PDA

View Full Version : The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Sleeve
15th November 2009, 03:50 PM
With all the talk of gaming lately I figured we may as well have a thread for it. Kudos to Autocon for putting the idea in my head.

What I'm playing:-

Borderlands (PS3) - This game has pretty much stolen the last week of my life, and for good reason. A perfect mix of FPS and RPG. Finished Playthrough 1 yesterday afternoon with a Lv.35 Hunter and started the first few quests of Playthrough 2. Alternating between a Sniper and Hunter class-mod. Current build (http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/mordecai/#11140503050502005000000), expected build (http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/mordecai/#11140505550505055000000).

Killzone 2 (PS3) - Completed the second mission. Only started last night so haven't progressed far, and have yet to try out the online Warzone but looking forward to. Still trying to get accustomed to how amazing the graphics during gameplay are.

Tekken 6 (PS3) - Unlocked the first 8 characters in Arena Mode (from Scenario) and opened their movies. Words cannot express how much I love the Tekken series. Online is disappointing however, and it would have been awesome if they'd incorporated a Tekken Tag-style mode. And for a technical fighter, fighting Azazel is bull****, necessitating the entire match button spent mashing/spamming.

kup
15th November 2009, 03:57 PM
I just read a Dragon Age Origins review and was completely sold. Just ordered it for PC.

Batman Arkham Assylum should be waiting for me at my PO Box.

OrionPax
15th November 2009, 04:15 PM
Just finished Kingdom Hearts DS. The ending was so sad...

Sleeve
15th November 2009, 04:23 PM
Batman Arkham Assylum should be waiting for me at my PO Box.

One of the best games I have played. Ever.

MV75
15th November 2009, 04:38 PM
Interesting, lets other people know what we're playing and recommend. :)

Me, well, I'm playing pokemon of course on my DS and geometry wars galaxies. Highly recommended that one is.

PC (which is my primary gaming), I was playing borderlands, I got past the town after the mad max rip off and quite frankly, my interest dropped sharply to like 3% as it's just gotten pretty much same ol' same ol'. *yawn*. It went from awesome story to grinding fetch quest.

Today I've been playing overlord as it's insane stupid cheap on steam right now for the 3 games, less than $10. It's not too bad, for a role reversal game. Almost dungeon keeper in a ways.

Sleeve
15th November 2009, 05:01 PM
PC (which is my primary gaming), I was playing borderlands, I got past the town after the mad max rip off and quite frankly, my interest dropped sharply to like 3% as it's just gotten pretty much same ol' same ol'. *yawn*. It went from awesome story to grinding fetch quest.

For a while I thought it was only okay, but after a few hours (and a few level-ups) it really started to grab me. You're right about the grinding fetch quest, that did get tedius and now knowing I have to play through it all again is daunting. The constant micro-managment of guns gets annoying too, but regardless I'm addicted to this game. There's just something about it.

GoktimusPrime
15th November 2009, 05:45 PM
Post removed and re-posted in separate thread here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=138172#post138172)

Doubledealer
15th November 2009, 08:37 PM
What a great time to be a gamer it is! Last few games I've completed include Batman: Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2, and now I'm onto the non-stop action extravaganza that is Modern Warfare 2. :D Batman was a huge surprise, I knew it would be good but how it blended the action/stealth was incredibly smooth. It was just AAA from go to wo and features some breathtaking set pieces. Speaking of set pieces, anyone who's played Uncharted 2 can tell you there are several moments inparticular that really escalated what to now expect from blockbuster action games. If you thought Batman had some impressive scenes you ain't seen nothing yet! More impressive is the character development and how the relationships between the characters play out throughout the game. Nathan Drake is the man!

Modern Warfare is more of the same but as fun as ever, and the inclusion of the Spec-Ops mode looks like it will add some solid single player time ontop of the already impressive campaign.

As good as this game is, and I never thought I'd say this, but I think Treyarch's COD: World at War is still the best game in the COD series and it's campaign absolutely smashes what I've played of MW2 so far (4 hours so quite a bit). MW2 just doesn't seem as gritty, doesn't immerse me as much and the level design is more run-of-the-mill. WOW just did everything right in my eyes and totally nailed the atmsophere.

