PDA

View Full Version : Rare Seekers - Thundercracker, Dirge & Thrust

Vector Prime
9th August 2009, 05:29 PM
Hey guys,

Trying my luck here to try and complete my collection of Seekers.

After Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust.

Either in Henkei or Universe Classics ones will do.

I know they're rare and expensive since from research, the Henkei one's were Ganbo exclusives and the Universe ones were Botcon exclusives?

I know they're listed for sale on eBay but most of them are going for drug money! :D

So if you want to offload any of them, PM me and let me know how much you want for them... non-eBay inflated prices only please! :)

Thanks in advance

Vector Prime
9th August 2009, 05:31 PM
I forgot to mention that they don't have to be MISB or MIB... loose is fine, as long as they're complete with accessories (instructions not necessary)

I pose and display all mine, so being boxed and/or sealed is not important to me.

Thanks again!

Deceptic_Optic
9th August 2009, 05:54 PM
had the same wants until now how bout trying bbts.com for it

SentinelPrime
9th August 2009, 06:41 PM
BBTS shipping is very expensive. Try HobbyLink Japan, http://www.hlj.com/.

This BotCon Thundercracker is mine...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230364813783&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&salenotsupported

lcz128
9th August 2009, 07:01 PM
Exactly how much were you thinking of spending anyway? Cause when we did a group order months back - it's not like they were cheap to start with! :) Keep that in mind ;)

Sky Shadow
9th August 2009, 07:38 PM
BBTS shipping is very expensive. Try HobbyLink Japan, http://www.hlj.com/.

HobbyLink Japan isn't going to be much good for those particular Seeker toys though, since they don't - and never ever will - stock any of them.

Vector Prime
9th August 2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks for all your replies guys... I checked out BBTS and they have them in the Henkei range but damn are they expensive!

Once you factor in shipping and everything, I don't think I can justify spending their asking price... probably cheaper to get it on eBay instead of from them.

As for Hobbylink, they don't stock them.

Exactly how much were you thinking of spending anyway? Cause when we did a group order months back - it's not like they were cheap to start with! :) Keep that in mind ;)

Just out of interest, how much were they all when you guys did a group order?

From the looks of things, it's cheaper to get the Henkei ones as opposed to the Botcon versions.

What is a fair price to pay for the three of them? I've got no idea besides what they're asking for on eBay?

Deceptic_Optic
9th August 2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks for all your replies guys... I checked out BBTS and they have them in the Henkei range but damn are they expensive!

Once you factor in shipping and everything, I don't think I can justify spending their asking price... probably cheaper to get it on eBay instead of from them.

As for Hobbylink, they don't stock them.

Just out of interest, how much were they all when you guys did a group order?

From the looks of things, it's cheaper to get the Henkei ones as opposed to the Botcon versions.

What is a fair price to pay for the three of them? I've got no idea besides what they're asking for on eBay?

you up for a group order? since we're on sydney we can make shipping cost cheaper. cos im still after dirge and thrust what do you think?

Vector Prime
9th August 2009, 08:14 PM
you up for a group order? since we're on sydney we can make shipping cost cheaper. cos im still after dirge and thrust what do you think?

Of course... depends on how much for them both?

jaydisc
9th August 2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks for all your replies guys... I checked out BBTS and they have them in Just out of interest, how much were they all when you guys did a group order?

Both times, we used a company in Japan named Overdrive who purchased them for us, received them via post, and repackaged and posted them to us, for a fee of US$15 per figure.

For TC and SW, the figures came to about US$58 each. The AUD was nearly on parity back then, and it worked out to AU$61 each.

For Dirge and Thrust, the US price went up to US$61 each, but the AUD was at its lowest, working out to A$95 each. :eek:

Vector Prime
9th August 2009, 08:25 PM
For TC and SW, the figures came to about US$58 each. The AUD was nearly on parity back then, and it worked out to AU$61 each.

For Dirge and Thrust, the US price went up to US$61 each, but the AUD was at its lowest, working out to A$95 each. :eek:

They're pretty reasonable prices (if they including shipping and all) compared to what some of the sellers on eBay are hocking them for.

AUD's not too bad at the moment...$1AUD = approx $0.83 USD... now if only to find enough people to join in and see if we can get a similar deal?

Linthart
9th August 2009, 08:49 PM
They're pretty reasonable prices (if they including shipping and all) compared to what some of the sellers on eBay are hocking them for.

AUD's not too bad at the moment...$1AUD = approx $0.83 USD... now if only to find enough people to join in and see if we can get a similar deal?

