PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 2

gantz
19th August 2009, 11:41 AM
have just seen the Comic-Con footage and wow! seems this movie is gonna be everything you could hope for, plus more insight as to how The Avengers movie will work!

also there is the design comcept floating around for the Mark II of Whiplash

http://www.marvelousnews.com/

Dkaris
20th August 2009, 01:19 AM
link to footage plz?

gantz
20th August 2009, 09:22 AM
apologies!

http://gizmodo.com/5333347/iron-man-2-leaked-footage-sets-my-pants-on-fire

Kyle
20th August 2009, 10:39 AM
Can't wait!

1AZRAEL1
20th August 2009, 10:47 AM
The first one was much better than I expected.
I never really read the comics or watched the cartoons, but was always fascinated by Iron Man.

I also look forward to Iron Man 2, maybe this time I will actually go see it at the movies :p

gantz
20th August 2009, 11:31 AM
and the last 10 secs with War Machine, WOW! :D

Borgeman
20th August 2009, 12:23 PM
zomg war machine...

gantz
2nd December 2009, 04:38 PM
http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/ironmannew00001small.jpg

Maxiewolf
3rd December 2009, 11:06 AM
Woot! War Machine! Oh yep.. this is looking like maintaining the quality of the first movie. Definatly want to see this. :D

gantz
3rd December 2009, 01:12 PM
its gonna be Amazing! looking more forward to seeing the cameos and what other heroes may be mentioned.

1AZRAEL1
3rd December 2009, 02:16 PM
Only 6 months away now, and it does look good.

Also, Spoiler ahead of the plot

In the sequel, Mickey Rourke will play Whiplash, a character that includes elements from that comic book villain and Crimson Dynamo, another Russian baddie. Sam Rockwell will play Justin Hammer, a multibillionaire businessman and a rival of industrialist Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, being played by a returning Robert Downey Jr.

I do look forward to this.

Towers_Spy
3rd December 2009, 09:31 PM
"F*** you Tony Stark"

hahaha! :D Wow it looks awesome! Excitement +

Autocon
4th December 2009, 02:23 AM
who thinks don cheadle(sp)? is better to play war machine than the guy from movie one?

i cant wait but i wonder how they will tie in hulk movie at the end

gantz
4th December 2009, 09:47 AM
ooo tough question, I think Don will better only because Terrence Howard has the softest voice which really bugs me!

The Hulk tie in will most probably be with Thundebolt Ross, and related to The Avengers.

gantz
4th December 2009, 10:10 AM
and now another new psoter.

http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/ironman2uk.jpg

1AZRAEL1
9th March 2010, 09:52 AM
Can be viewed here (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64001)

All I can say is, holy crap. I been saying it before, but this trailer tells me this one will be way better than the first. It looks amazing. Can't wait until it is released.

Sky Shadow
9th March 2010, 10:00 AM
Can be viewed here (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64001)

Wow.

5FDP
9th March 2010, 10:05 AM
I'll be seeing this for sure. The first movie wasn't that great, and the main reason I enjoyed it was seeing Robert Downey Jr. on screen. He owned that character. Glad to see he's in the sequel.

Deceptic_Optic
9th March 2010, 11:28 AM
o0o0o0 yeah pure awesome sauce with this one for sure! i love it when he jump of the plane while gweneth paltrow chuck his helmet off the plane and then robert downey said "you complete me!" that is just pure awesome sauce :D

Omega Supreme
9th March 2010, 12:11 PM
Seems like a movie actually worth getting excited about. Cheers for posting the link.

optimus1
9th March 2010, 01:01 PM
I really can't wait for this! Hopefully it goes on Imax

Towers_Spy
9th March 2010, 02:35 PM
@_@

Holy shhhh

Its like, eveything I love rolled into one movie! The transformers-esque end part - my keyboard has drool on it

Kyle
9th March 2010, 04:44 PM
Love the last bit with the armour in a brief case! Excellent homage to the comic!

1AZRAEL1
15th April 2010, 12:23 PM
Well, as if we didn't see this coming, but there will be an extra scene at the end of the credits, just like the first movie and Hulk. This one will apparently contain footage of Captain America and Thor and I for one cannot wait to see that.

Deceptic_Optic
15th April 2010, 12:40 PM
another meet ?...lol

1AZRAEL1
15th April 2010, 12:45 PM
Sounds like a good idea ay? We can discuss it on Saturday more. Only 2 weeks away until it comes out.

