PDA

View Full Version : PM's site attacked

SGB
9th September 2009, 11:37 PM
The PM's site was attacked earlier this evening.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,28348,26051698-5014239,00.html

However, the article has some facts wrong.

The PM's site wasn't hacked, it was DDoS'ed.

The PM's site was only down for around 5 minutes, not an hour as the article suggests.

I don't think ACMA's site went down at all as during the outage of the PM's site the ACMA site loaded fine for me each time I checked it.

blackie
9th September 2009, 11:41 PM
i love DDOS attacks
such simple fun

SGB
10th September 2009, 12:08 AM
i love DDOS attacks
such simple fun
But highly illegal.

blackie
10th September 2009, 12:11 AM
But highly illegal.

yeah well.. if noone catches you is it still illegal? :rolleyes::p

SGB
22nd October 2009, 01:34 PM
Bumping this thread back up to point out:

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/158647,revealed-how-paranoia-helped-bring-down-the-pms-web-site.aspx

Freakin' hilarious.

On a side note, Rudd had a webchat session on his site this morning. A couple of days ago his site had flagged his govt's internet censorship plans as a topic for discussion on the webchat, but all Rudd said was:

"I don't want to ignore the debate on Internet filtering. Look, I know this is really controversial. But we are trying to get the balance right between maximising individual freedom on the one hand, while protecting young people in particular from the real nasties out there. This ain’t easy."

Then proceeded to ignore the topic completely for the rest of the chat.

Pretty cowardly and hyprocritical.

Watch me place you and ALP last when I vote below the line next election, Rudd.

MV75
22nd October 2009, 10:21 PM
Watch me place you and ALP last when I vote below the line next election, Rudd.

That I'll still never understand. You put these jokers in for a reason, then go and abandon them next election. :D

Kevin Rudd; the fence post turtle.

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd October 2009, 09:06 PM
That I'll still never understand. You put these jokers in for a reason, then go and abandon them next election. :D

Kevin Rudd; the fence post turtle.

Rofl Thats coz they abandon us first.... Whats the point of a govt that doesn't listen to its people.

Does the state exist for us or do we exist for the state?
Thats deep man!

SilverDragon
23rd October 2009, 09:59 PM
Anonymous strikes again!

I'm surprised that the Australian Federal Police are even trying to inquire into Anonymous. The name says it all-they're not a group in the sense that you can shut them down, because they have no obvious identity. They're nearly the Internet incarnate.

Ode to a Grasshopper
27th October 2009, 10:46 AM
That's actually pretty brilliant as far as giving the casual appearance of discussion goes. Pity the whole internet censorship thing doesn't work, and kids always seem to be the first to get around it to boot.
Maybe, just maybe you understand, parents (and schools, though they seem to be pretty on the ball on this one these days) should learn and teach basic internet safety (now Timmy, some people aren't always what they seem on the internet, so don't give out your personal information to people or meet people off the internet without a parent with you...no Timmy, pay attention and stop drinking that gasoline, Transformers drink Energon not gasoline...) and monitor their kids' internet usage until they've got their heads mostly screwed on straight? This nanny-state crap ticks me off.

Kevin Rudd; the fence post turtle.I think it's a combination of three factors: we have a 2 (well, 2 and a half) party system; better the lesser of two evils; and power corrupts. This leaves us with no real third option, so once you've kicked out one lot and the next election, maybe 2, rolls around the other lot's just as bad if not worse. Wash, rinse, and repeat.
And of course money is power so no matter who you vote for they'll all be beholden to vested interests anyway.
Anyone want to join me in forming an anarchist party? "Vote for us and we'll overthrow ourselves!"
Also, I prefer Kaptain K. Rudd for that old time Donkey Kong 2 feeling. Except pirates are cool and, fair shake of the sauce bottle, Kev's a nerd.

GoktimusPrime
27th October 2009, 12:46 PM
Schools are now starting to teach internet safety, which I think is a great idea. :)

SGB
27th October 2009, 04:44 PM
Anyone want to join me in forming an anarchist party? "Vote for us and we'll overthrow ourselves!"
You could always vote for the Pirate Party if they have a candidate running at the next election. :p

I'll probably be voting for the Australian Sex Party. Yes, there really is a party with that name in Oz. :D