So I'll probably be playing MW2 up until December when my pre-order of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories arrives (US - Wii version) which I'm really looking forward to being a huge Silent Hill/psych horror nut. I'm trying not to order Sin and Punishment 2 at the same time as I should wait for the US/PAL version (and I also think if I get a new Silent Hill AND Treasure game in the same month my brain will explode from all the awesome) but time will tell...I wonder what other glorious delights await us in 2010...The Last Guardian is one title I am REALLY looking forward to.

Gutsman Heavy
15th November 2009, 09:57 PM
Playing Dragon Age: Origins.

It's very, very good.

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th November 2009, 10:53 PM
Nice Work Sleev, I was thinking about starting a PS3 thread, but this will do nicely.

Other threads of interest.
PS3 Gamer tags and chat (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=5888)
Console Wars chat (of sorts) (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1116)
Wii Thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2454)

I am playing Uncharted 2, which is fun, the platformy bits are weaker than say tomb raider, but the characters and action parts make up for it soooo much. Managed to gte it for $50 tahnks to a tag happy Kmart worker! Obviously thought ALL pictures with Drake on the front needed to be marked down! ZING!:D
Also playing Call of Duty World at War, being a pacific war nut, I couldn't resist the opportunity to play at the invasion of Okinawa. And to have a go at all the guns is great.
Batman was awesome! Gonna have a bash on the hard difficulty now.
I strongly recommend Flower, which can be bought from the PSN Shop. Very cool adn something different. Even the wife likes to play it!!:eek:
Oh and on some older consoles, Ico and Shadow of the Colosuss. Both very nice.

How can I play so many games? Very slowly....;)

Plus Exam time at the moment, so a little bash for relaxation and thats about it....

On a final note, is Wipeout HD worth it? I like Wipeout, but have Pulse on my PSP and I heard that HD was just Jazzed up versions of the PSP games.

kup
16th November 2009, 06:40 AM
Playing Dragon Age: Origins.

It's very, very good.

Awesome! as I was trusting just the gamespot and gamespy reviews and you know how those can be like. Now I am 100% sure that I will be getting a decent game.

Stompy
16th November 2009, 01:15 PM
I second Dragon Age Origins. I only have the console version so the graphics are a mixed bag and the lack of a camera zoom out may be a little annoying for many. But much like Mass Effect this game is 75% conversations and 25% action. EXACTLY how I love my WRPG's. Of course the conversations have to be top stuff and it doesn't dissapoint. Bioware has really refined their talk trees to a tee and the scope of the conversations and especially the repercussions of some can linger on for the entire game. Love it!

Been playing Rabbids Go Home & New Super Mario Bros Wii and these two have really been big favorites of mine on a relatively "casually used" console. On the 360 been spending ridiculous amount of hours on the addictive Borderlands and scratching up a storm with DJ Hero. On the handheld front, MArio & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story has been keeping me entertained during my commute to and from work and toilet breaks. ;)

Looking forward to Assassins Creed 2 this week and unsure what else is coming for the rest of 2009.

griffin
16th November 2009, 01:37 PM
I really like... (board game post snipped)

Try to recognise that these 'gaming' topics being raised by others, are the 'computer/console' type, not 'board' type. Your posts are essentially offtopic.

If you want to talk about board games, it is best to start a 'boardgame topic' so that your 'offtopic' posts do not annoy people trying to talk about computer games here.

Sleeve
16th November 2009, 02:06 PM
Played online Warzone of 'Killzone 2' last night. Let me just say that I am still getting over the awesomesauce of my first ever 32-player match. Had a few server issues and kept disconnecting though, not when I was playing an Australian-held match, but later when there were know Aussie matches so I had to jump in a European-held. Still, it was pure awesome. Already up to Sergeant 1st Class.

