at a shop in Melbourne. $270

PM for details or just general conversation.

griffin
20th February 2008, 12:41 PM
I would be guessing that was MP4? Any other MP and it is way too overpriced.

TheDirtyDigger
20th February 2008, 01:37 PM
Nah not MP4 mate. The other one that we don't talk about in the State of Victoria.
I thought it was a bit too much as well so I left it.

griffin
20th February 2008, 02:25 PM
You could still say MP5, without saying that naughty M word.... :p
I guess there is the legality of passing on details of the location of a prohibited item to anyone who contacts you. But that's up to you.

dirge
20th February 2008, 06:19 PM
I think he's referring to Masterpiece Wheelie. Isn't that right, Stuart? (:

TheDirtyDigger
20th February 2008, 08:54 PM
That is correct Dirge sir.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/erref/hobo1475ft2ct.jpg

darockk
20th February 2008, 11:05 PM
what shop was this? not that i want the masterpiece, i was just curious because i was in melbourne last week and the only store i went to was minotaur which had very little TF's.

griffin
21st February 2008, 01:07 PM
Contact Dirty Digger privately, due to legal issues relating to that figure.

turtle boy
21st February 2008, 02:41 PM
what shop was this? not that i want the masterpiece, i was just curious because i was in melbourne last week and the only store i went to was minotaur which had very little TF's.

I do believe that a small comic shop called Comics 'R' Us had a few Masterpiece Wheeleis on the 5/2/08 and i was in there on the 7th and was told that they had sold every one to a guy with a trench coat and some of them glasses with the fake nose and mustache.

lol nah, they did have a few on the date that i stated and did sell them all between the 3 days. I was told that they may get more but only go on what they are told.... I wouldn't get it there though if they did get more, they were selling a G1 megs in box but the box was in terrible condition and the figure had no stickers or sticker sheet for $550.00. So i could just imagine the price of the most sort after Masterpiece figure in Australia would be selling for....

darockk
21st February 2008, 04:04 PM
Contact Dirty Digger privately, due to legal issues relating to that figure.

you kidding right? there was a whole thread on this item a week or 2 ago and there was no secret as to where the item could be found online :)

anyways next time i visit Melbourne I would like to check out all the comic shops, but just have to find out where they all are :confused:

turtle boy
21st February 2008, 04:29 PM
you kidding right? there was a whole thread on this item a week or 2 ago and there was no secret as to where the item could be found online :)

anyways next time i visit Melbourne I would like to check out all the comic shops, but just have to find out where they all are :confused:

i'll PM ya the address of the one i was in if you like.

griffin
22nd February 2008, 01:49 AM

I'm only recommending that discussion be kept out of the public forum if attempting to obtain a figure that it is currently illegal in most states, for your own protection. If the police or government in victoria wanted to crack down on ownership of replica guns (it only takes a highly publicised criminal act), I don't think you would want them to have easily obtainable proof of you acquiring one, because you posted about it on this public forum. It might be unlikely, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

roller
22nd February 2008, 08:34 AM
hahahahaha i wouldnt worry about the cops in Victoria just give em some lolly

turtle boy
22nd February 2008, 08:57 AM
hahahahaha i wouldnt worry about the cops in Victoria just give em some lolly

Or send them after a P plate driver... no doubt that they could find something wrong with a car that has nothing at all wrong with it. I'm sure that some of them are mechanics outside of the police, they know just about anything to do with hotted up cars... Yeah Right!

TheDirtyDigger
23rd February 2008, 06:43 AM
Or send them after a P plate driver... no doubt that they could find something wrong with a car that has nothing at all wrong with it. I'm sure that some of them are mechanics outside of the police, they know just about anything to do with hotted up cars... Yeah Right!

Haha...my brother's a mechanic who is becoming an officer of the law.

Masterpiece Skywarp is $79 USD @ robotkingdom which is about the cheapest I've seen him for a long while. Depending on shipping this might be my source for obtaining him.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/

springah
23rd February 2008, 10:13 AM
I have one.

Its big and plastic and novelty sized. Let 'em arrest me for it.

reillyd
23rd February 2008, 10:18 PM
Haha...my brother's a mechanic who is becoming an officer of the law.

Masterpiece Skywarp is $79 USD @ robotkingdom which is about the cheapest I've seen him for a long while. Depending on shipping this might be my source for obtaining him.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/

May I offer a piece of advice? Save yourself a lot of time, hassle, and eventual heartbreak, and buy him from an Australian online store instead of importing it. There's a good chance customs will sieze it, and you will be disappointed. The same goes for any G1 megatron reissues.

benben2142
23rd February 2008, 11:55 PM
I saw mp megatron at southport at titans tower for $200 but they sold it, before I could get it but they will get more.

Tropisetron
24th February 2008, 12:24 AM
Hi guys.

Just letting you guys know that Robokingdom is selling MP04 for 199USD. Including postage to australia it'll come to ard USD250.

Just letting u guys know...

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php

Cheers

TheDirtyDigger
24th February 2008, 06:42 AM
May I offer a piece of advice? Save yourself a lot of time, hassle, and eventual heartbreak, and buy him from an Australian online store instead of importing it. There's a good chance customs will sieze it, and you will be disappointed. The same goes for any G1 megatron reissues.

Haha...I think we all know that reillyd. My sighting was for a Skywarp...:o

jaydisc
26th February 2008, 10:45 AM
Hey guys,

I was in TRU yesterday returning something for which I didn't have a receipt. That's an interesting story unto itself, but the counter lady and I had a browse through the TRU computers from which she can identify if a product is on order. She can't say when it's expected to arrive, only if it's in stock somewhere and/or if it's been ordered.

She stated that Masterpiece Starscream is out of stock everywhere and IS A DISCONTINUED ITEM and will not be ordered again.

So grab one while you can. I just got one from shauntheking on ebay. Paid $85 shipped... he's been selling heaps. Keep your eye on him. His feedback sucks, but it's all bad feedback from him as a buyer, not a seller.

JuzMel
27th February 2008, 10:37 AM
Hi guys.

Just letting you guys know that Robokingdom is selling MP04 for 199USD. Including postage to australia it'll come to ard USD250.

Just letting u guys know...

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php

Cheers
It's not in stock YET, I just emailed them and ask them. The stock will be coming later in March they said.

iceburn
29th February 2008, 11:56 AM
ahhh i went into Robot Kingdom yesterday night and MP04 is already available for grabs... they are also selling them on ebay

Tropisetron
1st March 2008, 07:59 PM
Auction 200201890618

Grab it while u can! Lol

darockk
1st March 2008, 10:02 PM

they are seizing skywarp too now?

griffin
1st March 2008, 10:45 PM
He's referring to MP Megatron and Gen1 Megatron.
I couldn't see any reason why skywarp would be confiscated.

iceburn
2nd March 2008, 03:14 PM
they are seizing skywarp too now?

you've just shocked me but yeah as griffin said, its just mp and g1 megs for now as they are gun replicas

Tober
5th March 2008, 04:52 AM
This eBay seller is selling the TAKARA version of MP Starscream for US$85 shipped.

