PDA

View Full Version : Power Rangers

Pages : 1 [2]

Golden Phoenix
8th December 2013, 04:19 PM
preordered mine like last month! forgot to mention that here.
love how they redesigned the tail. and yes it can do everything the original one did.

Oh nice. Did you pre-order from TRU or elsewhere?

VGMStudios
15th December 2013, 08:39 PM
Oh nice. Did you pre-order from TRU or elsewhere?

Thanks mate!
From TRU Canada.

gdmetro
20th December 2013, 11:21 PM
Have been interested in this legacy line for a while.

After seeing the dragon dagger and the dragonzord, really want to pick up the legacy morpher and the legacy megazord. Also the eventual green ranger morpher.

Where is the best place to source the legacy morpher and megazord from? Ive seen TRU.com and apparently it does ship internationally, not sure if it will ship to Australia and the costs.. etc.

How have you guys obtained these pieces?
Have these been released in local Australian TRU's?

Any advice would be appreciated! :D

Paul Agnew
21st December 2013, 01:22 PM
Where is the best place to source the legacy morpher and megazord from? Ive seen TRU.com and apparently it does ship internationally, not sure if it will ship to Australia and the costs.. etc.

The Legacy Megazord was supposed to be released down here in October. To the best of my knowledge it hasn't shown up, and if it does, I shudder to think how hard they're going to jack up the price. Anyone willing to wager around the $150-$200 mark? :eek:

tangy
21st December 2013, 07:26 PM
same question as gdmetro - i missed out on the pre order so is there any alternative to ebay?

Gouki
23rd December 2013, 06:56 PM
My partner just ordered the DX Metallic Zyudenchi set! I cannot wait. Kyoryuger has seriously just connected with me in a way I wasn't expecting. I never want it to end, and every episode just leaves me grinning lime I'm 6 again. There's so much joy and fun in that show.

sifun
6th January 2014, 10:30 PM
anyone know where i can get the legacy stuff? I preordered the dragon morpher so far.. Need the rest ;)

sifun
9th January 2014, 12:59 PM
can anyone let me know if they see a legacy power morpher anywhere? :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th January 2014, 01:16 PM
can anyone let me know if they see a legacy power morpher anywhere? :)

I saw one in TRU Morley, WA.

First one Id seen.

G1Optimal
20th February 2014, 03:39 PM
Apparently there is a legacy Titanus coming out according to this youtube video.
( i found the link on http://news.tokunation.com/ )

00:19 to 00:53
Bandai America's Booth at New York Toy Fair 2014 (HD) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UKp8Y10vpg#t=26)

although its aimed at collectors, it is limited edition and contains die-cast Titanus will be $200 USD

Golden Phoenix
20th February 2014, 03:50 PM
Makes sense. They did the Legacy Megazord, and the Legacy Dragonzord. Need a Legacy Titanus to round out the trio.

VGMStudios
20th February 2014, 05:04 PM
Ugh my wallet already hates me.
Must get titanus....

Golden Phoenix
20th February 2014, 05:42 PM
Ugh my wallet already hates me.
Must get titanus....

If I read that article right, they said it would be $200, and that is the US price. *gulps*

Lint
20th February 2014, 06:38 PM
If I read that article right, they said it would be $200, and that is the US price. *gulps*

Seems like $200 in the Power Rangers world gets you a heck of a lot more than $200 in the transformer world.

Hursticon
20th February 2014, 08:34 PM
I look forward to seeing some decent pics of this new Titanus release; I've no intention of getting it as I have the original, complete, but I really want to see the differences as for 1 this thing is apparently loaded with diecast! :eek:

VGMStudios
21st February 2014, 11:44 AM
I look forward to seeing some decent pics of this new Titanus release; I've no intention of getting it as I have the original, complete, but I really want to see the differences as for 1 this thing is apparently loaded with diecast! :eek:

I agree.. I really would like to see just how much of it is diecast to warrant that $200 price point. I am hoping that the main body is all diecast. :D

DELTAprime
1st March 2014, 12:04 AM
I'm thinking about getting the ToQger Zord and Morpher set from Japan since I've always liked trains and they turn into robots. Any good sources for Sentai toys aside from HLJ and BBTS?

Tetsuwan Convoy
1st March 2014, 01:17 AM
There's the usual suspects as well:
Amiami (http://www.amiami.com/)
hobbysearch (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/)
quite handy for recent stuff

I'd go with those guys over BBTS any day. I feel liek I pay for double handling when buying Japanese stuff from BBTS.

Gouki
1st March 2014, 08:50 AM
Never go with BBTS for Sentai stuff. You're paying to have the items shipped to America, to be shipped to Australia. Couple that with their already (in my mind) high prices for imported items best to avoid.

CStoys is pretty good, as well. And so is Mandarake.

drifand
1st March 2014, 11:05 AM
There's the usual suspects as well:
Amiami (http://www.amiami.com/)
hobbysearch (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/)
quite handy for recent stuff

I'd go with those guys over BBTS any day. I feel liek I pay for double handling when buying Japanese stuff from BBTS.

Is also about 10-15% mark up to what the Japanese stores sell them for.

I also am not in favour of hong kong online stores as they are about the same.

Zommael
5th March 2014, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know if we are supposed to be getting the Armored Might Megaforce figures in this country, or has anybody seen them? Figuarts are great, but I want an unarmored MMPR Green!

Golden Phoenix
20th March 2014, 10:22 PM
BBTS has found a stash of Legacy Megazords (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BANA10477&mode=retail). Price is a tad steep, better than eBay though.

yoshi594
2nd May 2014, 11:57 PM
Did they ever release the legacy Megazord and Dragon Zord in aus? Saw them on bbts but they seem overpriced...but they are diecast so mmm...

Hursticon
11th May 2014, 06:36 PM
Did they ever release the legacy Megazord and Dragon Zord in aus? Saw them on bbts but they seem overpriced...but they are diecast so mmm...