Towers_Spy
18th April 2010, 09:22 PM
Argh I'm so annoyed!! I've been counting down the days till this comes out for like, months, and I've just realised my sister's debutante ball is the same night as the premiere!!! :mad: I'll be watching girls in cream-puff dresses dance badly instead of awesome Iron Man action :(

I've a feeling I'm going to have to avoid this thread until I've seen it..
Enjoy it for me guys!

Doubledealer
18th April 2010, 10:38 PM
Times are tough so I bought my tix for May 4 (tightarse Tuesday :p). This movie is going to be off the hook!

"Here's my Sunday best! PROTON CANNON!"
http://xboxlivemedia.ign.com/xboxlive/image/article/100/1004322/marvel-vs-capcom-2-20090716103637888.jpg

MV75
18th April 2010, 10:42 PM
What game?

Doubledealer
18th April 2010, 11:29 PM
Marvel VS. Capcom 2 :cool:

gantz
28th April 2010, 07:40 PM
So it has arrived (almost) Iron Man 2 opens tomorrow :D there are reviews online already

*SPOILERS:*

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=9331

I havent read 'em yet obviously, dont want this to be ruined at all!

5FDP
28th April 2010, 10:30 PM
I'm probably going Friday or Saturday night to see this. It is perhaps the only movie this year that I am genuinely excited about.

Lordy
29th April 2010, 10:31 PM
Saw it tonight, was pretty good.

If there is a largish size War Machine figure made, I would buy one.

Oh, and stick around after the end credits.

5FDP
29th April 2010, 10:45 PM
Saw it tonight, was pretty good.

Huh... pretty good you say. I'm not feeling the love here.

Towers_Spy
30th April 2010, 09:40 AM
Huh... pretty good you say. I'm not feeling the love here.

See, I feel the same way.. I saw it last night, and dont get me wrong it was pretty good, but for some reason I didnt react to it as much as I did to the first film. I know sequels are usually not as mindblowing as their predecessors, but still. I have decided I need to see it again before I can make a decision :p

gantz
1st May 2010, 06:21 PM
saw it today, and I must say: AWESOME!

It was everything I was expecting, and so much more! Loved the amount of screen time Fury had, and the dialogue between all the characters. And gotta say Happy really surprised me :) and the after credits scene, friggin' WOW :D

The_Damned
1st May 2010, 07:20 PM
so is it worth watchin?

optimus1
1st May 2010, 08:57 PM
:eek::D:cool:

That's what I thought after I saw it today at the Imax (my first movie at the Imax - not a bad way to see my first movie there)

Good references to Iron Man/Tony Stark in the comics, as well as some tweaking of characters.

Good cameo references as well :p

Hope Marvel fans can spot them all!

5FDP
1st May 2010, 10:25 PM
Saw it today as well. Might have to see it again because for some reason I can't decide if it was as good as the first movie or better.

Easily the best movie I have seen so far this year.

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd May 2010, 12:10 AM
Where was the Stan Lee cameo? Normally I am pretty good at Picking him out, but this time I completely missed it, until I saw his name in the credits.

Nice bit with Capt America's shiled mid movie and the bit at the end of the credits. Very impressed overall.

optimus1
2nd May 2010, 12:13 AM
Where was the Stan Lee cameo? Normally I am pretty good at Picking him out, but this time I completely missed it, until I saw his name in the credits.

I think he was the one called 'Howard Stern' at Stark's show at the start of the movie at the red carpet arrivals:confused:

5FDP
2nd May 2010, 12:22 AM
**SPOILER**

Stan Lee played talk show host Larry King.

Deceptic_Optic
2nd May 2010, 10:40 AM
watch this in gold class yesterday and i am just speechless...:D its worth it since ironman is the only movies ive seen in there! very AWESOME!!!...:) and it definitely has its wow factor

Bartrim
2nd May 2010, 10:49 AM
Oh, and stick around after the end credits.

Yeah my wife and I were the only ones who stuck around and because it was the last screening the cinema workers were trying to kick us out. I refused saying I paid for the ticket Iwant to see the whole movie.

I enjoyed it... worth seeing but don't know if it was as good as the first. Oh who else here wanted to slap Sam Rockwell?:D

Vector Prime
2nd May 2010, 10:55 AM
Was I watching the same movie as everyone else that's posted on this thread? :confused:

I watched it last night and thought that it was just 'okay' - some parts of it were an absolute snore-fest while other parts were fantastic.

IMHO, it didn't manage to pull off a Godfather... i.e. where the sequel was better than the original movie.

Was it worth the price of admission? Barely.

Would I watch it again in the cinemas? No.

Would I buy it when it comes out on Blu-Ray? Yes.