Item link (http://cgi.ebay.com/G1-Transformers-Masterpiece-Starscream-MP-03-MISB_W0QQitemZ130203093831QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 130203093831)

He also has MP-5 (US$50) and Encore 02 (US$38) for good prices too but it does not specify shipping to Australia. If you're feeling lucky maybe email him about shipping and separating the toys from their packaging etc.

Skylynx is $US45 + shipping.

DISCLAIMER
He is a relatively new seller tho so I hope he's not going to do a grab and dash but there have been a few fellow MacrossWorld collectors who have bought from him and been very pleased with his prices and service.

darockk
5th March 2008, 06:58 PM
ah nuts i thought you were talking about greenscream. very good price for anime starscream though, good find.

Borgeman
6th March 2008, 06:19 AM
He's referring to MP Megatron and Gen1 Megatron.
I couldn't see any reason why skywarp would be confiscated.

theres potential for owners of this item to start airstrikes.... :P

George

roller
14th March 2008, 09:00 PM
1 MP Megatron in WA

pm for details

you guys and scalpers will never guess where it is

turtle boy
24th March 2008, 11:44 AM

benben2142
24th March 2008, 07:57 PM
Saw 2x mp skywarp for $180 at titan's tower

roller
29th March 2008, 08:09 PM
saw some mp05's

wont post the details incase the pigs are reading

autobreadticon
7th April 2008, 02:02 PM
exclusive Box hill animezone are supplying new stock this week, of interest MP

autobreadticon
12th April 2008, 10:24 PM
Master MP5 - for $250

iceburn
13th April 2008, 01:02 AM
grrr..that's still too expensive to buy.
hmm (threaten to report them thus ask them to make the price lower) *kekeke*

Hereticpoo
17th April 2008, 05:06 PM
MP Megs @ www.angolz.com $69 USD plus $20.51 USD postage to Aust.
Exchange rate today: AUD $1 = 0.9185 USD. Equals $97.45 AUS to your door registered post. If worried bout our friends at customs, get delivery to WA, then for $25 post to the Eastern States. Worst case scenario MP-5 to eastern states for $122.45 AUD. :) **give or take a few dollars on daily exchange rates**:D

goro
17th April 2008, 05:16 PM
ok now hands up those ppl who are living in teh WA... (group order?)

Hereticpoo
17th April 2008, 05:29 PM
I live in perth if you guys want to send it to me i'll forward it to you. No skin off my nose. :)

roller
17th April 2008, 07:19 PM
is that safe? you guys are talking about mp05 right?

goro
17th April 2008, 09:52 PM
im going to assume that the person who recieves it will take him out of the box, transform him into bot mode and send him that way.... i dont think theres really any other way

Hereticpoo
17th April 2008, 10:15 PM
I assume that the package will go to the Perth mail centre, and that a toy pistol won't surprise anyone there. I got my MP-5 from the eastern states, so once its on Aus turf I guess it wont raise alarms. It comes in robot mode anyway, so if any one looks at it no big deal. So if they do come here they will be forwarded onto you still sealed. Anyone else got Megs from overseas to WA?:cool:

goro
18th April 2008, 12:20 AM
oh its robot mode in teh package? then should be ok... hmmm

iceburn
3rd June 2008, 12:35 PM
Spotted today (its gone as I've got them)
please don't be alarmed and head down to ransack Target:

- MP04 Prime with Trailer @ A$199.99

There was only 2 and one has gone to Sifun.
I'll be offering mine for the price that I've paid at Robot Kingdom if anyone is interested (which is slightly higher)

[edit] Yes yes, TARGET...

roller
3rd June 2008, 01:15 PM
in a Target shop?

STL
3rd June 2008, 01:39 PM
Jaydisc has more news but I'll leave it to him since he found out. Found none on my end out East.

EDIT:
LCZ128 just informed me that he found some more in Melbourne. Unbloody believable. There were 2 there much like the city.

Tober
3rd June 2008, 02:44 PM
DAMN! :mad:

I thought the rep at Toyfair said it was the Optimus WITHOUT the trailer, i.e. MP-01, that would be released at Target. :(

jaydisc
3rd June 2008, 03:01 PM
Nothing too juicy. I talked to a few managers. Supposedly, nearly every target down here has 16 on order, with some more rural locations only having 6, so keep your eyes peeled.

Target Receipt Product number is 42977605 and description is Convoy in case you want to call your local

llamatron
3rd June 2008, 03:09 PM
Hmm, not sure if I would drop $200 on him... I hope there's a 15 or 20% off sale coming up soon!

hanprimus
3rd June 2008, 03:18 PM
Wow thanks for the news guys, hopefully still got some left for me tomorrow.

autobreadticon
3rd June 2008, 04:11 PM
darn it, the target toy sale just finished, any1 any details of layby so i can reserve my copy

1orion2many
3rd June 2008, 06:06 PM
:(They haven't released them over here yet in the West but I was told there is a big toy sale at Target at the beginning of July if you can wait that long and if any are left on the shelf.:D

Kyle
3rd June 2008, 07:08 PM
There's none yet at my local Target today.

k.wong23
3rd June 2008, 07:20 PM
How interesting maybe ill drive down to my local one in 10 mins to check :D

jaydisc
3rd June 2008, 07:30 PM
I already tried Epping and Reservoir

dirge
3rd June 2008, 07:53 PM
Nice, but I can't say I wanna drop $200 for MP Convoy with trailer. I mean, I'd happy pay $120 or so, but just don't care for the trailer (because I wouldn't display it).

If anyone just wants a trailer, I'm more than happy to split d:

Paulbot
3rd June 2008, 08:02 PM
I say wait for the big July toy sale. That's when the Hasbro rep said it would be coming out. It's likely to be the big ticket TF item in the sale and you should save some dollars. That's if they last...

valkyrie_76
3rd June 2008, 08:07 PM
July huh....hrmmmm at least Ill have a few paydays in between that time.

dirge
3rd June 2008, 08:33 PM
That's if they last...

jaydisc will scalp them all before then :eek:

(disclaimer, not really Jay. But someone most likely will :mad: )

iceburn
3rd June 2008, 08:34 PM
me ME mE Me??

kup
3rd June 2008, 08:36 PM
If I find one I am laybying it.

jaydisc
3rd June 2008, 08:39 PM
jaydisc will scalp them all before then :eek:

And then tax deduct it! :D

Just buy now, and if you can get one on sale, buy then, and return the sale one on the old receipt.

iceburn
3rd June 2008, 08:44 PM
exactly what i'll do...

Rampage
3rd June 2008, 09:16 PM
If I find one I am laybying it.
why stop at one lay-by everyone u see

cause i will be:p

liegeprime
3rd June 2008, 09:32 PM
hmmm i just want a trailer as ive already got an MP 01, but its $200 hmmm too pricey it doesnt even come with roller or the gas pump equipment. dear oh dear

jaydisc
3rd June 2008, 09:35 PM
it doesnt even come with roller or the gas pump equipment. dear oh dear

That's MP-07, due out next year :D

iceburn
3rd June 2008, 09:45 PM
Nice, but I can't say I wanna drop $200 for MP Convoy with trailer. I mean, I'd happy pay $120 or so, but just don't care for the trailer (because I wouldn't display it).

If anyone just wants a trailer, I'm more than happy to split d:

liege...dirge just wants Prime, so you can have the trailer.
go figure out between yourselves :P

Robzy
3rd June 2008, 10:22 PM
Wow... is this Prime with long smoke stacks and no battle damage (unlike the Hasbro one)?

