PDA

View Full Version : Australian dollar reaches 90.15 expected to go higher

Eruntalon
8th October 2009, 05:26 PM
The Australian dollar has just gone over 90 US cents, a 14 month high and is expected to go higher.

I'm not sure where it's predicted to peak at and how long this high will last, but this is excellent news for me since I just got my tax return back (bring on the car upgrades!).

MV75
8th October 2009, 05:37 PM
Yea, but the currencies that matter arn't moving though. :(

autobreadticon
8th October 2009, 05:39 PM
economies predict parity to the U.S dollar in 6 months - 12 months :D
from an article in the age business on Monday

MV75
8th October 2009, 06:07 PM
With our interest rates climbing, I expect it there by december.

bruticus
8th October 2009, 06:39 PM
yep, it seems to be up against all major currencies.

i capitalised on the good rates with a recent minty overlord acquisition along with some other overseas ebay purchases...:D

i was even contemplating visiting my friend in UK this christmas...cos its looking a lot more affordable now than it was a while back...

too bad my mortgage repayments are gonna go up....:mad:

llamatron
8th October 2009, 07:35 PM
Woooooooooooooooooo!

Hitting 1:1 with the US dollar would be great

foor
8th October 2009, 07:58 PM
Yea, but the currencies that matter arn't moving though. :(

Yeah... I'm eyeing the JPY myself. Not budging much...

bruticus
8th October 2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah... I'm eyeing the JPY myself. Not budging much...

according to Real Time - OZforex (http://www.ozforex.com.au/cgi-bin/real-time-forex-charts.asp), its up.

If the link doesnt take you to the correct JPY rate straight away, choose AUD/JPY -> Hour -> refresh

kup
8th October 2009, 09:47 PM
It's awesome timing for me.

MV75
8th October 2009, 10:06 PM
Because............?

k.wong23
9th October 2009, 01:17 PM
I'm also watching AUD/JPY and its definately heading towards the positives for my Japan trip mid November :D

When do you guys suggest I change currency? Should I Hold off? I am in the process of paying for accomodation but unsure when to pay hmm, can save me potentially about $60- 100

Linthart
9th October 2009, 01:39 PM
I'm also watching AUD/JPY and its definately heading towards the positives for my Japan trip mid November :D

When do you guys suggest I change currency? Should I Hold off? I am in the process of paying for accomodation but unsure when to pay hmm, can save me potentially about $60- 100

Hmm im thinking the dollar is only speculated to go up at this point so it might not be a bad idea to hold off for a couple more weeks but i'd certainly secure your accommodation asap to try and reduce any drama that could occur later.