PDA

View Full Version : If you had to buy one TF2 Devastator, which would it be?

griffin
17th October 2009, 05:11 PM
So far, there are five TF2 Devastator toys from Hasbro/TT that we know about. Most, if not all, are out there, but for this poll, assume they are
all out and easily available.

The first three have a convertability componant (okay, the third one is barely what you'd call convertable/transformable), while the fourth one
is a figurine, and the fifth is part of a playset, so doesn't count as an actionfigure (but is still a TFs toy, so counts for this poll).

Of the three convertable Devastators, this photo shows them side-by-side:

http://www.otca.com.au/dev1.jpg

From the righthand side,
- Supreme sized Devastator (option 1)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:ROTF_Devastator_combiner_toy.jpg

- EZ/Legends Devastator (option 2)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:ROTF_Devastator_ezcollectiondx.jpg

- Mega PowerBot Devastator (option 3)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:ROTF_MegaPowerBots_Devastator.jpg

And for the other two options not in the photo,
- Robot Heroes Devastator (option 4)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Rotf_desertdevastation_rh.jpg

- RPMs Trackset Devastator (option 5)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:ROTF_RPM_Devastator_Showdown_Playset.jpg

(I have included aproximate AU$ retail prices for each in the poll, even for the items not here yet, or at all)

Seraphim Prime
17th October 2009, 07:57 PM
If I only get to choose one, then I'd go for Supreme for the playability and sheer awesome size factor.

Although I do want the RH and Legends ones if they ever actually come over here.

optimus1
17th October 2009, 08:16 PM
I'd love to get a Legends Devastator! But am not all that fussed, the Supreme one would be ok if it were ever below $100.

I wouldnt mind the Robot Heroes version as well!

Or maybe Im just a Devy fan :p

mightyant
17th October 2009, 09:21 PM
What the hell happened to the mega powerbot one? Did they leave it out in the sun too long or is it meant to be that ugly?

MV75
17th October 2009, 09:50 PM
"Go ahead and pull the trigger punk".

I see no other situation that would force you to buy any of these. :p

But if that bullet was for anyone else but me, I'd choose the big guy purely because it's the most "movie accurate".

dirge
18th October 2009, 10:29 AM
Legends. It has the intricate engineering that a Transformer should (IMO) have. I've picked it up, and that's all I'll want.

Bartrim
20th October 2009, 02:53 PM
Well I want the Supreme class and the legends one but I'm voting for the RPM trackset because I am definitely getting that to play with my son:)

1orion2many
20th October 2009, 03:13 PM
I don't like ledgends but voted for the Ledgend version as it's the only one which seems to offer the old gesalt style combining;)

Vector Sigma 13
20th October 2009, 08:12 PM
Ezy legends - i havent bought any versions of Devy YET but this would be the set for me.

Lord_Zed
20th October 2009, 11:21 PM
At their current price, if I was forced to pick one I'd get the cheapest one. When they start lowering the price on Supreme Devestator (by a lot) and legends Devestator (by a little) ask me again. ;)

Deonasis
20th October 2009, 11:32 PM
The choice was ezy but i'd like to get el supremo one day.

GoktimusPrime
21st October 2009, 12:49 PM
I chose EZ, but I'd consider getting Supreme Devvie if it hit around the $90 mark.

Jetfire
22nd October 2009, 04:57 PM
I chose EZ, but I'd consider getting Supreme Devvie if it hit around the $90 mark.

Your minimum price seems to be on the way up Goktimus ;)

GoktimusPrime
22nd October 2009, 06:58 PM
Heh. Well initially I thought that $130 but it seems that it's more like $170 (I've seen this toy selling for $170 at TRU and Target). So I've raised my min price based on this observation. :)

Jhiaxus
26th October 2009, 02:02 PM
I'm afraid you didn't put my personal choice on the list, GRiff.

Shame on you for forgetting the Burger King Devastator toy.