I'd be a contender :D

Vector Prime
9th August 2009, 08:58 PM
I'd be a contender :D

So who wants to organise a group buy?
I'm a newbie so I've got no idea where to start?

Deceptic_Optic
9th August 2009, 10:22 PM
im up for dirge and thrust but i dont have paypal nor a credit card, but who ever is organising it count me in

Linthart
9th August 2009, 10:41 PM
im up for dirge and thrust but i dont have paypal nor a credit card, but who ever is organising it count me in

I can handle the payment and delivery address if we can be pointed in the right direction. Isn't tober part of overdrive?

Recently i've had some a horror of a time with a group order so I'd need payment asap rather than cod

liegeprime
9th August 2009, 10:58 PM

+1. These guys set me back $100 each and that was pre-order stuff ( took 4 months waiting too) I think they go a bit more now even coz these were limited releases. Anyways goodluck guys in finding all three, theyre worth it though.:)

jaydisc
9th August 2009, 10:58 PM
Overdrive cannot help you now. Overdrive doesn't really sell TFs. They just acted as an agent for us for the preorder.

For you Linthart, Gardenvale Collectibles has TC and SW for A$200 pickup in Melbourne. More to ship. He'd probably do you a discount if you paid him cash in person.

liegeprime
9th August 2009, 11:02 PM
Overdrive cannot help you now. Overdrive doesn't really sell TFs. They just acted as an agent for us for the preorder.

For you Linthart, Gardenvale Collectibles has TC and SW for A$200 pickup in Melbourne. More to ship. He'd probably do you a discount if you paid him cash in person.

Is that $200 for the 2? If so, go ahead with that one Linthart... as Ive said mine cost $100 each and that was months ago ( when they first came out) so for that price after months of its release, its still a good deal.

Linthart
9th August 2009, 11:08 PM

Yeah chapel St bizzare has 2 sw for $180 (they don't realise it's supposed to be tc and sw) but bbts has them for much cheaper

jaydisc
9th August 2009, 11:22 PM
Cool! They got 52 pairs as well.

Linthart
10th August 2009, 12:23 PM

Outstanding no need to rush. Wallets copped a beating lately.

Vector Prime
10th August 2009, 12:28 PM

52 pairs of just Skywarp and Thundercracker?
What about Thrust and Dirge?

Deceptic_Optic
10th August 2009, 12:38 PM
52 pairs of just Skywarp and Thundercracker?
What about Thrust and Dirge?

well im thinking ordering them at bbts they still have thrust and dirge available at $174.99 we just need somebody who got paypal or credit card who can handle the orders then we are ready to go so far its only me and The Last Second Sniper. preferrable sydney so anyone else in sydney interested?

1AZRAEL1
10th August 2009, 12:46 PM
I would be, but not for that much.
Unless my tax comes back very soon.

bruticus
10th August 2009, 01:20 PM
This BotCon Thundercracker is mine...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230364813783&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&salenotsupported

26.24USD just for first class post to Australia without even tracking??
thats daylight robbery mate...

Deceptic_Optic
10th August 2009, 02:10 PM

if we order heaps we can slip the postage cost cant we?

Vector Prime
10th August 2009, 02:35 PM
if we order heaps we can slip the postage cost cant we?

That listing's for one Thundercracker... so no splitting of postage possible.. and yes, the quoted postage is too high :eek:

Deceptic_Optic
10th August 2009, 02:54 PM
no i was wondering if we buy it as bulk you know, wouldnt that be cheaper? wouldnt we get discount and how much the postage is we just split? i dunno atm i dont cae how much they are i just want to complete my coneheads, they always keep on hunting me back and i cannot afford not to get it and regret it later on missing out cos there are none left. but then its your choice :)

Dkaris
10th August 2009, 04:51 PM
i wouldnt mind thunder cracker and skywarp, however right now isnt a great time for me, financially. I'll watch this thread though, see what happens

edit: Toy arena have dirge and thrust for 160 USD. not much less then bbts but hey, better then nothing. http://toyarena.com/transformers-henkei-classic-exclusive-dirge-thrust-p-2795.html?cPath=5&osCsid=4a9e3c50e2f91efac0e6e1f09b33c49b

bruticus
10th August 2009, 05:01 PM
i was wondering if we buy it as bulk you know, wouldnt that be cheaper? wouldnt we get discount and how much the postage is we just split?

of course you save on combined shipping on group orders...

i dunno atm i dont cae how much they are i just want to complete my coneheads, they always keep on hunting me back and i cannot afford not to get it and regret it later on missing out cos there are none left. but then its your choice :)
Whoah whoah dude... you better be careful with those words as you will get a bunch of scalpers on your back now...

