PDA

View Full Version : Movie Soundwave with G1 voice!

rampagesss
14th September 2009, 06:15 PM
Don't know if this belongs here but found this on youtube it soundwaves movie voice (Dr Claw) but Modified to sound like the original G1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q2dgEdKOjU&feature=related

I think it sounds awsome!

Vector Sigma 13
14th September 2009, 09:48 PM
+1 to that!

SOUNDBLASTER
14th September 2009, 11:07 PM
What a crack up some of those related vids are :)

Adzma
14th September 2009, 11:28 PM
What Soundwave should've sounded like in the movie.

Robzy
15th September 2009, 12:56 AM
Awesome!!!

Why, oh why, did he not sound like this in the film???...

Apart from the obvious reason that Michael Bay knows nothing about these "Transformables" things! :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2009, 11:31 AM
Actually, it's because the Dr Claw voice is actually how Frank Welker originally intended for Soundwave to sound like. Welker never liked how they digitised his voice for the G1 cartoon. So as far as Frank Welker is concerned, ROTF Soundwave _is_ how G1 Soundwave should have sounded like. In the G1 episode "Roll For It" there's one brief moment where Sunbow have accidentally left Welker's voice undigitised in Soundwave says, "Excellent Ravage" in the Dr Claw voice.

So I'm not a fan of this video because it kinda defeats the whole purpose of what Welker was doing in terms of restoring "purity" for Soundwave's voice.

1AZRAEL1
15th September 2009, 12:01 PM
Actually, it's because the Dr Claw voice is actually how Frank Welker originally intended for Soundwave to sound like. Welker never liked how they digitised his voice for the G1 cartoon. So as far as Frank Welker is concerned, ROTF Soundwave _is_ how G1 Soundwave should have sounded like. In the G1 episode "Roll For It" there's one brief moment where Sunbow have accidentally left Welker's voice undigitised in Soundwave says, "Excellent Ravage" in the Dr Claw voice.

So I'm not a fan of this video because it kinda defeats the whole purpose of what Welker was doing in terms of restoring "purity" for Soundwave's voice.

Well said.
I do remember that episode as well.

I prefer his voice to sound like Welker wanted it anyway.