I don't believe they did dude; I remember Kalel tweeting me a photo of the Legacy Morpher that he came across in a Victorian TRU, but I don't believe the Zords ever saw release here at least I've not seen them at my local TRU but it, in the end, is just an Express store. :o

I'd love it though if TRU were to put out all 3 at once! - The Legacy Megazord, Dragonzord AND Titanus, it'd certainly make for one wicked looking shelf!... not to mention hole in one's bank balance. :D

VGMStudios
13th May 2014, 03:43 AM
Here in Canada I am STILL waiting for them to get stock!! :/

yoshi594
13th May 2014, 04:07 PM
I don't believe they did dude; I remember Kalel tweeting me a photo of the Legacy Morpher that he came across in a Victorian TRU, but I don't believe the Zords ever saw release here at least I've not seen them at my local TRU but it, in the end, is just an Express store. :o

I'd love it though if TRU were to put out all 3 at once! - The Legacy Megazord, Dragonzord AND Titanus, it'd certainly make for one wicked looking shelf!... not to mention hole in one's bank balance. :D

oh! I thought it would have come out here as they have the legacy ranger belts at Toy R US here in perth. Dragonzord is 79ish USD on amazon with their cheap shipping!

Ended up getting the megazord off ebay for 135 AUS...dunno if it was worth it but what they hey, goes well with my figuarts power rangers :)

Tfiguy
13th May 2014, 06:00 PM
When I was in Japan akihabara train station I seen this awsome display of those newer power rangers... Definitely opened up a big pot of nostalgia and when I seen the dragon zord issue, I nearly got it.. I think I may still do, but I'm hoping for a masterpiece edition of all the original megazords.. I wouldn't think twice haha

Tfiguy
13th May 2014, 06:03 PM
*Newer release of the original PR's*

VGMStudios
4th June 2014, 07:07 AM
Recieved the reissue dragon zord finally.
very surprised how heavy he was. I knew there was diecast but wasn't expecting that much.
He is very nicely done... For an american toy.. haha.

Hursticon
4th June 2014, 04:33 PM
Recieved the reissue dragon zord finally.
very surprised how heavy he was. I knew there was diecast but wasn't expecting that much.
He is very nicely done... For an american toy.. haha.

Good to hear dude; from what I saw of him in Peaugh's review (http://youtu.be/B-lbp2m69Zk) he looked like a superb re-release, especially with the die-cast content and Zyuranger-based stickers/details :eek: as well as the retooling to his combined-mode's staff weapon handle AND the segmented tail! :eek:

It makes me very curious to see what, if any, improvements Titanus might employ. ;)

VGMStudios
5th June 2014, 01:44 AM
Good to hear dude; from what I saw of him in Peaugh's review (http://youtu.be/B-lbp2m69Zk) he looked like a superb re-release, especially with the die-cast content and Zyuranger-based stickers/details :eek: as well as the retooling to his combined-mode's staff weapon handle AND the segmented tail! :eek:

It makes me very curious to see what, if any, improvements Titanus might employ. ;)

I skipped out on Peaugh's review on purpose because I didnt want to get spoiled by it and I am glad I did.
Yes I forgot to mention, the Zyuranger based details is a very nice touch.
His tail is well done. Tons better then the original.

I will agree, I am looking forward to seeing what they do with Titanus.
The only thing I can think of that would make this even better is if they shipped them in Japanese-esq type boxes. That would have been sweet. I am a sucker for a good looking toy box.

DELTAprime
6th June 2014, 06:56 PM
Three questions.

A: Is the Legacy Morpher that TRU Australia has for sale the version with fixed electronics or the first run with dodgy electronics?

B: Do we know if TRU Australia is going to have the Legacy Dragonzord and Legacy Titanus?

C: Do we know a price for the Legacy Zords at TRU?

I'd like to skip importing cause of the diecast shipping cost.

King Atlas
30th June 2014, 06:00 AM
So...this question has been asked before but I have to be sure. Are we ever going to get legacy Megazords? Ive not been to a TRU in while but I'm pretty sure we still don't get Neca toys unlike the ones in NA.

I must have that Dragonzord, but I won't bother if I have to import.

yoshi594
30th June 2014, 09:09 PM
Three questions.

A: Is the Legacy Morpher that TRU Australia has for sale the version with fixed electronics or the first run with dodgy electronics?

B: Do we know if TRU Australia is going to have the Legacy Dragonzord and Legacy Titanus?

C: Do we know a price for the Legacy Zords at TRU?

I'd like to skip importing cause of the diecast shipping cost.

amazon's shipping for dragonzord was around 10-14usd...not bad!

Tetsuwan Convoy
1st July 2014, 06:03 PM
Just spotted some Super Megaforce toys in TRU.

Being a Gokaijer fan, I am excited to see these. The mobirates and other stuff is smaller, no sign of Ranger key packs as yet though :(

Zommael
10th July 2014, 08:38 PM
My local Target is now stocking the Super Megaforce Legendary Megazord. Will probably try to pick one up around toy sale.

G1Optimal
20th July 2014, 05:29 PM
In case no one knows about it yet Saban and Lionsgate are apparantly making a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Reboot Movie
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie Creative Team Formed (http://news.tokunation.com/2014/07/15/rumor-mighty-morphin-power-rangers-movie-creative-team-formed-19221)
Source: tokunation (http://news.tokunation.com)

and here are some press photo pics of leagacy titanus
Power Rangers Legacy Titanus Press Photos (http://news.tokunation.com/2014/07/11/legacy-titanus-press-photos-19190)
Source: also tokunation (http://news.tokunation.com)

Gouki
21st July 2014, 09:45 AM
Ugh. MMPR. The only way I'll be interested is if they shock everyone and use the Dairanger suiit because at this point I just don't care o hear about MMPR ever again unless I'm watching the episodes at home. It's not the be all and end all of Power Rangers; it's not even very good. But the constant driving of it into the ground by nostalgic 'fans' and companies has gone beyond annoying.

And Tommy is a terrible character on almost every level.

Zommael
22nd July 2014, 02:45 PM

DON'T YOU SAY THAT ABOUT TOMMY! You take that back!!!

DELTAprime
22nd July 2014, 06:33 PM
I've recently watched the first 5 volumes of MMPR season 1 on DVD. Tommy really didn't do much in the episodes I watched. He was always coming up with some excuse to do something separate from the rest of the Rangers then after the Megazord got it's ass kicked he would turn up save the day with the Dragonzord. I really feel Tommy got the short straw in writing for the episodes I watched.

