PDA

View Full Version : Classics Sightings.

griffin
27th December 2007, 03:59 PM
Post your Classics sightings here.

benben2142
3rd January 2008, 02:36 AM
At titan's tower I saw a misb cliffjumper but unfortauly I boguht it LOL hahahaha but they will get some more hopfully a starscream and a rodimus and some more legends and mino-cons.

Saintly
3rd January 2008, 09:26 AM
At titan's tower I saw a misb cliffjumper but unfortauly I boguht it LOL hahahaha but they will get some more hopfully a starscream and a rodimus and some more legends and mino-cons.

Well I would expect it to be MISB to start with, unless the retail store has a 2nd/trade license

DigDug
5th January 2008, 02:00 PM
What did it set you back Ben? (if you don't mind me asking :))

Edit: I just spotted what looks like a classics 2.0 figure on Amazon. I started a new thread because the toy isn't on sale, could be a hoax, could be pulled from sale etc etc.
Edit Edit: Nah, It's just the Euro Classics 1.0 mould of Megs from the Ultimate Battle pack. Cheers Borgeman

DigDug
16th January 2008, 02:18 PM
Someone must have returned some chrissy presents ;) I saw:
Classics Grimlock and
Classics Mirage for $25 ea @ Garden City TRU
I put them on a rack labelled $49.95 so be quick!

Paulbot
16th January 2008, 02:33 PM
I saw the Tank Megatron vs Optimus Prime 2 pack on the weekend for $60 if anyone is interested.

Trailer Park Ninja
16th January 2008, 03:48 PM
Someone must have returned some chrissy presents ;) I saw:
Classics Grimlock and
Classics Mirage for $25 ea @ Garden City TRU
I put them on a rack labelled $49.95 so be quick!

Aaargh!!! I want, I need but I'm in Sydney :( Any possibility that I can organise something with you?

DigDug
17th January 2008, 10:57 PM
I'm really sorry - normally I would but I had to pay bond for a new rental and I'm totally cleaned out. They won't last long... can anyone else pick them up if they're still available?

iceburn
18th January 2008, 09:40 PM
Saw only 2 classics deluxe figures at Kmart @ $27.99
- Mirage
- Ramjet

Trailer Park Ninja
18th January 2008, 11:25 PM
I'm really sorry - normally I would but I had to pay bond for a new rental and I'm totally cleaned out. They won't last long... can anyone else pick them up if they're still available?

No problem, don't worry about it. I'll find something in my neck of the woods. Thanks anyway. :)

stencilator
6th February 2008, 08:15 AM
Yesterday I found 2 Classics Ops and 2 Classics Jetfire at DJs at Warringah Mall. $46.95 each.

The_Damned
19th February 2008, 04:59 AM
don't know if i should put it here but i will let speak for itself

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TFClubs-TFC-EX01-Classics-Cliffjumper-Conversion-Kit_W0QQitemZ130199260099QQihZ003QQcategoryZ4696QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Saintly
19th February 2008, 09:46 AM
OMG!!!! for how much!?!? man I feel for the buyer.

The_Damned
19th February 2008, 12:37 PM
damn someone actually bought it...........

autobreadticon
28th February 2008, 08:13 PM
Classics - 3 pack mini-con (predator attack team) for $15.00

found as of 28 February 7.30pm at kmart Dandenong,

didnt feel they were good so i didnt get them, REALLY surprised to see it. The only other time i seen this was at Northland Kmart a month ago

reillyd
7th March 2008, 04:05 PM
Titans Towers Southport has (OMG!) Classics Jetfire. I remember when these were going for 100 on ebay.

