PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dealt with Alternate Worlds (based in VIC)?

i_amtrunks
7th August 2009, 10:11 PM
For some reason I was unaware of these guys existence when I was last down in the dirty city (but it sounds familiar, so apologies to anyone who told me about it, and I forgot).

Just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with them before either face to face or online, as they seem to stock a whole heap of the loose DBZ cards I require (only need a few cards from some sets to complete them), but I am not sure how often they update the DBZ cards section, as it looks quite plain.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Trunks

Tabias Prime
7th August 2009, 10:31 PM
dos this help..http://www.alternateworlds.com.au/ it might be worth giving them a call and asking if they have what your looking for

TheDirtyDigger
7th August 2009, 10:34 PM
I go there often. Best comic shop in Melbourne.

snaketales
7th August 2009, 11:06 PM
I have ordered comics from them (I am in WA). They were always helpful and business-like. Wasn't a big fan of their postal charges, but if you're in Victoria that shouldn't be a problem.

TF76
7th August 2009, 11:33 PM
I worked there about 15+? (I have no idea)... years ago for about 6-12 months.

I dont really like them but I have no idea what they are like to deal with, I dont buy comics anyway.

STL
8th August 2009, 04:28 PM
Can;t say I like them much. I have issues with their service as well as their dealings with people they wholesale with.

But they do stock one of the best ranges of onshelf comic books in Melbourne.

i_amtrunks
9th August 2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the info, I think Ill give them a call and email tomorrow and see what DBZ cards stock they have. Going to have to a better shot of getting stuff from there than ebay and overseas stores.