PDA

View Full Version : PSP's

blackie
25th October 2009, 12:32 PM
hey guys
im considdering buying a PSP, but there seems to be a lot of different models about(1000,2000,3000,go), so i was wondering if anyone knew which is the best to get in terms of features, hackability, battery life, display etc?

Vector Prime
25th October 2009, 03:43 PM
I have a original PSP1000 that never really saw much usage... believe it or not, I think the DS is a better handheld system and found myself playing with the DS more.

Personally I don't think the PSP is that great and the new PSP Go is just plain fail.

Features, battery life and display wise, the 3000 is the best since it's the latest (last) incarnation of the media based PSPs.

As for hackability, I believe the old 1000 series were the best, however this depends on the firmware that the system is running (not an expert on PSP hacking, so don't take it as gospel).

PSP info (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable)

blackoptimus
25th October 2009, 06:41 PM
hey guys
im considdering buying a PSP, but there seems to be a lot of different models about(1000,2000,3000,go), so i was wondering if anyone knew which is the best to get in terms of features, hackability, battery life, display etc?

1000 fat and old
2000 decent but hard to find new
3000 Highly recommended because this can be hacked cause it's the latest psp Go doesn't count as psp for me, it's a fail and a waist of your money.

If your not to fussy about watching movies through UMD then I recommend going on ebay to get a japanese import one. The only difference is that you can't play UMD movie's and UMD music albums, so it's cheaper online and you get a choice from a variety of colors. (Get spirit green)

Hope that helps!

Fungal Infection
25th October 2009, 07:10 PM
I had a 1000 series and upgraded to a 2000 series and find its the best of the 3 regular PSPs released. Its thinner than the 1000 and has a better display than the 3000. Read this review for what I mean on the screen:

Linky (http://au.gear.ign.com/articles/923/923225p1.html)

I also have a DSi but in comparison I get more enjoyable game time with the PSP. I find the games on DS too gimicky whereas the games on PSP tend to be more geared for the extreme gamer. I guess it depends on what you like to play. My games of choice are less cutesy and gimicky like those of the DS and Wii and the multimedia functions of the PSP appeal more to the tech side of me. I keep the PSP with me in the car whenever I go out to pickup the missus and play it in the can as well! :p The addition of WiFi is an added bonus too and I can even listen to music and watch movies in widescreen glory in the bedroom if I feel like it. But thats just me, make your judgement on what type of games you like.

PS. All of the PSPs can be hacked, no model is more hackable than the other. And as for getting a japanese one, if you are used to using the X button as your confirm button, then I'd advised against getting a jap unit. I have a jap unit and whilst you can upgrade the firmware, the confirm button is the O button which can get frustrating when you are used to using the X button (like on the PS2 and PS3). Not a deal breaker but something to consider (and no it cannot be changed unless you hack the firmware).

Linthart
25th October 2009, 07:20 PM
It doesn't matter which model cause they will all play god of war :D