PDA

View Full Version : Fortress Maximus

roller
1st March 2008, 09:18 AM
I'd like a Fortress Maximus

Somewhere along $400 range would be nice, 90% complete would be good

he who brings this toy to me will have their name enscribed in my will, the way my asthma is going i shall be gone by next month, alas

Ohhhh the jap one would also be good, who doesnt like big red swords

1orion2many
1st March 2008, 09:52 AM
:)Don't hold your breath at that price, from what I've seen on ebay recently Fort Max has severly increased in price. I think a 90% complete Fort Max goes for about $600 U.S now but that is of course affected by condition and parts missing. If you have to buy Spike seperate I have seen them advertised for between $125.00-$175.00 U.S. Thank goodness I picked mine up about 6 months ago for $75.00 U.S. Good luck Roller;).

jaydisc
1st March 2008, 10:19 AM
What would you be willing to pay for a body only?

Ramp mechanism works, one wrist, one leg and one waist gun missing. No accessories.

roller
1st March 2008, 04:52 PM
I'd say around $60 Jay

kup
1st March 2008, 08:29 PM
Most of the value in a Fort Max is in two components, Spike & Cerebros.

Like all Headmasters, without the head (or 'heads' in this case) it devalues considerably.

benben2142
2nd March 2008, 12:04 AM
I want a fort max for $50 misb LOL!

dirge
2nd March 2008, 05:23 AM
I want a fort max for $50 misb LOL!

You better hope Santa's in a generous mood come Decemeber! :)

jaydisc
2nd March 2008, 06:41 PM
I got mine for $40, but not MISB

iceburn
3rd March 2008, 06:10 PM
You better hope Santa's in a generous mood come Decemeber! :)

think $50 misb is only available for mini Fort Max or the KO version
a long way down the list for me to go with this particular TF

reillyd
4th March 2008, 04:32 PM
If you can't afford to buy an original one, I'd be a little patient and wait for the inevitable reissue. Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme are already announced, and Takara still has the mould for Fortress Maximus, though it might come in Brave maximus colours.

liegeprime
4th March 2008, 06:01 PM
I certainly prefer the colors of the RiD version of Fort Max. Darker and more citylike IMO. :)

kup
5th March 2008, 08:16 PM
I concur with prefering Brave Max colors but I still prefer G1 colors for nostalgia reasons.

GoktimusPrime
5th March 2008, 08:26 PM
Brave Max totally has better colours than Fortress Maximus. But Fortress Maximus is cool simply because he is Fortress Maximus!

It's the same reason why I also like my Powermaster Optimus Prime toy despite the fact that Super Ginrai is an inherently better toy - as cool as Ginrai may be, he's just _not_ Optimus Prime. ;)

dirge
5th March 2008, 10:18 PM
I much prefer God Ginrai. It helps that I love Masterforce!

Oh and Brave Max has gooder colours, but gee I wish he came with the obscenely large handguns.

kup
6th March 2008, 08:32 AM
When it comes to Power Master Prime, I knew that Ginrai was considerably a better toy than PM Prime (chrome, retractable fists, Die cast). However I was only interested in getting Power Master Prime toy for the character but I wanted him with the Takara upgrades.

I knew that I couldn't just buy a Ginarai and pretend he was PM Prime as that doesn't ring well with me since they are radically different characters so what I did was buy the Hasbro commemorative reissue of 'Power Master Optimus Prime with Apex Armor' which is identical to Ginrai (except for Apex Bomber's elongated missile) which is officially a toy representation of Power Master Prime.

That was a win win there for me since I didn't really care much for Apex Bomber so his elongated missile was a bit irrelevant to me and I don't display him with Apex/God Bomber armor.

Also on close inspection of the missile, it can be modified and 'shrinked' to normal size.

GoktimusPrime
6th March 2008, 10:38 AM
Oh, I absolutely agree that Ginrai is the better toy by a long shot. What I meant was that I prefer PM Prime as Optimus Prime, similar to how I prefer Fortress Maximus as Fortress Maximus - toywise Brave Maximus is the nicer one.

Bring on Apex Armour Time Warrior! :p

roller
30th July 2008, 06:43 PM
thought id try my luck since its holding toy wise:D

recently ive crossed off G2 Starscream, G1 Thunderclash and BM Primal Prime from the regret not buying list

iceburn
30th July 2008, 07:05 PM
ohh have you guys saw the Crystal Maximus before?
ask Demonac...

valkyrie_76
4th August 2008, 11:00 PM
Missed out on a MIB Fort Max that went for US$1100 on ebay just last night. Had US$900 but that was past 2 days before and I dont think Ill fork that kind of money for that.......well I might of :)

Krayt
8th August 2008, 10:47 AM
Grand Maximus is by far the best..... But both Fort and Grand need a different coloured/painted face like Brave has

roller
8th August 2008, 07:59 PM
so what your all saying is

Your all looking out to get me a cheap complete Fort Max?

I luv you guys

blackie
10th August 2008, 10:55 AM
i found this one, however its on ebay in america so postage will be expensive, still its cheep, and its missing spike, but hey for 175 us its not bad i think...

http://cgi.ebay.com/FORTRESS-MAXIMUS_W0QQitemZ230279858867QQihZ013QQcategoryZ46 96QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

roller
10th August 2008, 11:43 AM
thanks blackie

unfortunately i cant ebay at the mo

thanks for the link

roller
17th September 2008, 09:12 PM
Ha thought id try my luck this month

Omega Supreme
17th September 2008, 09:21 PM
I got a Brave one up for sale if your interested his pic is in my sales thread.