PDA

View Full Version : Easy knee fix for Universe Silverbolt/Superion

snaketales
8th November 2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks to primetime I picked up a Superion appendage kit, which motivated me to try fix Silverbolt's knee problem.
Some of you may not know that Silverbolt's legs are on backwards so that although he has knees he cannot bend them - and if he could they would bend forward, rather than backward.
I found this guide which was of immense help. It took me about 25 rather than 15 minutes but the result is worthwhile.
If you try it a word of warning - the springs in his hip joints can fire off. I recommend you keep a thumb over the springs when prising the joint off otherwise you will end up like me, on your hands and knees looking for a 5mm spring.

Apologies if it has already been posted

Linky link:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/how-to-fix-your-rotf-superion-in-under-15-minutes/16066/

MeisterROB75
9th November 2009, 12:58 AM
Thanks for that!

At least it will make it a little less of a piece of crap the it was before!

tinyJazz
9th November 2009, 01:41 AM
Man I've been looking for this fix. Thanks so much for posting the link!

primetime
9th November 2009, 12:53 PM
Wow, thanks Snaketales - didnt even know that this was a possible fix.

Erm, now I don't actually have a appendage kit any more ... I might still try the fix though on Silverbolt!!!

snaketales
9th November 2009, 01:56 PM
Wow, thanks Snaketales - didnt even know that this was a possible fix.

Erm, now I don't actually have a appendage kit any more ... I might still try the fix though on Silverbolt!!!

Do so... it makes the figure by itself much more enjoyable, both in robot and jet mode.
Just watch out for the hip joint springs!

G1Optimal
11th November 2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the link snaketales...;)

As i have just recently, done this to my "Universe Silverbolt" and it was one of the best things i could of done.
The other being getting the Appendage Add-on's .

I don't know if this will help...:confused:
But, i found it to be easier to use your thumbs to hold the springs in when removing the hip joints to swap them.:)