PDA

View Full Version : New Punch / Counterpunch Head Sculpt Artwork

Vector Prime
29th October 2009, 10:04 PM
Illustrations of the head mold for the upcoming Transformers Collectors Club exclusive Punch/Counterpunch have been revealed.

I know it's only a redeco/retooling of Sideswipe/Sunstreaker/Red Alert, but for some reason I'm pretty excited about this one. :D

http://www.transformersclub.com/_images/punchhead_turnarounds2.jpg

Ode to a Grasshopper
30th October 2009, 12:11 AM
Wanting this pretty bad too. Lousy exclusives...

TheFallen
30th October 2009, 12:33 AM
Is the membership worth getting?

This is the only time I have considered becoming a member but it is only because I want to get Punch/CounterPunch

iceburn
30th October 2009, 08:47 AM
Is the membership worth getting?

This is the only time I have considered becoming a member but it is only because I want to get Punch/CounterPunch

if it's just punch/counterpunch that you want, consider asking a fellow fan that is already a member of the club to get it for you. not sure if there's one in Adelaide though

TheFallen
30th October 2009, 10:48 AM
if it's just punch/counterpunch that you want, consider asking a fellow fan that is already a member of the club to get it for you. not sure if there's one in Adelaide though

That was something I thought about doing. But if the free membership figure is any good then maybe it would be worth signing up.

I really don't want to miss out on P/CP

iceburn
30th October 2009, 10:55 AM
maybe P/CP is the new membership toy... :D

Doubledealer
30th October 2009, 01:21 PM
Would love to get one of these too. Does anyone have any idea how much it will cost? I guess we could compare it to TFCC Nightbeat, how much was that shipped to OZ (if you're a TFCC member)?

iceburn
30th October 2009, 01:40 PM
Would love to get one of these too. Does anyone have any idea how much it will cost? I guess we could compare it to TFCC Nightbeat, how much was that shipped to OZ (if you're a TFCC member)?

Member's shipping price for e.g. Nightbeat US$48 (member's price) to 3000

Shipping cost only:
1 item: Express only option - US$46
2 items: US$62.70 ($31.35 each)
3 items: US$80.00 ($26.66 each)
4 items: US$97.25 ($24.31 each)
5 items: US$114.50 ($22.90 each)

Doubledealer
30th October 2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks Iceburn. So just to clarify, if I were a TFCC member and wanted to order 2 Nightbeats when they came out (not sure if they still sell them) it would cost me US$62.70 all up including shipping?

iceburn
30th October 2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks Iceburn. So just to clarify, if I were a TFCC member and wanted to order 2 Nightbeats when they came out (not sure if they still sell them) it would cost me US$62.70 all up including shipping?

the prices quoted above are jus shipping price. the item itself will cost you an additional US$48 per figure (member's price)

Doubledealer
30th October 2009, 04:21 PM
Dang, that's a whole lot of enchilada's senor. :(

Paulbot
30th October 2009, 04:58 PM
Dang, that's a whole lot of enchilada's senor. :(

Their high 'foreign' posting charges is one of the main reasons I recommend against being a member. :(

Wheel-J
30th October 2009, 11:52 PM
Pretty obvious there's an ingenious flipping headgear to cover up the back side of each head mode. Nice trick. Very cool design on both counts. Though nothing near with the automorphing gimmick that Animated Shockwave has. :rolleyes: Would they also put a light piping on it?...maybe not.

canofwhoopass_87
31st October 2009, 02:03 AM
Lol doesn't the original G1 P/CP have this "ingenious" flipping headgear/visor?

He's a cool character though. One of my childhood favs. Would've liked to see more of him in the US animated series other than that brief ass kicking encounter with the decepticon clones. He missed them point blank!

He should be universed 2.0'd as well.

SofaMan
1st November 2009, 10:28 AM
Member's shipping price for e.g. Nightbeat US$48 (member's price) to 3000

Shipping cost only:
1 item: Express only option - US$46
2 items: US$62.70 ($31.35 each)
3 items: US$80.00 ($26.66 each)
4 items: US$97.25 ($24.31 each)
5 items: US$114.50 ($22.90 each)

That's absurd. I can come at the item's price, since it's a limited run exclusive figure, but that postage cost is just naked profiteering. How can it possibly cost as much to send the figure as the figure costs?? :mad:

TheFallen
1st November 2009, 01:20 PM
I would like to find some members from Adelaide so I could do a group order because that shipping is insane

Hell, if there were no members from Adelaide then I will become the member. I just don't want to miss out on P/CP

canofwhoopass_87
1st November 2009, 05:11 PM
Even if you can't get one right away, they'll pop up on ebay eventually.