Pulse
3rd June 2008, 11:02 PM
Wow! I never thought a large department store chain would stock TFs with a regular price of $200... :rolleyes:

dirge
3rd June 2008, 11:05 PM
I've just done some research and apparently the QC is a lot better on the original Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime (which I have), so I might just stick with that (:

Pulse
3rd June 2008, 11:21 PM
I've just done some research and apparently the QC is a lot better on the original Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime (which I have), so I might just stick with that (:

Mate, You might recall that I recently acquired an MP-04 from Robot Kingdom & IMO, his QC is beautiful :)! I don't know if I got lucky with my example but you shouldn't assume all MP-04's have iffy QC issues.

i_amtrunks
4th June 2008, 09:39 AM
Is the Packaging Japanese style, a la MP02 Magnus? Because if it is, and for that price, I'm sure that many an MP04 will sit on shelves for months just like MP02 did, until the price starts to drop.

I would very much like an MP04, but I dont see much point when I own MP02 already and I am very happy with him.

STL
4th June 2008, 09:41 AM
I'm a bit peeved, we got frontpaged on seibertron.com (looks at i_amtrunks) it means I'll start seeing the usual Victorian scalpers w/ stuff in their store for $500...

And I just found out that MP04 originally cost 18,000 yen. That's about $180 AUD these days. If you think about it, that's bloody awesome. I hope we see more of these. But I doubt they'll ever get Megatron b/c of the obvious possibility of our sensationalistic press.

Tommy K
4th June 2008, 09:59 AM
in a Target shop?

in melbourne?

sifun
4th June 2008, 10:19 AM
I really didn't want this to be front paged on the major sites.
Now we're going to get scalped hard. I HATE scalpers.

hanprimus
4th June 2008, 10:34 AM
No luck with The Glen :(

iceburn
4th June 2008, 10:50 AM
Is the Packaging Japanese style, a la MP02 Magnus? Because if it is, and for that price, I'm sure that many an MP04 will sit on shelves for months just like MP02 did, until the price starts to drop.

I would very much like an MP04, but I dont see much point when I own MP02 already and I am very happy with him.

yes absolute japanese packaging...
i should take a pic and post it up shouldn't i????

Pulse
4th June 2008, 10:50 AM
I was at a local Target yesterday & the grand total of MP-04's was... zero :D

Anyway, I acquired an MP-04 from Robot Kingdom a little while ago & I'm more than happy with him :) but honestly, I know there's 1 or 2 people here who are gonna be wiping their Target's clean & flogging them off to the highest bidder... :rolleyes:

iceburn
4th June 2008, 10:57 AM
pulse, i had a look at ebay and things aren't that hot for MP04 as yet...
think everyone is waiting....

Kyle
4th June 2008, 12:14 PM
I already bought 2 x MP04 way back when the toy was first released (one opened for me to play with, another as part of my MISB collection). The only possibility of me getting another one is if they've improved the QC with these Target ones. The original MP04 did not have the "legs detaching problem" of the MP01 restock. However, the paint job was less than desirable compared to the original MP01. If the new Target ones have good paint job then I might get them and sell my original ones for cheap. I suspect these Target ones are the same recent restock ordered by Hasbro HK (the Robotkingdom ones) and now available to Hasbro AU. However, there's been very little report of the QC of these recent ones on the HK forum.

sifun
4th June 2008, 12:19 PM
I haven't opened mine because I have clearly run out of space. Might have a peak later to check out the QC.

Kyle
4th June 2008, 12:20 PM

Robzy
4th June 2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah, thanks... I'd like to know what it's like too. :)

I never really knew there were QC problems until a few months ago. I only bought the Hasbro 20th Anni version - and that's great! (except for the smaller stacks and battle damage)

sifun
4th June 2008, 02:14 PM
20th anniversary is actually the correct one i think, it was meant for battle damage judging from some of the small details in the diecast in the legs that have battle damage in the mold itself.

jaydisc
4th June 2008, 06:04 PM
Just grabbed mine today. Noticed it was double taped. Haven't smuggled it into the house yet... fearful of girlfriend.

Kyle
4th June 2008, 06:57 PM
Haven't smuggled it into the house yet... fearful of girlfriend.

:D

hanprimus
4th June 2008, 07:23 PM
Just grabbed mine today. Noticed it was double taped. Haven't smuggled it into the house yet... fearful of girlfriend.

Where did you get it Jay? No luck again in the city...

Pulse
4th June 2008, 07:45 PM

You're gonna have a hard time hiding a box that big... :D

But I thought your GF even scouted TFs for you, so She should be fine with this... ;)

Robzy
5th June 2008, 01:07 AM
Trouble in Paradise?

STL
5th June 2008, 01:22 AM

Now you know how I feel. ;)

iceburn
5th June 2008, 07:24 AM
yeah, i checked it out and saw the right side double-taped.
sifun...do you know what's included/taken out???

jaydisc
5th June 2008, 07:30 AM
I haven't opened the paperwork packet, but that looks double taped too. I think they just inserted an English battery warning and probably removed some of the Takara Japanese stuff.

Edit: It's so interesting that Hasbro AU is distributing it. Why would they do this instead of 20th Anniversary?

Paulbot
5th June 2008, 08:30 AM
Edit: It's so interesting that Hasbro AU is distributing it. Why would they do this instead of 20th Anniversary?

Instead of? I would ask: Why they would do this in addition to 25th Anniversary?

jaydisc
5th June 2008, 08:33 AM
Yeah, that too. I guess a more concise statement question would be: why are they distributing Takara JP stuff instead of Hasbro US?

Paulbot
5th June 2008, 08:48 AM
Ultra Magnus must have been successful for them (depsite all the shelfwarming apperances to the contrary). That or maybe the two versions of Masterpiece Primes sold so incredibly well that they sought out the toy again from Hasbro and could only get the .jp version.

dirge
5th June 2008, 10:49 AM
Successful because Target bought a lot of Magni (?). Remember, Hasbro AU sees the stores as their customer base. They don't care if we don't buy it, as long as the stores do.

STL
5th June 2008, 10:50 AM
Well, I called a few Targets and what I got:

- They're expected to be in the big annual toy sale that is on in about 2-3 weeks. I asked one of them if they could hold them for me when they arrive but he said he couldn't b/c it'd be part of the toy sale and he couldn't do that.
- A lot of customers have been asking about them - at Camberwell particularly in Victoria. Looks like I won't be looking for my Convoy there.
- Most places receive a shipment once a month. The Box Hill and Forest Hill staff both indicated their last shipment was about 2 weeks ago so the next lot is about 2-3 weeks away which hopefully includes Convoy.

And I learnt that Target consider two of their larger stores to be Greensborough and Chadstone. So there's a chance that those will get more than other outlets.

A bit of a pain, that was 25 mins of my time but at least I didn't have to waste petrol. :) Back to studying for me now!

The_Damned
5th June 2008, 02:10 PM
well i just checked target in civic in the act and they did not have any and the toy lady had not heard about them..... :(

jaydisc
5th June 2008, 03:09 PM

Just got busted!!! She saw him in robot mode on the desk and just assumed it was Movie Leader Prime in robot mode (he's usually on the desk in alt mode), but then she saw the big black box.

