PDA

View Full Version : Orci/Kurtzman not returning

SilverDragon
7th October 2009, 11:09 AM
Ehren Kruger to be writer for next film. (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/271612-orci-kurtzman-not-returning-tf3.html)

Well...this will be interesting. Would the shift in feel be noticeable, or not at all? Does Kruger have the balls to stop Bay from screwing with the script again? We shall see...

kup
7th October 2009, 11:11 AM
Ehren Kruger to be writer for next film. (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/271612-orci-kurtzman-not-returning-tf3.html)

Well...this will be interesting. Would the shift in feel be noticeable, or not at all? Does Kruger have the balls to stop Bay from screwing with the script again? We shall see...

Apparently he was the one that wrote in the comedy based Bay's ideas. So No.

swoop
7th October 2009, 12:10 PM
Hopefully he has learnt his lesson from rotf and the next movie won't be a 2 hour long fart and balls joke

1orion2many
7th October 2009, 03:27 PM
Hopefully he has learnt his lesson from rotf and the next movie won't be a 2 hour long fart and balls joke

Was it a joke:confused:, I thought it was a tragedy:D

Ultra Streak
7th October 2009, 06:06 PM
Those fart and ball jokes made TF2 the worst move I had seen this year... Until I had to watch G-Force. O M G. Disney deserves to go bankrupt for that one.

Ode to a Grasshopper
7th October 2009, 08:16 PM
AWESOME.
I was wondering how they were going to make the next one even worse than RotF but it looks like they're off to a flying start.

i_amtrunks
7th October 2009, 08:42 PM
No surprise that after Star Trek that O and K dont want to be associated with the poorly scripted TF franchise anymore...

Robzy
7th October 2009, 10:40 PM
Ehren Kruger to be writer for next film.
Hmmm... it's not the first time Bay has worked with a "Krueger" (http://www.hecklerspray.com/michael-bay-ready-to-foul-up-nightmare-on-elm-street/200812191.php)

GoktimusPrime
8th October 2009, 10:02 AM
As usual I'm reserving any judgement on TF3 until after I've seen it.

kup
8th October 2009, 11:38 AM

It's Michael Bay...

SMHFConvoy
9th October 2009, 07:02 PM

ROFL :D

GoktimusPrime
9th October 2009, 07:38 PM
I never made any judgement calls about either TF1 or ROTF until _after_ I'd watched them. So I intend to do so again with TF3.

I try not to judge movies until I've seen them - but even if a franchise has managed to sway my opinion in a negative manner, then I simply would NOT watch any more movies from that franchise! I intentionally did not see The Incredible Hulk because I really didn't like Hulk. I also didn't see the relatively recent Punisher movie because I hated the original Punisher film with Dolph Lungren. I've been told that both movies are good - I watched Punisher on DVD and thought it was okay (a lot better than the first film anyway) and I've yet to see The Incredible Hulk but it's on my "to rent" list. :p

And quite frankly, if I thought Transformers 3 would suck, I wouldn't watch it. I'd skip it, and if people told me that it's good, then I'd rent it or borrow it from a friend. As _if_ I'd pay money to watch a movie in cinema that I was _expecting_ to dislike!!!!!!

Now sure, sometimes you like a movie and then you see the sequel and you're disappointed. But you saw the sequel because you _liked_ the first installment. For example, I really liked The Matrix, so I saw the sequels in cinemas. They sucked. But I don't regret watching it in cinemas because I had my reasons for doing so.

I _like_ Transformers and Revenge of the Fallen. Neither film is perfect and they have their flaws, but I find them enjoyable movies nonetheless. Enjoyable enough that I'd be willing to see the third movie in cinemas.

kup: just because TF3 will be directed by Michael Bay doesn't mean that it will be as (un)enjoyable as the first two movies. Often we see movies from the same franchise made by the same director that fans have had different reactions too.
e.g.:
* A New Hope / The Phantom Menace : both Star Wars movies directed by George Lucas. ANH gave birth to the Star Wars phenomenon whereas TPM had lots of people scratching their heads in disbelief.
* The Matrix / Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions : all Matrix movies directed by the Walchowski (sp?) bros. I thought the first one was awesome but the sequels blew chunks.
* Spiderman Trilogy : all directed by Sam Raimi - I found the first one most enjoyable, the third one was okay and the second one was "WhY mY sH0uLd3Rs hUr7?!" This from the guy who directed the awesome Armies of Darkness movies?!
* Lord of the Rings : I thought these movies would suck cos I never really liked Meet The Feebles... but I was wrong, they're awesome!
* THX-1138 : surely a movie directed by George Luc--yyaaawwwwwwnn! Zzzzz...

...as for Michael Bay, other than Transformers the only other Bay movie I've ever liked was Bad Boys (not so much Bad Boys II though :/). So you guys will remember that when Bay was announced as director and everyone had a spazz attack, I pretty much said that other than Bad Boys I don't like his movies, but it never meant that I was planning on disliking Transformers at all. At the end of the day, I'm not going to make a call one way or the other until I've seen the movie; I don't care what rumours I hear, and hopefully I won't hear any because I'm going to try my best to avoid spoilers as I did with the first two movies (you'll remember that I did kick a guy in the nuts once when he gave me a TF1 spoiler before I'd seen it).

I think if anyone here is expecting to not like TF3 then my advice to you is DON'T WATCH IT! Simple as that! I wouldn't watch it if I felt that way!

PS: Also remember that we all vote with our wallets. If you strongly feel that the Bay movies are crap, then the strongest statement you can make is to NOT pay for a movie ticket or DVD sale. Money talks and bullcrap walks. ;)

Gutsman Heavy
9th October 2009, 10:19 PM
OFF TOPIC: You liked Spider-man 3 more than 2?

GoktimusPrime
10th October 2009, 09:49 AM
Not by a whole lot, but at least Spiderman 3 never tried to convince me that you can make nuclear fusion from tritium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium) (a single atom no less!). ;) Overall I actually do enjoy the Spiderman films despite their flaws.