Deceptic_Optic
10th August 2009, 05:39 PM
of course you save on combined shipping on group orders...

Whoah whoah dude... you better be careful with those words as you will get a bunch of scalpers on your back now...

lol... i only meant that for dirge and thrust only. its just everytime i got money i always seem to forget that they exist then later when its in front of me i dont have money. so0o0 i just thought i just say that to release some stress hunting for these two figures hehehe. but if i could get it cheaper it would really be a bonus but i doubt it. so dkaris a potential buyer? hmm anyone else cos if no is interested il be ordering some joes on bbts and il be including dirge and thrust with it.

SentinelPrime
10th August 2009, 06:28 PM

like I always say, if you want something... you will pay the price.

if the postage is expensive when it gets to you, and you feel like you got shafted, use the ebay feedback system to counter attack.

Sorry guys, I never knew HLJ didnt sell henkei, I was just throwing that out there.

Sky Shadow
10th August 2009, 06:33 PM
Sorry guys, I never knew HLJ didnt sell henkei, I was just throwing that out there.

HLJ do sell Henkei, they just don't sell Ganbo or Botcon exclusives.

bruticus
10th August 2009, 06:39 PM
il be ordering some joes on bbts and il be including dirge and thrust with it.

If you are going to buy from BBTS, just be careful if you are a minty mint collector.
They pack toys like sh*t and the item are not always in best condition even before they were packed.

Aint that right sentinelprime? da b*stards...

Dkaris
10th August 2009, 06:51 PM
ill see deceptic. I've just paid for the classics convoy and O prime gift set, the complete G1 dvd series, some graphic novels and pre ordered the wave of city commanders trailer. so my funds are kinda depltz0r3d. ill see wut happens tomorrow night when the target fairy puts money in my account.

SentinelPrime
10th August 2009, 07:03 PM
If you are going to buy from BBTS, just be careful if you are a minty mint collector.
They pack toys like sh*t and the item are not always in best condition even before they were packed.

Aint that right sentinelprime? da b*stards...

Hell yes!

I will never use BBTS again.

Ive got nothing good to say about them.

SentinelPrime
10th August 2009, 07:05 PM
HLJ do sell Henkei, they just don't sell Ganbo or Botcon exclusives.

well i never said they did sell ganbo or botcon exclusives, so thats fine.

no real need to correct me then is there?....

Sky Shadow
10th August 2009, 07:24 PM
well i never said they did sell ganbo or botcon exclusives, so thats fine.

no real need to correct me then is there?....

:confused:

You said "I never knew HLJ didnt sell henkei". The problem isn't that they don't sell Henkei, they do - if you want Henkei Sunstreaker or Prowl or Galvatron you can get them from HobbyLink Japan. The problem is that they don't sell Ganbo or Botcon exclusives - the very toys that this thread is about - so they don't sell any form of Classics/Henkei Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust or even Skywarp.

Deceptic_Optic
10th August 2009, 07:58 PM
dont worry guys its fine take your time with it no rush just let me know guys who is interested and i do understand its been hectic these couple of weeks with rotf toys and all.

heroic_decepticon
10th August 2009, 09:22 PM

Agreed. I got mine from Singapore and they were not cheap to begin with.
Thundercracker + Skywarp = AU$90 (for both)
Thrust + Dirge = AU$125 (for both)

Pretty expensive considering that Henkeis go for around AU$18 per pop in Singapore.

PS: Welcome to the Boards 'last second sniper!

Vector Prime
10th August 2009, 09:55 PM
Agreed. I got mine from Singapore and they were not cheap to begin with.
Thundercracker + Skywarp = AU$90 (for both)
Thrust + Dirge = AU$125 (for both)

Pretty expensive considering that Henkeis go for around AU$18 per pop in Singapore.

PS: Welcome to the Boards 'last second sniper!

Hey mate!
Thought I would join in the fun!
Do you know anyone who can get me them at those prices you listed?
They're still relatively cheap. :D

heroic_decepticon
11th August 2009, 10:31 PM
hey mate! unfortunately, I don't know of how to get them for you at this point. I got these when they were released and I just ordered them through a toy shop that is run by my buddy and actually has someone on the ground in Japan to get all Jap released goodies.

The catch is that someone has to be physically in Singapore to collect them when they arrive if not he rarely holds them for more than 2 weeks before releasing them on retail again in his shop. I usually have my mum or brother collect these stuff for me but the thing is that whilst I know they are there and I have them, I don't see them at all till I go back to Singapore for a visit. :(