What was the reason the Dragon Ranger was not around till the end of the battles in Zyu-Ranger?

Golden Phoenix
22nd July 2014, 10:36 PM

Shots Fired!

Zommael
22nd July 2014, 10:52 PM
I've recently watched the first 5 volumes of MMPR season 1 on DVD. Tommy really didn't do much in the episodes I watched. He was always coming up with some excuse to do something separate from the rest of the Rangers then after the Megazord got it's ass kicked he would turn up save the day with the Dragonzord. I really feel Tommy got the short straw in writing for the episodes I watched.

What was the reason the Dragon Ranger was not around till the end of the battles in Zyu-Ranger?

The in-story reason was that he only had a few hours left to live, and couldn't emerge from the timeless room in which he spent most of his time unless it was absolutely necessary. The fact that his time eventually ran out was essentially the equivalent of the green candle story on Zyuranger, with Witch Bandora intentionally forcing him to use up as much of his time as possible.

I'm not sure what the out-of-story reason was, but it might be something to do with him being essentially the first proper sixth ranger, and possibly budget reasons connected with that, or not wanting to expand the cast beyond five for character development reasons.

DELTAprime
30th July 2014, 08:33 PM
Anyone know what version of the Legacy Morpher TRU AU has in stock? I'm thinking about ordering one with the upcoming 20% off sale.

Golden Phoenix
31st July 2014, 06:14 PM
The Legacy Dragonzord just dropped into my POL at BBTS. So excited.

I also pre-ordered the Legacy Tigerzord ^_^

yoshi594
1st September 2014, 03:04 PM
mmm amazon not going to get stock of the legacy tigerzord and titanus?! been checking almost everyday for it...

Zommael
1st September 2014, 04:56 PM
mmm amazon not going to get stock of the legacy tigerzord and titanus?! been checking almost everyday for it...

Neither of them is out for a little while yet, so I'm not surprised they aren't taking preorders at the moment. Shouldn't panic.

Zommael
11th September 2014, 08:27 PM
Power Rangers Movie legacy figures have been revealed:

http://news.tokunation.com/2014/09/11/power-rangers-legacy-original-movie-figures-revealed-20809

They look pretty good. They have the standard BOA articulation which is of course nowhere near as good as SH Figuarts, but nonetheless they appeal to me, at least, because of the armoured look and detailing.

DELTAprime
19th October 2014, 05:31 PM
I just ordered Legacy Titanus from TRU US. Unfortunately he is rather expensive after shipping and currency conversion. $305.

Golden Phoenix
19th October 2014, 10:26 PM
I just ordered Legacy Titanus from TRU US. Unfortunately he is rather expensive after shipping and currency conversion. $305.

Part of me is like "OMG LEGACY TITANUS IS UP FOR ORDER BUY BUY BUY"

But then I look at the price and go
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jimmey-11/Cartoons/petergriffin.gif

Zommael
20th October 2014, 05:57 PM
Part of me is like "OMG LEGACY TITANUS IS UP FOR ORDER BUY BUY BUY"

But then I look at the price and go

Yup. I kind of want the Legacy Dragonzord and Tigerzord since my old Dragonzord and Tigerzord are in no fit state, but my Titanus, while not perfect, is still intact. That coupled with the price just turns me right off.

Golden Phoenix
20th October 2014, 06:24 PM
Yup. I kind of want the Legacy Dragonzord and Tigerzord since my old Dragonzord and Tigerzord are in no fit state, but my Titanus, while not perfect, is still intact. That coupled with the price just turns me right off.

But then you can't make the Ultrazord since the Legacy stuff isn't compatable. :p

Zommael
20th October 2014, 06:31 PM
But then you can't make the Ultrazord since the Legacy stuff isn't compatable. :p

I can make a sort of dodgy ultrazord out of what's left of my original Megazord, Dragonzord, and Titanus (basically DZ in fighting mode standing on Titanus). Or I can just say **** it and make the Ninja Ultrazord. :D

DELTAprime
20th October 2014, 09:54 PM
I'm glad I have the cash saved up to get Titanus to finish off the Legacy Ultrazord, but I wouldn't be getting him if I didn't have cash saved up.

Since my original Thunder Megazord's Red Dragon Zord's arms are broken I'm looking forward to that potential release more than the Tiger Zord which is kinda pointless in the Ultra Thunder Zord.

VGMStudios
20th October 2014, 11:56 PM
I really hope the price comes down for Titanus... $200?! Damn!

kovert
21st October 2014, 11:10 PM
Anyone seen the prices for an SH Figuarts Kibaranger/White Ranger recently? Some places are selling well above retail price:

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Morphin-Figuarts/dp/B00OC17B32/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1413893377&sr=8-4&keywords=white+ranger+sh+figuarts

Golden Phoenix
22nd October 2014, 12:17 AM
Anyone seen the prices for an SH Figuarts Kibaranger/White Ranger recently? Some places are selling well above retail price:

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Morphin-Figuarts/dp/B00OC17B32/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1413893377&sr=8-4&keywords=white+ranger+sh+figuarts

Makes me glad I grabbed him when I had the chance

kovert
22nd October 2014, 01:30 PM
I wonder if Bandai has stopped producing Kibaranger. Was the MMPR version originally a mid 2013 release?

Golden Phoenix
22nd October 2014, 01:57 PM
I wonder if Bandai has stopped producing Kibaranger. Was the MMPR version originally a mid 2013 release?

I think you'd be able right. I think I got mine in October, but it was through BBTS so it may have been out for a month before then.

Call it Mid-Late 2013 maybe?

I think they have stopped making them though. Can't see many places with stock. It was a limited run too.

Zommael
22nd October 2014, 04:08 PM
That price makes me glad I've decided to wait for the Movie Legacy figures, even though I know they won't be up to figuarts standards.

kovert
22nd October 2014, 06:26 PM
Yep, you could pick up nearly four of the rangers for that. Should we assume he non-Tommy MMPR Figuarts aren't as popular? Some of the others were as low as USD $35 at one point. Would have been good to get them when the AUD was at parity or close to it. The Stage Act 4 Humanoid stands are also overpriced when sold through third party at Amazon. They want 30% more than the US RRP.