:o

iceburn
5th June 2008, 03:11 PM
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...what's with the big black box sitting there!
hide it..put it as leg rest

jaydisc
5th June 2008, 03:16 PM
It was so in the corner along the side of the desk. I'm starting to run out of closet space!

STL
5th June 2008, 03:40 PM
Just got busted!!! She saw him in robot mode on the desk and just assumed it was Movie Leader Prime in robot mode (he's usually on the desk in alt mode), but then she saw the big black box.

Ah, yes, just when you think your home scot free. I know the feeling all too well.

STL
5th June 2008, 03:46 PM
It was so in the corner along the side of the desk. I'm starting to run out of closet space!

Not so confident now, huh, Mr. I will keep all packaging? :p

DigDug
5th June 2008, 03:56 PM
There were still no Convoy with Trailer on display at Chermside this afternoon but there are 16 on the store computers that have not reached them yet.

After a chat the toy manager was happy to put one aside for me when they come in too so he may do the same for others keen for one. That said, there seems to be few collectors on this side of Brisbane so mebe they are ALL mine :D

Soundwarp
5th June 2008, 04:54 PM
Lol my wife was there looking for me today.

MV75
5th June 2008, 07:48 PM
1. Spot one.
2. Laybuy it
3. When sale comes, un-laybuy it and re-laybuy at sale price. :)
________
Magic flight (http://www.vaporshop.com/mflb-vaporizer.html)

Lenneth
5th June 2008, 08:17 PM
There were still no Convoy with Trailer on display at Chermside this afternoon but there are 16 on the store computers that have not reached them yet.

After a chat the toy manager was happy to put one aside for me when they come in too so he may do the same for others keen for one. That said, there seems to be few collectors on this side of Brisbane so mebe they are ALL mine :D

Does BigW there have a crap selection or do you buy them all, because everytime I go there they only have the smash-em-ups. haha

Kyle
5th June 2008, 11:31 PM

I've got say, it's a very nice box... :p

Robzy
5th June 2008, 11:40 PM
Just got busted!!! She saw him in robot mode on the desk and just assumed it was Movie Leader Prime in robot mode (he's usually on the desk in alt mode), but then she saw the big black box.:oHope the couch is comfy! ;)

jaydisc
6th June 2008, 08:06 AM

How do you know! :mad:

Oh, you mean the toy. :o

kup
6th June 2008, 08:25 AM
Any confirmed NSW sightings?

Pulse
6th June 2008, 01:53 PM
Any confirmed NSW sightings?

I've been to 3 different Targets in the last few days & seen a grand total of... 0. :(

kup
6th June 2008, 02:07 PM
I've been to 3 different Targets in the last few days & seen a grand total of... 0. :(

Then its a 0 for NSW so far. I hope that we don't get ditched in the release.

Paulbot
6th June 2008, 02:18 PM
Don't worry about it yet. The sale isn't supposed to start for a few weeks. The finds so far seem to be over-eager release.

iceburn
6th June 2008, 02:25 PM
Then its a 0 for NSW so far. I hope that we don't get ditched in the release.

I'm wondering if you guys did call any of the Targets first
dont run down unless they have them displayed on the shelves

not every Target in Melbourne has their stock out on display yet...so its not official.

DigDug
6th June 2008, 03:47 PM
Does BigW there have a crap selection or do you buy them all, because everytime I go there they only have the smash-em-ups. haha

Nah, that sounds just like a Big W with slack staff... I avoid Chermside whenever possible but it is the closest Target store so the pilgrimage was (of course) essential (=

Unfortunately, my preferred place of trade will soon require a paypal account so I may be competing with you for the smash-ups, unless the online retailer-that-shan't-be-named gets a clue and dumps their imminent paypal policy.

autobreadticon
6th June 2008, 07:47 PM
Paul any sightings of Mp4 in your area?

Paulbot
6th June 2008, 08:16 PM

Apparently so, but I haven't been shopping.

iceburn
6th June 2008, 08:58 PM

Albie saw a couple at Fountain Gate on the day i spotted it too...

Robzy
6th June 2008, 09:08 PM

How do you know! :mad:

Oh, you mean the toy. :oHee hee :D

k.wong23
6th June 2008, 09:15 PM
1. Spot one.
2. Laybuy it
3. When sale comes, un-laybuy it and re-laybuy at sale price. :)

Is there not some fee charged for cancelling a layby??

1orion2many
6th June 2008, 10:36 PM
:)The easier way around it is to go to the lay-by counter and bring it to their attention, they will then discount your lay-by to match the sale price and yes I have done this on many a time:D.

Paulbot
7th June 2008, 04:07 PM
Found one today at a Victorian Target store. Just the one and the box was pretty badly battered at one corner so I left it there for now. Scanned it in on the price checker though and liked seeing the "Convoy" name came up in the computer.

Kyle
7th June 2008, 06:44 PM
Target Perth and Target Bullcreek still have none as of today.

Soundwarp
8th June 2008, 08:20 AM
None in my areas (Brisbane nth) yet.

1orion2many
8th June 2008, 09:45 AM
:(When I spoke to the local Target here it sounded like they were holding off until the sale, but you never know they may still put them out early;).

TF76
8th June 2008, 10:22 AM
I bought one at Highpoint target, Friday night. The box had some damage to the top corner, it was the last one there. I was going to pass but my girlfriend convinced me, I’m glad she did. The box seemed much worse at the store, it really isn’t bothering me at all.

If lots do turn upon sale I’ll exchange the new one on the old receipt. If it is a local store I might take it home and swap the box too but I wont be really hunting. I’m happy with what I got.

Golden Phoenix
8th June 2008, 12:07 PM
Gah! I Can't find them.
I've checked the Targets at Box Hill, Camberwell and Melbourne CBD and they have all either not been put out or already raided. >.<
I am hoping Box Hill is just being itself. They take ages to get anything or at least put it out on the shelf.

iceburn
8th June 2008, 11:23 PM
GP...target city has been raided by me for the first 2 found that sparked this hype...
generally, they are officially out there...just keep your eyes peeled

Borgeman
8th June 2008, 11:51 PM
if anyone finds one for me, call me if you have my number, alse layby it for me - dont get me wrong i am looking, but exams make searching an infrequent event....

George

STL
8th June 2008, 11:52 PM
if anyone finds one for me, call me if you have my number, alse layby it for me - dont get me wrong i am looking, but exams make searching an infrequent event....

George

Dude, get your priorities straight.

Borgeman
8th June 2008, 11:59 PM
Dude, get your priorities straight.

they are straight, transformers first. however, exams are the exception to the rule, as obtaining good marks at uni means passing my degree, meaning high paying job, meaning an exponential influx of toys to my domain.

its all for the greater good i say.... :D

George

Golden Phoenix
9th June 2008, 09:19 AM
GP...target city has been raided by me for the first 2 found that sparked this hype...
generally, they are officially out there...just keep your eyes peeled
They have to have more though. They would be crazy not to get more of them. 2 is simply not enough per store

iceburn
9th June 2008, 11:34 AM
yes and totally agree. they probably placed 2 or more out just for a trial.
same like Fountain Gate, 2 (not 10) was found

kay-al
9th June 2008, 02:24 PM
I saw one in Target Greensborough today - the box is in very good condition, if anyone is interested.

jaydisc
9th June 2008, 08:34 PM
They have to have more though. They would be crazy not to get more of them. 2 is simply not enough per store

As posted earlier, most stores have 16 on order.

