PDA

View Full Version : G1 'Season 5' intro featuring Tommy!

kup
12th September 2009, 01:21 AM
Roller will love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbQAfBwqX1I

I just wish there was more of that animatronic Prime :(

Lord_Zed
12th September 2009, 03:15 AM
Argggghh my eyes!!!!!!!!!! :D

roller
12th September 2009, 09:27 AM
dirge typing acitivate:

best_season_ever!!!

and some non believers still don't acknowledge its existence :rolleyes:

12th September 2009, 02:25 PM
lol that would of been the coolest kid a long time ago

mightyant
12th September 2009, 07:56 PM
lol that would of been the coolest kid a long time ago
With a mullet like that who wouldn't be cool?

Is this a legit intro? It looks like a mash of ads and clips :S

mknell
12th September 2009, 08:06 PM
LOL awesome I wanna be Tomy

GoktimusPrime
12th September 2009, 09:15 PM
mightyant: yes, it's legit. This is the notoriously lame 5th US series of G1. The reason why nobody ever talks about it is that it essentially offers NOTHING new. It was 15 episodes from G1 seasons 1, 3 and 4 as well as Transformers The Movie broken up into 5 eps making it a total of 20 eps for this so-called "season." Slap on a so-called "new" intro (it sounds the same as the Season 4 intro mixed with footage from commercials), add a puppet and kid... um... yeah...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_pain.gif

LOL awesome I wanna be Tomy
I'd rather be Takara. Fewer QA issues. :p

SOUNDBLASTER
12th September 2009, 11:46 PM
Lol dont sneak up on me like that tommy i might mistake u for a decepticon and blow your stupid little brains out . :eek:

That would have been funny . :D

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2009, 09:04 AM
DrSmoov and Randall Ng need to make a parody video where this happens! :D

kup
13th September 2009, 10:06 AM
More:

http://www.retrojunk.com/tv/videos/10-the-transformers/3018/#intro

Lint
13th September 2009, 11:36 AM
"I'll be back, to transform your day INTO AN ADVENTURE!"

lulz :D

Linthart
13th September 2009, 11:42 AM
ummm why is it that i've never seen that split second animation of the pretenders? i've seen all the american and japanese g1 series episodes but i dont recall pretenders in american G1?

Sky Shadow
13th September 2009, 11:44 AM
ummm why is it that i've never seen that split second animation of the pretenders? i've seen all the american and japanese g1 series episodes but i dont recall pretenders in american G1?

Any of the 1988 character footage - Pretenders, Double Targetmasters, etc - is taken from advertisements.

Zippo
13th September 2009, 12:10 PM
Awesome, good to see it finally.

kup
13th September 2009, 12:51 PM
They actually went through a fair bit of effort to recreate Prime. Much of the ground looks to be a set with real dirt and rocks brought in and the neck/shoulder 'platform' as well as the head are real (as in not CGI) and so is the hand which Tommy uses to seat on when he is being lowered down.

Sky Shadow
13th September 2009, 01:26 PM
They actually went through a fair bit of effort to recreate Prime. Much of the ground looks to be a set with real dirt and rocks brought in and the neck/shoulder 'platform' as well as the head are real (as in not CGI) and so is the hand which Tommy uses to seat on when he is being lowered down.

Yeah - they should definitely get these guys on board when they make a live-action Transformers movie.

Pardon? They already made one? Two? Really? Sorry, I have this condition where my mind represses anything it finds too scarring. Still, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Dreamwave do with the Transformers licence. And has anyone heard when they're bringing out Transformers: Armada? It should be awesome!

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2009, 02:16 PM
"Who is Shane McCarthy?" ;)

kup
14th September 2009, 01:00 PM

The guy who is challenging Pat Lee's creative position in the history of the franchise and is just as honest too.

Linthart
14th September 2009, 01:16 PM
Any of the 1988 character footage - Pretenders, Double Targetmasters, etc - is taken from advertisements.

i vote they develop series 5 of G1 as their new series :D
they've already got all the characters who were released as toys but not on screen for more than a heartbeat

AussieJason
14th September 2009, 01:24 PM
Yeah - they should definitely get these guys on board when they make a live-action Transformers movie.

Pardon? They already made one? Two? Really? Sorry, I have this condition where my mind represses anything it finds too scarring.

They should have... I actually find G1 season 5 a little less cringe-worthy than the Bay movies.

Season 5 was awful though. What they should have done was to have Tommy running from explosions (with no apparent source) some more, and they would have had a winning formula... What's that ? Oh... right.

Lord_Zed
14th September 2009, 08:12 PM

Yeap looks like classic 60's Dr Who level effects using state of the art advanced cardboard like materials.

I had forgoten there was a series 5 though.

Better get started repressing it now.

Repress, repress, repress,repress,repress,repress,repress,repress,re press,repress,repress,repress,repress,repress,repr ess,repress.

On the upside I feel better about ROTF and AHM now, ....they could have been worse! They could have been season 5. :D

Bartrim
15th September 2009, 03:01 PM

Isn't he the brillant man that gave us the coolest character since Wheelie?:p