PDA

View Full Version : Help a comrade out (wanting to move out)

6gyrating_gynoid9
29th September 2009, 07:22 PM
I really wanna move out of my dad's home since Ive been at uni for some time. I also wanna move out cause my dad a pain in the a**.

Just wanted to find out if other people in this forum have ever done this while at uni (working same time also) and how difficult it would be.

Recommended not recommended etc?

jacksplatt11
29th September 2009, 07:32 PM
I did exactly that, except replace dad with sister and the fact I wanted to get out and live with mates. Luckily for me I work at a pretty well paying job for only ~10 hours a week and I get centrelink, plus a scholarship, so I have no real money worries.

Highly recommended, you can always move home if it doesn't work out

Sky Shadow
29th September 2009, 07:49 PM
I really wanna move out of my dad's home since Ive been at uni for some time. I also wanna move out cause my dad a pain in the a**.

Just wanted to find out if other people in this forum have ever done this while at uni (working same time also) and how difficult it would be.

Recommended not recommended etc?

(Note that since I don't know your specific situation, this is going to be general and you may have specific reasons why the following is not appropriate for you).

I lived out of home throughout my university years. Unless you're studying medicine or planning to live in Palm Beach it shouldn't be difficult at all. Uni is generally one of the least intensive times of people's lives: one has a fraction of the contact hours of high school or a full-time job and about five months holidays a year. And it's not that hard to do well at uni - a job on the side is barely a distraction. Plus you won't be under your dad's thumb and it's a chance to grow and experience new things with different people. The only glaringly clear reason not to do it is if you're saving money for something worthwhile like travelling at the end of the year (assuming there's less/no rent involved in living at home).

6gyrating_gynoid9
29th September 2009, 08:30 PM
so how much hours can I do at work before it starts getting uncomfortable and I cant manage my studies?

llamatron
1st October 2009, 10:05 AM
so how much hours can I do at work before it starts getting uncomfortable and I cant manage my studies?

That is totally dependent upon what you're studying and what kind of student you are...