PDA

View Full Version : MORE G1 Mighty Muggs? Ironhide and Prowl

tinyJazz
28th September 2009, 12:52 AM
As reported here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/images-of-mighty-muggs-g1-ironhide-g1-prowl/17039/), G1 versions of Ironhide and Prowl Mighty Muggs appeared for sale on a chinese auction site, Taobao.
Currently no information on the release status of these two, so we may or may not see them in the future.

Ironhide auction (http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db1-a703147d4ee009451baafb44500419a7.htm)
Prowl auction (http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db1-5c0bc67fb019639984cc6ac36956a3e8.htm)

Wave 3 Mighty Muggs - Jazz, Shockwave and the movie versions of Optimus and Bumblebee - were on display at SDCC this year, but as yet remain unreleased.

You know I'm looking forward to this. ;)

Also: Prowl's face. Ahaha!

griffin
28th September 2009, 12:38 PM
Ah more Mighty Muggs... I was so hoping that that series would just stay dead. :(

rampagesss
28th September 2009, 01:08 PM
well i for one like Mighty Muggs and cant wait for these, they look incredable :D

SGB
28th September 2009, 02:14 PM
Ah more Mighty Muggs... I was so hoping that that series would just stay dead. :(
Any reason why you don't like Mighty Muggs?

GoktimusPrime
28th September 2009, 07:13 PM
My reasons:
+ They don't transform thus are useless for playing with as Transformers.
+ They have limited posability thus are limited for playing with.
+ I don't think they look good; I find Q Robo and Choro Q Transformers cute, I don't really find Robot Heroes cute but they're okay, but Mighty Muggs don't do anything for me. And more importantly...
+ They're substantially more expensive than other non-action figure TF figurines (e.g. Q Robo, SCFs/HOCs, Robot Heroes etc.); for the same amount of money I can buy a Deluxe Transformer action figure which I would find far more satisfying.

JMO. :)

griffin
29th September 2009, 12:12 AM
Any reason why you don't like Mighty Muggs?

Mostly because they aren't value for money - priced as a deluxe just because it is deluxe sized.
I'm also not a fan of 'cutesy' Transformers, as it contradicts the point of them being warring robots.
And they aren't very playable, barely above a statue, despite it being a Hasbro product and not a licensed merchandise item (which non-convertable non-toy products are usually from). Hasbro should stick to playable toy products, and leave the non-toy stuff to license holders.

For someone who tries to be supportive of Hasbro product, these aren't inspiring enough to want to buy (for me).

But my comment in the earlier post was a bit harsh, and not meant to discourage others from buying them, or making anyone feel bad or defensive for liking them.

ecl27
29th September 2009, 05:02 AM
Damn more to collect...I was happy stopping there...signn...

High_Q
30th September 2009, 08:34 PM
I find Q Robo and Choro Q Transformers cute,

Damm right. Nothing beats Choro-Q, not even TFs. :D

GoktimusPrime
1st October 2009, 09:09 AM
Well I was talking about Choro-Q Transformers. Best of both worlds! :D G1 Bumblebee and Cliffjumper transform into Choro-Q cars too. :)

Lint
3rd October 2009, 02:01 PM
They should have made prowls accessory the impressive red head horns :p