PDA

View Full Version : LF Cheap AUTOBOT COUNTDOWN ( Ultra Universe )

Zaul
7th August 2009, 03:58 PM
I refuse to pay $80 for one in Toys R us,

Anyone got a loose one in Good Condition ? :)

kup
7th August 2009, 04:20 PM
I refuse to pay $80 for one in Toys R us,

Anyone got a loose one in Good Condition ? :)

The price at TrU is indeed outrageous. None are selling. They are stacking up to the ceiling just like the Turnarounds and other expensive crap from TF1 which is still there!

I am not sure how that business can stay afloat with so many shoddy decisions and their refusal to have anything on sale and keep stock on their shelf for years at higher than normal prices :rolleyes:

Zaul
7th August 2009, 04:54 PM
Here Here Kup, Wisest words I've heard all day.

The other day I went to Toys R Us in Penrith and demanded a Price Match to Myer, who gave me a Jetfire Ultra for $40.

They said no because its a Toys r us figure only.

So I rang head office and spoke to the higher ups. They told me they still wouldn't match it, even though I got a similar figure for half price.

As far as I'm concerned, Toys R Us has lost me as a customer. I've had nothing but trouble trying to get price matching from them.

some days they tell me another store has to have the EXACT figure, sometimes its a catologue, they conveniently never seem to be able to ring them as the other stores dont answer.

Arghh It just makes me want to blow up Cybertron all over again.

Paulbot
7th August 2009, 05:18 PM
An exclusive does give them some right I think to not price match even though its annoying. A lot of people do post success at their stores though.

They did have these two at a reasonable sale price a few weeks ago. If you missed out on that it probably wasn't due to them being out of stock, just bad timing or luck.

TheDirtyDigger
7th August 2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah lowest they hit was $47.99.

Zaul
7th August 2009, 09:06 PM
Damn I'd Pay $47 for one. I just didn't see any as they were conveniently out of stock every time I went there for the sale. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:

grimlock531
7th August 2009, 09:21 PM
they were 30 odd dollars during the grand opening of TRU in melb doncaster..think there was a post on here a while ago about it? that was about a month ago. too late...but goes to show..it can be reasonably priced..

Lint
7th August 2009, 09:52 PM
they were 30 odd dollars during the grand opening of TRU in melb doncaster..think there was a post on here a while ago about it? that was about a month ago. too late...but goes to show..it can be reasonably priced..

Grand openings don't count :p
They were giving away toys at my local TRU grand opening well over a decade ago. :(

Zaul
7th August 2009, 10:22 PM
So I take it nobody has one for sale for $30? :o

kup
10th August 2009, 02:02 PM
When I go to South America in a couple of months I will have a search for them but I doubt that I will find any. South America gets all of the US stock but not store exclusives as far as I know.

blackie
10th August 2009, 02:34 PM
i have one you can have for $50 plus shipping to you

Zaul
12th August 2009, 02:50 PM
Bit too expensive sorry Mate, Not looking to pay more than maybe $20 + Shipping.

Dont need him that bad, just need him to finish my collection. :D

kup
12th August 2009, 03:32 PM
$50 is also a bit much for me but I would go for it for around $40. I may go a bit higher for a Darkwind.