Golden Phoenix
10th June 2008, 10:16 PM
I spoke to someone in the toy department of the Box Hill Target today.
She said that some stores, like the city or Fountain Gate have a higher priority then others. Box Hill was a low Priority and Camberwell was somewhere in the middle. I am going to check out Camberwell tomorrow, but that should mean there are still some store yet to get them on shelves

roller
10th June 2008, 11:11 PM
Out of box Ultramagnus and Megatron sighted today in the Perth city, in an EB games shop.

Megatron was 265 $ if i remember correctly, and magnus did not have a sticker slapped on him.

Couldnt see any of megatrons accessories anywhere in the cabinet

Also Empire still has 2 boxed Mp05s

k.wong23
10th June 2008, 11:32 PM
I spoke to someone in the toy department of the Box Hill Target today.
She said that some stores, like the city or Fountain Gate have a higher priority then others. Box Hill was a low Priority and Camberwell was somewhere in the middle. I am going to check out Camberwell tomorrow, but that should mean there are still some store yet to get them on shelves

So does that mean Box Hill already sold out? If there's any at Camby let me know!

Borgeman
10th June 2008, 11:38 PM
So does that mean Box Hill already sold out? If there's any at Camby let me know!

nah i think that low stores with higher priority will receive their stock 1st...

George

Golden Phoenix
11th June 2008, 04:12 AM

The lower priority stores get the stock last, so that means Box Hill hasn't even had any to put on shelves let alone sell

kup
11th June 2008, 02:37 PM
Still no NSW sightings?? :(

Kyle
11th June 2008, 02:42 PM
Out of box Ultramagnus and Megatron sighted today in the Perth city, in an EB games shop.

That was a Gametrader not EB. :p

hanprimus
11th June 2008, 03:33 PM
Found 2 MP04 at The Glen yesterday, seems like much easier to find one now...:D

cygnus
12th June 2008, 12:51 PM
Still no stock in QLD...but i spotted someone's grandies are asking the toy section by showing a MP04 picture in the phone :eek:

iceburn
12th June 2008, 01:28 PM
hahahahaa...sheesh, asking a grandie to do toy hunting

k.wong23
12th June 2008, 07:56 PM
Already ladies and gentlemen, my friend has confirmed 12 Convoys have landed in Box Hill Target. 4 out on the shelves, the rest out the back! GET CRACKIN BOYS

I'll check Camberwell tomorrow first then Box Hill lol

Paulbot
12th June 2008, 08:11 PM
Uh no, can we please leave some on the shelf for when the sale starts and the price comes down?

k.wong23
12th June 2008, 08:13 PM
Lol of course Paulbot of course, but i'll grab mine regardless of the price for myself :)

I only want the trailer so if anyone wants a MP-01 MIB let me know :p

STL
12th June 2008, 09:33 PM
I knocked off two today at another location. On layby now. Hopefully between now and then there's a healthy sale. :)

dirge
12th June 2008, 09:34 PM
I knocked up two today at another location.

:eek:

There's a mental image I don't want!

STL
12th June 2008, 09:42 PM
:eek:

There's a mental image I don't want!

kurdt_the_goat
12th June 2008, 09:51 PM
accidentally posted in this thread.. but anyway, while i'm here i may as well say there was no MP04 at Vic Park Target today :(

llamatron
12th June 2008, 11:00 PM
None at Innaloo.

They did only just get in the Walmart Deluxes (Big Daddy et al.) so I'm guessing it'll be at least a month or more before we see Mp-04 (if ever).

Kyle
13th June 2008, 01:16 PM
accidentally posted in this thread.. but anyway, while i'm here i may as well say there was no MP04 at Vic Park Target today :(

Didn't get online last night and missed your post. :p

I was there this morning and they still had none.

kup
13th June 2008, 01:20 PM
I want NSW Sightings! :mad: :p

reillyd
13th June 2008, 02:12 PM
hahahahaa...sheesh, asking a grandie to do toy hunting

That's what they're good for. It makes them feel useful, instead of being put out to pasture :P

I have very fond memories of my grandmother, twenty years ago, hitting all the Kmarts on the Gold Coast for an advertised G1 Optimus Prime. She ended up rainchecking it, and I received it for my birthday. Go grey power!

Pulse
13th June 2008, 02:43 PM
I want NSW Sightings! :mad: :p

I think the Melbourners have snaffled 'em all up... :rolleyes::D

k.wong23
13th June 2008, 02:54 PM
Went to Box Hill there weren't any :(

Called my friend and he forgot to mention he MOVED to Camberwell Target, I've got one on Layby, but all the boxes I found were damaged slightly :( damn it!

STL
13th June 2008, 02:56 PM
Oi lads, I learned of a location that has 12 MP04's available. I'll PM all Melbournians immediately

STL
13th June 2008, 03:10 PM
I tried to remember all Melbournians that I could think off of the top of my head the location of the 10-12 I saw today. If anyone didn't get the PM, ask one of the other guys on the board

sifun
13th June 2008, 03:22 PM
cheers for the PM

k.wong23
13th June 2008, 04:40 PM
image of mp04's:

add http

members.iinet.net.au/~repus/mp04.JPG

kurdt_the_goat
13th June 2008, 04:52 PM
That doesn't look like a toy department area... more like one of the cabinets they store games/dvds in.. can you confirm?

hanprimus
13th June 2008, 05:30 PM
One more left at my local Target:

www.flickr.com/photos/27423527@N04/2574391119/

STL
13th June 2008, 05:31 PM
if u note the orange label above, that's a target sale label. I think that looks like Camberwell?

k.wong23
13th June 2008, 07:39 PM
That doesn't look like a toy department area... more like one of the cabinets they store games/dvds in.. can you confirm?

For Camberwell they are sitting in the sound and vision cabinets for some odd reason, most likely to prevent the boxes from further damage from kids?

if u note the orange label above, that's a target sale label. I think that looks like Camberwell?

Not on sale but that is Camberwell :)

Hey STL and Hanprimus, what were the condition of the boxes of the ones you put on layby? Camberwell all have been mishandled...

Chaddy target = zilch

kurdt_the_goat
13th June 2008, 09:17 PM
Perth Target = still no MP04's.
Empire Toys though have 4 MP05's for $165, which is a pretty decent price compared to what else you could pay, and especially for Empire Toys!

STL
13th June 2008, 10:17 PM
My were in great nic when i grabbed them tho i did ask the layby guy to handle w/ care. The ones at the other location i spotted up today looked all in very good nick too.

iceburn
13th June 2008, 10:44 PM
i think i have 2 spares on hold for me...received a missed call from Target today. anyone wants one????

Pulse
14th June 2008, 05:27 PM
I have great news to report to all my fellow New South Welshmen :D.

MP-04's have finally been spotted in NSW :) Woo Hoo!!!.

A local Target had 3 of them on the top shelf! Well, there are now 2 of them left :rolleyes: (The box in the best condition will be finding a new owner later tonight :)).

