PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Wildman is back.

griffin
28th August 2009, 11:15 AM
For those who loved the artwork of this late Gen1 Comic artist, IDW have apparently signed him up to do six 'iconic' comic covers for them. No details yet of what and when, but could be posting them up on his website as they get done (for fan comments).

http://wildwords.wordpress.com/2009/08/25/transformation/

AussieJason
29th August 2009, 05:22 PM
Should be good, look forward to them.

Geoff Senior was my favourite though.

SMHFConvoy
29th August 2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah! IDW I wanna see Geoff Senior on some Transformers comics again!

heroic_decepticon
29th August 2009, 06:16 PM
I just hope he draws in his late Gen 1 style. His style in Dreamwave's War Within was honestly pretty disappointing (in relation to his Gen 1 style)

Should be good, look forward to them.

Geoff Senior was my favourite though.

+1

Yeah! IDW I wanna see Geoff Senior on some Transformers comics again!

+1

GoktimusPrime
29th August 2009, 11:01 PM
His style in Dreamwave's War Within was honestly pretty disappointing (in relation to his Gen 1 style)
Still looked a helluva lot better than this (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/b/b1/AHM-13_Prime_mouth.jpg)! ;)

SMHFConvoy
30th August 2009, 02:17 PM
I just hope he draws in his late Gen 1 style. His style in Dreamwave's War Within was honestly pretty disappointing (in relation to his Gen 1 style)

I read somewhere that Wildamn drew the War Within mini that way because Dreamwave comics told him to. Which is why it looked so un-Wildman

Sam
30th August 2009, 10:15 PM
I read somewhere that Wildamn drew the War Within mini that way because Dreamwave comics told him to. Which is why it looked so un-Wildman

Yes, he had to follow the "in-house" style for Dreamwave, which basically copies Pat Lee's style.

I have seen a couple of Wildman's pencilled pages before, and I must say they are quite good.

Which reminds me ... does anyone know of any internet site that has links to all the various TF artists' work?

heroic_decepticon
30th August 2009, 11:54 PM

Ah, that would explain it. DW's pretty stifling in that regard huh...

Lord_Zed
31st August 2009, 01:35 PM

+1

I agree completely

i_amtrunks
31st August 2009, 01:54 PM
Wildman circa G1 art= gimme gimme gimme
Wildman WW art= ill wait and see about it.