PDA

View Full Version : GI JOE Rise of Cobra on Clearance at Kmart

Defcon
6th October 2009, 01:38 PM
GI JOE Rise of Cobra on clearance at Kmart

Today went into Kmart and saw the whole GIJOE range on clearance!

Figure heroes $5
Figures $10
Vehicles Mole Pod, Snake Trax $15
Vehicles Steel Crusher, Cobra Gunship with Firefly $30
Night Raven $45
Pit $99

Don't know if this is happening in other Kmarts yet or at these prices. But looks to be a phasing out of the line. Same thing happened with transformers universe and animated.

Anyway I bought a Steel Crusher today!! from Kmart Sunnybank.

Also I'm not sure how to do this, or if I can, can the name of the thread be changed to "Kmart Clearance!! all GIJOE ROC merchandise", so it stands out better :D thanks.

I started this thread to bring to attention of others, and so people can assist eachother in finding figures, vehicles etc. that are not in stock at their local Kmart.

foor
6th October 2009, 09:11 PM
Guess we'll never see the later waves at this rate. The line has pretty much just died in it's tracks here.

JustOwen
6th October 2009, 09:20 PM
my resolute Snake eyes..........:mad:

I thought we would get them...

is the joe pit on sale as well?

liegeprime
6th October 2009, 11:34 PM
Cool ill go check my local Kmart tomorrow :D:D Need some Nightravens. Need only Cobras anyways. thanks for the heads up Defcon

Lord_Zed
6th October 2009, 11:42 PM
Guess we'll never see the later waves at this rate. The line has pretty much just died in it's tracks here.

Looks that way, although there is slim hope they may still be released. As Kmart and other stores have cleared Transformers Universe before, then restocked with smaller stock for sales etc. They may yet release them in small quantaties. Also Toys r Us may keep the line as they seemed to have restocked recently, and still have aton of unsold Pitt's. However I would look to getting them elsewhere to be sure. Me I don't know what to do, I like a few of the later wave figures, but not enough to import them I think. :(

rateeg
6th October 2009, 11:52 PM
how much was the pitt at tru?

Deceptic_Optic
7th October 2009, 11:23 AM
how much was the pitt at tru?

$279

Lord_Zed
7th October 2009, 05:30 PM
$279

Really? it was $250 when I scanned it last.

Defcon
7th October 2009, 06:47 PM
updated with the joe pit priced at clearance at $99

I saw one today, I was tempted but walked away. I think I would rather build an army instead. The thing is huge !!!

Deceptic_Optic
7th October 2009, 08:15 PM
Really? it was $250 when I scanned it last.

damn they have gone down!!!

foor
7th October 2009, 11:11 PM
Where did you guys see it for $99? I want one!

Defcon
8th October 2009, 06:18 PM
At Kmart :) but its in Brisbane. There was only 1 and may be already gone anyway. I saw like at least 10 at Toys R Us except at normal price, I bet down the track they will sell them off almost as low as $99.

Deceptic_Optic
9th October 2009, 06:54 AM
At Kmart :) but its in Brisbane. There was only 1 and may be already gone anyway. I saw like at least 10 at Toys R Us except at normal price, I bet down the track they will sell them off almost as low as $99.

hmmm are sure got any proof?

Defcon
9th October 2009, 08:37 AM
Proof ? Well at Toys R Us I looked up and they are on capping the very top shelf. The pits are stacked to the roof along with similarly high stack of night ravens! Maybe they would start at $149 first before going as low as $99. In any case they would have to drop the price to move this stock, but this will likely happen next year :o. I'm basing this on what I have seen happen with large scale toys. The Starwars clone wars ATAT which is a very large vehicle is on a store special of $99, don't know if its in the catalogue. In the past I have seen similar specials offered on the Millenium Falcon. About a month ago I saw Starwars Turbo Tanks priced at $99 at Kmart. These were all instore managers specials, so not every store is going to do this. I don't work for any of these stores by the way. Sorry all I have said sounds very opportunistic, but It dosen't hurt for people to be aware, especially collectors who invest quite a bit of money in toys. Sorry for long post :)

liegeprime
9th October 2009, 08:53 AM
updated with the joe pit priced at clearance at $99

I saw one today, I was tempted but walked away. I think I would rather build an army instead. The thing is huge !!!

