PDA

View Full Version : August Hasbro Q&A answers.

griffin
28th August 2009, 11:48 AM
Not sure why there is an August round, because there was just one in July. Perhaps it's to keep to the 6-per-year schedule, and they had a 3 month gap at the beginning of the year. Either way, I fear that our own 'September' submission may not be answered until October if Hasbro US don't want to deal with our 'global' questions until the next global round.

Anyway, the archive link for August Q&A can be found here (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hasbro_Q%26A/August_2009).

jaydisc
28th August 2009, 03:41 PM
They're really pushing the fact that Universe died when ROTF came out. But they're still releasing things in Universe packaging!! Anyway, they do keep saying that the intentions behind Universe will continue in the future, despite the departure from the line name. Perhaps "Classics" will return? :D

Other good tidbits:

Hasbro: We certainly have full intentions of releasing all three of the motorcycles with the third motorcycle being Elita-1. All three motorcycles will combine together and we plan to release instructions on how to achieve this combination when the time comes.

Preserve: Possbility of a RotF Ravage figure in Legends scale?

Hasbro: Definitely very strong!

It is not fair for legitimate businesses to pay to be a part of the franchise while others profit without the same requirements.

Paulbot
28th August 2009, 04:03 PM
they do keep saying that the intentions behind Universe will continue in the future, despite the departure from the line name. Perhaps "Classics" will return? :D

I read...

However, the design intentions behind the Universe line, such as
reimagining our heritage characters, will continue in some form or fashion
in the future."

... and hear another "ten more red trucks named Optimus Prime, 8 more jets named Starscream, etc" :rolleyes:

They could also mean the element of Classics/Universe 2.0 people tend to overlook: repainting old toys and giving them the names of different old characters.

(More new toy classics would be good if they happened)

reillyd
28th August 2009, 07:05 PM
As for your specific question, we certainly understand the request for specific customizing kits and are considering the best manner to move forward with this request. "

I smell a "deal" being made for licensing official add-on products in small runs, like the "garage kits" Takara sometimes does.

kup
29th August 2009, 10:13 AM
I have a feeling that their idea of 're-imagining heritage characters' is more like nameslaping into a new franchise or G1 'inspired' recreations such as Animated characters rather than a new toy directly based on G1 characters like Classics/Universe.

There are also a lot of template copy&paste answers.

Gutsman Heavy
29th August 2009, 04:30 PM
I honestly think the new "universe" of what ever it come out as will be like this:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=22370

classic style bots with a splash of movie aesthetics.

My theory is further backed (IMO) by the new bludgeon that is in a "universe style" yet to me looks like it'll fit right in with that new style breakdown up there

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=12027