PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro AU Answers for Sept & Oct 2009.

griffin
5th October 2009, 01:19 AM
The AU September questions were held up because of the change in the US submission schedule, but Hasbro AU sent them with October answers (which came back just a day after submitting them). As such, Q4 from September was no longer necessary, but the answer gives hope to those who so far missed out during the recent Kmart sale.

Red lettering is their answers.

September AU Q's
1 - Is Australia expecting to get in the last Animated toys: Activators (Fireblast Grimlock, Soundwave)
We are getting a drop of the latest wave of Activators in November as per below. You should see them in the market by December (most likely through the grocery channels):
Soundwave
Fireblast Grimlock
Armor Up Optimus Prime
Battlefield Bumblebee

Deluxe (Electrostatic Soundwave, Freeway Jazz, Arcee, Cybertronian Ratchet, Rodimus Minor, Cybertronian Ironhide, Fugitive Waspinator) We are looking to do the later waves in the new year – it wont be this year;
Voyager (Goldfire Grimlock, Hydrodrive Bumblebee, Blackout, Wingblade Optimus Prime, Thundercracker) - This year is a NO – we have found it tough to get Animated Voyager ranging for new stock as we have excess stock of the old ones due to retailers moving to the movie stock. We are however looking to do a large drop in the first half of next year on Animated Voyager so this will more than likely include the new characters. I can’t be more firm at this stage until we lock down retailer support however I would really like to do this.

2 - Do we have a scheduled release date for Australia yet, for Legends Class Constructicons, Wheelie, Soundwave, Arcee, Jolt? We are looking to release a Legends scale Devastator in March/April next year as a customer exclusive. TBC. We will be getting the rest of the Legends figures you mentioned early next year.

3 - How have the sales/popularity of the Transformers Brand ranked against Hasbro's other product lines (like Star Wars, etc) in the last year or financial year? Is Transformers number 1 in Australia, or somewhere down the list of Hasbro product lines? Transformers has been hugely popular in Australia in 2009. It is our #1 property and is the #1 property in the boys action figure market. We don’t have data to compare back to the launch of the first Star Wars movies however I believe Transformers to be at least equal to our biggest toy line release.

4 - Is the Large Combiner Devastator set still just a 'direct import' item (mentioned at the AU Toyfair), that we won't see at national chain stores? Because the marketting people at Toyfair were estimating it to retail for $150-155, but Toyworld are pricing it at $180-220. Sorry I took to long to respond…You’ll be seeing Devastator everywhere in the leadup to Xmas!!

5 - It was mentioned that questions should be limited to things from within the last 10 years, but surely records should exist for this one - In what month in 1984 were Transformers toys first available in/to stores in Australia? (so that we can no for sure when the 25th anniversary is/was for Australia) God you really are asking a lot!! You would laugh if you saw our records – its hard enough finding information from this decade let alone the 80’s. Will ask around again for you though – one of the dinosaurs around here might know but I doubt it.

October AU Qs
1 - It was previously mentioned that Kmart were going to be the exclusive source for the Human Alliance figures. Are they still getting them, and if so, is there an approximate month of release? Human Alliance Bumblebee will be released in Kmart in November. Definite. We are also looking to do new waves in the new year.

2 - Will we be seeing the Movie 2-pack 'Back Road Brawl' with Hoist and Mixmaster or the 'War for the Skys' Legends 4-pack? TRU declined the Back Road Brawl pack. We are also not doing the War for the Skys Legends 4 Pck.

3 - Are the Robot Heroes Battle Scene packs going to be released in Australia? NO

4 - Will the new Mighty Muggs be released in Australia, or are they going to be a TRU exlcusive now (as suggested at a recent American Convention)? If anything they will go to TRU however we are having some issues with stock on this line. Cant confirm any more at this stage.

5 - (repeat of Q5 from September).

fatbot
5th October 2009, 03:37 AM

5 - It was mentioned that questions should be limited to things from within the last 10 years, but surely records should exist for this one - In what month in 1984 were Transformers toys first available in/to stores in Australia? (so that we can no for sure when the 25th anniversary is/was for Australia) God you really are asking a lot!! You would laugh if you saw our records – its hard enough finding information from this decade let alone the 80’s. Will ask around again for you though – one of the dinosaurs around here might know but I doubt it.

I find it hard to belive that their records only go back ten years, but why would they lie about that? We have to take them at face value here, they don't need to keep records for more then 7 years, why waste money keeping older records?

.2 - Will we be seeing the Movie 2-pack 'Back Road Brawl' with Hoist and Mixmaster or the 'War for the Skys' Legends 4-pack? TRU declined the Back Road Brawl pack. We are also not doing the War for the Skys Legends 4 Pck.

3 - Are the Robot Heroes Battle Scene packs going to be released in Australia? NO

If i cared for any of these, i'd be pissed. however i don't care for them, so meh. It's a bit of a bugger for those who do want them though.

G1Optimal
5th October 2009, 02:25 PM

I hope, he dosn't mean one of the Dinobot's... :p;):D

Jaisun
6th October 2009, 03:20 AM
October AU Qs
1 - It was previously mentioned that Kmart were going to be the exclusive source for the Human Alliance figures. Are they still getting them, and if so, is there an approximate month of release? Human Alliance Bumblebee will be released in Kmart in November. Definite. We are also looking to do new waves in the new year.

Phew! I can finally stop scouting eBay for someone NOT asking for ridiculous postage for these, yay! =o)

Linthart
7th October 2009, 11:20 PM
well this confirms it, no way in hell im waiting for animated to be released here. import all the way.

Saintly
9th October 2009, 10:22 AM
hurray for legends devastator!

colin78
10th October 2009, 12:19 AM
It's a little odd that they won't be selling the Battle sene packs in Aus...I assume the 2 packs are selling ok, and the first movie Battle scenes were sold here... Guess we'll just have to wait n see... Here's hoping!!

reillyd
16th October 2009, 10:13 PM
Such a shame about the battlepacks. Looks like we'll have to import these ourself. I saw a few on ebay, for $30, plus only twenty something for shipping. Thank goodness the dollar is better