DELTAprime
27th October 2014, 03:32 PM
Firstly, if you want to grab some ToQger toys cheap HLJ is having a sale at the moment. (http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SaleGroup=1410halloween&SeriesID=5881) I grabbed a ToQ-oh for 4062 yen.

I recently decided to get the set of SH Figuarts MMPR figures. I have the 5 other Rangers in my POL, but now I need to find a Green Ranger and my choices are expensive just like with your the White Ranger. I could get a Dragon Ranger but I really want the MMPR version. Just one of those things you need to live with if your a collector.

Golden Phoenix
27th October 2014, 03:34 PM
I could get a Dragon Ranger but I really want the MMPR version. Just one of those things you need to live with if your a collector.

Is there a difference between the 2?

Zommael
27th October 2014, 04:05 PM
Is there a difference between the 2?

IIRC, Dragon Ranger comes with optional parts to resemble his appearance in Akibaranger, but other than that there is none. But if Delta is wanting to display them in package, a JPN Dragon Ranger will stand out like a sore thumb.

Golden Phoenix
27th October 2014, 04:54 PM
IIRC, Dragon Ranger comes with optional parts to resemble his appearance in Akibaranger, but other than that there is none. But if Delta is wanting to display them in package, a JPN Dragon Ranger will stand out like a sore thumb.

Ah, I forgot about those parts. Fair point about the packaging though.

DELTAprime
27th October 2014, 09:52 PM
Yeah I want him in the MMPR packaging.:o

kovert
27th October 2014, 10:45 PM
I could get a Dragon Ranger but I really want the MMPR version.

I know what you mean. The MMPR packaging is nice and consistent. Don't understand why some of Pink Ranger's box lettering is blue. :confused: The box dimensions for both Zyuranger and MMPR seem to be the same though.

DELTAprime
6th November 2014, 07:57 PM
Titans showed up today. After seeing him in person I'd say the tampos and QC on him are of the highest quality. A similar example in the Transformers world is the GT Alternity line. They cost $100 each but the paint job is the highest detail and best QCed we have in Transformers. Titanus is on that level. But I really wish there was no diecast in him, or at least have the diecast anywhere but on the Megazord's body. With the weight of the Dragonzord and those parts from Titanus I know I'll need to at least pull him apart and repair the joints every so often.

Golden Phoenix
7th November 2014, 12:58 PM
Titans showed up today. After seeing him in person I'd say the tampos and QC on him are of the highest quality. A similar example in the Transformers world is the GT Alternity line. They cost $100 each but the paint job is the highest detail and best QCed we have in Transformers. Titanus is on that level. But I really wish there was no diecast in him, or at least have the diecast anywhere but on the Megazord's body. With the weight of the Dragonzord and those parts from Titanus I know I'll need to at least pull him apart and repair the joints every so often.

Very jealous. Got any pics?

VGMStudios
7th November 2014, 04:09 PM
Very jealous. Got any pics?

Same here.
Waiting until he comes down in price a little.

yoshi594
8th November 2014, 12:59 AM

where did you get him from? and how much? i've been checking amazon everyday and he's very evasive despite his large exterior :o

DELTAprime
8th November 2014, 08:01 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3948/15737618495_025b939fce_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pYFpFV)[/url]

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5606/15118228593_f74762c803_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pYFpFV)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3949/15552794120_13320ecde9_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/p2WSDF)[url=https://flic.kr/p/pGm8QL]

The only place to get him is Toys R Us' site in the US. He worked out being $305AUD including shipping, but I think he will be more expensive now thanks to the falling Aussie dollar. Don't expect to see him anywhere else because they said at Toy Fair 2014 he is a limited run.

yoshi594
8th November 2014, 09:14 PM
The only place to get him is Toys R Us' site in the US. He worked out being $305AUD including shipping, but I think he will be more expensive now thanks to the falling Aussie dollar. Don't expect to see him anywhere else because they said at Toy Fair 2014 he is a limited run.

dang...he looks cool and i want him but he's not $300+ cool...

Golden Phoenix
14th January 2015, 09:03 AM
I'm just gonna leave this here.....

Legacy Dinozord Reissue (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BANA10521&mode=retail)

griffin
20th February 2015, 08:28 PM
It was a year late for their 20th anniversary of Power Rangers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers), which was in 2013, but the final episode of the 20th season that aired in America during 2014 (which was on channel 99 today - to be repeated 3.30am tomorrow morning).... and it was nice to see the final battle with the hundred odd past Rangers, but also disappointing that they had such a limited budget and writing staff. I think there was potential for a tele-movie, which could have cashed in on the 20th anniversary if it had been a year earlier... and if they could have afforded paying for more of the previous actors to be in it (most Rangers had their helmets left on).

I wasn't a fan beyond the first series (that lasted three years and had a Movie), but it was still nice to see a "reunion" of sorts... a bit like the Dr Who 50th anniversary episode that also kinda featured all the past Doctors (we knew it wasn't the actual actors, but it was still nice to have that visual there).

I just thought I'd mention it, in case anyone else was interested in watching the episode (or set the recorder for that time of morning).

lancalot
25th February 2015, 01:27 AM
i don't know if this was linked here yet as i don't follow this thread ...
but here a short movie of a very darker version post power ranger time... it got famous actor in it a well....:cool: Wish they make this into a full lenght film!

WARNING - video not suitable for children.

POWER/RANGERS
from Joseph Kahn
CAST:
Katee Sackhoff - Kimberly/Pink
James Van Der Beek - Rocky
Russ Bain - Tommy/Green
Will Yun Lee - General Klank
Gichi Gamba - Zack/Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90

drifand
25th February 2015, 11:38 AM
i don't know if this was linked here yet as i don't follow this thread ...
but here a short movie of a very darker version post power ranger time... it got famous actor in it a well....:cool: Wish they make this into a full lenght film!

