PDA

View Full Version : HJ's 8XL burger.

griffin
30th September 2009, 01:02 PM
Once again the topic of creative burgers was raised among the people I sit with at lunch (at work), thanks to the release of the XL Burgers at Hungry Jacks (beef, cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce on a bun).

Since the XL Burgers are Whopper sized, instead of Cheeseburger sized like the Stackers Burgers.

The XL Burger on the HJ website (http://www.hungryjacks.com.au/menu_xxxl%20burger).

So the challange was to do a giant XL burger, and I said, ok, how about 8 layers...

They asked, why 8? And I said, it would be like the double-pounder, or Octo-stacker, which are 'popular' amongst gorgers like myself...

The great thing about HJs (called Burger King everywhere else in the world), is the ability to custom make any burger that they have ingredients for. So I asked them for an XL Burger with an extra 7 layers of meat and extra 7 layers of Cheese. The total cost ended up being AU$18.20.

The others at work thought I would just get the burger one day and show them photos.
Instead, I got the burger on the way to work, and had it for lunch (only took about 20 minutes).

http://www.otca.com.au/bb01.jpg

Had to cut it up into 'cake' slices to eat it though...
http://www.otca.com.au/bb02.jpg

My estimation, from the HJ website - the 8XL Burger has about 13,300 KJ (about 3,200Cal) and 230gm fat. To put that in perspective, the average recommended daily intake is about 2000-2500Cal, and 60-90gm fat. That one burger has well over the entire day's calories for an adult, and over twice the fat.

As a disclaimer - as impressively disgusting as it may be, this sort of thing isn't something I do often. I only try these sorts of things once. I wouldn't do, or advocate, a diet of over-sized burgers. You just have to look at those Fat and Calorie figures above, and see that there is no real nutritional benefit within the burger, to know that this should never be part of any acceptable diet.

Fungal Infection
30th September 2009, 01:08 PM
Christ, I love a fat burger myself but thats insane!! The amount of red meat and cheese..... !!! The guys in the office were just horrified to see that!

Gutsman Heavy
30th September 2009, 02:07 PM
enjoy the heart attack, twas nice knowing ya :D

man I'd love to try one, but sadly doubt I'd live through the experience.

dirge
30th September 2009, 02:19 PM
My arteries hurt just looking at that!

1orion2many
30th September 2009, 02:28 PM
:eek:I couldn't afford the extra hours at the gym:p:D

sifun
30th September 2009, 06:00 PM
i need to bulk up

valkyrie_76
30th September 2009, 06:06 PM
Geez imagining that burger going out the other end :eek:

liegeprime
30th September 2009, 06:12 PM
erm so its all beef and cheese, no other stuff like oh I dunno pickles, onion rings, lettuce, tomatoes? I wont be able to make a bite with that high a stack:D.....insured?

Starscream212
30th September 2009, 07:12 PM
WOW! thats huge the best ive done is a Large pounder meal at Mcdonals!

Wheel-J
30th September 2009, 07:30 PM
I just had dinner but that burger still makes my mouth water. I loooove cheese! <drooool>

Just a Friendly Reminder to All our Young Viewers: Kids, don't attempt this at home (or in this case, at your local school cafeteria or fast food store). Leave it to the experts. They are highly trained professionals with a fortune invested in private health and life insurance. :D

bruticus
30th September 2009, 08:07 PM
blahahahaha.....
i'm surprised you didnt accidentally dislocate your jaw when you tried to bite it.

i see this sort of stuff in email forwards all the time from US and europe but i never thought that i would see it happen in australia....
good work mate.

MV75
30th September 2009, 08:19 PM
Griffin does it regularly. :D

http://www.otca.com.au/burger.html

bruticus
30th September 2009, 10:41 PM
Griffin does it regularly. :D

http://www.otca.com.au/burger.html

WTF? :eek: and i thought i was a pig for polishing off a 1kg steak and sides just to have my picture up the hall of fame at hippo creek...

but an 11kg super quad stacker deluxe burger??

thats just insane man!!!! hahahaha... would have loved to have been there to see it in person...