Burn
2nd May 2010, 12:27 PM
I enjoyed it.

Robert Downey Jr was still awesome as Stark.

Don Cheadle just didn't work for me as Rhodey. Bring back Terrence Howard!

Gwyneth Paltrow seemed a bit off this time as Pepper, first movie she nailed it, this time, something just didn't feel right.

Scarlett Johansen, once she put the Black Widow outfit on, was spot on.

Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury also seemed off. He was too light hearted, Fury to me always should have been harder.

Justin Hammer ... ugh, this character I just didn't get. I know he's been a business rival of Stark's, but the rivallry in the movie just seemed forced.

But Mickey Rourke, he worked good. The Whiplash/Titanium Man armour didn't however. That seemed pointless and too short. Thankfully it can be overlooked with Iron Man/War Machine cutting loose on the drones.

k.wong23
2nd May 2010, 01:11 PM
Fabulous! loved it except for the 20 odd kids in the row in front needing to take a slash half the time...

Towers_Spy
2nd May 2010, 04:16 PM
Was I watching the same movie as everyone else that's posted on this thread? :confused:.

Agreed. I did see it again last night, just to satisfy my curiosity, and I realised what was missing - actual proper Iron man action. I felt it was lacking. Like, there were bits in the suit and of course the end fight section, but it was so unlike the first movie where it was all about the suit and bascially what makes up iron man. I found myself losing interest and waiting for the end to hurry up and get here *shrugs* However there were more comedic parts, I loved the dialogue between all the characters; gotta love a snark-fest, and the little one liners that you almost miss.

Dont think it was worth seeing it again in the cinema but hey I did it anyway :p I'll get it in DVD eventually

Burn
2nd May 2010, 05:38 PM
I found myself losing interest and waiting for the end to hurry up and get here

I couldn't wait for it to end, not due to lack of interest, but due to the fact that five mins into the movie I needed to pee and was too stubborn to run out in case I missed something. :p

5FDP
3rd May 2010, 08:32 AM
Yeah my wife and I were the only ones who stuck around and because it was the last screening the cinema workers were trying to kick us out. I refused saying I paid for the ticket Iwant to see the whole movie.

Same. Actually, I think that there were about 5 other people who stayed until after the end credits.

Decepticon
3rd May 2010, 01:46 PM
Very ho hum in my opinion. Ending seemed dissapointing (kinda was expecting more).

jaydisc
3rd May 2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah, it was just OK IMO... pretty typical Hollywood formulaic sequel.

I loved Sam Rockwell though. He was hysterical.

5FDP
3rd May 2010, 09:49 PM
I loved Sam Rockwell though. He was hysterical.

Not as good as his role in Charlies Angels though. He was soooo cool :cool:

Lord_Zed
4th May 2010, 09:21 PM
I just saw it, It was decent I rate it slightly above average, but only due to the dialogue and Downey JR carrying the whole movie.

Could have used more action interspersed in between too.

Also aside from Downey the talented cast didn't add all that much, Sam Rockwell fulfilled his role as the annoying fop character, but I thought they left Mickey Rourke's character underdeveloped, he started strong, but then he just became second fiddle to Rockwell for a while before showing up briefly for an obvious ending.

My favourite action scene was actually the Ironman throw-down at the party, throwing dumbbells to the music of the DJ that was cool.

Also what happened to the part where Gweneth Paltrow kissed the Iron Man helmet and threw it out of the plane in the trailer? Did I miss that, cause I don't recall seeing it.

Did everyone stay for the after credits easter egg? Hammertime!

mightyant
4th May 2010, 10:25 PM
No you didn't miss the helmet thing... it wasn't there :( Damn trailers... The easter egg wasn't worth the 10 minute wait through the looooooooong end creds though. At least they had cap's shield hahaha

MV75
4th May 2010, 10:37 PM
No you didn't miss the helmet thing... it wasn't there :( Damn trailers... The easter egg wasn't worth the 10 minute wait through the looooooooong end creds though. At least they had cap's shield hahaha

Yea, apparently lots were cut. They show stuff in the preview, not even in the movie. Like that part:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3447819520/tt1228705

That shield was funny as. He was holding it like it was some sort of holy artifact, then Tony used it to prop up the tube to level it. :)

I saw it today, my favorite most exciting part (remember, not the coolest or funniest or most action packed, but most exciting), was at the grand prix.

GoktimusPrime
4th May 2010, 11:03 PM
I liked it. :) I also loved the Easter Egg at the end of the credits.

MJOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRR! :D

The_Damned
4th May 2010, 11:38 PM
i just watched and really enjoyed it and thought that it was just as good as the first one.

