PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon - I need to trade!

Sleeve
27th September 2009, 02:28 PM
Afternoon all!

I'm wondering if anyone here is a Pokemon gamer and if so are they able to trade via Wi-Fi? I have Diamond and am in need of a couple of characters, specifically:

- Sableye
- Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry
- Houndour/Houndoom

- Bagon

- Tropius

I desperately want the first three as they are the only Dark Pokemon I have yet to get (I train Dark), I'd love a Bagon so I can finish off collecting the pseudo-legendaries, and Tropius isn't a must-have but would be cool if I could get one. Ideally I'd prefer them at lower levels but I'll take what I can. Benefit of breeding, right?

In return I do have a ton of Feebas if anyone is after the elusive little bugger, otherwise just name what you want within reason, anything except the legendaries and one-offs. I tried trading using the Globe thingy but found it ridiculous when I'd ask for a low-level Houndour and the other person would want a level 100 Kyogre or something just as ludicrous. I'm only after the basics, so please make it reasonable.

Cheers!

roller
27th September 2009, 10:03 PM
if i knew how to link mine to the internet id trade ya bagon and Houndour

Golden Phoenix
27th September 2009, 11:57 PM
I can give you any and all of them.

Do you have the TM Earthquake. I need one of them. And maybe some of the useful ones like Thunderbolt and Ice Beam etc
I haven't looked at my Diamond in a while. I should check what other items i need.
I'd ask for a Pokemon, but I have the all already....

Sleeve
30th September 2009, 12:11 PM
Hey guys.

My good man Trunksie came to my rescue with all the wants I have. But Golden Phoenix, if you're needing TM's I have plenty of every one, so just name what you want and I can always attach them to random low level Pokemon.

blackoptimus
30th September 2009, 12:24 PM
WOW, do you guys play Pokemon. Hey does anyone have the 12th Arceus? Also is anyone going to be buy Heart Gold and Soul Silver? If you guys want more stuff so bad just go and buy a action replay (I don't use action replay though)

Sleeve
30th September 2009, 01:45 PM
I have Arceus, but what's the '12th' Arceus?

I am indeed going to buy SoulSilver, just sucks we have to wait until next year to get. Personally I'm still waiting for a Pokemon RPG on the Wii. They already have the battle element and graphics sorted out (Battle Revolution), so half the game is done.

I do also have an Aciton Replay but I only use it for items like Master Balls and TMs, and the special items like Oak's Letter and the Azure Flute. I don't use it to 'hack' my Pokemon like a lot of people do. I have no intention of screwing up my game.

blackoptimus
30th September 2009, 03:02 PM
I have Arceus, but what's the '12th' Arceus?

I am indeed going to buy SoulSilver, just sucks we have to wait until next year to get. Personally I'm still waiting for a Pokemon RPG on the Wii. They already have the battle element and graphics sorted out (Battle Revolution), so half the game is done.

I do also have an Aciton Replay but I only use it for items like Master Balls and TMs, and the special items like Oak's Letter and the Azure Flute. I don't use it to 'hack' my Pokemon like a lot of people do. I have no intention of screwing up my game.

Ok kool. Do you have a second arceus?

MV75
30th September 2009, 09:02 PM
This thread made me check out the latest platinum game. It's great. :) Still just up to getting the first badge as I'm training a magicarp that I hope will evolve to garados, and that should mean that I'd totally destroy rock pokemon. :)

I'll have to buy this one. :)

i_amtrunks
30th September 2009, 09:06 PM
Ok kool. Do you have a second arceus?

Sleeve just said he doesn't hack Pokemons!

Arceus isn't available yet, theres been no event for him, so anyone who has one has hacked it.

Cant wait for Soul Silver, great way to waste 60 hours instead of doing Uni work next year!

swoop
30th September 2009, 09:59 PM
I think he means the arceus that was available when the 12th pokemon movie was released in japan.

i_amtrunks
30th September 2009, 10:14 PM
I'll have to buy this one. :)

If you do, do it before November, there is a wifi event to get shaymin running for Platinum only at the moment. Knowing the way these events run it'll be the only chance you get to nab the bugger legitimately.

swoop
30th September 2009, 10:27 PM
How do the wifi events work?

blackoptimus
30th September 2009, 10:31 PM
I hate how Nintendo teases the fans like this. Realease the games for over 2 years and still no events, not even in U.S. And they give us the crappyest events like lvl 50 darkrai (No event), Rotom event and manaphy egg. All useless, no shaimin or arceus.

blackoptimus
30th September 2009, 10:37 PM

Easy.
Step one: Step up your wi-fi by going into wi-fi settings and linking your ds with your broadband router.

