PDA

View Full Version : RAMBO

Scattershot
22nd February 2008, 06:33 PM
Went and saw it last night. Couldn't wait and boy it didnt dissapoint. I'm a big action flcik fan, specially from the likes of Stallone and Schwarzenegger and this is by far the best action flick in the last 10 years at least! I mean good ol' action, stuff we dont see anymore. So it didnt have to have as much gore as it did but man it made a statement. I loved it. I wanna see it again! Sly's the man!

NEMESIS PRIME
22nd February 2008, 07:46 PM
I loved RAMBO 3, So i might have to see this especialy after seeing the trailer :eek:

GoktimusPrime
22nd February 2008, 09:18 PM
Heh... in Japanese 'rambo' means violence. ;)

MV75
22nd February 2008, 09:45 PM

And in english rambo means "gunna pull out your throat, chop off your head and disembowel you".

Definitly worth sitting through it for the big fight about 3/4 way through or so.
________
HEMP MARIJUANA (http://marijuanahemp.com)

STL
22nd February 2008, 10:10 PM
I'm seeing this tmrw probably. My gf's friend didn't think much of it so Im not sure what to expect

autobreadticon
22nd February 2008, 10:26 PM
i like how you said "I mean good ol' action, stuff we dont see anymore" , i miss those kinds of movie since die hard 4 to me wasnt that great...

MV75
22nd February 2008, 10:41 PM
i like how you said "I mean good ol' action, stuff we dont see anymore" , i miss those kinds of movie since die hard 4 to me wasnt that great...

Yea, no apple guys in this one to ruin it.

If you love seeing splatter, limbs being blown off and cut off, heads vanishing while looking in sniper scopes, and seeing daylight through huge holes blasted in people (watch the part when he's shooting at the boat carefully), and people just red misting, then you'll love this.
________
Extreme q vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/extreme-q-vaporizer.html)

GoktimusPrime
23rd February 2008, 08:14 AM
violence aside, what's the story like?

MV75
23rd February 2008, 09:13 AM
violence aside, what's the story like?

Sort of like an almalgamation of parts 2&3 with more guts involved is the best description I think. That's how I saw it as. I was seeing both of those movies in this one.
________
Genetically Modified Food (http://gmfoods.info/)

roller
23rd February 2008, 09:24 AM
man im still waiting for a stallone, Van damn, Schwaznegger movie

iz good to see stallone back in action!!!

Adriannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

springah
23rd February 2008, 10:20 AM

Jesus, Gok.

kup
23rd February 2008, 10:19 PM
I saw Rambo.

I was very impressed with it. It is a very 80s style action.

Story wise it is nothing spectacular but it suits the movie perfectly. Its right to the point and its mostly about atmosphere. You won't see stupid Hollywood 'humor' here or cartoony actions scenes in which people survive explosions, car crashes and gun wounds without consequences. It is realistic action, at least by Hollywood modern standards.

The movie also does an excellent job of not 'sugar coating' elements in the movie, as I said before people are shot and killed, no cartoony action. Also the movie very much highlights the horror and injustice the people of Burma live with under a corrupt military regime and its not politically correct or anything about it, very unashamedly 'in your face' and I appreciate that.

The gore in the movie is not stupidly unrealistic as in typical modern day Hollywood. When the army begins to mortar a village, it is very graphic and realistic without exaggeration or toned down censoring. Its been a long time since we get a movie such as this that does not try to mask the horrors of the world or events. Stallone deserves credit for making an action movie that's not just violent for the sake of violence, there is purpose for it here as the most violent scenes are shockingly realistic and truly grabs you at an emotional level as this sort of thing is actually happening in Burma at the present time.

Overall, the best Action movie of its type that I have seen in over 10 years. Very well done Mr Stallone!

Stallone could teach Bay a thing or two on how to do an action scene :)
________
IPHONE GAMES (http://macgame.org)

MV75
23rd February 2008, 10:56 PM

They just need to find a way for transformers to bleed......

And I liked it when the reality hit the "violence is never a solution" missionaries. :D They were pretty quick to forget that load and smash people to death with rocks and whatever else was handy.
________
Volcano Classic Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

Pulse
24th February 2008, 12:19 AM
I remember the rumour for this movie's early plot was that Rambo was gonna parachute into the Afghanistan Mountains & personally kill Bin Laden...