POWER/RANGERS
from Joseph Kahn
CAST:
Katee Sackhoff - Kimberly/Pink
James Van Der Beek - Rocky
Russ Bain - Tommy/Green
Will Yun Lee - General Klank
Gichi Gamba - Zack/Black

https://vimeo.com/120401488

Video not found.

CBratron
25th February 2015, 12:05 PM
Video not found.

lancalot
25th February 2015, 02:20 PM

lol that funny it got taken off.... thanks CBratron...that the clip

drifand
25th February 2015, 02:28 PM
Interesting, would have got me back in hook at power rangers.

CBratron
25th February 2015, 02:28 PM
Anyone watching it, just be aware this is not the Power Rangers of your youth. It's by Adi Shankar who has a reputation for R rated violence.

Golden Phoenix
25th February 2015, 03:07 PM
Man that is a good short film. Loved the updated look they gave them. Especially how they did the Green Ranger's shield.

tootz_05
25th February 2015, 03:36 PM
Man that was sick! Bought back some awesome childhood memories of rucshin home from school to watch!

Trent
25th February 2015, 03:56 PM
Anyone watching it, just be aware this is not the Power Rangers of your youth. It's by Adi Shankar who has a reputation for R rated violence.

Its SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!

It's actually a parody.

drifand
25th February 2015, 03:59 PM
Which is why I got interested. lol No childish bs.

millhouse
25th February 2015, 04:02 PM
Is it a parody? I honestly don't think so. The same guy did a Venom (from Spider-Man) short influenced by French new wave cinema and a great Punisher short.

Haven't watched the PR one yet, but he's done some good stuff.

griffin
25th February 2015, 09:37 PM
The creator posted up an explanation video here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDKR_2HqymU), to actually be watched before the 14 minute video.

WARNING - not suitable for children! This is not your father's Autob... Power Ranger. :p

Definitely watch the explanation video, as it gives a reason for the dark tone, and how it is not a pitch to create a movie based on it, it was all done for fun because he's a fan of the original show.
(which is really weird for someone to create a 14 minute mini-movie, with visuals and effects that are of the quality, and probably the equivalent cost, of a full budget movie... all just for fun)

GoktimusPrime
25th February 2015, 11:08 PM
Perhaps we should include a word of warning for some of our younger members that the video contains graphic violence and coarse language which may not be suitable for younger viewers. :o

VGMStudios
26th February 2015, 01:41 AM
and partial nudity.

I didnt like it. It was too gritty for the PRs. The darkness I didnt mind.
PRs using guns and head shots? Nope!
And Rita looked like that Asian chick bad guy with horns, she was a side-kick I think. Dont know her name, obviously.

griffin
26th February 2015, 03:01 PM
So the lawyers from the owners of Power Rangers (Saban) were the ones who got it taken off Vimeo, and are trying to get it removed from Youtube... because it could impact on the younger demographic "image" of the Brand (parents who see the video probably won't want to have their kids anything to do with the real show and the toys).

A bit late now though, as it has gained so much exposure already, and there would be thousands of copies in private hands now to keep circulating forever.
(there were just over 5 million views when I watched it last night when I did my last post... now there is over 9.5 million views 17 hours later, and a fair few of those views would be thanks to Saban making an issue about it so that the media brought it to the attention of the general public)

The producer was interviewed on TMZ today, saying that he's not making any money from it (there's no advertising on the youtube video)... that he did it all from his own wealth as a Movie Producer (just like all those other fan-films out there), and the two main stars did it for free (and probably all the others if they were called up to see if they wanted to join in on the project).

I can understand the concern of the owner of the Brand, because they don't currently want the Brand enter that adult demographic. A bit like Transformers - before the M-rated movies, Hasbro wouldn't have wanted their "kids" Brand to become well known in a bloodthirsty context. It'd be the same if someone made a porn movie with characters like Barbie, or MLP, and it got millions of views on the internet like this did... the lawyers would step in because it damages their carefully crafted image of the Brand, which they've spent Millions to create and maintain.
If it hadn't had so much attention, with millions of views (another 100,000 since starting this message 20 minutes ago), it would have been left alone like any other fan-film.

ComicGuy89
31st July 2015, 12:50 AM
I just thought this might be worth mentioning: Power Rangers Dino Charge, the latest season, is airing here this Sunday on GO! Toys to follow soon.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoAU/status/626285732072714240

Saban’s Power Rangers Dino Charge debuting on GO! this Sun at 11am. Bandai toy range coming Sept school holidays!!

Zommael
31st July 2015, 08:14 AM
Power Rangers toys? In Australia? Surely not.

ComicGuy89
31st July 2015, 10:03 PM
Power Rangers toys? In Australia? Surely not.

Indeed, after the near absence of Super Megaforce on the toy shelves, I was wondering if Dino Charge would even make it at all. Hopefully it'll at least have a respectable presence.

Anyway, I'll have my TV recording the first episode on Sunday. :D

DELTAprime
26th August 2015, 12:26 PM
Do we know how much the Legacy Thunder Mega Zord is going to be at places that are not BBTS? $200USD is ridiculous compared to the price of the original Legacy Mega Zord.

Seraphim Prime
4th January 2016, 03:17 PM
Thread Necromancy!

Is there a market still for older Power Ranger megazords now that the Legacy Megazords are coming out?

I've got all the Megazords (and a number of the supplementary zords) from Mighty Morphin through to Space and was looking to sell them in the next month or so, but don't know whether there is a market / what prices I should be looking to set.

Golden Phoenix
4th January 2016, 04:36 PM
From what I have seen I think the prices for stuff that has been redone in the Legacy line had dropped a bit, but there isn't much affected.

So far the Legacy line is just the Megazord, Dragonzord, Titanus, Tigerzord, with the Thunder Megazord and Falconzord announced.
I could imagine the Ninja and Shogun Megazords would be in the works too.

DELTAprime
14th February 2016, 04:17 PM
At Toy Fair Bandai America announced the next bunch of Legacy items. A communicator, some coins, a repaint of the Dragonzord, but no Tor The Shuttlezord. Instead we get the Legacy Falconzord and Legacy Ninja Magazord.

