PDA

View Full Version : I need 400 MISP Transformers ASAP!

jaydisc
4th August 2009, 12:54 PM
Crazy, I know...

A friend's company will be exhibiting at a trade show which features a Transformer on the flyer/program, so they decided to giveaway Transformers to the 1st 400 people that visit their booth. They want them sealed, and as cheap as possible. I told him worse case scenario, he could buy them at retail for $6 each from Kmart and I also told him to call Hasbro AU directly.

Does anyone else have any other suggestion as to how to acquire such a quantity in a week?

blackie
4th August 2009, 01:38 PM
good luck with that :P

JuzMel
4th August 2009, 01:57 PM
Did they mention they are giving away Transformers Figures in particular? Otherwise if just a Transformers item, they can probably get posters, bookmarks, pens, pencils, stationary sets or the likes too?

griffin
4th August 2009, 02:07 PM
It's best to at least get that company to talk to Hasbro about it, for options and suggestions.

dirge
4th August 2009, 02:08 PM
I think your Legends thought is probably the best bet. Depending on how quickly Hasbro's machinery works, K-Mart (well, likely a few of them!) might be the only real option.

Paulbot
4th August 2009, 02:39 PM
It could be an effort to buy 400 legends from Kmarts though too! The $6 sale price finishes tomorrow doesn't it?

heroic_decepticon
4th August 2009, 05:32 PM
golly, that's going to be costly

Paulbot
4th August 2009, 06:10 PM
The best bet would be a toy wholesaler wouldn't it? (not toy-wholesaler!) Toy Kingdom have those warehouses where they have those annual sales, but they don't tend to sell 'cases'. I think I have a multiple Toy Kingdom store manager's business card at home.

I'm not sure asking Hasbro for help will work if they've advertised with a Transformer but not with Hasbro's permission??

RobotKingdom last time I looked still had some cheap legends but would their express service be quick enough and have enough stock.

Dare I suggest raiding $2 shops for converting robot toys...

Paulbot
5th August 2009, 07:51 PM
I saw the ad in the paper today for that prompted your request.