Damn you US Military letting real life get in the way of a cool violence-filled two hours of make believe :mad:

Oh, & I'll be watching it Tuesday night - can't wait

Soundwarp
24th February 2008, 07:18 AM
Wooooooooooooooo

LOVED IT!

I was really worried that it would be unbeleivable like most other Hollywood action movies, but they must have had a millitary person to advise them that Grenades don't blow everything up.
Gory yes but i like that.

9.5/10

I saw Rambo.

The gore in the movie is not stupidly unrealistic as in typical modern day Hollywood. When the army begins to mortar a village, it is very graphic and realistic without exaggeration or toned down censoring. the most violent scenes are shockingly realistic

What do you compare it to?
Are there mortar videos out there?

I ask because i'd love a link to some please?

Scattershot
24th February 2008, 07:45 AM
I saw Rambo.

I was very impressed with it. It is a very 80s style action.

Story wise it is nothing spectacular but it suits the movie perfectly. Its right to the point and its mostly about atmosphere. You won't see stupid Hollywood 'humor' here or cartoony actions scenes in which people survive explosions, car crashes and gun wounds without consequences. It is realistic action, at least by Hollywood modern standards.

The movie also does an excellent job of not 'sugar coating' elements in the movie, as I said before people are shot and killed, no cartoony action. Also the movie very much highlights the horror and injustice the people of Burma live with under a corrupt military regime and its not politically correct or anything about it, very unashamedly 'in your face' and I appreciate that.

The gore in the movie is not stupidly unrealistic as in typical modern day Hollywood. When the army begins to mortar a village, it is very graphic and realistic without exaggeration or toned down censoring. Its been a long time since we get a movie such as this that does not try to mask the horrors of the world or events. Stallone deserves credit for making an action movie that's not just violent for the sake of violence, there is purpose for it here as the most violent scenes are shockingly realistic and truly grabs you at an emotional level as this sort of thing is actually happening in Burma at the present time.

Overall, the best Action movie of its type that I have seen in over 10 years. Very well done Mr Stallone!

LOL! I jsut read this post over at Don Murphy's board a second ago! Thought it was the same Kup, now I know for sure!

kup
24th February 2008, 09:29 AM
What do you compare it to?
Are there mortar videos out there?

I ask because i'd love a link to some please?

Well you don't need a lot of imagination to know how much damage mortar shells can do to humans. However it is very common in Hollywood to have people walk away from such explosions which just mud and scratches to show for it which is silly and wrecks my suspension of believe.

LOL! I jsut read this post over at Don Murphy's board a second ago! Thought it was the same Kup, now I know for sure!

Yep, that's me.
________
Ford atx transmission (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_ATX_transmission)

Soundwarp
24th February 2008, 12:53 PM
So you haven't seen it then, ok.

STL
25th February 2008, 02:04 AM
I saw it last night and was pretty impressed. What surprised me though was the "layers" that were present.I just don't remember Rambo ever being so deep and meaningful. My childhood memories of full on action and tough talk. Very good fun flick nonetheless.

Soundwarp
25th February 2008, 06:19 AM
There was a scene though when he got hte necklace from the girl, he did the exact same thing in Rambo II i think. That girl ended up dying on the rocks.

Scattershot
25th February 2008, 06:46 PM
I love how he came full circle, pretty much to where it all began. Great touch.

Soundwarp
26th February 2008, 06:09 AM
I love how he came full circle, pretty much to where it all began. Great touch.

+1

Pulse
26th February 2008, 09:54 PM
I just saw it tonight ($9.50 - not bad ay) & I have to say, no wonder it was R rated. Compared to the last movie made in the 80s, it seemed pretty gruesome at times (particularly when the village got attacked). I could definitely see a lot of people getting shocked at some of the scenes but only a true Rambo fan would appreciate it for what it was. There was only one flashback scene, some plotholes (how did the priest get to him in the middle of the Burmese jungle?) & I thought that it seemed pretty short for a movie made in 2007/2008.

Compared to Stone Cold's "The Condemned", it matched up pretty well for storyline & violence. Overall - it was good, not great, but I wouldn't really go out of my way to watch it again.