Laybuy solves any cashflow probs, at that price Id certainly get one, but I havent been to any Kmarts lately... too lazy to walk :p:o:o

Deceptic_Optic
9th October 2009, 09:42 AM
Proof ? Well at Toys R Us I looked up and they are on capping the very top shelf. The pits are stacked to the roof along with similarly high stack of night ravens! Maybe they would start at $149 first before going as low as $99. In any case they would have to drop the price to move this stock, but this will likely happen next year :o. I'm basing this on what I have seen happen with large scale toys. The Starwars clone wars ATAT which is a very large vehicle is on a store special of $99, don't know if its in the catalogue. In the past I have seen similar specials offered on the Millenium Falcon. About a month ago I saw Starwars Turbo Tanks priced at $99 at Kmart. These were all instore managers specials, so not every store is going to do this. I don't work for any of these stores by the way. Sorry all I have said sounds very opportunistic, but It dosen't hurt for people to be aware, especially collectors who invest quite a bit of money in toys. Sorry for long post :)

Il take your word for it.

Fungal Infection
9th October 2009, 09:30 PM
Saw the Pit at Kmart today, it is indeed $99. Was tempted to grab it but its large size and my lack of space to display/store it held me back.

JustOwen
9th October 2009, 10:24 PM
same thing happened to me yesterday.
The base is just too big.

foor
9th October 2009, 11:59 PM
No Pit at my crappy K-Mart. Although they did get some of W2 finally like the Ice-Vipers, Reactive Duke, Scarlett, PP SE and SS.... Although I'm pretty much done with W1 to W3.

Fungal Infection
14th October 2009, 10:27 AM
Well, I caved in big time and grabbed the Night Raven and Pit. Haven't opened the Pit yet as I'm still wondering where I'm going to display the Night Raven! :p But the Night Raven is much better than I thought - love the pump action missile firing feature and the size and design is much better in the flesh than the pictures on the box would have you believe. Two thumbs up!

PS. Has anyone seen the Ice Dagger on sale anywhere?

Deceptic_Optic
14th October 2009, 11:41 AM
Well, I caved in big time and grabbed the Night Raven and Pit. Haven't opened the Pit yet as I'm still wondering where I'm going to display the Night Raven! :p But the Night Raven is much better than I thought - love the pump action missile firing feature and the size and design is much better in the flesh than the pictures on the box would have you believe. Two thumbs up!

PS. Has anyone seen the Ice Dagger on sale anywhere?

Well the question is has anyone has seen Ice Dagger anywhere?

Lord_Zed
14th October 2009, 01:20 PM
Well the question is has anyone has seen Ice Dagger anywhere?

I have, but only once.

Still on the fence about the Night Raven, even at the cheap price. Any chance of some photos Fungal?

Deceptic_Optic
14th October 2009, 02:02 PM
I have, but only once.

Still on the fence about the Night Raven, even at the cheap price. Any chance of some photos Fungal?

yeah i knew you would say that Lord_Zed, been hunting for him for a while as well. I got the night raven but never really manage to go around opening it. maybe i should really open it tonight

Fungal Infection
14th October 2009, 09:32 PM
Pics of the Night Raven:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/nightraven1.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/nightraven2.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/nightraven3.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/nightraven4.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/nightraven5.jpg

foor
14th October 2009, 11:50 PM
So does anyone know when this sale ends? Still pondering picking up some vehicles while the gettin's good.

Defcon
15th October 2009, 06:19 PM
Well I havn't been into kmart today, so I don't know. But these were priced with clearance ticketing, so I imagine they are still on sale. And maybe in another few weeks depending on the particular store they may be reduced further!!!

