PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a junky!

Vector Prime
8th August 2009, 11:33 PM
Hi, my name is Paul and I have a Transformers addiction. It's been 2hrs and 22 mins since my last toy purchase fix.... lol

Just discovered this forum and thought I would register and say hello to everyone.

I used to collect Transformers as a kid and was recently inspired to get back into them after I watched ROTF and decided to have a look at the toy range.

I was shocked to find the degree of articulation in the new crop of TF toys... man they've come a long way since the 80's, early 90's!

Despite being inspired into looking into the toys again by the movie, I have not purchased any of the ROTF toys, instead preferring to collect the older classic characters in their new molds.

I've been on a quite a rampage since early July and have spent up pretty big on them since then... much to the detriment of the missus... lol

I've mainly been purchasing deluxe and some voyager size characters, but have added some legends class and a couple of G1 Minibots for nostalgia sake as well.

I've added the following since July:

G1 Minibots
1.Seaspray
2.Beachcomber
3.Cosmos
4.Windcharger

Legends
1.Megatron
2.Starscream
3.Hound
4.Jazz
5.Red Alert
6.Beachcomber
7.Brawn

Deluxe
1.Henkei Sideswipe
2.Henkei Astrotrain
3.Henkei Streak
4.Henkei Octane
5.Classic Skywarp
6.Classic Ramjet
7.Universe Galvatron
8.Universe Cyclonus
9.Universe Megatron
10.Universe Ratbat
11.Universe Iron Hide
12.Classic Bumblebee
13.Classic Grimlock

Voyager
1.Henkei Jetfire
2.Universe Springer

So there you go, 24 TF toys in the space of a month and a bit... hmm... seems like I've developed a substance habit... lol

That's also not to mention the other stuff I've got on order at the moment!

Anyways, it's nice to be here and thought I would just share my little story with everyone.

loophole
8th August 2009, 11:44 PM
Welcome aboard dude!!

iceburn
9th August 2009, 12:04 AM
well -come

jaydisc
9th August 2009, 12:05 AM
Welcome! That's a great start! Great choices too ;)

Vector Prime
9th August 2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks guys!

Robzy
9th August 2009, 01:29 AM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

9th August 2009, 03:38 AM
its good to hear ur scoring the good stuff

liegeprime
9th August 2009, 07:21 AM
Mabuhay and welcome to the forum... hmmm so if you spread it out, you have 7 days in the month that wherein you were "clean and sober":p otherwise you get a hit everyday of the month. There's an Ozformer Stall at SMASH today drop by if you get the chance - there's TFs for sale and prize. Also theres an upcoming Parramatta Fair (August 23)- which OZformer NSW based members attend quarterly for a post fair meet-up. Drop by and say hello if youre free that day :). You can view it from these threads

OTCA convention stall
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=121961#post121961

Parramatta fair
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=5099

SentinelPrime
9th August 2009, 08:58 AM
Welcome aboard champ

orionpax1
9th August 2009, 09:02 AM
another one joins the fray, welcome

The_Damned
9th August 2009, 09:54 AM
welcome

Deceptic_Optic
9th August 2009, 12:04 PM
mabuhay and welcome fellow ozformer your are one of us now! nice collection. you should post your collection photos here. as for everyones photos you can view them here:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=638

Jetfire
9th August 2009, 01:58 PM
Hi and welcome! You've come to the right place to discuss/fuel your obsession.

Vector Prime
9th August 2009, 05:20 PM
nice collection. you should post your collection photos here. as for everyones photos you can view them here:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=638

Will do as soon as I get my digital camera fixed :)

GoktimusPrime
9th August 2009, 08:20 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb1.jpg

1orion2many
11th August 2009, 11:46 PM
:)Welcome to the board, you might as well get used of being poor if you keep this habit up:D

Vector Prime
11th August 2009, 11:58 PM
Nice to be on board guys.... can't figure out why I can't send PM's or view member details or click on pics that have been attached to posts?

Anyways, have added the following to my collection since I joined 3 days ago:

Classic 2.0 Deluxe:
1.Starscream
2.Acid Storm
3.Hound w/Ravage

Cybertron Voyager:
1.Vector Prime

So now I'm up to 28 with about another 7 on order....

you might as well get used of being poor if you keep this habit up:D

Very true.... :D

shokwave2
12th August 2009, 06:56 PM
Welcome Paul.

GoktimusPrime
13th August 2009, 03:10 PM
Seeing you acquire so many toys so quickly, I hope you're taking the time to individually appreciate, enjoy and savour each toy you're getting! For me the main joy of collecting Transformers isn't so much just amassing a whole heap of them, but playing with them. I love letting myself become a child again and get myself lost in the adventures and fantasies in playing with these toys. It requires more effort to find such free time as an adult (even more so when you're a parent!) but it's totally worth it IMO. :)

It's up to you really, but for me I prefer quality over quantity and the 'journey' is more important than the 'destination' (i.e.: how much fun you get from your toys matters more than just how many toys you have) - of course this is just my opinion; we all have different ways of enjoying our toys/hobby. :D

Vector Prime
13th August 2009, 03:28 PM
Seeing you acquire so many toys so quickly, I hope you're taking the time to individually appreciate, enjoy and savour each toy you're getting! For me the main joy of collecting Transformers isn't so much just amassing a whole heap of them, but playing with them. I love letting myself become a child again and get myself lost in the adventures and fantasies in playing with these toys. It requires more effort to find such free time as an adult (even more so when you're a parent!) but it's totally worth it IMO. :)

It's up to you really, but for me I prefer quality over quantity and the 'journey' is more important than the 'destination' (i.e.: how much fun you get from your toys matters more than just how many toys you have) - of course this is just my opinion; we all have different ways of enjoying our toys/hobby. :D

Wise words Goktimus!

I love transforming them and playing around with various poses which is great seeing as all the new stuff has excellent articulation.

I think the reason why I've been so quick to accumulate them all is that I'm trying to make up for lost time.

I had heaps of G1 when I was a kid but stopped playing and collecting them by the time I got into high school. which is roughly when G2 came out.

I totally agree with quality over quantity as I don't ever plan on being a big collector, I mainly get characters which are visually appealing to me or hold a special place in my heart.

Sounds funny, but my favorite is my latest acquisition, Universe Deluxe Hound.

Hound is special since he was originally my first TF back in the mid 80's and whilst there are certain aspects of the original which I would have loved to have seen in the current one, the new version is still better than the old one IMHO :D

bruticus
13th August 2009, 09:31 PM
quick dude quick, you are over 20 years behind!!!.... buy, buy, buy!!!

hit ebay, hobbylinkjapan, Bigbadtoystore, robotkingdom, TFsource, Toyarena, Transformerland, toy-wholesaler.jp and dare i say it...wheeljackslab....:eek:

Just kidding mate. Take your time, otherwise you will lose interest in them real quick and end up buying just for the sake of buying or to fill a void that is never going to be filled up properly.

There will still be plenty of TF's to buy in the foreseeable future. they aren't going anywhere soon. Plus you are going to run into a lot of problems like where to keep them all or store them all and do you need a bigger room or bigger house etc....lol

Unless you have oodles of spare cash, in which case, carry on mate.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your plastic crack addiction...

Rodimus
17th August 2009, 08:22 PM
welcome aboard:)

Trailer Park Ninja
19th August 2009, 07:58 PM
Welcome, thanks for posting your finds on your TF run today :)

Wheel-J
19th August 2009, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the forum! :D