I hope that doesn't mean Titanus didn't sell well enough to warrant other Carrierzords.

http://news.tokunation.com/2016/02/13/toy-fair-2016-power-rangers-legacy-limited-edition-dragonzord-31860

http://news.tokunation.com/2016/02/13/toy-fair-2016-legacy-6-inch-figures-ninja-coins-info-31801

DELTAprime
24th February 2016, 04:12 PM
Just got a Legacy White Tigerzord and Legacy Thunder Megazord in my POL from BBTS. I'm guessing if I watched reviews I would probably had known that I would be disappointed at how much of a parts-former the Mega Tigerzord combination is compared to the original. Just feels like they took the easy way out with ripping parts off Zords. But I guess since it's Bandai America everything must work with the Zord Builder System so there's little room for a Zord that can't work with most other Zords.

I am a bit disappointed in their QC also. My Legacy Dragonzord was perfect and the Legacy Titanus has amazingly detailed paint apps and not a single QC issue on them. The Tigerzord is the same price as the Dragonzord and the Thunder Megazord is the same price as Titanus and they have a bunch of bad paint apps and some scratches. Not what I was expecting for $280 USD all up.

Still it's nice to have a replacement for my season two Zords which have become brittle over time.

Hope things improve on the Ninjazords.

Golden Phoenix
25th February 2016, 07:29 PM
Where did you pick up the ThunderZords from?

DELTAprime
29th February 2016, 12:19 AM
Where did you pick up the ThunderZords from?

Paid BBTS's ransom of $200USD for them. Still cheaper than some other US retailers.:eek:

Golden Phoenix
29th February 2016, 06:42 PM
Paid BBTS's ransom of $200USD for them. Still cheaper than some other US retailers.:eek:

From what I hear that's the RRP for the figure :eek:

yoshi594
5th March 2016, 09:58 PM
Titania is going for a ridiculous amount of money now. Maybe I should have bought it at 200-300 >.<

G1Optimal
6th May 2016, 04:53 PM
New Power Rangers 2017 movie suits revealed
http://news.tokunation.com/2016/05/05/power-rangers-2017-movie-ranger-suits-revealed-32958

Source tokunation.com

VGMStudios
7th May 2016, 03:03 AM
It says these suits are for the 2017 movie!!! I had no idea there was a new movie coming out! Are these based on the original PRs?

They look like a cross between Ironman and something else. Very cool looking.

G1Optimal
7th May 2016, 07:04 AM
It says these suits are for the 2017 movie!!! I had no idea there was a new movie coming out! Are these based on the original PRs?

I just fixed the post sorry about that :o

Fungal Infection
7th May 2016, 08:20 AM
Anyone after the legacy thunder megazord, TRU has them for 349!! :eek:

Seraphim Prime
18th May 2016, 06:15 PM
New Power Rangers 2017 movie suits revealed
http://news.tokunation.com/2016/05/05/power-rangers-2017-movie-ranger-suits-revealed-32958

Source tokunation.com

The Red Ranger's costume makes me think immediately of Lord Zed!

Also, "alien costume that grows over them" - did no one pay attention to how poorly Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern costume was received?

Golden Phoenix
18th May 2016, 06:25 PM
Anyone after the legacy thunder megazord, TRU has them for 349!! :eek:

That isn't too bad I guess.

Seems to go for about $300-400 on ebay after postage
I also have a pretty big pile building at BBTS and it works out to be about au$325 including postage.

Like it is still very expensive, but compared to online, not as bad as it could have been.

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd May 2016, 09:18 PM
The original sentai suite were meant to be become their heads wasn't it? Or was that Ultraman? Always stuck me as odd as to why they had lips on some of their helmets

ComicGuy89
22nd May 2016, 09:30 PM
That isn't too bad I guess.

Seems to go for about $300-400 on ebay after postage
I also have a pretty big pile building at BBTS and it works out to be about au$325 including postage.

Like it is still very expensive, but compared to online, not as bad as it could have been.

It's not terrible when you factor in shipping from the US. Still, the original US price itself was quite high.

I wonder how successful these Legacy releases will be here. We don't get nearly enough Power Rangers, which I hope the movie will change.

G1Optimal
12th June 2016, 04:59 PM

Gee im slow i just realized what you asked :o its a refresh movie universe based on mmpr

VGMStudios
14th June 2016, 07:14 AM
Gee im slow i just realized what you asked :o its a refresh movie universe based on mmpr

No problem friend. Thanks for the info. I hope it will turn out to be good.

G1Optimal
12th July 2016, 11:43 AM
I hope so to.

twizz
28th September 2016, 11:28 PM
I found these today at salvos , pretty happy with them
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/timalodapus/Mobile%20Uploads/20160928_161530_zps05natyzc.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/timalodapus/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160928_161530_zps05natyzc.jpg.html)

G1Optimal
13th October 2016, 08:20 PM
Power ranger movie 2017 teaser
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6kcbWnx017w

G1Optimal
21st February 2017, 01:18 PM
Movie 2017 march 23
Trailer and tv spot
http://news.tokunation.com/2017/02/17/new-power-rangers-2017-trailer-tv-spot-now-online-39880

G1Optimal
15th March 2017, 04:06 PM
Is anyone going to wath the power rangers movie next week?

Golden Phoenix
15th March 2017, 05:59 PM
Is anyone going to wath the power rangers movie next week?

Yes, but I will go into it with low expectations.

Kinda like when I go into a Transformers movie :D

Paulbot
15th March 2017, 06:14 PM
I saw the Power Rangers movie in the cinemas back in the 90s and enjoyed it.

This new one... no. I'll watch it on DVD but am in no rush to see it on the big screen.

Those awful looking Megazord and Power Ranger figures on the shelves do the film no favours either.

drifand
16th March 2017, 11:10 AM

This new one... no. I'll watch it on DVD but am in no rush to see it on the big screen.

Those awful looking Megazord and Power Ranger figures on the shelves do the film no favours either.

I have always look at power ranger only from the toys stand point and nothing else. I would just watch it free when available and might even turn off halfway if its boring.

griffin
16th March 2017, 01:53 PM

Yeah... when I first saw them at TRU a few weeks back I said to myself that those toys look like Michael Bay had a hand in their "re-imagination".

