PDA

View Full Version : RotF Bonanza! - Lots of updated toy pics & 1 or 2 new ones

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd September 2009, 11:02 AM
Link (http://www.tformers.com/transformers-upcoming-revenge-of-the-fallen-figures-bludgeon-black-soundwave-more/12367/news.html)

Not sure why Knock Out is in there, but there are updated/clear images of Bludgeon, Rambohide, Dirge, a black Movie1 Landmine repaint (Armorhide), a Mudflap repaint, the 4 new Scouts ('Wideload' and 'Sonar' for the Rollbar and Depth Charge repaints, Nightbeat is a G2-esque garish interesting aquamarine colour), one more Cannon 'bee repaint (with battle mask), Legends Soundwave, and more awesomely another black Soundwave repaint!

I don't have a Soundblaster so if Blackwave sees a mass release I'll buy him, though he's in a 2-pack so it'll be waiting for sales/clearance. Might pass on Wideload, though I have been thinking about repurposing Roll Bar to Wideload anyway seeing as RotF Roll Bar doesn't really fit his namesake. Armorhide looks pretty sweet, the colours should work given his mentor-protege relationship with Ironhide. Knightboat Sonar is looking awesome, Dirge seems pretty sweet, Bludgeon and Rambohide are still must-buys.

Doubledealer
22nd September 2009, 12:00 PM
Man, Dirge looks unbelieeeeevable! :eek: On the opposite end of the spectrum that Wideload scout is dreadful...Looks like it has been sitting in the sun for a couple of years with some lovely yellowing going on. Bleh!

Lord_Zed
22nd September 2009, 01:22 PM
Bludgeon, Brakedown, Dirge an Ironhide look promising, Knight Boat and Armour Hide are kinda nice in a wave mostly dominated by bad repaints. The black theme is suitably movie like. However as these are all fancy Hasbro images I'll wait until I see the real thing before buying any.

SilverDragon
22nd September 2009, 05:57 PM
I didn't get the Landmine from the first film, and I've been annoyed about it since people talk about how awesome the mold is. So, yay, repaint!

Also, yay, continuity headache! 'Cause there was a Scout from the first film line named Armourhide, and now there's another Armourhide.

Vector Prime
22nd September 2009, 07:29 PM
I love the look of Dirge! :eek:
Is it a redeco of an existing mold or a brand spanking new one?

lcz128
22nd September 2009, 07:42 PM
wow - I do like how dirge looks like, and am looking forward to bludgeon too! :)

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd September 2009, 10:37 PM
Dirge is a new mold, hope they do him in Thrust colours someday 'cos unlike Breakaway that mold just screams for Thrustification.

I wouldn't worry continuity-wise, we already had 2 Mudflaps and it's possible this Armorhide is an upgraded form using a pretty sweet mold, what with the similar colour schemes.
Hope they do the old Armorhide mold as a mass release Huffer deco somewhere down the line, Botcon exclusives are a little pricey for my liking.

G1Optimal
22nd September 2009, 10:45 PM
no surprise, about that "D.class Bumblebee"having a battle mask.:D

Knew they would do that eventually. :rolleyes:

Robzy
23rd September 2009, 12:19 AM
Bludgeon and the Legends are the only ones that interest me.

GoktimusPrime
23rd September 2009, 08:36 AM
Also, yay, continuity headache! 'Cause there was a Scout from the first film line named Armourhide, and now there's another Armourhide.
Just part of a long line of such continuity headaches in the movie universe, such as:
+ Two Decepticons named Devastator
+ One Decepticon and one Autobot both named Jolt! The Decepticon Jolt is sometimes known as Dead End.
+ Another different Decepticon named Dead End
...why, it's almost as if Paramount and Hasbro aren't paying attention!! (naaawwwww!) :p

Stompy
23rd September 2009, 09:28 AM
Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon

That's all I want.

