PDA

View Full Version : Release status for GIJoe in AUS.

griffin
20th October 2009, 02:14 PM
After someone commented that the GIJoe toyline would probably be axed in Australia now that the movie was over and stores were discounting their stock to get rid of it, I asked Hasbro AUS, and below is the reply, confirming that the GIJoe toyline will continue here, but probably not as extensive as in America:

Currently we have some overstocks so it is unlikely we will be getting the further-out waves of product i.e waves 3 or 4 onwards in most cases.

We will most likely be continuing with a tight core line next year (ie figures and vehicles) to bridge the gap until the second movie.

For those who know the toyline better than me, hope that gives some reassurance of being able to buy more of your figures domestically.
If you want to know about specific future figure assortments, post the question here (detailing the size class and wave/figure-assortment), and I'll see if I can get an answer for you. No guarantees though.

Lord_Zed
20th October 2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the info! :)

Ok I got a question though.

If Wave 3 and 4 are no shows will there be any other waves released before year end? Wave 5 which has just been released in America for example contaning City Strike Duke and Jungle Ripcord for example, or can we confirm there will be no new toys due till 2010 due to overstock?

Dern Hasbro and their overstocking, but the same thing happened with Wolverine.

Glad to hear the line is continuing, though having seen some of the 2010 toys, they may just be good enough for me to justify ordering whole waves online.

foor
21st October 2009, 08:15 PM
Yes, and whether we will also get the Pursuit of Cobra line. We've missed the boat on W3 and W4 (Sob... my Pit Commando...), but I'd like to know if which new product we'll be getting once they managed to clearance their overstock of W1/W2.

rateeg
21st October 2009, 11:30 PM
Hope they get those W3 and W4 out coz it's really really really really really delayed.
We are being left out. :(

JustOwen
21st October 2009, 11:31 PM
if we missed wave 3 and 4, wouldnt hasbro just kill the line there?

Currently most of the stocks on sale in Aus are mostly wave 1. I haven't seen any wave 2 stuffs like Cover Girl, sgt stone etc appearing after they were first released.

Mecheon
6th November 2009, 08:19 AM
I'm gonna ask about exclusives. Are we getting anything aside from the Target vehicles?

Cause I really, really want that Rhino, the TRU exclusive Water Moccasin that was just revealed, and some of the Walmart packs

Deceptic_Optic
6th November 2009, 10:51 AM
Well currently kmart is on sale with Joes for $10 a pop so im assuming they are pushing it out of the door to make some space for more new waves to come in. So i think we just need to be patient with this matter.Till then just keep on waiting til it happens but if you cant wait for it ebay and other online toys store are there.

Lord_Zed
8th November 2009, 06:43 PM
Making space? or getting rid off?

Hasbro said they were keeping Gi Joe around, in limited quantaties, doesn't mean every store will carry them.

I'm skeptical of Kmart restocking.

Mecheon
9th November 2009, 06:40 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't restock, they've kept the same bloody Starwars stuff on the shelves for forever and that stuff hasn't budged since the start of the year

Plus they're cheap

(By the way, head to Target, the mini vehicles are down to $10 for some reason)

Lord_Zed
9th November 2009, 09:56 PM
yeah but Star Wars has that timless appeal, even if it doesn't sell.

Using past examples GI Joe has often come and gone, for a while a number of stores had Spytroops and Valor vs Venom and then they all ditched them at bargain prices. So I don't want to get my hopes up to much.