On a side note, follow with me and tell me if you see the logic of what has just happened here at work. I work at Joyce Mayne (which is basically Harvey Norman, same parent company), and head office decided to order us in 72 copies of 'New Super Mario Bros. Wii'. Understandably it's a great new game, but bear in mind games don't sell that well here as people prefer the department stores, EB Games and JB Hi-Fi, and also our store is a little out of the way. It took a year to clear through the 100 copies of 'Halo 3' that we had for launch day (we sold 8 on the first day), if that gives an indication on how well they sell here.

Anywho, 72 copies of 'Mario', and yet last week when 'COD: Modern Warfare 2' launched, arguably the biggest launch in history (resulting in 2 million people on Xbox Live for instance), we got in 2 copies for each PS3, 360 and PC, 2 days after release. 6 copies........2 days after release........72 'Mario'.........

I'd be right in assuming head office is staffed by moronic incompetents, yes?

GoktimusPrime
16th November 2009, 03:00 PM
Try to recognise that these 'gaming' topics being raised by others, are the 'computer/console' type, not 'board' type. Your posts are essentially offtopic.

If you want to talk about board games, it is best to start a 'boardgame topic' so that your 'offtopic' posts do not annoy people trying to talk about computer games here.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that this topic was exclusively for electronic gaming and thought it was for all kinds of gaming. <shrug> Would it be possible to have the thread topic amended to avoid ambiguity? After all there are gaming communities and stores which exclusively cater for table top gaming (e.g. Games Workshop, Grey Matter Games, Sydney Games Centre etc.)

G1Optimal
16th November 2009, 05:18 PM

Maybe the thread title should be changed to:

All Computer/Console Games Thread...:)

As i would of thought, the "Non-Electronic Games" would of been covered in this thread as well... Even though i don't use them anymore.:confused:

griffin
17th November 2009, 01:36 AM
Well, most here seemed to recognise that the topic starters (this topic and the one in the intro section) were refering to virtual gaming (on computers and consoles), which is distinctly different to boardgames.
But if it is necessary to avoid confusing anyone else, the title can be modified.

The_Damned
17th November 2009, 04:36 AM
having a bit of a go at lego rockband atm

G1Optimal
17th November 2009, 11:43 AM
Well, most here seemed to recognise that the topic starters (this topic and the one in the intro section) were refering to virtual gaming (on computers and consoles), which is distinctly different to boardgames.
But if it is necessary to avoid confusing anyone else, the title can be modified.

:cool:

GoktimusPrime
17th November 2009, 11:57 AM
I have Rock Band on Wii. T'is lots of fun. :D I wish there were some way to add your own songs to it... t'would be cool to play along to Transformers music. :)

1AZRAEL1
17th November 2009, 12:09 PM
I have Rock Band on Wii. T'is lots of fun. :D I wish there were some way to add your own songs to it... t'would be cool to play along to Transformers music. :)

Guitar Hero games these days have the ability to create your own music in the studio, not sure if Rock Band has it.

Unless you meant actually adding in the music via MP3 and it works out the buttons. That would be a wicked idea, but seems to futuristic to see it anytime soon. Would be cool because then I could put my bands stuff on there :D (as I am not smart enough to create it in the game because it is friggin difficult to create a song :p)

kup
17th November 2009, 12:09 PM
Got Arkham Assylum. The first part is longer and better than the one shown in the demo which is impressive. Voice acting is great and although the gameplay is nothing new, it is refined and the story, setting and characters keep your interest.

A very good game so far although I am barely at the begining.

Now I need to wait for Dragon Age Origins to arrive.

1AZRAEL1
17th November 2009, 12:11 PM
Got Arkham Assylum. The first part is longer and better than the one shown in the demo which is impressive. Voice acting is great and although the gameplay is nothing new, it is refined and the story, setting and characters keep your interest.

I bought the Spec Ed of that, though I dont have a PS3 to play it on. My work mate has it and said it was awesome. Bane is a really hard boss apparently, so you will find that out when you get to him (I think he is the first boss)

Sleeve
17th November 2009, 01:02 PM
Guitar Hero games these days have the ability to create your own music in the studio, not sure if Rock Band has it.

