PDA

View Full Version : Target 30% of GI Joe 10the of September

Lord_Zed
7th September 2009, 01:31 PM
Just spotted in a coworkers Target catalogue,Target has 30% of all GI Joe this week starting on Thursday 10th on September.

That's what I call a decent discount, I may actualy get some vehicles now. The Target Exclusives particularly should actualy be affordable now.

I hope the line continues here though, and that they are just scaling back to a stock level more comparable to Marvel Universe etc. Or better yet maybe they will sell well and finally restock with wave 3, while the sale is still own preferably (wishfull thinking, I know :)).

Fungal Infection
7th September 2009, 01:41 PM
Excellent. The Steel Crusher APV is actually tempting at a reduced price. :D

rateeg
8th September 2009, 12:14 AM
thanks for the info man.
id get some vehicles too.

i think they're doing this to clear some spaces for the next wave.
i hope!

Defcon
8th September 2009, 02:46 PM
I might go for the vehicles as well. I am waiting for them to go on clearance actually :D but 30% off is very nice

d*r*j*
9th September 2009, 03:07 PM
...The Target Exclusives particularly should actualy be affordable now...

When Target had it's sale the exclusives were $30 (25% off) they didn't seem to fly off the shelves. I doubt the extra $2 off would make much difference.

Lord_Zed
9th September 2009, 07:50 PM
It makes a significant psychological difference cause it's not $30, and somehow feels less expensive. It's stupid but it's human nature.

In any case I think I only really want the Snake Eyes Bike from the Target Exclusives, and seeing as how I was still umming and ahhing about the whole line when the last sale was on, for me they do feel affordable now.

i think they're doing this to clear some spaces for the next wave.
i hope!

Me to, before we were only one wave behind the US, but were edging toward 2.

d*r*j*
10th September 2009, 10:29 AM
It makes a significant psychological difference cause it's not $30, and somehow feels less expensive. It's stupid but it's human nature.

In any case I think I only really want the Snake Eyes Bike from the Target Exclusives...

I dunno, I picked up the Snake Eyes w/ bike when it was $30... I really like the figure, but it seems like it's not really worth the pricetag. You can get the package, less the bike and the stand, from ebay (chinese seller) for around $15 with free postage.

Lord_Zed
10th September 2009, 01:29 PM
I kinda like the bike, or at least the idea of ninja bikers, however we'll see if I actualy buy it. I need another look at the thing, not to mention all the vehicles before I decide I want any. You've certainly given me pause for thought about it.

Although I don't have that specific Snake Eyes head, I have more than enough Snake Eyes figures, and as I got into GI Joe in the late 80's my favourte has always been version 3 rather than the visored v2, so I'd have to want both SE and the Bike to justify getting it.

d*r*j*
10th September 2009, 06:36 PM
I kinda like the bike, or at least the idea of ninja bikers, however we'll see if I actualy buy it.

Yeah, for me, the majority of the time Ninja Commando Snake Eyes was on the bike. He was posed with his own sword and the sword and scabbard from PPSE. It looks really good as a display and the bike works surprisingly well... but this thing is US$10 in the states... I guess you really have to like Joes in Australia.

Although I don't have that specific Snake Eyes head, I have more than enough Snake Eyes figures, and as I got into GI Joe in the late 80's my favourte has always been version 3 rather than the visored v2, so I'd have to want both SE and the Bike to justify getting it.

I only really collect Snake Eyes' toys as far as GI Joe is concerned and I'm strongly biased towards the classic ninja visor of version 2! This is my modest collection:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/RockNRoll138/greensnarl069.jpg

Lord_Zed
11th September 2009, 12:38 AM
That's a sweet collection of Snake Eyes (and Barbeque??), I do like the 2nd version of the visor Snake Eyes probably my second favourte SE toy to the Buterfly Knives one but I haven't seen it for a decent price yet.

Although like most fans I'm quite partial to Snake Eyes visor, I never was quite sure why he had it, I'd always tend to associate visors with knights not ninjas. I like the way in the movie they made it a techy readout thing. Snake Eyes is clearly a fashion Ninja (he seems to change his outfit every 2 years minimum clearly the most fashion obsessed of the Joes).:D

And I still haven't decided to get the bike SE either, just got Zartan, Breaker and Ice Viper. I collect a fair range of Joe figures (mostly ones that were in the comic) but anything with Viper in the name is a priority. :D

d*r*j*
11th September 2009, 08:58 AM
That's a sweet collection of Snake Eyes (and Barbeque??)

Yeah BBQ is the exception to the rule... his head is pretty close to the version 1 head so he scraped in! I just like the toy, always have.

I do like the 2nd version of the visor Snake Eyes probably my second favourte SE toy to the Buterfly Knives one but I haven't seen it for a decent price yet.

Which one? I'll probably get the Version 3 next. Can usually find that guy for around $15 shipped from ebay.com. Depends on when the next ROC or POC Snake Eyes comes out. I like the knives, but it isn't really nostalgic for me... it would be just to complement the collection.

Although like most fans I'm quite partial to Snake Eyes visor, I never was quite sure why he had it, I'd always tend to associate visors with knights not ninjas.

... sure he is deformed pretty badly... there are a couple of different explanations for this floating around. I never knew any of them when I was a kid, but version 2 is the one I had and I much prefer the visor look to the goggles or whatever. I like the idea that Snake Eyes is a ninja, commando and possibly a knight (?). It's just a cool head.

Snake Eyes is clearly a fashion Ninja (he seems to change his outfit every 2 years minimum clearly the most fashion obsessed of the Joes).:D

A bit like calling Optimus Prime a fashion robot. Except Prime keeps getting killed, so you would expect him to look a bit different. I dunno how you make that dressing gown he wore on the plane in the movie into the staunch trenchcoat he has on his toy... Snake Eyes is just a popular guy.