Time to stock up guys - joes are 40% off this week. That means:

Target Exc. vehicle/figures - $24
Figures - $10.70
Gunship/APV - $36
Large fighter jet - $56

So glad I held off when they had their 30% off sale. :D

llamatron
25th September 2009, 05:21 PM
If someone in Perth finds a Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes (is it even out here yet?) plz pick it up!

Lord_Zed
25th September 2009, 06:33 PM
So that means the next sale should be 50% off. :D

Either way nice discount, all these sales are pushing what was meant to be a small collection up to a decent sized one.

I wish Target would restock though, the ones round here are pretty much limited to wave one that EVERY store has, and all the more interesting or latter wave figures are gone.

Still perhaps I will get that lesser wave one Baroness.

rateeg
26th September 2009, 01:03 AM
haha they're clearing the shelves again. :)

Fungal Infection
26th September 2009, 10:42 AM
So that means the next sale should be 50% off. :D

Either way nice discount, all these sales are pushing what was meant to be a small collection up to a decent sized one.

I wish Target would restock though, the ones round here are pretty much limited to wave one that EVERY store has, and all the more interesting or latter wave figures are gone.

Still perhaps I will get that lesser wave one Baroness.

Well, with the sale, I got the Steel Crusher (highly recommended), Snake Eyes/Arashikage Bike, Destro and the all the viper troops except Elite which with the exception of the Steel Crusher I never had any intention of doing so. Still thinking about the Cobra Gunship but the Steel Crusher already takes up considerable space on display so I'm hestitant. Which figures you looking for Z? If you're are thinking of attending the meet next week, I could grab them for ya and you can pay me back then.

Lord_Zed
26th September 2009, 01:41 PM
The Steel Crusher is pretty good, admitedly I payed $40 for it last sale, its not worth $60 though.

I went today, pretty much every action figure movie tie in line is 40% off. I'm sure some of these movie toys would sell better if every store didn't have the same limited stock.

I bought a few figures I wouldn't pay ful price for though Destro, Baroness, and Desert Duke. Still can't bring myself to buy anymore vehicles though. The Bravo ones have sold out locally, but there sure are a lot of Target Exclusives and Night Ravens on the shelves.

I can't make it to the meet next week. And the only 40%off figures I'm really after is the Elite Viper (which I've never seen on the shelf here) and maybe Lt Stone.

At least until they decide to release Paris Pursuit Baroness, Dr Lewis, kamakura etc etc.

foor
26th September 2009, 05:28 PM
MEH, my target sold out of all Bravos and the last exclusive SE got sold before I could get to it. I just ended up buying some Neo Vipers to build up my army. Pretty sad really...

Lord_Zed
27th September 2009, 12:31 AM
MEH, my target sold out of all Bravos and the last exclusive SE got sold before I could get to it. I just ended up buying some Neo Vipers to build up my army. Pretty sad really...

Not if it means they actualy replenish thier stock with new waves. :D

Here's hoping.

PS: I too was tempted to buy more Neo Vipers, but so far I stopped myself figuring I'll end up with some repaints sooner or later.

Fungal Infection
27th September 2009, 06:36 PM
Well, picked up the gunship today after realising it came with a poor-man's Firefly. Not bad for $36. I've pretty much gotten everything I'd need from the Aust. released stuff bar the Elite Viper (which I have yet to see anywhere). But the Night Raven at $56 is mighty tempting. I've noticed that the figure release is very sporadic when it comes to certain waves. Like the Snake Eyes Paris Pursuit wave I have only seen at K-marts and the RA Heavy Duty wave I've only seen at Targets. Anyone else notice this?

Lord_Zed
27th September 2009, 08:13 PM
I'm waiting for next years Firefly update, Comic pack 25th is my favourte for now

And yeah the sporadic stocking of Gi Joes has been a frustration since the line appeared some 3 months ago now. Collection one wave 2 (Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes wave) has also shown up at Uncle Pete's and just recently Toy's r Us. All 4 waves, Collection 1 wave one and 2 and collection 2 wave 1 and 2 should have come out at about the same time, However most stores seem to primarily stock wave 1 collection 1. it's no wonder that wave shelf warms as every store has them. While the other waves are harder to find and sell out quicker. I haven't seen Cover Girl or Lt Stone for ages now.

It's sorta the same with the Wolverine movie line, from time to time new figures have appeared, but they quickly vanish. While wave one sits on the shelf forever.

