PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS HELP! I think my Transformers stickers are growing fungus

Eruntalon
31st October 2009, 02:06 PM
I've recently noticed that some of my transformers stickers seem to be taking on what seems to be squiggly little lines that look organic in nature.

Is this even possible?

I don't have any photo examples to show at the moment but I've painted an example of what best describes what I'm trying to indicate (see attached photo).

It seems to be affecting G1-esque silver stickers most commonly found on most G1 toys, not the clear stickers that you would find on say Soundwave or Wheeljack, and not on the more paper-like stickers you would find on Action Masters.

I'm not remembering any of these lines on items in my collection that I am now beginning to notice. I am seriously contemplating selling off my entire collection before it gets worse as I cannot bear to loose a few prized items.

My entire collection is kept in sealed glad bags in cardboard boxes in a dark cupboard off the ground.

Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know how to remedy this?

SOUNDBLASTER
31st October 2009, 02:14 PM
You definatly can't fix that problem.. unless you use reprolables

I have many older figures that have those same lines on them ..

Its simply an aging thing that happens due to some condition of unknown reasons to me... :cool::cool:

canofwhoopass_87
31st October 2009, 04:16 PM
My G1's have been on display for some time on my shelf. Shaded, relatively cool and I usually have my window open to let fresh air in. No problems with my stickers.

Maybe it's something to do with keeping them in sealed, storage?

gamblor916
31st October 2009, 04:41 PM
I've noticed something like that on my Astrotrain stickers. It doesn't really bother me as it's not that noticeable.
I display my bots with packets of silica gel on each shelf. That seems to take care of any moisture.

Eruntalon
31st October 2009, 04:46 PM
About 3 months ago I bought some transformers with these lines present on the stickers and I didn't really think anything of them. Now since placing them in with the other items in my collection I think I may have contaminated a few items?

Photos coming eventually.

Buying a stack of silica gel satchels and taking all my transformers out of storage.

MV75
31st October 2009, 06:00 PM
Ask Griffin about his moldy binaltechs. :D

griffin
5th November 2009, 02:56 PM
The Sideswipe Binaltech had mould on the black chest panel, which was really weird, because it was so isolated to just that part. And since Sideswipe is the only BT with that chest piece/design, there were no other figures to compare it with.
And I haven't found that sort of problem anywhere else in the collection, so it's a real stumper.

GoktimusPrime
5th November 2009, 03:09 PM
I wonder if keeping any dessicant satchets on your shelves would do anything to discourage fungal growth. :/

Jetfire
5th November 2009, 03:09 PM
Transfungus :D

gamblor916
5th November 2009, 04:31 PM
I wonder if keeping any dessicant satchets on your shelves would do anything to discourage fungal growth. :/

Well it would be pretty pointless if they were out in the open.
If they're sealed away then yes I think it helps. Plus I'm not talking about tiny satchels that you get with some things. I have several hefty bags of the stuff.