For those of you who don't know what suburb I live in, I live in the Hills District of Sydney. That's all the info I'll be giving away :D.

Zippo
14th June 2008, 08:36 PM
Probably cost too much in postage fees to send one to New Zealand ... So I won't ask.

kup
14th June 2008, 11:03 PM
Have a check, you never know.

A big Thanks to Pulse for getting me a much sought after MP-4!

You Rock!

Pulse
15th June 2008, 01:10 AM
It was a pleasure doing business with you Kup! :)

& You even got it personally delivered by Courier :D! How's that for service? ;)

jaydisc
15th June 2008, 07:58 AM
Probably cost too much in postage fees to send one to New Zealand ... So I won't ask.

Remember you already got a shipment coming from me, so it might pay to combine? Might be worth your while waiting through July to see if the sales bear fruit, but it's certainly no burden here.

Zippo
15th June 2008, 08:52 AM
Remember you already got a shipment coming from me, so it might pay to combine? Might be worth your while waiting through July to see if the sales bear fruit, but it's certainly no burden here.

The exchange rate to buy AU dollars in New Zealand has dropped, $1NZ = 80c AU (used to be 90-92)

So $200 = $275NZ Add postage on such a big heavy item and im looking at around 350-400NZ. I'll look for one in Singapore..

1orion2many
15th June 2008, 09:01 AM
The exchange rate to buy AU dollars in New Zealand has dropped, $1NZ = 80c AU (used to be 90-92)

So $200 = $275NZ Add postage on such a big heavy item and im looking at around 350-400NZ. I'll look for one in Singapore..

:confused: if the exchange rate is $1NZ=80c Aus wouldn't it calculate to be about $250 NZ:confused: It does sound like there will be a substantial discount in the July sale after speaking to someone at Target as well.:)

turtle boy
15th June 2008, 09:27 AM
Found 12 PM 04s in Tagret Wodonga. Want one? Throw me a PM I'll land ya one.

iceburn
15th June 2008, 12:45 PM

Zippo...There might still be heaps of MP05 in the departmental stores e.g. Metro. check that out...(last seen in Feb)

Zippo
15th June 2008, 08:07 PM
:confused: if the exchange rate is $1NZ=80c Aus wouldn't it calculate to be about $250 NZ:confused: It does sound like there will be a substantial discount in the July sale after speaking to someone at Target as well.:)

My bad on the calulation. I suck at maths.

cygnus
16th June 2008, 05:21 PM
spotted 2 in the city, but both are poorly handled :(.
But guess I have to keep an eye on my local target then.

k.wong23
16th June 2008, 07:06 PM
Appears these still have QC issues according to this post on OCAU forum i browse:

forums.overclockers.com.au/showpost.php?p=8979233&postcount=2035

Still heaps at Camberwell too.

cygnus
16th June 2008, 07:11 PM
Appears these still have QC issues according to this post on OCAU forum i browse:

forums.overclockers.com.au/showpost.php?p=8979233&postcount=2035

Still heaps at Camberwell too.

i can't read it....Whats that about ?

iceburn
16th June 2008, 08:15 PM
i'm wondering if these are bad stocks that Takara wants to get rid off.
most boxes seems damaged when already on the shelves

k.wong23
16th June 2008, 08:19 PM
Here ya go cygnus:

YAY !!

picked up my one today from Target Bondi

unfortunately, lil prime ain't complete, has some paint wear already & his right chest "door" is very loose

btw, yes my box is ruined, cause when they put him on hold, they decided to use tape to stick my details to the box & upon picking up, the counter person removed my details & ripped my box and its now ruined .... *sigh*

missing hydraulics

img207.imageshack.us/img207/7506/p6150207eh7.th.jpg

paint wear

img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p6150209rc5.jpg

he's HUGE !!

sifun
16th June 2008, 09:05 PM
Just had a peak at my mp04, and the paint apps are indeed worse off than before.

No wonder takara just wanted to offload this crappy batch

iceburn
16th June 2008, 09:11 PM
ok..time to open up this sealed MP04 i have...
sorry guys, if this turns out bad.. i am returning it

1orion2many
16th June 2008, 09:44 PM
Strip him down and repaint him as long as there is no missing parts.

sifun
16th June 2008, 10:07 PM
its hasbro quality crappy paint basically.

its like the paint machine went haywire and couldn't control its skeeting.

*edit* its not that bad, just doesn't completely follow the lines and isn't as clean.

Pulse
16th June 2008, 10:25 PM
I think Kup's happy with his... :) (atleast he can't blame me for everything :rolleyes:)

Mixmaster
16th June 2008, 11:26 PM
Adelaide appears to be a Prime free zone at present.

cygnus
17th June 2008, 04:32 AM
So is what we getting are just crappy stock all over those years?
Or they are manufactured in the old mould recently?

Are there anything that we can do to show our concern?

IF TAKARA/Hasbro just import them to Aus and selling such crappy thing for $200, its abit immoral.

Kyle
17th June 2008, 09:06 AM
So is what we getting are just crappy stock all over those years?
Or they are manufactured in the old mould recently?

Are there anything that we can do to show our concern?

IF TAKARA/Hasbro just import them to Aus and selling such crappy thing for $200, its abit immoral.

I believe these Target ones we're getting were manufactured just this year. Hasbro HK ordered a huge "restock" and the "restock" was manufactured to order just earlier. (Hence the sudden restock on sites such as Robotkingdom but not sites based in Japan such as HLJ.) I guess Target AU also got some since the assembly lines were operating again. Too bad it seems they didn't try to improve the QC issues that were present in the original release. :/

Mixmaster
17th June 2008, 09:42 AM
I believe these Target ones we're getting were manufactured just this year.

Oh ok. Does that mean it's more like the "talking" DVD version of Prime (which was pretty crappy) and not like the 20th Anniversary?

Kyle
17th June 2008, 11:13 AM
Oh ok. Does that mean it's more like the "talking" DVD version of Prime (which was pretty crappy) and not like the 20th Anniversary?

Not quite...

Takara:

MP01 (clean, long stacks)
- 1st release has the best QC and paint application.
- 2nd release has known issue of legs easily "detaching" from body.

MP04 (similar to MP01 but with trailer, also stickers inside the arm communicators have been replaced.)
- 1st release does not seem to have the legs detaching issue, but has crappy paint job and QC such as paint chips.
- 2nd release has recently been released in HK (and Target AU?)

Hasbro:

20th Anniversary Prime
- similar to MP01 but with short stacks and battle damage paint job.

"DVD" Prime with crappy talking base
- complete repaint with different shade of red and new yellow details but no chrome. Very crappy QC and paint job. Also short stacks.

1orion2many
17th June 2008, 12:25 PM
:)If paint apps is the only problem then I'll still buy it:D.

kup
17th June 2008, 12:30 PM
I think Kup's happy with his... :) (atleast he can't blame me for everything :rolleyes:)

Why would I blame you? On the contrary I am very grateful :)

This MP-4 appears to be the same in QC as my MP-1 which had pretty bad paint quality on the metal parts, particularly the legs. Over time bits chipped or pealed off and the figure was mostly static on display. He also suffered from a bad leg hip joint that comes off too easy.