Sam
11th March 2008, 07:10 PM
David Jones (Parramatta) has around 4 Jetfires, and 2 Optimus Primes. 50 bucks each.

autobreadticon
14th March 2008, 09:57 PM
Eastland - toy kingdom
Classic voyager
#jetfire
#Optimus
#megatron

roller
14th March 2008, 09:59 PM
lots of voyager optimus and Jetfires in WA

STL
16th March 2008, 12:55 AM
Eastland - toy kingdom
Classic voyager
#jetfire
#Optimus
#megatron

Another Toy Kingdom in the northern sections the same. $45 a pop.

griffin
16th March 2008, 07:47 PM
It seems that Classics Jetfire is easier to find now than when it was supposed to be in release over a year ago. Found two today at DJs Garden City for $48 each.

darockk
18th March 2008, 12:20 PM
^ i agree, i rememeber jetfire going for close to $100 on ebay about a year ago, I just saw 4 Jetfires at David Jones for $47.99, Canberra Centre.

kurdt_the_goat
7th April 2008, 07:32 PM
I saw 6 Jetfires (and 6 OP's) the other day, and felt like Hasbro utterly lied to us all last year about no more Jetfires - unbelivable!

PM for location - price wasn't much better than i paid on Ebay last year though, $49!

dirge
7th April 2008, 08:02 PM
Welcome back! :)

autobreadticon
29th April 2008, 03:03 PM
toy kingdom have restocked new classics mini-con sets

-predator
-dirty diggers :p
-aerial set (the one with a jet and creature)

at $15 each. tonnes of them , but should wait for them on sale

k.wong23
30th April 2008, 12:06 AM
DJ's in melbourne cbd has several Classics optimus primes for $47 and 1 jetfire left :)

jaydisc
22nd May 2008, 02:23 PM
Saw an interesting sight today....

Myer had about 30 each of Voyager Prime and Voyager Jetfire!!!

I talked to the manager and she said she thinks something is coming up <wink>

I asked if she had more in the back and she said heaps!!

I said, so I should come back Friday?

"I don't know" <wink>

WTF? Are Classics making a resurgence? Is this part of a plan to rejuvenate interest in the Classics line in preparation for Classics 2.0?

kup
22nd May 2008, 02:38 PM
Hasbro was blind but it can now see.

Before they had absolutely no clue of the market and thought a concept such as classics only good enough as a 'filler' line before the movie. After its massive success and demand they have now awaken.

Although to the average fan/customer it would be obvious that a G1 based line would sell like hot cakes and have far and wide appeal; to the Hasbro executive (& Archer) they were completly clueless and kept pushing their weird futuristic ambiguous crap. Their legacy for the past 8 years.

Now profits have spoken on what people want thanks to Classics and the movie line and thankfuly Hasbro has wised up (looks that way from the Botcon previews).

Paulbot
22nd May 2008, 04:52 PM
30 Jetfires? 30? All that running around and all I actually had to do was wait 18 months? :)

Something is coming up? Wink? Very interesting. Could well be the debut of Classics 2.0 which don't have any new toys at the price point so could be using Classics stock to fill the gap. Exciting news.

STL
22nd May 2008, 04:57 PM
30 Jetfires? 30? All that running around and all I actually had to do was wait 18 months? :)

Something is coming up? Wink? Very interesting. Could well be the debut of Classics 2.0 which don't have any new toys at the price point so could be using Classics stock to fill the gap. Exciting news.

I dunno, left over stock that the US didn't want? I'

jaydisc
22nd May 2008, 05:01 PM
And she said she had ****loads in the back as well.

(well, not in those words)

iceburn
22nd May 2008, 06:27 PM
more cybertron voyagers and ultras?? hahaha

FFN
22nd May 2008, 07:52 PM
Hasbro was blind but it can now see.

Before they had absolutely no clue of the market and thought a concept such as classics only good enough as a 'filler' line before the movie. After its massive success and demand they have now awaken.

Although to the average fan/customer it would be obvious that a G1 based line would sell like hot cakes and have far and wide appeal; to the Hasbro executive (& Archer) they were completly clueless and kept pushing their weird futuristic ambiguous crap. Their legacy for the past 8 years.

Now profits have spoken on what people want thanks to Classics and the movie line and thankfuly Hasbro has wised up (looks that way from the Botcon previews). The old argument from collectors that Hasbro don't know anything about the market is a load of bull. If they didn't know anything, then their toylines would not have sold. Case in point: Armada, predicted, nay, screamed from the rooftops by collectors to be a doomed line from the beginning (DOOOOOOMED) because it did not cater to the collectors and was aggressively marketed to children with its gimmickery. It ended up being one of the most commercially successful Transformers toylines ever made, until the Movie (which was something else predicted to be a failure by collectors).