Well I lie. I want the Legends and black Soundwave. Is that repaint of Mudflap is perhaps going to have a premium finish? Or is it just the photoshop magic of official piccies?

Bartrim
23rd September 2009, 10:45 AM
Yep put me down as another who is a fan of Dirge and Bludgeon.

fatbot
23rd September 2009, 11:45 AM
Bludgeon is a must for me, he just looks too damn good to pass up, Dirge, Soundblaster Black Soundwave are both maybes, i'm gonna need a closer look st them.

Mecheon
23rd September 2009, 12:57 PM
Just part of a long line of such continuity headaches in the movie universe, such as:
+ One Decepticon and one Autobot both named Jolt! The Decepticon Jolt is sometimes known as Dead End.
...why, it's almost as if Paramount and Hasbro aren't paying attention!! (naaawwwww!) :p

Dead End has 2 bodys just in RotF alone. Both with the same bio, actually... He's also Titanium Jazz in black and red

Most awesome theory I've heard for Deady is that he's actually a body stealing vampire. And well, we all know Movie 1 Devy is actually Brawl and that was a mess up on Bay's end :p

But I honestly just think this Armorhide is a deliberate name reuse, as an update to the old one. He has the same base colour (IE: black)

liegeprime
23rd September 2009, 01:47 PM
Bludgeon, Brakedown, Dirge an Ironhide look promising, Knight Boat and Armour Hide are kinda nice in a wave mostly dominated by bad repaints. The black theme is suitably movie like. However as these are all fancy Hasbro images I'll wait until I see the real thing before buying any.

+1. BLudgeon I will get definitely, but he ends up in the Classics/ Uni 2.0 Shelf as well as Legends Brakedown. They should make all five legends of Stunticons, someone will figure out how to combine them ... into MINIsor!:D

Autocon
23rd September 2009, 04:35 PM
sigh more money wasted...:o

anyone know when the movie line will end?

RageOnTheRoads
26th September 2009, 12:11 PM
Dead End has 2 bodys just in RotF alone. Both with the same bio, actually... He's also Titanium Jazz in black and red

And don't forget his fourth form in the movie comic prequal!

Most awesome theory I've heard for Deady is that he's actually a body stealing vampire. hehe :)

I am quite partial to this one - Dead End in movie verse must be the cybertronian equiverlent of John... or James. If your not a Dead End you're just unfashionable.

As for new figs, Sexy Dirge is sexy. That is all. :D

griffin
26th September 2009, 09:54 PM
Wideload in packaging, and another redeco, a black FAB Sideswipe.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/inpackage-images-of-rotf-scout-wideload-fab-night-blades-sideswipe/17003/

griffin
28th September 2009, 01:32 PM
Another pic of FAB Sideswipe redeco, and a FAB Optimus redeco.
Send in the (redeco) clones...

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/images-of-rotf-fab-night-blade-sideswipe-power-armor-optimus-prime/17038/

SilverDragon
30th September 2009, 06:39 PM
It seems like every Autobot has something going on with a Decepticon now. Bludgeon's being hunted by Ironhide, Armourhide's after Dirge, and now Wideload wants to sink Sonar.

Where is the love?

Lord_Zed
30th September 2009, 07:25 PM
+1. BLudgeon I will get definitely, but he ends up in the Classics/ Uni 2.0 Shelf as well as Legends Brakedown. They should make all five legends of Stunticons, someone will figure out how to combine them ... into MINIsor!:D

You mean Scout class Stunticons right? :)

I'm not sure which shelf I'd place Dead End, Brakedown and Drige on, their colours say Classics, but the style of the sculpts say movie. Maybe I need a shelf for a Transformers mergeverse.

FFN
1st October 2009, 12:38 AM
...why, it's almost as if Paramount and Hasbro aren't paying attention!! (naaawwwww!) :p Except Movie Armorhide and ROTF Armorhide are most likely meant to be the same character, hence their similar bios (violent jerks) and colour schemes.