PDA

View Full Version : Lay buy

blackoptimus
23rd August 2009, 02:50 PM
How does lay buy work? Do I just name the transformers I want at Big W and link my account to them so they can take $50 bucks out a week until it's all payed of or what?

MV75
23rd August 2009, 02:53 PM
You walk into the store, get the items you want, take them to the lay-by counter, then they'll get your details, deposit and add a ~$2 fee to it.

You then have to go into any bigw with your docket at any register and make a payment at least once a fortnight. The amount is up to you to budget it out to fit within the lay-by period. You could pay $5 one time, then $500 the next. As long as you pay it off at lay-by ending.

There are also time limits to the overall length of lay-by too.

1AZRAEL1
23rd August 2009, 03:08 PM
Usually 2 months is the limit, most places are like that, that I have used anyway.

blackoptimus
23rd August 2009, 03:18 PM
You walk into the store, get the items you want, take them to the lay-by counter, then they'll get your details, deposit and add a ~$2 fee to it.

You then have to go into any bigw with your docket at any register and make a payment at least once a fortnight. The amount is up to you to budget it out to fit within the lay-by period. You could pay $5 one time, then $500 the next. As long as you pay it off at lay-by ending.

There are also time limits to the overall length of lay-by too.

Can't they deduct money from my bank account every week?

nettie!
23rd August 2009, 04:11 PM
Can't they deduct money from my bank account every week?
No. They cannot.

You then have to go into any bigw with your docket.
No. You must go to the store which your layby is at. bigw, target and kmart all have single store layby systems. you cannot put your layby on at store A and make payments at store B, they will not have your layby details.

find the stock you want on the selling floor, take it to the layby counter, the layby attendant will enter your details into their system and issue you a layby card (some stores will request a drivers license or id).
As well as your layby card, which has your personal and layby details on it, you will receive your layby docket which is similar to a receipt but used to document your payments and make things alot easier.
if you lose your layby docket, the details are on your layby card BUT some stores will only issue you a reprint if you provide id

Laybys are generally 8 weeks (target, kmart, bigw)

layby fees are
bigw $2
target $2.50
kmart $3

need to leave a 10% deposit

make fortnightly payments

any other questions?

Nettie (layby supervisor :D )

yukitora
25th August 2009, 11:44 AM
yes, you have to get off you ass to make this work! I'm a fan of lay-by, if i could peut a house n lay-by i would! i had Masterpeice Optimus on lay-by, and the Bumblebee bike! just dont lay-by when there is a toy sale on. you might get lost in the lines! have fun newbie!