Universe 2008 is not a strictly Classics line, as evident by the Armada and Beast Wars sub lines that exist within it. We know what the marketing requirements of Hasbro needed a Transformers Movie-style 'realism' line for consumers who may be turned off by the style of Animated, which is expected to be the big earner for Hasbro the rest of this year and the start of next year, as it's the 'Main line'. Its to provide realistic-style product to a market that may only know Transformers from the Movie.

As for Aaron Archer: Mate, he has presided over Hasbro's biggest successes in Transformers history. That's why he was promoted from lead designer to overall design director. I think he and his team have a good bloody clue what the market want, and their legacy is called success.

liegeprime
22nd May 2008, 08:03 PM
Saw an interesting sight today....

Myer had about 30 each of Voyager Prime and Voyager Jetfire!!!

I talked to the manager and she said she thinks something is coming up <wink>

I asked if she had more in the back and she said heaps!!

I said, so I should come back Friday?

"I don't know" <wink>

WTF? Are Classics making a resurgence? Is this part of a plan to rejuvenate interest in the Classics line in preparation for Classics 2.0?

Well a few things just crossed my mind while reading your post jay...

Lazy part - meh! got one already, if it was Henkei.....:rolleyes:

Schizoid part - its a conspiracy I tell yah, some effed up conspiracy between Hasbro and Myer to choke the market with TFs so the line doesnt die out!:eek:

Dirty part - either the above or she's coming on to you with all that winking;)

Mean idiot part - has she got a tic?!? or sumthink? :confused:

:D:D:D Just letting you know I have yet to have dinner when I posted this, so the low sugar in my blood could be contributing to my scatterbrain :D:D

MV75
22nd May 2008, 08:23 PM

Gah, maybe a sale? ;)
________
MAZDA ROADPACER SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_Roadpacer)

dirge
22nd May 2008, 09:06 PM
In terms of commercial success, Armada did well, FFN. From a collector POV, it hasn't fared so well. I'm not disputing what you're saying, but if you view TFs as artistic endeavours (and approach things purely from a collector POV), Armada was not a success - Armada isn't held in the same esteem as say, G1 or Beast Wars, within the fandom. There doesn't seem to be the same number of fans trying to get their hands on Armada as is the case with ... many lines.

I can't say I kept pace with predictions before the live action movie, so I can't comment either way there.

With regards to the longer term fandom, I think that elements within Hasbro have done a poor job - the success of Armada was fairly shortlived and arguably did less for the franchise's long term than many other less profitable lines. The complete change of direction from the movie to Animated is kinda baffling for me - build up interest with a landmark in the franchise's history and then disgard any momentum gained with a complete change of direction.

The same could be said of the quickfire cancelling of the successful Beast Wars line and replacing it with the flop that was Beast Machines - a baffling decision which seemed to be based more on a "keep it fresh at all costs" mentality rather than a focus on building on successes.

kup
22nd May 2008, 09:35 PM
The old argument from collectors that Hasbro don't know anything about the market is a load of bull. If they didn't know anything, then their toylines would not have sold. Case in point: Armada, predicted, nay, screamed from the rooftops by collectors to be a doomed line from the beginning (DOOOOOOMED) because it did not cater to the collectors and was aggressively marketed to children with its gimmickery. It ended up being one of the most commercially successful Transformers toylines ever made, until the Movie (which was something else predicted to be a failure by collectors).

Universe 2008 is not a strictly Classics line, as evident by the Armada and Beast Wars sub lines that exist within it. We know what the marketing requirements of Hasbro needed a Transformers Movie-style 'realism' line for consumers who may be turned off by the style of Animated, which is expected to be the big earner for Hasbro the rest of this year and the start of next year, as it's the 'Main line'. Its to provide realistic-style product to a market that may only know Transformers from the Movie.

As for Aaron Archer: Mate, he has presided over Hasbro's biggest successes in Transformers history. That's why he was promoted from lead designer to overall design director. I think he and his team have a good bloody clue what the market want, and their legacy is called success.

I would say that Archer suceeds in mediocrity but I can't argue with the returns as Armada was indeed a succesful line despite its overbearing crappyness.