Although this MP-4 does not appear to have the same bad hip, he very much looks to have the same low quality paint. I am tempted to keep MP4 MIB for that very reason as if I display him he could deteriorate like my MP-1 who I have to touch up with paint!

MP Magnus paint app seems to be much more superior but its not flawless.

Kyle
17th June 2008, 12:32 PM
Your MP01 seems to be the 2nd release version.

kup
17th June 2008, 01:04 PM
Your MP01 seems to be the 2nd release version.

Perhaps, I am not sure but what I do know from Dirge's Hasbro 20th Anni Prime is that despite the battle damage, the paint is of a much greater quality on that figure.

Kyle
17th June 2008, 01:51 PM
Perhaps, I am not sure but what I do know from Dirge's Hasbro 20th Anni Prime is that despite the battle damage, the paint is of a much greater quality on that figure.

Slightly edited:

Takara:

MP01 (no battle damage paint-wise, long stacks)
- 1st release has the best QC and paint application.
- 2nd release has known issue of legs easily "detaching" from body, as well as poorer paint job.

MP04 (similar to MP01 but with trailer, also stickers inside the arm communicators have been replaced.)
- 1st release does not seem to have the legs detaching issue, but has crappy paint job and QC such as paint chips.
- 2nd release has recently been released in HK (and Target AU?)

Hasbro:

20th Anniversary Prime
- pretty much same QC as MP01 1st release, but with short stacks and extra battle damage paint application.

- complete repaint with different shade of red and new yellow details but no chrome. Very crappy QC and paint job. Also short stacks.

Pulse
17th June 2008, 01:55 PM

As well as head frequently popping off... :rolleyes: (I recall seeing this in every single "DVD" Prime in the stores :()

turtle boy
17th June 2008, 02:13 PM
As well as head frequently popping off... :rolleyes: (I recall seeing this in every single "DVD" Prime in the stores :()

The head never came off mine until I took it off deliberately. The feet do tend to come off easy on mine.

Kyle
17th June 2008, 03:34 PM

My MISB DVD Prime still has his head attached. :p

The head never came off mine until I took it off deliberately. The feet do tend to come off easy on mine.

I believe it's more a design issue with the feet rather than QC. My MP01 1st release does have his feet coming off from time to time.

Pulse
18th June 2008, 02:26 PM
The exact same Target that I found Kup's MP-04 in had a grand total of, wait for it, 20 MP-04's in stock today! Yes, you read that right! 20 MP-04's!

That many MP-04's on the top shelf sure is an impressive sight!
So 20 MP-04's x $200 = $4000! Woah!!! :eek:

But seriously, that's alot of money for one toy! Does Target Rouse Hill honestly expect to sell all of them?

Paulbot
18th June 2008, 02:37 PM
Maybe at the sale price? I'm guessing it will be $160 or less.

DigDug
19th June 2008, 04:34 PM
I layby'd one at Target Chermside a couple of hours ago. There are still none on display but I got a call almost a week ago to pick him up and I am pretty certain they haven't sold all 20 yet so there should be more around somewhere...

The box was in pretty good condition too - would have been A1 but had a couple of minor impressions on the back side edges.

PS don't bother looking there for the Prime blaster rig that went on sale today - they were already out by this arvo :(

Pulse
19th June 2008, 06:01 PM
PS don't bother looking there for the Prime blaster rig that went on sale today - they were already out by this arvo :(

A local Target had the exact same notice up too in the TF section. Are they referring to the Crappy Prime blaster & FAB 2-pack? :confused: How the hell are those things so damn popular? :confused:

Sorry, it's this piece of sh#t www.target.com/Optimus-Prime-Battle-Rig-Blaster/dp/B000PWK52G isn't it? :rolleyes:

jaydisc
19th June 2008, 06:15 PM
Just saw a pair at Target Maroochydore. Does anyone even live near there? I come up periodically as my girl's folks live near here.

DigDug
19th June 2008, 09:10 PM
Sorry, it's this piece of sh#t www.target.com/Optimus-Prime-Battle-Rig-Blaster/dp/B000PWK52G isn't it? :rolleyes:

The very same :) I knew exactly what you meant when you said piece of sh#t but couldn't resist taking a look at the link anyway ;)

STL
19th June 2008, 09:47 PM
The very same :) I knew exactly what you meant when you said piece of sh#t but couldn't resist taking a look at the link anyway ;)

+1!

Golden Phoenix
20th June 2008, 08:26 PM
I spotted at least 5 Primes at the City Target today.

There was a MP Megatron at Comics 'R' Us up the street. They were asking $250 for it

Finally further up, down at Hobby Japan they had an Ultra Magnus, but don't bother, they were asking for $550.
When the dude said that I laughed and pointed out how much Prime is going for at Target. Doesn't suprise me though. There wanted $600 for the same Prime about a month ago.

DigDug
21st June 2008, 07:52 AM
Dude... you shouldn't have mentioned the MP4s at Target to HJ :eek: they will probably have already been down there to buy a few more to shaft off at 200% profit!

Still, $600 for a Masterpiece Optimus :confused: How can these guys manage to even sell them?

Soundwarp
21st June 2008, 10:28 AM
I layby'd one at Target Chermside a couple of hours ago. There are still none on display but I got a call almost a week ago to pick him up and I am pretty certain they haven't sold all 20 yet so there should be more around somewhere...

The box was in pretty good condition too - would have been A1 but had a couple of minor impressions on the back side edges.

Hmmmm i really want just the trailer, is it worth having 3 of the Primes.....

Golden Phoenix
21st June 2008, 10:31 PM
Dude... you shouldn't have mentioned the MP4s at Target to HJ :eek: they will probably have already been down there to buy a few more to shaft off at 200% profit!

Still, $600 for a Masterpiece Optimus :confused: How can these guys manage to even sell them?

I don't know, but it has been sold. Poor sap that bought it though.
or maybe they thought I was an idiot and tried to rip me off.
I remember when they had Masterpiece Megatron like 6 months ago or something. They were asking for $300-400.
I don't know how they stay open...their Box Hill store has closed down or moved though

k.wong23
21st June 2008, 11:06 PM
I don't know, but it has been sold. Poor sap that bought it though.
or maybe they thought I was an idiot and tried to rip me off.
I remember when they had Masterpiece Megatron like 6 months ago or something. They were asking for $300-400.
I don't know how they stay open...their Box Hill store has closed down or moved though

Haha i went in there the other day and asked too, $550!

HJ use to be in Glenferrie too, that didn't last long. The one in the city had a 50% off sale but i didn't notice anything good:confused:

DigDug
22nd June 2008, 07:05 AM
Haha i went in there the other day and asked too, $550!

HJ use to be in Glenferrie too, that didn't last long. The one in the city had a 50% off sale but i didn't notice anything good:confused:

Poor sap indeed :(

$300 is steep but not insultingly expensive if the guy who bought Prime got him at the 50% off sale. Still, he would have had a nasty surprise if he looked through Target's toy section recently...

He should have consulted Ozformers first :rolleyes:

Golden Phoenix
22nd June 2008, 11:05 PM
Poor sap indeed :(

$300 is steep but not insultingly expensive if the guy who bought Prime got him at the 50% off sale. Still, he would have had a nasty surprise if he looked through Target's toy section recently...