Unless you meant actually adding in the music via MP3 and it works out the buttons. That would be a wicked idea, but seems to futuristic to see it anytime soon. Would be cool because then I could put my bands stuff on there :D (as I am not smart enough to create it in the game because it is friggin difficult to create a song :p)

There was a mod years ago for the Guitar Hero II that allowed you do your own songs. Basically it involved a couple of computer programs to copy the game disc, use your own songs, burn it to a blank, also needing a chipped PS2. The track title would stay the same but the buttons and music would be your song. Very time-consuming.

I remember a clip of someone playing 'The Touch' which is how I found out about it. This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWMmbP_7IRA) isn't the clip I saw but it gives you an idea. And the site which tells you how to do it - scorehero.com

llamatron
17th November 2009, 01:14 PM
The Touch is available as a free download for Guitar Hero: World Tour (I think).

Finished Uncharted 2 within a few days of release, good times. Waiting for Fallout 3: Game of the Year edition to arrive from the USA so I can play all the DLCs and then probably do the game again.

Looking forward to Assassin's Creed II this month and also the God of War Collection. Will probably pick those up after the Xmas season though.

Gutsman Heavy
17th November 2009, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't worry about the bosses in Batman: AA. They are easy and generally suck for the most part.

1AZRAEL1
17th November 2009, 01:45 PM
The Touch is available as a free download for Guitar Hero: World Tour (I think).

Yea it is, I downloaded it for the Wii a while back, on my In-laws Wii. Now I need to do it for mine.

Sleeve
17th November 2009, 01:54 PM
Waiting for Fallout 3: Game of the Year edition to arrive from the USA so I can play all the DLCs and then probably do the game again.

Looking forward to Assassin's Creed II this month and also the God of War Collection. Will probably pick those up after the Xmas season though.

How come you ordered Fallout from the States?

And cheers for letting me know about the God of War collection. I had no idea there was one coming and I've always wanted to play the series. Now to play the waiting game.

i_amtrunks
17th November 2009, 02:14 PM
I played Arkham Asylum at a mates place on his PC (With an Xbox controller on his big tv) and it was a blast, one of the better games I have played in recent memory, shortish, but so many good games are these days.

God of War collection looks fantastic, my brother in law has been salivating over it for weeks, but it hasnt got an AU release yet (that I know of). For those of you with a Wii, may I suggest getting the Metroid Prime trilogy (2 gamecube games with updated wiimote controls, as well as Metroid 3) Well worth your $70 or so from JB.

Rabbids go Home is a blast, but I am a big fan of he Rabbids series. Have to get the new Shaun White Snowboarding sometime soon, the first was too short, but fun none the less.

Just hanging out for Attack of the Saiyans on the DS, finished Pokemon Silver and the new Laytons games now.

Sleeve
17th November 2009, 02:48 PM
For those of you with a Wii, may I suggest getting the Metroid Prime trilogy (2 gamecube games with updated wiimote controls, as well as Metroid 3) Well worth your $70 or so from JB.

That's the next Wii game I'm getting, whenever I give the PS3 a rest that is. :p I have Prime 3: Corruption, but as I never played the first two I'm going to trade it in and buy the trilogy. Metroid is an clear example of how the Wii is perfectly suited to first-person-shooters, yet for some reason there just aren't enough developers making them.

Gutsman Heavy
17th November 2009, 03:17 PM
MP Trilogy was (might still be) $59 at K-mart. I grabbed one :)

blackie
17th November 2009, 03:21 PM
MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2 MW2

absolutely loving it :P

anyone want a game add me on nemisisprime08
loving playing ground wars of late

Sleeve
17th November 2009, 03:47 PM
Sorry, I didn't quite catch what you're playing. :p

llamatron
17th November 2009, 07:23 PM
How come you ordered Fallout from the States?

Because I prefer to pay $60 for a new release instead of $90 - $120 ;):p

GoktimusPrime
17th November 2009, 08:07 PM
Sorry, I didn't quite catch what you're playing. :p
I read it as Masterpiece Trilogy and Machine Wars 2. d:

llamatron
18th November 2009, 10:07 PM
Assassin's Creed II is $78 at Big-W and $79 at K-mart starting this Thursday.

