Trailer Park Ninja
5th November 2009, 06:46 PM
*** Spoiler Alert ****

Preview shows death of.....

Not really interested and hate the whole skeletal face thing :rolleyes:

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23587

MV75
5th November 2009, 06:56 PM
Well after that classics toy of it, he pretty much deserves to be killed.

Sky Shadow
5th November 2009, 07:19 PM
It was bad enough when just the scripts were unreadable, now I can't even enjoy the pictures. I hope to heck that they're not making Nick Roche draw in this new movie-rape house style, 'cause if they do, it looks like I won't be buying another IDW comic. :(

SilverDragon
5th November 2009, 08:22 PM
After reading that, my first reaction was OH GOD WHY.

Why are they skeletal? I can't even recognise them as Transformers. It also clashes really badly with the previous comics-everyone exploded or something after AHM and had to be glued back together, by the looks of it.

Oh, and this is apparently the end of the issue. WAY TO SPOIL A TWIST

I hope to heck that they're not making Nick Roche draw in this new movie-rape house style, 'cause if they do, it looks like I won't be buying another IDW comic. :(

I don't think he is.

Lord_Zed
5th November 2009, 10:35 PM
I like the idea of humans vs Autobots, it just goes against the goody goody G1 flavour that AHM took the series.

But yeah the art style is urrrgh. A combination of movie and g1 that is WORSE than any style seen in either.

Seraphim Prime
5th November 2009, 10:55 PM
Although the movie-esque style, with it's hyper-detail, is kinda cool in static poses (and I can understand why Don is trying it out) the three panels really show how its not really effective when trying to convey emotion - I mean it took three read-throughs to distinguish Hot Rod's look as shock/horror.

That is my only complaint about the art, otherwise the art is interesting, and the story is intriguing.

Paulbot
5th November 2009, 11:05 PM
I don't think the art is too far removed from the over-detailed robot forms IDW always had before AHM.

Turning G1 Bumblebee into Movie Bumblebee is my main objection.

That and the spoilery thing being so overused that does anyone really care these days.

TheFallen
6th November 2009, 01:10 AM
Bring back Dreamwave :)

i_amtrunks
6th November 2009, 11:49 AM
meh, cannot even bother to make myself care about this series.

I dont mind different looking tf's, I love the G2 comic, but this is just mind bogglingly terrible.

OrionPax
6th November 2009, 12:42 PM
Bring back Dreamwave :)

Yea...Dreamwave was so good! :). I felt so disappointed when I couldnt read till the end of War Within and Energon :(

Tabias Prime
6th November 2009, 06:49 PM
Yea...Dreamwave was so good! :). I felt so disappointed when I couldnt read till the end of War Within and Energon :(

Pity Pat Lee had to go and F@#$ it up for everyone...i was enjoying them myself :mad::mad:

Sam
6th November 2009, 09:42 PM
For myself, I really enjoyed The War Within because:

- Loved any backstory that took place on Cybertron
- Loved Don's designs of the TFs
- Didn't feature any humans

Looking at the preview, I can't say I'm a fan of the way the faces are done now - to me they look awful.

If the storyline is good, I may wait for the trade paperback instead.

TheFallen
6th November 2009, 11:45 PM
The War Within was one of the best things to happen to the G1 franchise

I haven't really enjoyed any IDW series yet

kup
16th November 2009, 06:04 AM
An Interview with the Publishing editor of the ongoing series, Andy Schmidt:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/interviews-27/tfw2005-interviews-idw-publishing-editor-andy-schmidt-168776/

To me he sounds like a text book case geewhunner so I have very little hope for this. Another thing that fuels my skepticism is that IDW is in the habit of lying to readers before a major release so I also don't trust what he says.

dsaint
16th November 2009, 08:34 PM
I thought the IDW iteration started with promise but gradually went downhill and then with All Hail Megatron decided to crash head first into a new era of awfulness. I found the Simon Furman stuff the best as well as Megatron:Origin (which I feel was inspired by Raksha's Megatron origin story - ...ahhh the memories of those many years ago when I corresponded with that serpentine and somewhat manic transfan).

Gutsman Heavy
16th November 2009, 08:50 PM
According to Don the art is not movie-geewun but his attempt to make the faces less cartoony, fair enough IMO. I don't mind it but they do look a tad feline, kinda like the smurfs from Avatar...