Although there's a pic on the card of Elite Viper I think he was pushed back a wave by Hasbro last minute.

foor
27th September 2009, 10:14 PM
I'm waiting for next years Firefly update, Comic pack 25th is my favourte for now

And yeah the sporadic stocking of Gi Joes has been a frustration since the line appeared some 3 months ago now. Collection one wave 2 (Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes wave) has also shown up at Uncle Pete's and just recently Toy's r Us. All 4 waves, Collection 1 wave one and 2 and collection 2 wave 1 and 2 should have come out at about the same time, However most stores seem to primarily stock wave 1 collection 1. it's no wonder that wave shelf warms as every store has them. While the other waves are harder to find and sell out quicker. I haven't seen Cover Girl or Lt Stone for ages now.

It's sorta the same with the Wolverine movie line, from time to time new figures have appeared, but they quickly vanish. While wave one sits on the shelf forever.

Although there's a pic on the card of Elite Viper I think he was pushed back a wave by Hasbro last minute.

I've never seen the later Wolverine lines locally here. We're still stocked to the brim with the old wave, and not the good figures either. Sabretooth primarily pegwarms here.

It's gooten to the point that ordring overseas will actually cost about the same as buying them locally now, with the dollar being good again. Except we really got to buy in bulk to save on the shipping.

I already bought a few Elites and Eels from an overseas trip. They're really good figures and it's a shame we've never gotten them so far.

JustOwen
27th September 2009, 11:06 PM
got 2 Claws today...

Shockwave vs Destro and Tunnel Rat vs Storm shadow.

Lord_Zed
27th September 2009, 11:47 PM
got 2 Claws today...

Shockwave vs Destro and Tunnel Rat vs Storm shadow.

At Target??

rateeg
28th September 2009, 12:20 AM
where?
are they out?

Fungal Infection
28th September 2009, 12:29 AM
I think he means the 25th Anniversary comic 2 packs, probably from TRU.

JustOwen
28th September 2009, 08:18 AM
got those from a friend today.

Shockwave has a lot of accessaries.

Does anyone know how to make the figures to hold on to their weapons?

Defcon
29th September 2009, 08:52 AM
Purchased these from the target sale and my staff discount for about $20 each. Mole Pod, Snake Trax ATV, Rockslide ATAV.

liegeprime
30th November 2009, 01:49 PM
Just got back from Blacktown Target. Bought 2 Night Ravens - $20 each. the figures are priced $6.88 each, the Mole and Rockslide costs around $10. Eels and claw for $6.87 each. Good thing I begged off buying that NR before when it was on sale - now at this price, THIS is a SALE.:D:D:D See, they can discount it for that much, which just doesnt justify initial prices for these toys at all.

Lord_Zed
30th November 2009, 07:18 PM
Just got back from Blacktown Target. Bought 2 Night Ravens - $20 each. the figures are priced $6.88 each, the Mole and Rockslide costs around $10. Eels and claw for $6.87 each. Good thing I begged off buying that NR before when it was on sale - now at this price, THIS is a SALE.:D:D:D See, they can discount it for that much, which just doesnt justify initial prices for these toys at all.

I rather think they can't really discount them to this price normaly. Granted the initial movie prices were inflated much like all other toys these days, but I think it's just cause its clearance prices, and they want the stock gone much like when Target had TF Ultra's for $20

And despite Hasbro saying otherwise, I have my doubts as to wether we will see much new Joe stuff localy, once the shelves are clear.

Nonetheless I hope I can find a Night Raven I'm a not huge fan of the mould but $20 is acceptable.

liegeprime
1st December 2009, 11:28 AM
Well if you cant there's still about 6 in Target Blacktown yesterday..... not a lot of shoppers were minding it.:) Target Blacktown is in Westpoint which is just next to the train station in Blacktown, so easy.:)

Lord_Zed
1st December 2009, 10:27 PM
Well if you cant there's still about 6 in Target Blacktown yesterday..... not a lot of shoppers were minding it.:) Target Blacktown is in Westpoint which is just next to the train station in Blacktown, so easy.:)

Hmmm, let me see If I can source one localy tommorow morning, if not I'll get back to you.

