PDA

View Full Version : FanOfTransformers has had his account suspended from Youtube :(

Pulse
20th February 2008, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure where to post this (please move if need be) but it truly is a sad day in international TF world.

Obviously Hasbro/Cartoon Network are using copyright over their product but how else are we Non-Yankees supposed to watch Animated episodes without waiting until June/July.

He did TF Fans the world over a huge favour. & now? :(
I feel doing a BenBen growl - grrrrrrr

roller
20th February 2008, 08:11 PM
this sucks

Robzy
20th February 2008, 08:19 PM
Goddamit! :mad:

kup
20th February 2008, 08:31 PM
Use something highly accessible and widely used method. Have a look at our favorite US site's Animated section to find out how.

It only takes like 40 mins and then you can begin to watch DVD quality episodes.

I am lacking in details on purpose due to legal reasons but there are enough hints in this post for you to go ahead with it.
________
Mflb (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/magic-flight-launch-box)

The_Damned
20th February 2008, 09:49 PM
well im not surprised it was only a matter of time, shame on hasbro it wouldnt need to pu on youtube if the rolled it out to the rest of the world earlier.

Gutsman Heavy
20th February 2008, 10:06 PM
if only there was a solution, is there? a torrent of tears run down my face

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2008, 10:36 PM
That sucks!! I was watching all my TF Animated eps off that guy!!

I second that benben gggrrr and I want to follow up with a benben overseas assassination attempt!! :p :p

P.S.: Does anyone know if it's available on Limewire?

SofaMan
20th February 2008, 11:11 PM
That is a bit unfortunate. I'm sure there will be a torrent of complaints. Someone should give Cartoon Network the works. Ah well.

(Thanks for starting that off Gutsman - I couldn't resist joining in ;) ).

Soundwarp
21st February 2008, 07:23 AM
So we will all have to switch to downloading it instead of just watching it.

kup
21st February 2008, 09:02 AM
watching it on youtube is essentially downloading it only t hat you watch it as it downloads
________
Ferrari tr specifications (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_TR)

Saintly
21st February 2008, 10:58 AM
lol... come on people, catch on! :)

have tried them all.. don't particularly like limewire, too easy to catch virus!

springah
21st February 2008, 11:14 AM
Haha, you can really tell who the computer geeks are :)

PM me, jabs.

i_amtrunks
21st February 2008, 11:28 AM
Personally I am saddened as he always had them up very early Sunday Morning (our time). A good few hours before anyone or thing else.

I feel like I might have a mini breakdown. Hell I might just go blow up super nova style.

Thanks Gutsman, this is fun!

kup
21st February 2008, 11:42 AM
The method at our favorite US Transformers website is normally up much sooner than Youtube. Its not that hard guys and the virus risk is infinitely lower than crummy limewire. Its also much faster as you can start watching the episode half an hour or so after.

I_amtrunks has the right idea but you dont have to go mini to start it.

hmm...I wonder which US website was voted by Ozformers as their favorite? Don't they have an Animated section in the Forum Board with helpful stickies?

lol I am getting flashbacks on how people didn't get my 'Bible Transformers' thread some months back.
________
Extreme q (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/extreme)

Saintly
21st February 2008, 12:28 PM
if you can, get it from the original source, which is "{C_P}", but that site is rarely up.

Tober
21st February 2008, 02:39 PM
Really? It's always been ok for me :S

I only go there once a week tho ;)

Saintly
21st February 2008, 02:41 PM
Really? It's always been ok for me :S

I only go there once a week tho ;)

the tracker is fine... the website rarely is online :P

griffin
21st February 2008, 02:46 PM
I noticed the removal of fanoftransformers last night while going to download ep9, but fortunately there was another person (thotthor) who has the animated episodes as well. But maybe not for long if one person was shut down. Just do a search for Transformers Animated for whoever is the current uploader. Even if youtube keeps shutting the people down, others will probably upload episodes to meet demand.

Pulse
21st February 2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks Griffin for the heads up. I'm like most people who would rather watch Animated episodes on Youtube rather than download directly from the Animated site.

Hopefully ThotThor doesn't get banned in the future, or if he does, someone else will step up to the plate & help us international Fandom out.

If I can recall correctly, This is the first time that Hasbro/Cartoon Network have exercised their copyright over Youtube. Damn you Aaron Archer - I know you're behind this.

1orion2many
21st February 2008, 03:58 PM
:)well I'm not to fussed about it anyway as I'm not that big a fan of TF animated:p:D.

kup
21st February 2008, 04:37 PM
I am not a big fan either but I always try and experience all official TF cartoons/general fiction. It gives you something to talk about during fan meets and the like.

There is also the odd chance that something that starts out crummy may have some worthwhile moments. For example, I hated Armada overall but very much enjoyed the last Unicron battles part.

Animated seems to be the most childish TF cartoon since Japanese Beast Wars but it does have a couple of good things going for it and its not too late for a turn around. All they have to do is keep the stupidity/childishness down and produce more episodes which concetrate on interesting character development (eg Prowl) and less 'gag characters' such as Bulkhead and Bumblebee. Having less of Sari and the TFs in childish circumstances/behaviour would also help.

Some people like to defend these concepts with 'its a kid's show' argument but remember that some Sunbow executives had the same view to G1 Season 3 and the result was Wheelie and Daniel as well as a severely dumbed down Grimlock. I don't recall many kids liking these characters and new changes.

With a bit of Energon and a LOT of luck, Animated may hopefully rise to being worthwhile series in my book.
________
YAMAHA FZX750 HISTORY (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_FZX750)

Saintly
21st February 2008, 05:20 PM
you would think something like transformers:animated is something you would want to keep, not just watch and discard it back to the nether.

youtube is good if you want an instant hit but if you are on the road or have no access to the internet, how would you get a hit of animated? ;)

griffin
22nd February 2008, 02:40 AM
I make a copy from youtube, thanks to the firefox add-on, so I don't have to go back and find it when I want to check something.
I've never taken the time to look into torrents, so youtube is just more convenient for me at the moment.

Soundwarp
22nd February 2008, 07:10 AM
watching it on youtube is essentially downloading it only t hat you watch it as it downloads

Not really, you are watching it and you don't have a copy. :mad:

kup
22nd February 2008, 08:59 AM
Not really, you are watching it and you don't have a copy. :mad:

When I watch something on youtube and like it enough to keep, all that I do is go to my Temporary Internet files folder and copy the movie file to a safe place.

While you watch it, it downloads there. Its not like TV, it needs to download in order for you to watch it only that Youtube stores it in a temporary folder.

When on you tube or similar you see something saying 'buffering' it actually means 'downloading to temporary folder for view' and begins when it has downloaded enough for you to watch without interruptions (at least that's the intention).

You cant view anything on an Internet browser without downloading it first in one form or another.
________
Ferrari 312t (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_312T)

roller
22nd February 2008, 09:21 AM
i heard that President Clinton will be watching with his wife Hilary

Pulse
24th February 2008, 02:21 AM
Until he gets his account suspended/expelled for good, FanofTransformers is back on Youtube under the new name of - wait for it - http://www.youtube.com/user/FanTransformers

He could atleast make an effort to hide his videos underneath new names so that Hasbro/Cartoon Network can't find them again

reillyd
24th February 2008, 03:56 PM
Watching on youtube is VERY poor quality, and IMHO a waste of people's time and spoils the enjoyment of the cartoon. Get yourself a BitTorrent client, or direct connect, and download in higher quality. Ask your friends, one of them has to know something about computing, or do a google search for sites like torrentspy