I think I'll be getting EB to price match and using up my store credit!

MV75
18th November 2009, 10:31 PM
Because I prefer to pay $60 for a new release instead of $90 - $120 ;):p

Yea, got mine for like $50.

Assassin's Creed II is $78 at Big-W and $79 at K-mart starting this Thursday.

I think I'll be getting EB to price match and using up my store credit!

http://www.cdwow.com.au/games/ASSASSINS-CREED-2-PC/dp/4656069#bc=d826

Buy your games here everyone.

Gutsman Heavy
19th November 2009, 12:54 AM
but the PC version isn't out till next year!

Sleeve
23rd November 2009, 02:18 PM
BOOYAH! Ranked in the top 7-10% of online 'Killzone 2' players for the week.

Doubledealer
25th November 2009, 10:21 AM
Just received a Xmas email from www.play-asia.com including 2 fantastic coupons:

EU-HCW-RPT = Get US$8 off a purchase of US$50 or more
WH-QHC-ZFM = Get US$12 off a purchase of US$100 or more

Both are valid until the end of 2009. An example of how good this deal is if you pre-order the US Wii copy of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (due early December) you're only paying AU$51 for the game, or AU$68 including UPS shipping (recommended in the Xmas break to avoid any delays, usually take 1-4 days). :D

Gutsman Heavy
25th November 2009, 01:46 PM
A Boy and His Blob is out in extremely limited numbers, $48 at JB. Its one of the best games on the Wii and a must have for anyone who liked the originals or great games in general.

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th November 2009, 10:27 AM
I just finished Ico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ico) for the PS2 and have to say that I found it most enjoyable and a moving experience. You play as Ico and the aim is to escape some wierd castle with a girl (Yorda)that you rescue from a cage. She is pretty frail and you need to hold her hand and pull her around everywhere you go. Generally, Ico's job is to create a path for Yorda to get to these magic gaets that only Yorda can open. Ico also has to protect her from these shadow monster things.

I found it a interesting experience, as at the time when everything went pear shaped and Ico and Yorda got seperated, I found myself racing along to find her, wheras before I was meandering around the levels enjoying the pretty graphics. I think that the "holding hands" bit of the game seems to form a better character connection for some reason.

Last yera I did a video game studies unit at uni and now it maks me analyse a little what I am playing more than before, for me, Ico is an outstanding game that provides an experience that is different and is successful in making you care about Ico and Yorda. I highly recommend it!

Just my 2 cents.

Now onto Shadow of the Colossus! :D

Doubledealer
26th November 2009, 01:34 PM
If you thought ICO was good, just you wait until you play Shadow of the Colostomy...It is the very definition of EPIC. :D Incredible soundtrack too! The only bad thing about SotC is the PS2 can struggle at times to keep up with everything onscreen. Stuff re-releasing GoW, I want HD SotC!!

jacksplatt11
26th November 2009, 03:30 PM
Plants VS Zombies, $5 on steam, haha it's fun and addictive as hell... Also playing Crysis

MV75
26th November 2009, 08:04 PM
Yo, go peep out steam right now. They be pulling out a super games sale for sure. Be sure to check on it each day.

I like the look of the thq pack right now.

jacksplatt11
26th November 2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah saw that, probably gonna stock up on a few games. THQ pack isn't bad but there's nothing I really really want in it...

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th November 2009, 09:55 AM
If you thought ICO was good, just you wait until you play Shadow of the Colostomy...It is the very definition of EPIC. :D Incredible soundtrack too! The only bad thing about SotC is the PS2 can struggle at times to keep up with everything onscreen. Stuff re-releasing GoW, I want HD SotC!!

Lol, I busted some out last night. WOWSERS! That is pretty awesome. Its funny though, I juts learnt of GOW redux (or whatever) for PS3 and my first thought was, Colosus would look FANTASTIC!

On the plus side, project Tri-co, The last Guardian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Guardian), should mean more impressiveness. Official site here (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/trico/)with some nice looking but not revealing too much movies. Oh its in Japanese as well though, but easy enough to work out whats going on. All done by the guy who made Ico and Colostomy.

