PDA

View Full Version : MP-04, figure of glory, or terrible blunder?

Adzma
3rd March 2008, 03:47 PM
The time to replace my damaged 20th Anniversary Prime could be now thanks to RobotKingdom... if I weren't so unsure about MP-04 as a figure. We've all heard of his shocking QC problems, but I'm interested in feedback of them specifically. I don't know about the rest of you, but I enjoy playing with my Transformers, I'll pose them, transform them, whatever springs to mind when I'm in the mood for a little fun, but if what I've heard is true, MP-04's paint can chip practically if you touch it with a feather, thus rendering him a complete statue that would be given a pose, then left there for the remainder or his existence. So, I'd just like some insight on to how bad the QC really is. The chest windows are also an issue for me, since I like my figures to be as close to perfect as possible. If they come misaligned is it possible to repair? Or is it a design flaw making repairs impossible? Any information is helpful, pictures would be great too. :)

gamblor916
3rd March 2008, 07:57 PM
My one has the chest panels a little off but it's not too bad. I suppose they could be bent a little as its has metal hinges but it doesn't bother me too much.
As for the paint chipping I don't really transform them too much so it's not an issue.

darockk
3rd March 2008, 08:21 PM
my mp-01 suffers from chipped paint on the die cast parts and one of his leg pops off. also the front chest doors dont line up properly, but nothing major. however ive banned myself from transforming him ever again to avoid more chipped paint and loose limbs.

i too am tempted to get the mp-04 from robot kingdom but only because i am collecting the whole MP series. otherwise i would be happy with just the 20th anniversary edition. even the dvd edition is a steal for such a great toy.

turtle boy
3rd March 2008, 08:40 PM
Adzma, what do you want the figure for, the robot mode or to display in truck mode? I have both MP0 1 & 4 and I haven't had any problems with either of them. I also have the 20th ann Prime from Hasbro, only thing that has gone wrong with that is the crappy feet ball joints.

IMO MP04 is worth the money.

Adzma
3rd March 2008, 09:10 PM
Adzma, what do you want the figure for, the robot mode or to display in truck mode? I have both MP0 1 & 4 and I haven't had any problems with either of them. I also have the 20th ann Prime from Hasbro, only thing that has gone wrong with that is the crappy feet ball joints.

IMO MP04 is worth the money.
I'm more of a Robot mode man. I could Keep 20th Anniversary Prime in truck mode if I wanted to.

EDIT: I bit the bullet and went ahead with it. I just hope I don't regret it.

Adzma
12th March 2008, 02:35 PM
I don't. :D He turned up today and for the most part is perfect. His doors line up together, no limbs have fallen off and he wasn't scratched or chipped horribly. On the negative side his right door's paint doesn't quite match the left, it's slightly darker, and looks like it was carelessly slapped on in some places, and a little bit at the top chipped off while I was opening it. Also against the right door, it has great difficulty opening, it's very stiff whereas the left one's fine. His grill is the next thing, I think the chrome wasn't applied to the highest of standards but it's not noticable in most light. And lastly his head seems to sit on an angle tilting to the left but it's not a huge problem, and could probably be fixed if I wasn't so terrifed about moving him around. Overall, I'm glad I made the purchase, $200 is a lot to spend on a toy, but it's better than $400-500.

darockk
12th March 2008, 02:39 PM
was that $200 landed?

iceburn
12th March 2008, 02:43 PM
an estimated $200 - $250

kup
12th March 2008, 02:44 PM
my mp-01 suffers from chipped paint on the die cast parts and one of his leg pops off. also the front chest doors dont line up properly, but nothing major. however ive banned myself from transforming him ever again to avoid more chipped paint and loose limbs.

My MP-01 suffers from similar problems, including one leg that pops off. However the paint chipping is only isolated to the blue plastic on his legs which I have touched him up with some paint to fix it and the chest lines up properly on mine.

On occasion I have been tempted to get MP4 for the official trailer but its sadly way too expensive.

Adzma
12th March 2008, 03:08 PM
was that $200 landed?
All up with shipping he cost me $260 AUD but otherwise it would've been about $200-210. Still, that's actually cheaper than my 20th Anniversary and JustIToys trailer, I got ripped off with that one. :mad: Although, to 20th Prime's credit he was in fantastic condition with perfect doors, paint etc.