Doubledealer
5th May 2010, 06:59 PM
Saw it last night and left feeling a bit let down. I thought most of the action was absolutely incredible (the first encounter between Stark and Whiplash was a real highlight) but overall it felt like a real missed opportunity - mainly because I didn't like Sam Rockwell's character and how the story develops because of him, and also due to the fact that he overshadowed a far more interesting bad guy in the form of Whiplash. I want my bird! /russian accent

SamLoi888
5th May 2010, 07:15 PM
Saw it last night and left feeling a bit let down. I thought most of the action was absolutely incredible (the first encounter between Stark and Whiplash was a real highlight) but overall it felt like a real missed opportunity - mainly because I didn't like Sam Rockwell's character and how the story develops because of him, and also due to the fact that he overshadowed a far more interesting bad guy in the form of Whiplash. I want my bird! /russian accent

Same. For a lot of the middle part of the movie I felt like I was watching a TV series not a blockbuster movie.
Oh and Gwyneth Paltrow sucks.

SkyWarp91
5th May 2010, 07:37 PM
All I can say is that since I saw Iron Man 2, I've been drinking lots of chlorophyll.

DarkHyren
5th May 2010, 08:46 PM
Just saw this today, so posting while my mind is fresh.

I realised what was missing - actual proper Iron man action. I felt it was lacking. Like, there were bits in the suit and of course the end fight section, but it was so unlike the first movie where it was all about the suit and bascially what makes up iron man.See, I think that the movie was great, there was more about the man inside the suit.
Iron man is more then just a suit, he's the man inside, with his troubles, and how he overcomes them (or in cases, submits to them).
I'm not sure why everyone is so critical about this movie, I thought it was as good if not better then the first one.

kup
5th May 2010, 08:57 PM
I agree with Towers_spy and Lord_Zed. The movie was good but there was far too much 'down time' between the action sequences. Although Iron Man is not just the suit, we got too much of Stark's 'I am going to die' anxiety instead of more action.

Come to think of it, there really wasn't that much action - The bits of it were awesome but there just wasn't enough of it and the final battle was somewhat disappointing and made me feel as if 'it couldn't possibly be over' but it was.

Overall a decent movie but not where as good as the first.

5FDP
5th May 2010, 10:10 PM
The movie was good but there was far too much 'down time' between the action sequences.

That's funny... that's exactly what I thought of the first movie.

Tommy K
5th May 2010, 10:41 PM
enjoyed it. im thinking of buying iron man comics, i already have star wars and transformers comics lol

DarkHyren
5th May 2010, 10:57 PM
I see lots of people talking about action this and no action that, am I the only one that saw this cause it was an Iron Man movie?
It sounds like most people went to see it more because they thought it was purely an action movie.

Now about the movie: I liked how it was realistic with the different suit strengths, like how the case suit couldn't handle much punishment as compared to the full suit.
The bit with the shield was funny, the agent is like "OMG, it's teh holy grail" and then stark uses it to prop up the synchrotron :D
And the bit where he's watching the film of his father, right there, touching moment at the end.
Loved the drones, great scene at the end with all of them.

One thing I thought was sorta garbage was the Hammer character.
I mean did they actually make Hammer a rich idiot (really) lame comic relief type?

GoktimusPrime
6th May 2010, 10:36 PM
I saw it cos it was an Iron Man movie. :)

I'm sure long time Iron Man fans would have appreciated how they touched upon Tony Stark's long time nemesis -- alcohol. ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/megoironman.jpg

Lint
7th May 2010, 11:35 AM
Iron Man 2 didn't flow as well as the first. The humour was not as biting, the character development was rushed and the screenplay was a bit ramshackle. I blame it on the script which probably mandated some core CGI (and non CGI) scenes which the rest of the film had to work around.

Also there was too much Jon Favreau/Happy Hogan in this sequel.

Despite these criticisms I still enjoyed it :D just a little bitter that my quasi-adult mind cannot let me enjoy what I would have absolutely loved as a child.

Robzy
14th May 2010, 11:32 PM
I saw it last night - it was okay actually! It wasn't as bad as everyone was saying (reviews, friends, etc..), but yeah, it wasn't as good as the first one!

Certainly no Dark Knight, Aliens or Empire, but pretty fun!

MV75
20th May 2010, 08:35 PM
Figured I'd put this here, here is how you win cosplay with a warmachine costume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSaxtNd5QZ0&feature=player_embedded

Lint
29th May 2010, 01:31 PM
damn thats one good costume!