That first PR movie was a bit campy but was still fun to watch... and was filmed in Sydney, standing in as Angel Grove, to recognise parts of the city.
It also had a bit of a "1986 Transformers Movie" feel to it, because we were used to the first team of rangers, and their first feature film to cash in on their success featured the new (3) rangers and villians. They helped make the show popular enough to warrant a movie that then didn't have them in it.

bowspearer
8th January 2018, 09:32 PM
Thought I'd give anyone south of the borfder a heads up. A while back I bought a case each of the Wave 4,5 and 6 Gashapon Resshas and while I got every single chase, I also wound up with quite a few doubles, still unopened and in box. Being Gashapon versions, they don't transform, but they do work with the Tokkyuchanger (the morpher for anyone not familiar with the series). They're all still MISB if anyone is wondering.

I'll take proper pics and post a proper f/s thread when I get back from Melbourne, but given that I'm a little uner the pump, I thought I'd mention what was here and provided I heard back from people by tomorrow night, I could bring some of them down wqith me if people were interested.

Prices vary wildly on ebay, thinking maybe $20 each for them.

Here are my doubles:

4x Build Ressha
4x Drill Ressha
3x Hyper Ressha
2xLion Ressha (From SafariGaOh)
1xEagle Ressha (From SafariGaOh)
1xAlligator Ressha (From SafariGaOh)
1xPanda Ressha (From SafariGaOh)

If people could let me know by tomorrow night, I'll pack them in the car with me and they can check them out before committing to anything - getting me the money there on the spot.

drifand
2nd February 2018, 12:09 AM
Soul of chogokin Dragonzord was out for pre orders today. I managed to nab one at 12980jpy

kovert
2nd February 2018, 10:41 AM
Soul of chogokin Dragonzord was out for pre orders today. I managed to nab one at 12980jpy

Looks like it's now pre-sold out at most places. When did the pre-order go up?

drifand
2nd February 2018, 08:38 PM
Looks like it's now pre-sold out at most places. When did the pre-order go up?

Yesterday 3-4pm
Leaving you with us sites like bbts and a few others.

Don't you even try the cheapest retailer. I didn't get my magazord from that bastard.

http://www.anime-export.com/product/38846

Not the best Japanese retailer but if you want one is available.

kovert
2nd February 2018, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the info, drifand.

VGMStudios
3rd February 2018, 02:46 PM
I have never had an issue with AE. Always got my stuff.

Tho I am curious. Where did you find it for 12980Yen?
and who is this cheapest retailer you speak of?

drifand
3rd February 2018, 03:44 PM
I have never had an issue with AE. Always got my stuff.

Tho I am curious. Where did you find it for 12980Yen?
and who is this cheapest retailer you speak of?

Nippon yasan listed at 12,980jpy I bought two one for a member here in octa.
Cheapest bs retailer is pc, they listed several chogokin in the past and failed to refund or provide the goods. It had to be charged back from my credit card.
I won't say more as I am done with that retailer and imo a void retailer and should not even be mentioned.

AE I officially have not gotten into any issues but I had friends who had and some on this board. To me, when you buy from them. Make sure your address and everything is correct. Do not go changing orders etc.

Paulbot
13th February 2018, 09:34 PM
I'd like to watch Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger and I was wondering if any of the Super Sentai series are available in Australia, on DVD, Streaming, etc?

I was looking online and found the DVDs/BluRays from Japan are very expensive (Japan seems to be very expensive for disc media) and the cheap ones from Malaysia seem a bit suss. Any advice?

drifand
14th February 2018, 11:26 AM
I'd like to watch Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger and I was wondering if any of the Super Sentai series are available in Australia, on DVD, Streaming, etc?

I was looking online and found the DVDs/BluRays from Japan are very expensive (Japan seems to be very expensive for disc media) and the cheap ones from Malaysia seem a bit suss. Any advice?

Problem with cheap ones from Malaysia is the poor English dubbed language. It gets funny. lol

I think if you were in Malaysia though there are decent Blueray or DVD ones in Jap. Is just you need to know where to look for them.

G1Optimal
17th February 2018, 04:16 PM
Breaking News

Hasbro is now making power ranger toys after saban severed ties with bandai america.
https://www.powerrangersnow.com/hasbro-wins-power-rangers-toy-license/

But, this dose not affect the super sentai and bandai japan

And according to that article hasbro ceo and saban are close friends.

drifand
17th February 2018, 08:44 PM
Breaking News

Hasbro is now making power ranger toys after saban severed ties with bandai america.
https://www.powerrangersnow.com/hasbro-wins-power-rangers-toy-license/

But, this dose not affect the super sentai and bandai japan

And according to that article hasbro ceo and saban are close friends.

May not be a good thing. Eventually Disney will own it.

FatalityPitt
17th February 2018, 09:08 PM
May not be a good thing. Eventually Disney will own it.

From memory, Disney did own the rights to Power Rangers at some stage (between Power Rangers Wild Force and Dino Thunder)

DELTAprime
18th February 2018, 12:36 AM
I have no problem with Disney owning all the stuff I like as they have been great stewards for Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars so far. If Hasbro bought Power Rangers completely and then Disney bought Hasbro I'd be cool with that.

drifand
18th February 2018, 12:39 AM
I have no problem with Disney owning all the stuff I like as they have been great stewards for Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars so far. If Hasbro bought Power Rangers completely and then Disney bought Hasbro I'd be cool with that.

they be owning Netflix, and EVERYTHING in case you have not noticed.

Other
18th February 2018, 01:43 PM
Disney owns nothing of Netflix and is busy pulling it's properties from it as it sets up it's own competitor to it.

G1Optimal
19th February 2018, 09:34 AM
From memory, Disney did own the rights to Power Rangers at some stage (between Power Rangers Wild Force and Dino Thunder)

Actually, wildforce to rpm

DELTAprime
2nd May 2018, 12:11 PM
Hasbro just spent over half a billion dollars to own Saban and the Power Rangers. I'd love to have a MMPR X Transformers line.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/05/01/hasbro-acquires-power-rangers-sabans-brands-363222

FatalityPitt
2nd May 2018, 07:19 PM
Hasbro just spent over half a billion dollars to own Saban and the Power Rangers. I'd love to have a MMPR X Transformers line.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/05/01/hasbro-acquires-power-rangers-sabans-brands-363222

This is going to be interesting. From my understanding, Power Rangers is basically the western adaption of Super Sentai, which is owned by Bandai.