Putting profits aside, in my view most of the main lines since Beast Wars have been rather mediocre. These days all you need to move a product is the right marketing and that is how I explain the success of stuff like Armada.

roller
22nd May 2008, 09:43 PM
right on Kup

If we were in charge of Hasbro we'd have cool stuff that everyone would want

everyone!!!!

heaps o classics jetfires and Voyager optimus in Perth Djs

Robzy
22nd May 2008, 09:53 PM
Armada was not a success - Armada isn't held in the same esteem as say, G1 or Beast Wars, within the fandom.

I agree! The only thing I liked about Armada was finally getting a UNICRON figure! :)

I don't! Reports from the BotCon Hasbro Panel included the following paraphrased statements...

1) "Hasbro was surprised at how successful the movie was"
2) "There are so many movie repaints because they had not planned for the demand on Movie stuff to last so long. For TF 2 they will be better prepared"
3) "Still no plans for G1 Dinobot reissues" :rolleyes:

STL
22nd May 2008, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't mind adding my own thoughts in support of FFN to the discussion but I fear we are venturing off topic. Maybe a new thread?

On topic, I spotted a bucketload of Skyfires and Optimus Primes at another Myer too. I talked to one of the girls there and she said she didn't know. I was w/ a new friend and didn't want to seem too obsessive so didn't pursue the discussion though I'm very interested in what price they'll be discounted too.

jaydisc
22nd May 2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah, my only interpretation was sale. But the scheduling of it seems weird.

Pulse
22nd May 2008, 11:29 PM
Maybe they're restocking some of the Classics 1.0 figures to go on sale simultaneously as Classics 2.0 in a few months time?

Or maybe not... :rolleyes::D

STL
23rd May 2008, 12:01 AM
I feel guilty. Sitting there thinking about all those Skyfires that will be on sale, I couldn't help but think, wouldn't it be nice to have a few more?

hI ham hso hweak.

jaydisc
23rd May 2008, 12:05 AM
hLOL hYes hYou hAre!!!

FFN
23rd May 2008, 01:56 AM
I hope Cliffjumper is available again, I missed him the first time around.

In terms of commercial success, Armada did well, FFN. From a collector POV, it hasn't fared so well. I'm not disputing what you're saying, but if you view TFs as artistic endeavours (and approach things purely from a collector POV), Armada was not a success - Armada isn't held in the same esteem as say, G1 or Beast Wars, within the fandom. There doesn't seem to be the same number of fans trying to get their hands on Armada as is the case with ... many lines. I view Transformers cynically most of the time as merely a toy-selling franchise brand. I judge its success on how well the toys and the advertising marketing (fiction) does with its core primary market (kids). Its a very cynical view, but Transformers is just a toyline. The sheer majority of children during our generations who grew up with G1 didn't become long term fans. Same with Beast Wars. A minority of the people who grew up with them became long-term fans, and that's the same with other series regardless of the quality. That's mostly why Hasbro doesn't build upon what it has just done - they already have fans (young and old), so they're concentrating on grabbing the attention of the next lot of children, because the majority of their previous customers may have given up 'baby things' like toys and moved onto computers and video games (Hasbro has said the entire toy industry is feeling pressure from electronic entertainment because kids are 'growing up' faster now, and give up toys sooner).

I think something people overlook is the huge commercial success of Armada (which in turn created a new generation of Transformers fans) paved the way for subsequent increased budgets and better engineering in following Transformers toylines.

As for the toyline itself, I judge its success on how kids enjoy it, and evidently, kids enjoyed these 'crappy' toys. Hell, I thought they were fun myself. They had character in their design. I'd honestly like to see Hasbro revist the designs in the 25th Anniversary line beyond Armada Hot Shot, since several characters (Starscream, Megatron) deserve better toys.

One should be glad Hasbro continues to market Transformers to children so aggressively, because it means the line is still highly viable for the long term. Look at Hasbro's other great toyline, GI Joe: it has been reduced to catering mostly to collectors, which means its market is not growing by a significant amount (until the new live-action movie, at least).

- FFN, cynical industrialist of FFN Heavy Industries.

iceburn
23rd May 2008, 08:25 AM
hLOL hYes hYou hAre!!!

