PDA

View Full Version : Pursuit Of Cobra In Jeopardy For UK & G.I. Joe Rise Of Cobra Alpha Vehicles Wave 3 Ca

JustOwen
23rd October 2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi-joe-movie-2/pursuit-of-cobra-in-jeopardy-for-uk-9086/

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi-joe-movie-2/gi-joe-rise-of-cobra-alpha-vehicles-wave-3-cancelled-until-further-notice-9087/

Is this happening to us too?

Lord_Zed
23rd October 2009, 01:17 PM
Yes and no, if you read Griffins thread elsewhere.

They have suggested they will keep Gi Joe around in Australia but in limited quantaties, so don't excpect to see everything.

Frankly If I see any of the new waves online that are at least 75%+ win then I will order online to be safe.

Fungal Infection
23rd October 2009, 04:53 PM
Wouldn't surprise me even though Hasbro has said otherwise. I've noticed that the figures/vehicles hardly moved at their regular retail prices but when they dropped under $15 for the figures and $50 for the vehicles, they started to move, moreso at $10 for the figures. I guess that shows that Hasbro Aus. has got to change the pricing structure of the toys here in Aus. As much as I love the Steel Crusher and the Night Raven, there's no way in hell I'd pay over $45 for the SC or over $60 for the NR. And when you consider that there are TFs which are much more harder to engineer for a lesser price, it really shows how much Hasbro has the pricing wrong. eg. Night Raven is $95 rrp, Leader Optimus is $90 rrp. On a separate note, 3 Kmarts in my area have close to no figures left on show since the clearance price was put into effect, no SC or Airships, and only a few of the Alpha vehicles left. Plenty of NR and Pits though.

Defcon
23rd October 2009, 08:28 PM
Totally agree on the pricing structure as Fungal Infection Just said is overpriced. The retail price needs to be reduced, unfortunately this probably won't happen. But I think seriously the price isn't the only thing holding this line back. If only they made a successful computer game, unfortunately It wasn't a hit. It may of generated an enduring interest in the line.

foor
23rd October 2009, 09:11 PM
Strange... I thought Hasbro posted record earnings with the Joe movie line. All just a spin?

JustOwen
23rd October 2009, 11:54 PM
Fingers cross. I hope we see something new by x'mas.

Mr Toyworld opposite to Myer in Queen St, Brisbane CBD has the gi joe resolute 5 pack at 65.99

Lord_Zed
24th October 2009, 12:41 AM
I asked about wether we will see new Joe figures localy before 2010 on the other thread.

To be honest I doubt we will, but cross your fingers anyways.

As for Pricing it's no suprise they didn't sell at those prices, when you consider vehicles were effectively double the price of the 25th Anniversary line, and figures were $3-5 more. Very early in the piece there was talk of big sales in America on Joe stuff at Walmart, and thier RRP is cheaper than ours.