The 50% off only applies to certain items. Usually little things like anime DVDs, plushies and other figures. Big ticket items like the Transformers they have or the statues ain't in it. And the sale wasn't on when they had Prime, that only started in the last week or so.

roller
23rd June 2008, 07:18 PM
$165 Mp05 at Empire toys Perth Western Australia

STL
23rd June 2008, 09:39 PM
$165 Mp05 at Empire toys Perth Western Australia

Deary me. I'd love one at that price.

Pulse
23rd June 2008, 10:48 PM
That price actually ain't that bad (& to think those scalpers at the last Parra Fair wanted $300 for their's... :rolleyes:)

jaydisc
23rd June 2008, 10:56 PM
Deary me. I'd love one at that price.

:confused: It's US$75 from RK (pre-shipping)

STL
23rd June 2008, 11:00 PM
:confused: It's US$75 from RK (pre-shipping)

But shipping into the country's the problem.

jaydisc
23rd June 2008, 11:11 PM
Perceived problem

STL
24th June 2008, 12:04 AM
For me, it was quite real. ;)

jaydisc
24th June 2008, 07:36 AM
Well, you have 2 tries before it costs as much as Empire. Especially with one of your typical orders from RK. It would just be another box in the box. Were there any first hand reports of VIC seizures here?

sifun
24th June 2008, 07:51 AM
i think they're getting a bit slack lately, I think they ship directly to sydney then to melbourne...
They have seized them before however. lol I'd go with the robotkingdom option, the price is worth the risk considering you can go twice as jay said

kennymak167
24th June 2008, 08:27 AM
I just bought one MP05 from ebay, and the item was sent from hong kong. I have no problem at all, I recieved after one week. However custom open the box to have a look, but every thing still there

iceburn
24th June 2008, 08:32 AM
I just bought one MP05 from ebay, and the item was sent from hong kong. I have no problem at all, I recieved after one week. However custom open the box to have a look, but every thing still there

Perth shouldn't have any problems mate...

Pulse
24th June 2008, 09:57 AM
kennymak167, They even sell MP Megs off the shelf in some of your collector stores (Good luck finding an MP Megs in a NSW/VIC collector store for a reasonable price :rolleyes:)

STL
24th June 2008, 10:48 AM
Well, you have 2 tries before it costs as much as Empire. Especially with one of your typical orders from RK. It would just be another box in the box. Were there any first hand reports of VIC seizures here?
You're looking at the report. :p

jaydisc
24th June 2008, 11:05 AM
Perth shouldn't have any problems mate...

I'm not disagreeing with any of this, but I find this interesting as I thought Customs was federal. Are all goods expected upon their first entry to the country, like airline passengers? Are those customs officials determining what can and can't be in the package based on the packages destination? That would be tough to implement. Is there a secondary state level of inspection? If so, wouldn't this affect domestic interstate shipments as well?

You're looking at the report. :p

Dang, that sucks. Sorry. So you've got one more try left. :D

darockk
24th June 2008, 11:14 AM
who said you get 2 tries?

STL
24th June 2008, 11:15 AM
Nope there are no interstate inspections. That's how it's possible for people to get it. That or you gamble that customs won't pick yours up. I imagine they have scanning technology that they can pre-program what to look for these days so that's a risk I'm not willing to take.

iceburn
24th June 2008, 12:23 PM
who said you get 2 tries?

2 tries will be equal the amount that you will pay locally in the state

dirge
24th June 2008, 08:24 PM
I don't want to put a dampener on this discussion, but please keep in mind that discussing clandestine/unauthorised importation of a prohibited item is a grey area.

tron07
25th June 2008, 10:32 AM
Got 2 MP04 from Sydney, one for myself and one for my friend.... both box are in good condition, MISB.

Not sure the condition of the content inside, cause havent open it up yet.

darockk
25th June 2008, 11:30 AM
2 tries will be equal the amount that you will pay locally in the state

yeah but im pretty sure if you try and get caught a 2nd time, you be in some sort of trouble with customs, unless you import under a different name and address.

STL
26th June 2008, 11:28 PM
I was surprised the other day to find MP04's w/ security wire around them. I suspect people must've already been attempting to open them up. Basically there were four wires around the box connected by a central circular unit. Not sure what to call it.

But yea, found a few places w/ 'em now.

Adzma
30th June 2008, 09:35 PM
I saw a Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream at Eaglemont Collectables today for $135. I'll be heading over there on Friday hopefully, their hours are somewhat erratic, to put it lightly. If anyone's interested just let me know.

STL
30th June 2008, 09:38 PM
I saw a Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream at Eaglemont Collectables today for $135. I'll be heading over there on Friday hopefully, their hours are somewhat irratic to put it lightly. If anyone's interested just let me know.

He's lowered the price on those? I remember at one point, he was asking for $250 bucks. I'm there once in a blue moon usually just to look out for something interesting. Only thing I've ever purchased from there is a MegaSCF Hot Rod

Adzma
1st July 2008, 06:59 AM
$250? Wow, talk about wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

Mixmaster
1st July 2008, 12:52 PM
I'm not disagreeing with any of this, but I find this interesting as I thought Customs was federal. Are all goods expected upon their first entry to the country, like airline passengers? Are those customs officials determining what can and can't be in the package based on the packages destination? That would be tough to implement. Is there a secondary state level of inspection? If so, wouldn't this affect domestic interstate shipments as well?

Customs is federal, but it is up to the police forces discretion in that state whether they deem it a problem or not. Customs is obligated by the Federal law to seize them, it's up to the cops to issue a B709a after that.

-------------------------------------------

Although it is legal for me to own an MP-05 and no laws were broken, I edited the post so no repurcussions of any kind can be brought down on anyone: just in case. Sorry for posting names. It would be better for anyone in SA still having MP-05 problems to PM me for advice.

Hereticpoo
1st July 2008, 05:53 PM

Perth is lucky enough to have its own International Mailing Centre. Anything coming to Perth via Overseas touches down here directly, not in the eastern states. Packages are inspected at the entry border. Because WA doesn't recieve its international mail via Sydney, WA customs has different alerts than Sydney customs. Unfortunately, QLD, NSW, ACT, SA, VIC all share the same entry border, therefore MP5=bad in the east. I may be wrong, but thats how I see it. :)

Tober
1st July 2008, 06:23 PM
$250? Wow, talk about wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

Especially when you can grab one from eBay for about $50 + $20 shipping to your door.

hyakushiki0100 (http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/hyakushiki0100)

He also has BT-16 Skids for $40 and Encore 08 Jazz for $16.

Borgeman
1st July 2008, 06:45 PM
who needs security tags on boxes when you do this:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x24/borgeman/01072008420.jpg

George

Golden Phoenix
1st July 2008, 08:24 PM
who needs security tags on boxes when you do this:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x24/borgeman/01072008420.jpg

George
Where was that at?

Borgeman
1st July 2008, 09:42 PM
werribee

George

Demonac
1st July 2008, 09:46 PM
werribee

George

The location says a lot about why its behind glass!

Pulse
1st July 2008, 09:51 PM
Does anyone else remember TF boxes being opened & stolen from in recent times?

I can recall seeing a Classics Soundwave missing both Ravage & Laserbeak from a local TRU... :rolleyes: