PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Userguide section 21.

griffin
4th August 2009, 01:53 PM
Had to edit the userguide after having to step in on the TFW2005 opinions topic, and getting another complaint from Banned member Sean-serial pest-Berry (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=4893)(check the link, and his name has been submitted publically by him to this board, so is free to be used openly).

The TFW2005 board have a policy of not talking about any other forum in a negative way, which in principle is a good idea. I'd like to impliment something similar, without ruling out the possibility of alerting members here of a site to avoid if it ended up proving necessary. As such, I've left it open for myself to alert members here of issues that could negatively impact on the members here, but only if it is absolutely necessary (and if you can prove it is inaccurate or untrue, it would be removed). I'd think that those of you who have been around for a long while, would know that I rarely criticise other fan-sites or fans - and if I do, it is only done with proof or justification for it.

I just want to be sure that people don't get the wrong idea, and think that on the odd occasion I have to alert members here of a threat/disruption to our community or members' own interactions with others, that it is okay for others to do it. This is not the case. If you want to raise an issue, or alert others, please contact the board staff or me.

Financial matters (like dogdy online stores or dealers) are still permitted, but you still need to include proof to justify your claims.

21 - Do not start a topic that criticises another person, fansite, community or forum/board (the Admin is exempt if it is deemed necessary to alert the members here of something, in the best interests of this community and its members). On existing topics, there should be no baseless abuse of them, or their members. Objective criticism of the content of a fan forum (eg. vulgar content, promoting KOs, full of spam or advertising, false news topics, etc) may be mentioned, but within reason. Excessive or prolonged criticism is not allowed, and the posting and poster will be dealt with. We are all Transformers fans, so there is no sane reason why one would want to insult another over how they enjoy the same darn hobby. The same goes for stirring up trouble on another forum, to spoil our reputation or to spoil their forum as if they are a rival. There is no such thing as rival forums if they are all Transformers Forums. If you bring our community into disrepute, you may be removed from here.

PM me with any comments or questions.
(I do welcome comments to improve these issues or fix up any of my oversights, but too many times these topics get derailed by people arguing over their own opinions or take it personal when someone decides to comment on what they have posted, instead of focussing on the point of the topic)