I ahve been going game crazy since I gots my Ps3. I think its coz there aren't many Tfs I like out at the moment....

OH and I bought Play-tv yesterday, but left it at work....

Sleeve
29th November 2009, 01:09 PM
I forgot how easily I can become addicted to gaming. :p

Since getting 'Killzone 2' two weeks ago and doing online matches I haven't played anything else, and I'm playing it for hours upon hours at night and my occassional days off from work. I've racked up 40 hours of online play, earned the rank of Brigade General (third highest, and only a few thousand more points to get General of the Army), and yesterday was invited to join the FC#K clan, which is ranked 259/152056.

Jet_Raid
29th November 2009, 06:48 PM
I got Arkham Asylum about two weeks after the release but heres my opinion on it!

Very good game! I loved it to bits! I loved being in the Aslyum fighting the criminals and un covering the Riddlers trophies. The challenges are a little bit boring for me but over all they are very well done.

MV75
29th November 2009, 06:53 PM
Just bought the ghostbusters game on steam for $10. :) Downloading ~10GB (Probably really 7gb), right now.....

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th November 2009, 10:29 AM
I got Arkham Asylum about two weeks after the release but heres my opinion on it!

Very good game! I loved it to bits! I loved being in the Aslyum fighting the criminals and un covering the Riddlers trophies. The challenges are a little bit boring for me but over all they are very well done.
I love Arkham Asylum. Great story and so many nice touches, like the way Bats flares his cape out when he has fallen a greta distance and just about to land. SOme of those Riddler challenges are a bit tricky but none of them that hard. I learnt a lot about Batman Characters while doing them.

Just bought the ghostbusters game on steam for $10. :) Downloading ~10GB (Probably really 7gb), right now.....

ANother good game there. Cool atmosphere, just a few control issues I found but wrangling and capturing Ghosts is awesome fun. There have been lots of Ghostbusters games over the years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters_video_games), so at less than 10gb I assume GB:The game and not the NES version then...:p

kup
30th November 2009, 12:12 PM
Just finished Batman Arkham Assylum. A very impressive game! Recommended to anyone who is a fan of Batman or generally loves a well crafted game. The only thing that I didn't like was the ending but that is just a matter of taste but they could have gone for something better for the final confrontation and story resolution.

1AZRAEL1
30th November 2009, 01:14 PM
Just finished Batman Arkham Assylum. A very impressive game! Recommended to anyone who is a fan of Batman or generally loves a well crafted game. The only thing that I didn't like was the ending but that is just a matter of taste but they could have gone for something better for the final confrontation and story resolution.

You really want me to go buy a ps3 don't you? :p I have the game, just no console to play it on :o

kup
30th November 2009, 02:14 PM
You really want me to go buy a ps3 don't you? :p I have the game, just no console to play it on :o

No freaking way!! PC is better :)

Doubledealer
30th November 2009, 02:40 PM
Yeah there are some great deals on Steam this week. :D I picked up L4D for AU$8.50 last night...Can't wait to finally see what all the fuss is about later tonight.

1AZRAEL1
30th November 2009, 03:00 PM
No freaking way!! PC is better :)

Of course it is, but I bought the Spec Ed. for ps3 just for the batarang haha

kup
30th November 2009, 04:43 PM
Of course it is, but I bought the Spec Ed. for ps3 just for the batarang haha

Yeah there is also one for PC which I saw at JB-Hifi. If it doesn't sell and it goes on sale, I would not mind getting it just for the Batarang!

Is it made of metal? (I doubt it too cool - as in dangerous :) )

1AZRAEL1
30th November 2009, 11:35 PM
Yeah there is also one for PC which I saw at JB-Hifi. If it doesn't sell and it goes on sale, I would not mind getting it just for the Batarang!

Is it made of metal? (I doubt it too cool - as in dangerous :) )

Nah it's plastic, but it still looks cool. Can't take it off the stand either, and it comes with a pretty cool booklet.