I had to vote for that crappy Combiner Class (not Supreme class) Devastator.

--Boltax.

Wheel-J
1st November 2009, 12:54 AM
Option 2 for me, but the gift set (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/gift-set-images-of-hasbro-version-rotf-legend-class-devastator/17246/)! :)

Autocon
1st November 2009, 02:31 AM
the new hasbro gift set legends!
and supreme when on sale
and when all is bought maybe track set

griffin
12th November 2009, 02:15 AM
One more to the add to the set, and one left to go (RHs version).

http://www.otca.com.au/dev2.jpg

GoktimusPrime
12th November 2009, 12:27 PM
It looks like a Devastator themed water slide ride! Damnit, they need to make this ride!!

GoktimusPrime
13th November 2009, 12:23 PM
Even after getting Combiner Class Devastator on discount at $97, I'm still quite disappointed and feel that I paid too much for this toy.

Here are some of my thoughts:
+ The individual Constructicons are _far_ too simple, especially the limbs whose transformations are on par with Red Rooster and McDonald Happy Meal Transformers.
+ I don't like the colours. Overall they make the toys look too Fisher Price, especially on Scavenger.
+ The leg vehicles are much smaller than the other Constructicons. I think this was done to make Devastator's legs shorter to make him look more simian, but the result is that Rampage and Long Haul are midgets compared to the others. I was never expecting perfect scale, but I find them to be too significantly undersized.
+ Most annoying sound gimmick ever! omfg... I could put up with Energon Scorponok and I even tolerate ROTF Leader Optimus Prime... but Mixmaster's sound gimmick goes off if you even look at it funny! For the first time ever I removed the batteries because the gimmick was driving me nucking futs.
+ Devastator is big, beefy and heavy! I haven't weighed it, but it stands at around 32cm (depending on how you pose those two "bunny ears" on the top). One thing that appeals to me about this toy is the size and how it can better interact with say the Deluxe Twins. :)
+ The Nom Nom(TM) gimmick is hell fun. :D See my conribution to Jhiaxus' "Can Devvie Eat It?" thread. ;)

Overall it's a nice toy that, even at $97, is still overpriced; but I don't think we'll see it for much cheaper any time soon considering the RRP is around $170. My advice is:
* If you don't really want this toy, don't get it.
* If you do want this toy and you have better patience than me, then wait a year or so for a better discount (then come back and laugh at suckas like me :p)

Now my question is to others who own this toy; how much would you pay for these Constructicons if (hypothetically speaking) Hasbro sold them individually? I'd pay $5 each for Rampage and Long Haul, $9 each for Hightower and Scrapper, $20 for Scavenger and $25-30 for Mixmaster (cos we all know that electronic gimmicks jack up the price). So at most I think the toy should be worth $78.

Firestorm
29th November 2009, 05:08 PM
I say the Legends Version, since i like the fact it has seperate vehicle and robot modes
A friend of mine got combiner class devy recently for $150 at myer (2 days later i saw it for $114 at kmart then the next day i saw it for $98 at Big W) I had a little play around with his Combiner Class Devy to see what it's like and in my opinion for the price it's a decent size could use a few more sound gimmicks and really needs a more complicated transformation
Well that's my opinion anyway

Bartrim
2nd December 2009, 10:21 AM
It looks like a Devastator themed water slide ride! Damnit, they need to make this ride!!

That would be wicked. As long as you don't hit his wrecking balls:p

langzixinxin
11th December 2009, 12:19 PM
It paid $150 for it.

The quality (sorry, again, I know I am fussy on this) is very good.

A little thing is, US versions are grey face, while the supreme class ones sold in japan are red face, more close to movie.

AussieJason
18th December 2009, 08:24 PM
I just bought the Supreme Devy for $150 at Target, so that got my vote.