Step two: There is a item in your inventory called pal pad winch has your own friend code in it.

Step three: You get your friend code and you get your mates code and you add each other, sorta like msn.

Step four: Go to the pokemon center basement level and speak to the lady and you can go and battle or trade with friends who are online.

Thats pretty much it. For more questions and enquires please feel free to PM me.

i_amtrunks
30th September 2009, 10:38 PM

All you need is a wireless internet connection. If you dont have one at home, head down to your local Maccas/other stores with free wifi. Wifi has to be WEP.

Then use the mystery gift option from the start menu to accept the gift. You can then pick up the gift from a Pokemart. If you dont have the Mystery gift option, you have to talk to the tv producer in Jubilife city and say certain words, check out gamefaqs or similar for what you need to say.

And I agree Black Optimus, it's pretty stupid to not have a Shaymin available for Diamond and Pearl, 2 years after their release, and make things Platinum exclusive, purely to make people buy the third version.

At least we get events now, befoer wi-fi anywhere that wasnt Japan or the USA got nothing.

Sleeve
30th September 2009, 11:27 PM
Trunksie is right, I don't have a second Arceus because I don't hack my guys. The way I got Arceus was use the Action Replay to 'tell' my game I have the Azure Flute, no different to if I had received it via Mystery Gift in a Nintendo Event. Then it's just a matter of getting him the legitimate way that's built in to the game. Same with Darkrai and Shaymin.

Nintendo are incredibly hopeless when it comes to running Events in Australia. At least these days with Wi-fi there's another way of receiving the event gift so you don't have to go into a TRU just to get it.

I'm happy too knowing the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver will see a totally new game in about two years.

Golden Phoenix
30th September 2009, 11:29 PM
Arceus isn't available yet, theres been no event for him, so anyone who has one has hacked it.

Actually, he was given out in Japan.
If you went to see the 12th Movie you could download it to Pokemon Diamond, Pearl or Platinum
It is special and unlocks an event in HeartGold and SoulSilver

Serebii (http://serebii.net/games/currentevents.shtml#japan-bm-current)has more details

Paulbot
19th October 2009, 01:31 PM
I have to get my game back in my DS and go attempt the final bosses in Diamond. I've been putting if off as I don't think my elite pokemon are quite up to scratch but levelling them up is time consuming.

Why is there no Exp All type item in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl? :(

It has occured to me that if I can't defeat the bosses in Diamond after several attempts I might need to temporarily trade Pokemon with a master trainer (Golden Phoenix I'm looking at you) so I defeat those final bosses.

I never clocked Pokemon Silver as I never got past the elite four in that game (and missed out on the second round of gym leaders in that game). I do plan to get the remake of that game and try again.

Golden Phoenix
19th October 2009, 03:08 PM
The exp-all is now called exp-share. Same thing, but only 1 Pokemon gets to share.
You can either win one from the Jubilife TV lotto or get it off Rowan's aide on route 206

It has occured to me that if I can't defeat the bosses in Diamond after several attempts I might need to temporarily trade Pokemon with a master trainer (Golden Phoenix I'm looking at you) so I defeat those final bosses.

I could give you my big gun, but you wouldn't need anything else

Paulbot
19th October 2009, 03:36 PM
The exp-all is now called exp-share. Same thing, but only 1 Pokemon gets to share.
You can either win one from the Jubilife TV lotto or get it off Rowan's aide on route 206

Yes I've got exp-share (it helped me raise Riolu from an egg quickly) but I miss being able to give all of my characters some exp points using one of my more powerful pokemon out front :)

Golden Phoenix
19th October 2009, 03:38 PM
Yes I've got exp-share (it helped me raise Riolu from an egg quickly) but I miss being able to give all of my characters some exp points using one of my more powerful pokemon out front :)

If you have multiple Exp-Shares on multiple pokemon they all split it.
So you can, you just need more of them

Paulbot
19th October 2009, 03:44 PM
If you have multiple Exp-Shares on multiple pokemon they all split it.
So you can, you just need more of them

Oh! I did not know that... so I have to keep winning the Jubilife TV lotto?