1AZRAEL1
1st December 2009, 10:28 AM
Wooo, I'm gonna go and try win Super Mario Bros Wii today.
The MX newspaper has a competition going all week to win a copy, they give you clues as to where they will be. I know where it is today, and am going to try win. Wish me luck lol.

Sleeve
1st December 2009, 12:15 PM
With Christmas coming up and the release of Play TV the other day, Sony are bringing out another bundle pack - 250Gb PS3 with Play TV for $599 (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/11/ps3-gets-yet-another-bundle-with-playtv/#more-368449).

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd December 2009, 09:48 AM
I got play TV and have been looking at getting a larger hard drive. I gave Play TV a test run on "I dream of Jeanie" as it was conveniently timed and it appears a 30 min show uses a gig. The Amazing race last night used about 6!!

On a different note, I have been getting back into my PS2 and this awesome Gundam rengou Seed Vs Zaft 2 plus. (http://au.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gundamseeddestinyrengouvszaftiiplus/index.html?tag=result;title;1) and noticed that there is also a nice one on ps3, Gundam Senki UC 0081 (http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/sim/kidousenshigundamsenkiuc0081/index.html) (official site here (http://ps3-gundam.net/) in Japanese. Anybody here got the UC0081? I am thinking of getting for Xmas and want to know if its similar to the Seed vs Zaft style of gameplay.

Sleeve
2nd December 2009, 05:46 PM
Discovered the joys of getting on the wrong side of a PSN mod. He kept stalking myself and friends the other day on Killzone 2, through private matches, to tell us not to swear. Private matches. Amongst friends. What did it earn us? PSN account suspended for three days. Not. Happy. :mad:

Starscream212
2nd December 2009, 05:52 PM
I got play TV and have been looking at getting a larger hard drive. I gave Play TV a test run on "I dream of Jeanie" as it was conveniently timed and it appears a 30 min show uses a gig. The Amazing race last night used about 6!!

Hey, How much is that play TV thingy?
apparently they are going to sell a 250gb version of the new ps3 with play tv for $600, wondering if its worth the trading in my old one and paying some extra $$$

Is anybody excited for God of War I + II comming out on ps3?????? because i definately am!:D

Doubledealer
2nd December 2009, 06:36 PM
Hey, How much is that play TV thingy?
apparently they are going to sell a 250gb version of the new ps3 with play tv for $600, wondering if its worth the trading in my old one and paying some extra $$$

Is anybody excited for God of War I + II comming out on ps3?????? because i definately am!:D

Play TV is cheapest (at retail) at Target for $139.

If you're into importing you can get the GoW Collection now: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-3jqg.html

If I were you I'd stick with the PS3 Phat (as it looks a lot nicer than the slim imo) and just upgrade the HDD for Play TV.

I just picked up Disgaea 3 for the PS3 for 30 clams at Kmart. I'll give it a go and if it's crap at least it's good trade bait (currently $36 store credit at EB). :D

Starscream212
2nd December 2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the info doubledealer!
I dont mind the new slim PS3 its got a better finish and you cant see the finger prints all ova it, but i dont wannna modify my ps3 spent to much money for anything to possibly go wrong! Plus trading in could work out cheaper than buying play tv and upgrading.
Ill wait for GoW to come here just gotta get it before Gow3 in 2010!
Well thats a good deal if you dont like the game just trade in for an extra $6 lol

blackoptimus
3rd December 2009, 12:13 AM
I have a Q, does ps3 online lag? My friend said ps3 was crap online compared to 360 because 360 is a bought server and ps3 isn't, so can someone give me there opinion. Also I have a Lg Flatron w1941s, is that monitor compatible if i connected it with ps3 slim? Or would there be graphic or some sort of issue?

Is ps3 online as bad a the wii?

Gutsman Heavy
3rd December 2009, 12:52 AM
360 does not have a server for gaming, it uses the same peer to peer online gaming as the PS3, however, the matchmaking is generally better on the 360. I would avoid using Wifi for online play.

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd December 2009, 10:07 AM
So you reckon that a ethernet cable is best fr online play over wireless connection? I was wondering about this issue myself you see...