5FDP
19th December 2009, 11:21 AM
I have voiced my preference elsewhere on this board. Legends class gets my vote. Can't wait for this to be released locally.

roller
19th December 2009, 10:39 PM
id buy like

the red one

griffin
18th February 2010, 02:10 AM
As promised, the fifth and final (maybe) Devastator Toy for TF2, has been added to the groupshot.

http://www.otca.com.au/dev4.jpg

One thing I wanted to add while on the topic of Devastator - the large combiner one, the connector for Longhaul is now not holding properly. I
think the sheer weight of the toy has either warped the connector to prevent Longhaul from plugging in properly anymore, or, it was damaged
when the toy fell about a meter from my display shelf (which drop-testing should prevent). Either way, the toy is just so heavy on the load bearing
joints, that it would never have worked (held its weight) with more moving parts (from individually converting figures).

CryptiK
18th February 2010, 02:31 AM
I voted Robot heroes he's clearly the best :P. if only the supreme class Devs had Transforming constructicons yeah I know they didnt exactly transform in the Movie but come on.. and if I was to get Supreme he'd have to look like this : http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/272486-sup-devs-more-movie-accurate-closer-scale.html first

Nightscreech
13th August 2010, 08:37 PM
legends Devastator the figures are triple changers and it doesnt cost a fortune

LordCyrusOmega
14th August 2010, 06:57 PM
I brought legends and supreme versions. Supreme is good for the sheer size of him and legends is good for playability. However after watching revenge of the fallen the other day i realised that there are probably nine vehicles making devestator so highly doubt we'll get a movie accurate devestator. Either way i'm happy

GoktimusPrime
14th August 2010, 07:36 PM
I have both the Combiner Class and Legends Devvies too, but if I could only keep one I'd keep the Legends. :) :)

SkyWarp91
15th August 2010, 12:15 AM
Supreme Devastator, it's the size biggest enough to try and fit my deluxe class mudflap into the mouth!

griffin
15th August 2010, 12:41 AM
I think the Legends class would be just the right scale for doing that.

SkyWarp91
15th August 2010, 04:00 AM
I think the Legends class would be just the right scale for doing that.

>___<

griffin
15th August 2010, 09:37 AM
I meant, Legends class Twins with Supreme Devastator...

1AZRAEL1
15th August 2010, 11:26 AM
You know, I still don't own a Dev from ROTF, but I would probably own Legends Size because they can transform individually as well.

GoktimusPrime
15th August 2010, 02:14 PM
Well, both the Combiner and Legends Class Devvies continue to shelf warm; so they're both pretty easy to find. Wouldn't surprise me if I still saw them on shelves this Xmas. Combiner Class Devastator is proving to be the new Supreme Cheetor!

liegeprime
15th August 2010, 03:41 PM
Well I bought the Supreme class coz it was on sale $80+ at Big W ( god bless Lay By payment plans) and Im willing to pay that much for it, if it went for $100 or more , nah. Now that I have it though, dang its quite the space eater, hehehe. Id prolly buy the Legends for display purposes and play value since it's components are triple changers - if Im to choose , prolly the legends.

christalcase
15th August 2010, 09:37 PM
Well, both the Combiner and Legends Class Devvies continue to shelf warm; so they're both pretty easy to find.

not in Queensland :(, I think there was only one confirmed legends devastator sighting so far

anyway I would grab legends class, it's complex for it's scale (the engineering is really impressive) and very fun to play with

GoktimusPrime
16th August 2010, 12:42 PM
Are you actually looking for a Legends Devastator? Cos it would've been good to grab one during the Target Toy Sale (even during the sale they shelf warmed!) and send one to you. But now the sale's over and they're back to their regular $49-something RRP - which is still decent value as it makes them approx. $7 per toy (which is the standard price for a single Legends TF anyway).