GOLD +2 (is there anything better than gold??):cool:

STL
23rd May 2008, 11:13 AM
GOLD +2 (is there anything better than gold??):cool:

Yes. Crystal Prime. :p:):cool:

i_amtrunks
23rd May 2008, 12:17 PM
Platinum is often used as "the better than Gold" class for sponsors and membership and stuffs.

So maybe the saying should be "that's Platinum!"

I too am missing Cliffjumper, so any sightings of him would be appreciated.

Robzy
23rd May 2008, 12:41 PM
Platinum, Jerry! Platinum! :D

jaydisc
23rd May 2008, 03:57 PM
Platinum, Jerry! Platinum! :D

Now THAT'S platinum!!!! :D :D :D

I'm surprised you "Queen's English" folk don't call it Platinium! :p

Paulbot
23rd May 2008, 04:45 PM
5 each of Prime and Jetfire in the city Myer store. And a Henkei Prime at a Anime/Manga store.

k.wong23
23rd May 2008, 11:56 PM
Hope that there is somesort of a sale as I'd like to pick up a discounted Jetfire!

Gutsman Heavy
24th May 2008, 06:21 PM
come on Magnus & Skywarp re-release!
damn awesome city commander set, making me get a white prime again...

STL
29th May 2008, 10:36 AM
so is anything coming up w/ Myers?

jaydisc
29th May 2008, 10:43 AM
Seemingly not yet.

iceburn
29th May 2008, 10:49 AM
jay, u got "winkled" by the staff *kekeke*

jaydisc
29th May 2008, 10:50 AM
She didn't confirm Thursday, but she still said "something" is coming up , and I stand by that assertion.

Pulse
29th May 2008, 12:47 PM
She didn't confirm Thursday, but she still said "something" is coming up , and I stand by that assertion.

I think I've seen evidence of "something coming up" too. I was at a recently opened Myer a couple of days ago & they had like 20-30 Classics Prime's/Megs'/Skyfire's. What is going on..? :rolleyes:

jaydisc
4th June 2008, 09:08 AM
Checked out the Myer stock-take sale this morning and Classics Voyagers (and all other TFs) were full price.

Paulbot
4th June 2008, 10:06 AM
Drats. I saw the ad last night about the Myer Stocktale Sale starting today and thought those Classics would be on sale. :(

kurdt_the_goat
7th June 2008, 07:13 PM
Anyone in Perth wanting Classic OP or Jetfire should check out Myer at Morley Galleria, a whopping 40 or so altogether, i think more Jetfire than OP. I'm glad my eventual purchase of Jetfire (on ebay) was the same 50 bucks they're charging for these things now that they actually have them in stock!

Soundwarp
8th June 2008, 09:20 AM
Heaps of Optimus and Jetfire at Myer Northlakes

autobreadticon
8th June 2008, 11:56 AM
Kmart has mini-con 3 packs on Sale until the 11th for $10

in the catalogue it there is a picture of the night attack team, not restocked by Toy Kingdom recently

but can't seem to find any in stores :(

Golden Phoenix
8th June 2008, 01:10 PM
Kmart has mini-con 3 packs on Sale until the 11th for $10
The K-Mart in Victoria Gardens has the Predator, Dirt Digger and Sky teams and plenty of them.
I'm praying that they are still there next wed when I get paid
*crosses fingers*

Thanatos
8th June 2008, 05:48 PM
Plenty of Jetfires out at Myer CBD Brisbane.

STL
8th June 2008, 11:53 PM
The K-Mart in Victoria Gardens has the Predator, Dirt Digger and Sky teams and plenty of them.
I'm praying that they are still there next wed when I get paid
*crosses fingers*

I wouldn't worry, K-Mart Northland was overflowing w/ them and I imagine its like that everywhere else too

autobreadticon
10th June 2008, 08:00 PM
STL the problem it is the same restock TK had,dirt dig, predator and clear skies team, the catalogue shows the Night Rescue Team , but so far i havent seen them anywhere :(

STL
11th June 2008, 12:18 AM
STL the problem it is the same restock TK had,dirt dig, predator and clear skies team, the catalogue shows the Night Rescue Team , but so far i havent seen them anywhere :(

They're from the first wave so you'd be very lucky to find them. The last three restocks in the past year of the classic mini-cons have all been of those 3 waves unfortunately.

iceburn
7th August 2008, 06:38 PM
Takara Classics Ramjet ($56) and Skyfire ($80) spotted at Minotaur

lcz128
8th August 2008, 11:06 AM
Takara Classics Ramjet ($56) and Skyfire ($80) spotted at Minotaur

Haha- I'm so happy I'm getting it from RK ^_^ TWO Ramjets would prolly cost about the same as that or something, right? Lol

Thanks for the update though ^_^

iceburn
8th August 2008, 11:26 AM
yeap...no worries.

