PDA

View Full Version : Gaming section

Autocon
11th November 2009, 11:44 PM
should we have a gaming section on the boards incorporating pc xbox playstation wii snes dreamcast etc??

Gutsman Heavy
12th November 2009, 12:50 AM
it makes me happy that you mention dreamcast.

I am unsure if a section is needed, IMO there are already to many.

Jetfire
12th November 2009, 03:18 PM
Well I'm all for gaming threads but I think if its non-TF then it should probably be in the Non-Toy section like the threads for specific games.

GoktimusPrime
12th November 2009, 09:20 PM
There's also the meets section for anyone willing to organise any more board game meets. (or just have board games at regular meets like at the roller meet :))

G1Optimal
12th November 2009, 09:49 PM
should we have a gaming section on the boards incorporating pc xbox playstation wii snes dreamcast etc??

yes :)

k.wong23
13th November 2009, 04:28 PM
Sure why not!

Trailer Park Ninja
13th November 2009, 07:27 PM
+1 I think it's a great idea to discuss games and organise gaming sessions

smileydood
14th November 2009, 02:18 AM
Judging by how many gaming posts are made in the non-toys section, a gaming section would be quite popular!

griffin
15th November 2009, 12:21 AM
There won't be a separate gaming section in the board's current format.

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th November 2009, 10:36 PM
Fair call, I feel its not needed, if it was anew section, it would be small and move slowly IMO

griffin
16th November 2009, 01:39 PM
I did mention, not in the 'current format' of the board, so I'm not ruling it out. It would be something I would consider having as a new section - I'm just a bit hesitant at having another non-toy section on a toy forum at this time.

While the existing non-toy section is not being swamped by topics and traffic, splitting it up is not a priority.

GoktimusPrime
16th November 2009, 03:17 PM
I feel that the more non-Transformer sections we make the less of a Transformers board/community this feels like. There are other boards that cater for these kinds of things... I sometimes frequent animé/manga boards where I also run into members from here like The Scream Man, but I don't feel any overwhelming urge to have an animé/manga section established here. Here is where I come to talk about TFs.

<shrug> Just my 2c. :)

Autocon
16th November 2009, 11:12 PM
i just meant a new bit within the non tf section

i think its good otherwise the board might become stagnated/stale if theres not alot of tf news/info going on
and it may create more posting from members get more inolved NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK!!! so many people dont post

roller
17th November 2009, 03:45 PM
NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK!!! so many people dont post

no im not wearing any knickers

GoktimusPrime
17th November 2009, 04:55 PM
i think its good otherwise the board might become stagnated/stale if theres not alot of tf news/info going on
and it may create more posting from members get more inolved NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK!!! so many people dont post
I don't think creating new sections that are irrelevant to Transformers is necessarily the "answer" to encouraging more people to post here. I think the best way is to try and create interesting discussion threads that people will want to participate in. But ultimately some people just prefer lurking, and that's their privilege.

Also, we are a relatively small online community here. If you'd like somewhere busier perhaps try frequenting one of the many international Transformer boards out there. And if you want to talk about gaming at a higher/deeper level than what you may think OTCA offers, then why not join a gaming board? Would you join a non-Transformers board (e.g. gaming board) and ask the administration to create a special section for Transformers?

Autocon
18th November 2009, 01:33 AM
theyd probably have a special thread on the TFs games so wuoldnt have to:p jk

if enough people posted about toys id consider a nostalga/toy thread:o and i just thought since many people were posting about games consoles etc why not?

heh not really bothered if one is created or not just a thought

Seraphim Prime
19th November 2009, 12:52 AM
I think the purpose and interest in a gaming section on the site is about building the bredth of the community here at OTCA.

Sure, we come together because we like these crazy little transforming toys, but that does not necessarily define us. We are (mostly) complex beings who have many interests. These other interests can then also be shared with others who share these same other interests (eg: gaming) within a community that one is already a part of. A sub-culture within a sub-culture, if you will, similar to what we have already with the Lego thread and other toy threads.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. It's almost 1am in the morning and I'm looking to distract myself from study. :)

GoktimusPrime
19th November 2009, 09:03 AM
Blasphemy! There is nothing else to life other than Transformers!! :p

griffin
19th November 2009, 11:58 AM
The non-TF sections are a bonus for transfans here who are bound to have a lot of similar interests. I would like to think that it encourages members to know a little more about each other, and maybe find other things to want to communicate about. After all, an interest in Transformers is a given, so why not befriend people on more than one level of interest, like sports, gaming, comics, cars, etc?
But since this is a Transformers community, a serious interest in those other areas would require interaction elsewhere.