If you're willing to pay that price + postage I could probably grab a Legends Devvie and send it to you. :)

5FDP
16th August 2010, 01:33 PM
I haven't seen legends Devastator for weeks since I bought one at my local Target in western Sydney. They only had about 5 to begin with though. I don't think it's shelf-warming as much as you think Gok.

christalcase
16th August 2010, 04:51 PM
Are you actually looking for a Legends Devastator? Cos it would've been good to grab one during the Target Toy Sale (even during the sale they shelf warmed!) and send one to you. But now the sale's over and they're back to their regular $49-something RRP - which is still decent value as it makes them approx. $7 per toy (which is the standard price for a single Legends TF anyway).

If you're willing to pay that price + postage I could probably grab a Legends Devvie and send it to you. :)

no, I've already got mine overseas, thanks for the offer though :), but I was just thinking if I hadnt gotten mine already I would be very frustrated at the sporadic Target release of it

GoktimusPrime
16th August 2010, 07:02 PM
I haven't seen legends Devastator for weeks since I bought one at my local Target in western Sydney. They only had about 5 to begin with though. I don't think it's shelf-warming as much as you think Gok.

Well I'm finding Devastators at most of the Targets I frequent. But of course, this is just my personal anecdotal observation. :)

Mr Ed
24th August 2010, 10:56 PM
I got both the Legends and Supreme.

I love both of them.

I got a spare Legends Devastator is someone wants it. $39. Brisbane only.

Cosmo Kramer
14th June 2011, 08:35 PM
Hi Mr. Ed,

My 4yo has taken a deep interest in Transformers (I am so proud!), and has his heart set on getting a Legends Devastator for his birthday (Jul 2) which one of his friends also has.

I am just curious if you still have this for sale.

He is constantly watching the YouTube videos posted on this and has a great eye for detail. (I tried to get him interested in the Supreme Devastator but even he knows they don't individually transform.)

I can no longer find this anywhere (unless any other spotters here have) and apologies if this is posted in the wrong thread but would apreciate some pointers as to where to get one at a reasonable price.

He also plays with my Original Soundwave from the 80's (I only have the bird cassette now and am missing the dog?) Can anyone here also name the red autobot plane I have from 1984 which has a Takara stamp on it. It stands about 8cm high when in robot mode.

Thanks guys, appreciate your help.:)

Gutsman Heavy
14th June 2011, 08:42 PM
Target are clearing out Legends Devastator for sub $10. If you can find one.

Plane sounds like Powerglide
http://www.absoluteanime.com/admin/favtoy/favtoy-transformers-powerglide.jpg

GoktimusPrime
14th June 2011, 10:41 PM
My 4yo has taken a deep interest in Transformers (I am so proud!), and has his heart set on getting a Legends Devastator for his birthday (Jul 2) which one of his friends also has.

I am just curious if you still have this for sale.

He is constantly watching the YouTube videos posted on this and has a great eye for detail. (I tried to get him interested in the Supreme Devastator but even he knows they don't individually transform.)
Your child's instincts serve him/her well -- Legends Devastator indeed a superior toy to Combiner Class Devastator (the only thing the latter has going for it is size... that's it. The Legends set is better in virtually every other aspect).

I can no longer find this anywhere (unless any other spotters here have) and apologies if this is posted in the wrong thread but would apreciate some pointers as to where to get one at a reasonable price.
Legends Devastator was readily available at Target where it shelf-warmed for quite some time. I'm surprised you haven't been able to find one. Unfortunately I haven't seen any recently. Quite a few stores have had sales on for Revenge of the Fallen toys in an effort to move those stocks before the Dark of the Moon toys came out. :(

(I only have the bird cassette now
Ermm... I'm guessing that's Buzzsaw (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Buzzsaw_%28G1%29) (the gold and black condor that came with Soundwave)?

and am missing the dog?)
Jaguar. And his name's Ravage (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ravage_%28G1%29).

Can anyone here also name the red autobot plane I have from 1984 which has a Takara stamp on it. It stands about 8cm high when in robot mode.
As Gutsman Heavy said, it sounds like Powerglide (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Powerglide). A red A10 Thunderbolt. That's a 1985 figure btw.