DigDug
14th August 2008, 08:47 PM
1 x Classics Jetfire and
1 x Classics Optimus left at toyworld Chermside ($25 ea)
They got their stock in today and that is all thats left!

One of each of the same toys are available at the Sandgate Rd Mr Toys, but for $30 each when I looked yesterday.

Edit: I bought their last Megatron and just noticed it was double taped :(

turtle boy
22nd August 2008, 01:57 AM
About 15 Jetfire's and 20 Optimus Prime's In Myer Albury

autobreadticon
12th September 2008, 06:34 PM
Classics mini-con -clear skies at $10 at Kmart 33% off

MV75
9th October 2008, 02:02 PM
Saw a Megtron at toyworld last tuesday.

Thanatos
9th October 2008, 04:18 PM
Toyworlds has all Classics 1.0 Voyagers at Chermside and Brookside

iceburn
9th October 2008, 04:43 PM
much better :)

MV75
9th October 2008, 06:30 PM
UM too then? :p :D

Thanatos
9th October 2008, 11:12 PM
Single packed Voyagers then. If there had been Ultra Magnus I would have picked up a few :P

k.wong23
10th October 2008, 02:43 PM
2 Jetfires, 1 Optimus PM for location :D

jaydisc
10th October 2008, 02:52 PM
Just saw bucketloads of both at a Myer as well, still marked at 49.95. I didn't scan but there's a 20% all toys till Sunday the 12th.

SilverDragon
26th October 2008, 05:48 PM
Kinokinya (sp?) in Sydney had the Jetfire/Grimlock pack at nearly $200.

I may really want Grimlock, but I refuse to pay THAT much.

STL
26th October 2008, 11:36 PM
Kinokinya (sp?) in Sydney had the Jetfire/Grimlock pack at nearly $200.

I may really want Grimlock, but I refuse to pay THAT much.

:eek:

Now that is ridiculous!

i_amtrunks
27th October 2008, 10:44 AM
Thats an even worse markup than they put on their binaltech figures.

Have they left them in pack, or opened them up? if they want that much for opened figures they are never going to sell them.

Pulse
27th October 2008, 11:13 AM
Don't they usually open all their TFs?

$200?! What a freakin' ripoff! (http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFCA004&lang=us&CatID=1_38)

blackie
27th October 2008, 11:21 AM
thats gota be a huge percentage markup, they probably only paid $50 for it.... god damm myer

i_amtrunks
27th October 2008, 11:25 AM
Don't they usually open all their TFs?

$200?! What a freakin' ripoff! (http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFCA004&lang=us&CatID=1_38)

I was just wondering if they would open the packaging, see all the twist ties and think to themselves "why bother, we will leave them in the pretty box just this once". :p

STL
27th October 2008, 11:43 AM
I'm pretty sure there are no twist ties in that. I've got one on display in my room and recall the ease of actually removing everything

griffin
27th October 2008, 01:57 PM
I think the 'exclusive' factor (only released in Asian Hasbro Markets) is an automatic doubling of the price, on principle. Then you got the profit margin, which is a standard doubling, reguardless of the previous step. Most import stores do that though, capitalising on the uninformed who aren't aware of its availability at much cheaper online sources.

sanbot
3rd November 2008, 09:33 PM
Saw a few of those jetfire/grimlock packs whilst in Japan and Singapore. Definately not worth 200!

blackie
20th November 2008, 04:23 PM
LOTS of jetfires at myer eastland, and with that myer thingy, should make them cheepish, also some primes

Wheel-J
23rd November 2008, 10:27 PM
3 x Classics Megatron @ Toy Kingdom Fountain Gate.