EDIUT: Whoops, just looked it up. Super Sentai are owned by Toei. Ignore me.

DELTAprime
2nd May 2018, 11:54 PM
So I just looked up what Hasbro gets with their deal for Saban. Some sites have been saying that Hasbro will get the rights back to the 2001 Transformers RID, however that was sold by Saban to Disney long ago and thus Hasbro would have to work out a deal with Disney not Saban to get RID. Bummer.:(

kovert
28th August 2019, 05:26 PM
Is anyone here collecting Power Rangers Lightning Collection?

Golden Phoenix
28th August 2019, 11:00 PM

I bought the Lord Zed figure. Seems pretty decent. I got him because he will scale well with the S.H.Figuarts Power Ranger figures I have. I have been eyeing off the Goldar figure too.

I'd be interested in the Lord Drakon and the Ranger Slayer figure depending on how they look.

kovert
29th August 2019, 05:39 PM
I read that Goldar is a store exclusive in the US. Is that right?

Have the White Ranger so far. The double-jointed elbows are a welcome feature.

Not familiar with Ranger Slayer. Did a quick image search - the costume looks cool!

Omega Metro
29th August 2019, 05:46 PM

I was but too many exclusives so they can stick it.

Maruten
30th August 2019, 02:08 PM
I'm hoping to pick up a few - definitely the Ranger Slayer, and anyone else who looks particularly cool. Is any store in Australia stocking them?

kovert
30th August 2019, 05:35 PM
Too many exclusives makes it difficult for collectors Down Under. Although I haven't seen any regular release figures in physical stores either. Toymate should have them in-store, according to their website.

Gehirn
5th March 2020, 03:02 PM
Kmart has listed the lightning collection online.
https://www.kmart.com.au/product/power-rangers-lighting-collection-figure---assorted/2903342

kovert
5th March 2020, 05:39 PM
Pleased Kmart is stocking the Lightning Collection. Hopefully they'll sell well enough to justify stocking the upcoming waves.

Fungal Infection
26th June 2020, 09:21 PM
Anyone seen a Lightning Collection Morphin' Yellow Ranger in shops or online recently?

nalops
26th June 2020, 09:27 PM
Anyone seen a Lightning Collection Morphin' Yellow Ranger in shops or online recently?

The only ones I've seen are the wave after (Morphin Blue, Time Red etc)

Gehirn
26th June 2020, 11:41 PM
I've been searching for it too for awhile and haven't seen it anywhere local online. Thinking I may have to get it from overseas.

kovert
30th June 2020, 09:03 PM
Have also been looking for the Lightning Collection Mighty Morphin' Yellow Ranger. The physical stores seem to have skipped a wave or two. Doesn't appear to be available from Australian online retailers either (probably because of its popularity).

Gehirn
19th July 2020, 12:05 PM
Anyone have a source for the Psycho Ranger 5 pack?

nalops
19th July 2020, 12:10 PM
Anyone have a source for the Psycho Ranger 5 pack?

They're Amazon exclusive in US so they might show up on the Amazon AU site like Alternate Universe Optimus Prime did.

Gehirn
1st August 2020, 08:38 PM
The Psycho Rangers box set is on Amazon now. $154 works out pretty well.

Golden Phoenix
1st August 2020, 08:44 PM

AAAaaaaannnnddd Bought.

Was waiting for these guys to come out. They look sick.

nalops
1st August 2020, 08:53 PM

Oh nice! Seems like Amazon US items have a good chance of becoming available here.

Gehirn
17th September 2020, 02:20 PM
Incase anyone is still looking Amazon has the Yellow Ranger instock $34.88 + shipping/ or free with $49 order.
https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B084PQ6Q54/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DELTAprime
10th February 2022, 10:58 PM
I got an email from EB Games saying that they have this MMPR Megazord coming.

I'm not really a fan of my Bandai Megazord as it's the one with diecast that makes topples easily. What are the chances Hasbro makes a Drangonzord and Titanus for this Megazord?

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/toys-and-collectibles/281268-power-rangers-mighty-morphin-dino-megazord-action-figure-set

Golden Phoenix
11th February 2022, 11:21 AM
I'm not really a fan of my Bandai Megazord as it's the one with diecast that makes topples easily.

It's usually the knees that trip up the MMPR Megazord. It's almost always the weak point. Most of the upgrade kits I've seen for them have a set of blocks to slot around the knees to make them stiffer.

What are the chances Hasbro makes a Drangonzord and Titanus for this Megazord?

If the initial reviews of the figure are good, then almost guaranteed they would release at least the Dragonzord.
I wouldn't be surprised if they already had designs for both sitting there

Gehirn
13th February 2022, 08:16 AM
I got an email from EB Games saying that they have this MMPR Megazord coming.

I'm not really a fan of my Bandai Megazord as it's the one with diecast that makes topples easily. What are the chances Hasbro makes a Drangonzord and Titanus for this Megazord?

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/toys-and-collectibles/281268-power-rangers-mighty-morphin-dino-megazord-action-figure-set
Just a fyi you can buy it elsewhere in Aus for around $275

Deano85
13th February 2022, 04:08 PM
I would be keen on the new Megazord if I didnt already get the last one (then buy a set of upgrade stickers for it)

https://dm2305files.storage.live.com/y4mpIzZ1xpqFumDgblJT2jRQhlbdmY3fxvGgJlaoT8lk-A47r8nCFF6IAA0CUJAgfJBVoRq7vx_l5rmCfRsZSrHRCMVC6rD N3nPytW1lxwIopeXeAR7ORkkG74j8W8U0Fbdhz_SeIgPukNQUu 8iyUVpAHkU0aKDOS-LL7ZgQF8g52i26jqg3C8SNgCHWlBpHyUo?width=945&height=1024&cropmode=none