Golden Phoenix
19th October 2009, 03:51 PM
Oh! I did not know that... so I have to keep winning the Jubilife TV lotto?

pretty much. I think you need to get the last 3 numbers or something

i_amtrunks
19th October 2009, 05:12 PM
Diamond and Pearl is only second to Ruby in terms of not enough trainers to re-battle in order to level up. At least there is the vs. seeker, it's very useful if you can find trainers whose pokemon level up a few times when you rebattle them.

If you need a good place to battle wild pokemon, Iron Island is the place to go, you wont get as much experience as victory road, but you wont also have to keep re-healing and reviving as much either. If you have a higher level water or grass pokemon, it makes it really easy with the experience share.

Of course, there are better places to level up after the elite four, but by then its kinda useless in comparison to the game story. :rolleyes:

blackoptimus
19th October 2009, 05:23 PM
I have to get my game back in my DS and go attempt the final bosses in Diamond. I've been putting if off as I don't think my elite pokemon are quite up to scratch but levelling them up is time consuming.

I never clocked Pokemon Silver as I never got past the elite four in that game (and missed out on the second round of gym leaders in that game). I do plan to get the remake of that game and try again.

Dude, it's not hard to complete the game. My best record was 2 weeks to beat the game up to battle tower. BUT BUT, I am a lot different to other pokemon gamers, because most people skip trainers and don't catch much pokemon. With he help of the official prima's pokemon guide, whenever I get to one area, I finnish all the events available there, catch ever single pokemon in the area and lastly get every single Item there and beat every trainer there. Thats why I probably will never NEVER fail at beating the elite four. The hardest thing in the world to do in a pokemon games is getting 5 stars in your own trainers card. I believe it requires beating the elite four, beating battle frontier/battle tower, defeating underground,beat all the contest and finishing every single pokemon on the pokemon dex except for event pokemon (I think you can still get 5 stars if you don't have the info for the event pokemon). Anyways, good luck dude!

Paulbot
19th October 2009, 07:40 PM
My 'elite' Pokemon are: Staraptor Lv47, Luxray Lv46, Empoleon Lv45, Roserade Lv46, Gyarados Lv42, Rapidash Lv45

And my current party I'm leveling up is: Lucarios Lv40, Gaspar Lv40, Murkrow Lv40, Grobat Lv40, Graveller Lv38 + one of the elite with Fly, Surf or Cut to help me get around.

I might head to Iron Island for a little while and then finally make my first attempt at the Pokemon League. That the Elite Four all have Pokemon of Lv50 to Lv60+ makes me feel a bit unprepared!

blackoptimus
19th October 2009, 10:12 PM
My 'elite' Pokemon are: Staraptor Lv47, Luxray Lv46, Empoleon Lv45, Roserade Lv46, Gyarados Lv42, Rapidash Lv45

And my current party I'm leveling up is: Lucarios Lv40, Gaspar Lv40, Murkrow Lv40, Grobat Lv40, Graveller Lv38 + one of the elite with Fly, Surf or Cut to help me get around.

I might head to Iron Island for a little while and then finally make my first attempt at the Pokemon League. That the Elite Four all have Pokemon of Lv50 to Lv60+ makes me feel a bit unprepared!
I hope throughout my talk that you would consider yourself buying a strategy guide book.

Golden Phoenix
19th October 2009, 10:33 PM

Keep Staraptor and gyarados. They are good physical attackers.
Get Gyarados leveld up heaps and teach it Dragon Dance. That move increases its speed and attack. It is good for sweeping if you can get it up and going.
His water attacks will also be handy against the 2nd (ground) and 3rd (fire) Elite 4 members

Staraptor is good for flying and fighting moves. Strong bird for what you can get at that point in the game. He will come in handy against the first guy (bug)

MV75
19th October 2009, 11:13 PM
So what's recommended for distortion world?

