PDA

View Full Version : First look at EZ/LEG Wheelie & Soundwave?

griffin
9th September 2009, 01:28 PM
Well, it is for me.

A promo image of the 2nd set of JP EZ figures has been released
http://maruzen-toy.com/TF-02313/
Like the first set, these eight will be blind packed, and are set for release in December.

The eight are - Optimus, Megatron, Ironhide, Grindor, Skids, Sideways, Wheelie, Soundwave.

Wheelie seemed to turn out alright for such a small size class, but Soundwave looks a bit of a mess.

These will be released by Hasbro as well, so don't panic. The Hasbro release should be early next year (or maybe earlier, since they are a bit ahead with their movie toy release schedule).

Doubledealer
9th September 2009, 02:18 PM
*drool* Man I want those bottom 4 sooo badly! They all look terrific, although I agree Soundwave's alt mode is a bit odd. Hopefully it'll look better once we have it in our hands. :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th September 2009, 02:57 PM
I think I might panic anyway, haven't had a good panic in a while:p.

I kinda like the Soundwave. I guess the satellite in the movie went through a couple of different modes, so he must be adaptable.

Wheelie, impressive!

Jaisun
9th September 2009, 03:00 PM
This is intended to be free from offense, but can anyone please fill me in why alot of collectors love the Legends class when most of the characters have larger, more detailed/movie-like versions available? Personally they do very little for me (except for getting a few for my 4 year old son), and I completely understand it's all about personal choice, but with so many looking forward to new waves of these little guys, I was wondering if I am missing some hidden appeal? Aside from the obvious fact you can increase your collection count much faster/cheaper than focusing on the more elaborate figures, ofcourse.

Gutsman Heavy
9th September 2009, 03:14 PM
This is intended to be free from offense, but can anyone please fill me in why alot of collectors love the Legends class when most of the characters have larger, more detailed/movie-like versions available? Personally they do very little for me (except for getting a few for my 4 year old son), and I completely understand it's all about personal choice, but with so many looking forward to new waves of these little guys, I was wondering if I am missing some hidden appeal? Aside from the obvious fact you can increase your collection count much faster/cheaper than focusing on the more elaborate figures, ofcourse.

I've recently got into legends, I love 'em cos they are fun! They are a lot like the mini-bots from G1, perfect to play with around the desk. I'm also quite impressed with some of the artistic license used in the scale, like how Mudflap & Skids larger arms are made using the vehicle kibble from the rear of the car mode, ingenious!

FYI I would never buy a TF for number boosting, hell I don't even know how many TFs I got!

Jaisun
9th September 2009, 03:43 PM
I've recently got into legends, I love 'em cos they are fun! They are a lot like the mini-bots from G1, perfect to play with around the desk. I'm also quite impressed with some of the artistic license used in the scale, like how Mudflap & Skids larger arms are made using the vehicle kibble from the rear of the car mode, ingenious!

FYI I would never buy a TF for number boosting, hell I don't even know how many TFs I got!

This is how I feel about the RotF Scout class (very cool little guys), so I can understand that perspective =o) The only Legends I have found myself drawn to so far are Classics Bumblebee and Beachcomber, as I had G1 originals of both these guys as a child, and these are cool same-scale homages. I would also get Warpath and Cosmo, but I couldn't find them anywhere locally. It's nice to see you don't get them for number boosting, and you make good points on their appeal, but for now, I'm happy using RotF Legends as propaganda to brain-wash my son into Transfandom XD (he has BB, OP & SS)

Doubledealer
9th September 2009, 03:55 PM

I love the movie Legends because they look brilliant all lined up in their alt modes. :D

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu332/Doubledealer_83/Transformers/Live%20Movies/movielegends.jpg

dirge
9th September 2009, 04:45 PM
Jaisun, for me it's pretty simple: $7 for a cute little Legends or $50+ for a bigger toy which might well be awful. I've never really been a fan of huge TFs anyway, since they are often laden with gimmicks (and I just don't like gimmicks in general), so I usually enjoy Scouts & Deluxes and pass up a lot of the boxed toys. At $7 a pop I'm happy to collect all the ROTF Legends cast.

TFU2 & ROTF Legends are pretty good on the whole, even of some of the earlier Legends were poor (some of the Cybertron ones were abysmal). So I'm much happier spending $7 on Grindor than on a $50 or so repaint of Blackout, who wasn't that good anyway.

Getting back to the Legends themselves, I like the look of Ironhide - makes more sense in the black of the film. I'm keen to get Wheelie & Soundwave (& Skids and Sideways, when they hit our shores!).

Kyle
9th September 2009, 09:42 PM
Wheelie is awesome. I actually don't mind Soundwave. It seems they might have integrated the poor satellite to his alt mode... :D

Robzy
9th September 2009, 11:03 PM
Jaisun, my sentiments are the same as the others... I never really got them at first a few years ago (I had bad memories of Mini Cons), but when TF1 came out I was very surprised at how good they were! They've gotten even better with ROTF and Universe Classics 2. I find a lot of the newer bigger figures disappointing, but at $7 you can't really go wrong with the Legends (ROTF Megatron being the exception).

Back on topic, I can't wait to get the bottom 4 figures! They look great!

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th September 2009, 03:13 AM
Same boat here. I only grab toys I like. Wheelie will be a better scale than his other counterpart and the robot mode looks more accurate anyway. They are simple, can fit in your pocket and quik to play with for onthe go Tfing. I think thats why I like them, but I dont get them all.

Robzy, its funny, coz I was opposite to you at the start, i LOVED minicons..:o

Autocon
10th September 2009, 02:36 PM
crap if i buy lil devs i will need to buy all of these aswell..:o

Kyle
16th September 2009, 08:45 AM
New pics are up! They all look great:

http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?port=33301&req=PRODUCT&code=tf_m_09_51#

I actually want these OP, Megs and Ironhide repaints more, but the preorder on TW has already closed. :(:o Screen-accurate or not, they sure look pretty. :D

Doubledealer
16th September 2009, 09:45 AM
Wow, that OP repaint is stunning! Is it just me or does Soundwave's alt mode look like an angry monkey child doing a flying ninja kick?? Come to think of it, Wheelie's bot mode looks a bit chimp-like too. Mmm, makes me hungry for some energon peanuts...

Robzy
16th September 2009, 10:21 AM
I may have to reconsider getting that OP now!

Vector Prime
16th September 2009, 12:33 PM
I actually don't mind the Legends class... for me, I dislike the design of the movie characters so it's a cheap way to at least have a version of them in my collection.

It's a lot better than forking over $20+ for a deluxe or voyager sized toy of a character which I don't even like the design of.

I can't wait for these guys to come out... Soundwave looks kinda awkward, but then again, even his Deluxe version looks a bit odd anyway.

Robzy
16th September 2009, 02:15 PM
I actually don't mind the Legends class... for me, I dislike the design of the movie characters so it's a cheap way to at least have a version of them in my collection.+1
That's exactly my attitude!