Thanks. :)

Fungal Infection
1st December 2009, 11:22 PM
Speaking of clearances, TRU have a clearance sale on their 25th toys - the vehicle packs (HISS tank, VAMP, Flight Pod/RAM cycle, Tank/Serpentor's sled) are down to $25 each and the comic 2 packs are down to $20 each. No reduction on the single packs but I've noticed 1 store has restocked with the international carded versions (no file card on card back but a folded version inside the pack).

Lord_Zed
1st December 2009, 11:48 PM
Speaking of clearances, TRU have a clearance sale on their 25th toys - the vehicle packs (HISS tank, VAMP, Flight Pod/RAM cycle, Tank/Serpentor's sled) are down to $25 each and the comic 2 packs are down to $20 each. No reduction on the single packs but I've noticed 1 store has restocked with the international carded versions (no file card on card back but a folded version inside the pack).

Oh yeah forgot that, finally grabbed the Hiss tank last week. It's an inconic vehicle, but an average toy so $25 is the max I thought it was worth.

Haven't seen any GI Joe restock though, but if they aren't going to lower the single figures price too then meh, I already got the ones I want.

I'm pretty sure all Toys R Us ROC figures are discounted too, but not to the extent of Target or Kmart.

liegeprime
2nd December 2009, 07:54 AM
ooooh HISS tanks at that price are a bargain! and acceptably priced. If only the local TRU near me HAS any left...:(

Lord_Zed
2nd December 2009, 01:28 PM
ooooh HISS tanks at that price are a bargain! and acceptably priced. If only the local TRU near me HAS any left...:(

Afraid I grabbed the last one on the shelf, only the Trubble Bubbles and Air Chariot 2 packs were left.

However If I see another one I can grab it for you.

I found a ROC Night Raven this morning at Target, so I don't need one anymore, but thanks for offering to grab one for me.

Has anyone seen the Gunship at Target?

liegeprime
3rd December 2009, 09:53 AM
Afraid I grabbed the last one on the shelf, only the Trubble Bubbles and Air Chariot 2 packs were left.

However If I see another one I can grab it for you.

I found a ROC Night Raven this morning at Target, so I don't need one anymore, but thanks for offering to grab one for me.

Has anyone seen the Gunship at Target?

No probs, nah, Im only after the trouble bubble, but not the joe vehicle with it, wish they'd make a double bubble 2 pack.... also am cutting back for now in buying ( granted this NR purchase was an impulse buy:o) my bills have finally come up, just a few days before my holiday trip, sigh, im not gonna have pocket money when i fly :(, rats.

Mecheon
8th December 2009, 12:52 PM

My store had them too

They've got, I think its wave 11? The repaint wave. Cobra Diver, Cobra Trooper, Cobra Commander with red thingajig, Tripwire, Viper Ninja, Python Patrol Crimson Guard (lololol) and one of the Dreadnocks

Lord_Zed
8th December 2009, 01:39 PM
My store had them too

They've got, I think its wave 11? The repaint wave. Cobra Diver, Cobra Trooper, Cobra Commander with red thingajig, Tripwire, Viper Ninja, Python Patrol Crimson Guard (lololol) and one of the Dreadnocks

Yeah appears to be a mix of waves, no doubt made of excess American stock. Some of them don't scan properly either, so I was able to get the ninja viper for $10.

d*r*j*
10th December 2009, 10:54 PM
Just broke my Snake Eyes only rule... and in pretty spectacular fashion.

Got Night Raven for $16,
Destro, Storm Shadow, Neo-Viper and Air-Viper Commando (target exclusive) all for $5.50 each... feels good to shop like an american for once.

d*r*j*
20th December 2009, 12:53 AM
Well today I went to my favorite target and got the Cobra Eel exclusive and another Viper Commando for $5.20 each... Also got another Night Raven, this time they were under $15!

It's a shame that Target didn't really get a good range, I had to get the Ice Viper from Kmart for $8.50.

Fungal Infection
23rd December 2009, 05:14 PM
TRU have reduced the price of all their 25th Anniversary single figures down to $9.99. At that price, half the figures that were on display at my local TRU are already gone. :D

Fungal Infection
23rd December 2009, 06:33 PM
Forgot to mention that if you participate in the TRU survey at www.tru-surveys.com.au you can get a $5 off voucher which can be used on any purchase over $5 (so if you apply it to a $10 Joe figure, you can get them for $5 each). Only catch is you have to have a receipt from your last purchase which has details of the TRU survey on it. But my local didn't ask me for a receipt whan I made the purchase so I guess it depends on how switched on your operator is when he/she is checking.