I think I'm about to get to it. My best pocket monsters so far are infernape (46), luxray (44) and gyarados (37).

I gave infernape strength and rock climb, so he kills just about everything, and gyarados has surf, so cowabunga dudes. :)

Golden Phoenix
19th October 2009, 11:38 PM
There isn't anything really in Distortion world. Just the Team Galactic boss and Giratina
A decent team of ~50lvl Pokemon should be able to handle them with ease.
And you don't have to catch Giratina there and then either. If you KO it you can catch it in Turnback cave later on

i_amtrunks
20th October 2009, 02:33 PM
Starraptor is an excellent bird, and a damn useful pokemon for the elite 4, he helps take out the bug E4 member, pretty much by himself (if you have him around lvl 60). Watch out for Drapion though, Use earthquake or aterfall from Gyrados if you can.

Keep Roserade for the second elite 4 member, it kills whiscash and quagsire easily. You can also use Gyrados here on the other members of her team, as they are all ground.

Gyrados is also awesome for taking out the fire member of the elite 4. Waterfall the fire members, and earthquake Lopunny and steelix. If you can teach Gyrados Ice Fang, it can take out Drifblim too.

From memory the fourth elite 4 member was a pain, you need strong dark attacks, (I used Torterra's crunch here). Try and keep Rapidash in reserve for Bronzong, who can be painful.

So I'd suggest training up Gryados, Starraptor, Rapidash, Roserade, Lucario and something else (Id suggest a Bronzong if you have the patience, it's a great wall, and can be used to send opponents to sleep, as well as give you time to heal your other pokemon, if not, go Luxray, it's a more than decent pokemon if it has electric and dark attacks) all to level 55 or so. Once you reach the elite 4, you no longer need your HM slaves (good ol' Bibarel was made for that job!).

Goodluck!

Sleeve
27th October 2009, 10:08 AM
I've tried the Wi-Fi in three different Maccas now and I still can't get on with my DS Lite. :mad:

i_amtrunks
27th October 2009, 01:57 PM
the signal strength does vary alot with the maccas stores, I have found the CBD stores usually have a better signal strength.

It's kind of annoying that nintendo's wifi seems to be poor at the best of times

Sleeve
27th October 2009, 02:40 PM
The signal strength is always full when I search for an access point, but as soon as I press accept and it tests the connection it fails and gives error code 53001 which means "The Access Point you are attempting to connect to is not compatible with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, and is likely at a non-partner Hotspot". Nintendo wi-fi is getting dangerously close to being added to The List.

MV75
27th October 2009, 05:45 PM
What connection method are you trying to use?

Get the connection settings from mcdonalds.

NExt, go into nintento wfc on the main menu, then tap the big blue box.

Next choose a profile, the first will do I suppose.

Then enter the relevant information. It can only connect to wep authentication.

Test settings, if you entered it right, it should be good to go.

When you choose to get a gift, choose wfc, not nintendo wifi. EDIT: When choosing gift, choose wireless connection.

Golden Phoenix
27th October 2009, 07:15 PM
Try an EBgames
Some of them have a wireless going. Very few, but a couple in Melbourne to. I figured others might too

MV75
29th October 2009, 07:10 PM
Whoo! Got 8th badge today.

Beat him with luxray, (crunch) monferno, (close combat) and Girtana (shadow strike thing).

blackoptimus
29th October 2009, 10:26 PM
I got my fourth badge today. Can someone please trade me a piplup or a turtwig?

MV75
29th October 2009, 10:45 PM
Don't forget to game link it with a GBA pokemon game. :)

I'm going to get around to it tomorrow.

Can't do that with a DSi as it doesn't have the gba slot.

Check at about page 388 of your prima guide.

Paulbot
5th November 2009, 08:20 AM
Maybe the mods should merge this and the "wifi" events thread into a single Pokemon thread?

Anyway after much putting it off last night I finished my way through Victory Road, fought my rival one last time and tackled the Elite Four. Staraptor and Roserade with assist from Empoleon easily defeated the first two but I crashed and burned on the third battle.

Hopefully I will fare better on my next attempt :)