PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Showbags

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2008, 05:55 PM
Browsing for Transformer related showbags at the Sydney Royal Easter Show site and found the following:

Action Force Transformers Showbag (http://www.eastershow.com.au/showbags/ACTION%20FORCE%20TRANSFORMERS.aspx) ($18)

Mega Transformers Showbag (http://www.eastershow.com.au/showbags/MEGA%20TRANSFORMERS.aspx) ($12.50)

Even those these showbags appear to be unlicensed IMO they offer better value for money than the official Transformers Energon showbag that they had a couple of years ago - for the simple reason that these showbags actually come with TOYS! I still have my TF Energon showbag w/ original contents and I still can't believe that Hasbro were silly enough to release a Transformers showbag with no toys in it!! Even if it was just a Mini-Con or something... gah!

roller
20th February 2008, 07:45 PM
i still remember the year i got the "Tf' show bag kos of Flywheels a Triggerbot or something that was a spaceshuttle and some plastic drones

kup
20th February 2008, 08:34 PM
I have a very strong feeling that those showbags are just full of cheap KOs. Not really worth buying.

As you said, I am also pretty sure that the official TF showbag (if there is one) will only have official garbage in it.
________
Voyeur office (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/1158/office/videos/1)

autobreadticon
20th February 2008, 09:30 PM
i want stickers for my dairy 1:)

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2008, 10:30 PM
As I kid I got this showbag which had a Microman Perceptor in it... don't know if it was licensed (like Shackwave) or not, but I grew up with that toy instead of the real Perceptor! Hence why Magnificus holds a special place in my heart! (totally sucks how I've lost Gamede - if anyone wants to buy a Magnificus but doesn't want Gamede I will literally go 50:50 in buying it with you!!).

I have a very strong feeling that those showbags are just full of cheap KOs. Not really worth buying.
Not sure if they're really KOs or just really generic made transforming robot toys (like that bus "Transformer" I have ;)). Still better value than the official TF showbag since it actually comes with toys.

As you said, I am also pretty sure that the official TF showbag (if there is one) will only have official garbage in it.
There's no official TF showbag listed on the website. As I said, there was a Transformers Energon showbag which came with a bunch of official crap like some of those Otter Press reprints of the Dreamwave G1 Vol.1 comics, a Transformer Energon torch light, a Transformers Energon Pachinko game, a Transformers Energon view-scope thingy (where you put in those discs that you slot in and click the viewer to look at the various slides). And it was sold at a premium showbag price too!

The unofficial showbags are cheaper and come with toys; IMO better value.

i_amtrunks
21st February 2008, 11:34 AM
Wow, I'm just surprised that there isnt a movie themed showbag.

All it would need to have in it is the Movie Bouncy Ball, some of the Z card things, some stickers and rub on tattoos, and some 50% ride tickets, and voila! Instant $17 Showbag.

Not to mention it would get rid of alot of the crud that Target and Kmart cannot seem to sell.

GoktimusPrime
21st February 2008, 11:42 AM
I would buy a movie TF showbag even if it came with Cyber Slammers.

i_amtrunks
21st February 2008, 11:58 AM
I would buy a movie TF showbag even if it came with Cyber Slammers.

Hey those things are awesome! You give them to the younger cousins to take them away from the proper transformers! :p

dirge
21st February 2008, 09:04 PM
(Cyber Slammers)

You give them to the younger cousins to take them away from the proper transformers! :p

Well, at least they're good for something! :D

I too had the K/O Magnificus - which was a really good quality piece compared to the vast majority of K/Os down the years.

MV75
21st February 2008, 10:22 PM
Not to mention it would get rid of alot of the crud that Target and Kmart cannot seem to sell.

Best idea ever.

But you forgot the T.E.C.H. roleplay stuff. :)

It'll clear the Bigw shelves.
________
Herbal vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/)

bassbot
22nd February 2008, 09:41 AM
man, need some official stuff...

GoktimusPrime
22nd February 2008, 03:41 PM
We need an official showbag with a TOY!!

Imagine how popular a TF showbag would be if it came with an exclusive repaint! Or even a Mini-Con or Legends figure in an exclusive Easter Show package - even if it's just the same package but with a sticker on it that said Sydney Royal Easter Show 2008 -- it'd be an exclusive variant!!

Man... Hasbro just don't care about collectors I'm tellin' ya.

i_amtrunks
22nd February 2008, 04:32 PM
Man... Hasbro just don't care about Australian collectors I'm tellin' ya.

Fixed.

autobreadticon
22nd February 2008, 06:14 PM
Man... Hasbro and its parent corporations just don't care about Australian collectors I'm tellin' ya.

fixed

SofaMan
22nd February 2008, 11:58 PM
I had the KO Magnificus too!