TheFallen
1st November 2009, 05:39 PM
Even if you can't get one right away, they'll pop up on ebay eventually.

Thats my back up plan :)

reillyd
1st November 2009, 08:22 PM
I'm a member, happy to order for anyone, but the shipping is a nightmare.
Often cheaper to buy it off ebay, at an inflated price, plus shipping, than it is to order from the club store direct.

Brian from FP is keenly aware, just doesn't care. The impression he gives is that he really isn't fussed about international members, as its not their core business.

griffin
2nd November 2009, 01:00 PM
Brian from FP is keenly aware, just doesn't care. The impression he gives is that he really isn't fussed about international members, as its not their core business.

I totally agree with that perception.

hanprimus
22nd November 2009, 10:30 AM
Found the pics while surfing at other forum, not sure how to make the size bigger. :o
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee35/keztnah/punchcounterpunch-1.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee35/keztnah/punchcounterpunch-2.jpg

Sky Shadow
22nd November 2009, 10:58 AM
Wowsers. Me wantee. Although surely Counterpunch's head isn't transformed correctly in those pictures.

Kyle
22nd November 2009, 01:38 PM
LOVELY.

fatbot
22nd November 2009, 01:57 PM
wow, i really want him now, here's hoping we can do a sydney group order.

TheFallen
22nd November 2009, 05:44 PM
I so want this. I'm not so sure I want to become a member just to get it but I will consider it

Maybe the Joint Membership that was suggested at todays Adelaide meet is the way to go?

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd November 2009, 07:36 PM
OOooh thats pretty cool, when is this fella out again?

TheFallen
24th November 2009, 12:35 AM
Found the pics while surfing at other forum, not sure how to make the size bigger. :o

Where did you get the pics from? I thought it would be pretty big news but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else

heroic_decepticon
24th November 2009, 08:38 AM
wow, that looks sweet

i_amtrunks
24th November 2009, 10:13 AM
beautiful.

Nice to see the club can still do a decent job with their exclusives.

gamblor916
24th November 2009, 12:03 PM
Not sure about the red wheels but I still want one.

Bartrim
24th November 2009, 04:21 PM
Not sure about the red wheels but I still want one.

Agreed. I was put off slightly by the red wheels but the rest is awesome.

Vector Prime
7th January 2010, 12:25 AM
Sorry to dig this thread back up... the Transformers Collectors Club announced back on the 30/12/09 that Punch/Counterpunch (along with Shattered Glass Cyclonus (http://www.transformersclub.com/_images/2010/cyclonusALTmock.jpg)) will be available for pre-order in the next few weeks.

Official Transformers Collectors Club Website (http://www.transformersclub.com/)

The thing that excites me, is that it also goes on to state that both figures are slated for a Spring release... in US terms, this means March, April and May. :eek:

Are there any members of the Collectors Club willing to organise a group order? :D

fatbot
7th January 2010, 06:34 AM
i may be convinced to do a Sydney order, but you'd have to talk very fast and pay up front to do it.

Bartrim
7th January 2010, 07:39 AM
i may be convinced to do a Sydney order, but you'd have to talk very fast and pay up front to do it.

I'm in big fella just let me know how much and how you would like to be paid... I'm assuming hugs and kisses as usual:p (but seriously put me down for one)

Vector Prime
7th January 2010, 09:08 AM

I'm very keen on Punch/Counterpunch (and maybe Dion if he's available for sale without becoming a member) depending on price... more than happy to organise payment upfront too

kup
7th January 2010, 09:24 AM

I'll pay upfront for a Punch/Counterpunch! Thank you!

gamblor916
7th January 2010, 09:43 AM
If there's a pre order for P/CP them put me on the list too, thanks.

optimus1
7th January 2010, 09:52 AM
I'll pay upfront Mr Fatbot :)

Just let me know details, i'll definitely be in for one

Vector Prime
7th January 2010, 09:59 AM
Seems like us Sydney-siders all want a Punch/Counterpunch and are willing to pay upfront for it :D

The Sydney guys keen so far (and willing to pay upfront):

Bartrim
Vector Prime
gamblor916
optimus1
kup

What more do we need to do to convince you to help us out Fatbot? :D

TheFallen
7th January 2010, 10:12 AM
I would like a P/CP and would be willing to pay extra postage to get it to Adelaide if that is possible?

I will certainly pay upfront

Vector Prime
7th January 2010, 10:33 AM
So we don't potentially violate any forum policies, all further discussion of a potential Sydney group order to be continued here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=6545)

I suggest the other states that are interested, perhaps create a similar thread in the Group Order section of the forum too.

Btw, I think those pics posted above by Bartrim are not of the official release, more rather a custom job (I remember seeing them recently somewhere listed as a custom one off)