The_Damned
16th October 2009, 04:58 PM
So does anyone know when this sale ends? Still pondering picking up some vehicles while the gettin's good.

well i think they are on clearence till they are gone i think the price drop every 2 weeks

Fungal Infection
16th October 2009, 11:31 PM
I decided to open the Pit last night and put it together - f#@k me, this is a bitch. The asssembly is easy enough but its the stickers!! Six sheets of stickers to apply!!! It took me 2 and half hours last night and another 2 hours today to finish applying all of them. That includes having to trim stickers to fit on certain sections and correct placements which dont make sense. Now I know why I don't miss stickers on TFs.... :mad: But that aside, this is a massive playset with ounces of playability. Its base mode is considerably bigger than Brave Max and when raised and spread out, it stands as tall as him as well. One thing that did disappoint was some of the furniture was made out of cardboard pieces which you fold, join and put together - cheapened what would otherwise be a very good set. And the fact that its so damn huge means that unless you have space, its always going to be folded up in mobile pit mode. The included Hawk figure is a good bonus, I definately prefer it to the carded jetpack version although it does lack a stand. For $99, I can't recommend this enough, I'd never have touched it at TRU's $249. Two massive thumbs up!! :D

JustOwen
16th October 2009, 11:49 PM
Fungal Infection
Mind posting some photos for us to have a look?:D

rateeg
17th October 2009, 03:59 AM
i second that :)

Lord_Zed
17th October 2009, 07:32 PM
Me to!

I saw a cheap Pitt this week, but I'm still on the fence about it as well as the Raven, the prices are awesome but i just don't know if they are for me.

Fungal Infection
17th October 2009, 11:09 PM
Pics of the Pit here:

Linky (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=134845#post134845)

Fungal Infection
4th November 2009, 04:27 PM
Noticed that Joes have been further reduced at Kmart this week:

Night Raven: $40
Bravo vehicles: $29
Alpha vehicles: $14
Figures: $9.50

If only Target would do a clearance on their exclusives..... :p

STL
5th November 2009, 01:52 AM
Pit at K-Mart for $65. It's heavy! I left it behind b/c i was out of space in the boot.

Lord_Zed
5th November 2009, 01:31 PM
Pit at K-Mart for $65. It's heavy! I left it behind b/c i was out of space in the boot.

Ooooh I like the sound of that!

rateeg
6th November 2009, 02:44 AM
wherrrrrre?????

Mecheon
6th November 2009, 08:21 AM
Kmart. Just snagged one for my birthday, actually :p

Haven't opened it yet, but he's not kidding about the weight. I haven't had a box so heavy since I decided that hefting the AT-TE and Lego Castle Village together would be a good idea

Lord_Zed
11th November 2009, 01:18 PM
As all ready mentioned by Mecheon in another thread.

Target has GI Joe on clearance to.
Figures are about $10
Exclusives $10
Alpha Vehicles $15
Night Raven $49

I finnaly picked up Snake Eyes and his bike! :)

Oh yeah and I weakened and bought the Pitt at Kmart to, I'm not a huge fan of the whole transforming playset idea, but at $65 I couldn't resist.

d*r*j*
19th December 2009, 11:13 AM
Well I was in Kmart a bit over the last couple of days. They had 5 full pegs at $8.50 a figure, it's one week till xmas, and they ain't moving at all. Was pretty sad and not like they only had rubbish; Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Shipwreck, Zartan, a couple of different Vipers... plus all the usual guys from the movie. I guess the GI Joe experiment is officially dead for Australia. Was at Toy Kingdom last week and all their Joe stock was half price... Not really moving at all either.

d*r*j*
24th December 2009, 04:42 PM
GI Joes are now $5.01 and $5.03 at kmart... the fountain gate one... they put out a bunch as well.

Fungal Infection
27th December 2009, 10:32 AM
If you guys head to TRU, and use this voucher (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=6440), plus add in the 30% off sale on action figures, you can grab 25th figures and movie figures for only $2 each! 25th comic 2 packs with the voucher are only $9 and the vehicle packs (HISS, Trouble Bubble, Air chariot etc...) are only $12.50!!