Vector Sigma 13
30th September 2009, 10:54 PM
Bet it tasted nice though!

Sleeve
30th September 2009, 11:13 PM
That.....cheese.......eeeeeew.

Sweet baby Satan, grif! Even I wouldn't eat that, and you know I eat enough for seven people. Even if I wasn't lactose intolerant I still wouldn't touch that.

Golden Phoenix
30th September 2009, 11:21 PM
Oh god. That looks so bad
And I thought the XXL was bad enough

Vector Prime
30th September 2009, 11:29 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (one for each layer!)

mightyant
1st October 2009, 03:42 PM
hahahaha when i was running Maccas I saw this stuff aaaaaaall the time! The weirdest one was a cheeseburger with 64 slices of cheese. Hell we didn't have anything to put it in, and the dude didn't even eat it.

MV75
1st October 2009, 04:41 PM
Oh god. That looks so bad
And I thought the XXL was bad enough

Agreed. Even the "regular" advertisements for it make me sick. Nothing but grease.

Kyle
1st October 2009, 09:30 PM
http://www.otca.com.au/bb02.jpg

Can you ask them to put in extra bread layers in-between the meat layers?

MV75
1st October 2009, 09:39 PM
Homer, don't fill up on bread.

Saintly
3rd October 2009, 08:54 PM
hats off to you Griff...

I had the 3XL last weekend and thought my heart would stop!

Saintly
9th October 2009, 12:16 AM
apologies to griff for thread-jacking....

strangely enough over the weekend I felt the urge abuse my body, so I putting up the ante :D

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6241/05102009008a.jpg

10XL (the CSA thought I wanted TEN XL burgers), ended up costing $22.30. They had to staple four wrappers together and put it in the takeaway bag sideways.

I took it out carefully and took a pic before it all fell over and was careful that I didn't eat the 4 staples as well.

I separated to 3 portions (didn't have a knife to cut) and gobbled it down. Didn't time it but I think it took 25minutes as I spend another 5minutes in the washroom washing the grease off my hands!

I certainly didn't felt like dinner afterwards and washed it down with a can of creaming soda. However I did regain my appetite for supper :D

griffin
9th October 2009, 01:24 AM
Throwing down the gauntlet, ay? :p

mightyant
9th October 2009, 03:54 AM
It probably wouldn't fit after eating that anyway

Golden Phoenix
9th October 2009, 09:44 PM

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Saintly
9th October 2009, 10:29 PM
I don't know about that :)

but the ball is in griffin's court :P

surely we can't die by the XL grease?!?! :D

EDIT: perhaps end up in supersize me 2. ROFL!

i_amtrunks
10th October 2009, 12:22 AM
I dont know whether to applaud or refer you to a doctor... :p

Towers_Spy
10th October 2009, 12:35 PM
Fark... that both amazes and disgusts me... and maybe makes me a little jealous :D
i love a good massive stack, but looking at those 5-10 kg burgers makes my gut hurt! its like, 1/5 of my bodyweight!

Good job though :) quite an achivement! Might want to start thinking about health insurance tho...

Tabias Prime
10th October 2009, 08:37 PM
:D:D BARF :D:D:D

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th October 2009, 11:57 PM
Finally I find something more heart-stoppingly bad than a stuffed-crust cheese pizza with extra cheese on a triple-cheese base.

Rampage
13th October 2009, 01:26 AM
Needs more bacon i think:rolleyes:

SOUNDBLASTER
13th October 2009, 01:33 AM
This thread is awesome :) :D

d*r*j*
13th October 2009, 02:24 PM
When I was a bouncer in South Yarra, a group of 18-19 year old kids used to do this kind of stuff all the time. Back then it was just 6x quarter pounder and cheese kinda stuff. Have eaten many of these things in an entrance to a pub dressed in a suit, all while checking peoples id with my greasy hands. Also had some scary burgers from bbnt's... Used to drive to work eating a hamburger w/ the lot double meat, double cheese, double bacon.
You only die once.