I have a Q, does ps3 online lag? My friend said ps3 was crap online compared to 360 because 360 is a bought server and ps3 isn't, so can someone give me there opinion. Also I have a Lg Flatron w1941s, is that monitor compatible if i connected it with ps3 slim? Or would there be graphic or some sort of issue?

Is ps3 online as bad a the wii?

PS3 should be compatibel with your TV, juts make sure you have appropriate cables.

To be honest I have only had trouble with the Wii when trying to get Smash Bros online. It has never connected. Mario Kart has worked every time, but the Wii has major problems depending on the modem you are using as well. I believe Nintendo have a list of acceptable modems around the place.

As for Lag, I have only had a couple of laggy matches on SFIV and never had laggy matches on Transofmrers ROTF as examples. SFIV gives you an estimate at how laggy the match willl be. I have had major troubles inviting friends to play online at times though when I was hosting a session which sucks ass.

Gutsman Heavy
3rd December 2009, 01:10 PM
Cable kills wifi every time hands down. WiFi signals are way to easily interferred with, and always run slower.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/nachos.png

If you are going to hook the PS3 via HDMI cable, don't get tricked into buying the uber expensive gold plated cables that are like $100+ the cheapest cables will do the same job without any quality loss.

Fungal Infection
3rd December 2009, 01:19 PM
Using SF4 as an example on PS3, I found I got waaaay more stable matches using an ethernet cable over WIFI. That being said, I found no issues getting a decent game using WIFI with Warhawk.

Sleeve
3rd December 2009, 03:38 PM
Ethernet cable, no debate about it. When I started playing 'Killzone 2' I was getting constant disconnects, sometimes only finishing one out of every 10 matches, and that was with a Belkin N+ modem-router. I tried a wired connection, and I haven't had a single disconnect since I set it up a over a week-and-a-half ago.

I now have to put up with a 15m ethernet cable running from my kitchen through my loungeroom, but the result speaks for itself. :p

MV75
3rd December 2009, 06:12 PM
Oh man, finally started to play the ghostbusters game last night. Awesome fun. I've just gotten to the part where I blow up Mr staypuft.

The characters are excellent, VA is top notch. It's a quality release for sure. Time to go and destroy more stuff.

Tetsuwan Convoy
4th December 2009, 12:48 PM
Ghostbusters is good fun. My only gripe was with the running and the constant knocking down you can recieve when trying to wrangle a ghost, as you get charged by another at the same time. That is frustrating. I had one session where I spent most of my time on the ground as I just kept getting whacked from off screen as soon as I got up.... No radar or anything to show you where the ghosties are until they attack.

Been having many hassles with the 3.10 update and my controller not syncing on startup. Ended up having to ring the help line and the guy said to turn the ps3 on with the controller connected by USB then pressing the ps button on the controller to set it up. So far it has worked ok.

He said it might be fixed in a later update. It better be its much annoying...

Since the syncing issue with the PS3 has come about, I finally finished Twilight Princess wii> It was enjoyable with some good boss fights, but I gt a sore arm from the "Magic tennis." I wich they would make the classic controller a default option as well as the nunchuk/wiimote for when I dont want to wave my hands around like an idiot. Which is all the time. The only game where I like the motion controls would probably be Madworld. All the rest, PASS!

Gutsman Heavy
4th December 2009, 01:15 PM
yeah, I'd be so much happier with the Wii if I could use a classic/GC controller with all the games :(

Mad World and DBZ3 are the only games I liked with motion controls.

Sleeve
5th December 2009, 11:19 AM
As I was suspended from the PSN for a few days, I thought it a good time to try out 'New Super Mario Bros. Wii'. Holy. Crap. This game rules. Pure nostalgic fun, a great mix of Mario 1, 3 and World, and although some of the last levels are diabolical in difficulty, a fantastic, highly addictive game. Addictive to the point it only took two nights for me to finish. :p Now I just have to go back and find the last few Star Coins I missed.

Doubledealer
5th December 2009, 04:34 PM
I'm not even gonna try to play NSMB Wii until I've finished ntsc-us SH: Shattered Memories at least once. :p Just too damn risky with that new update...It does sound awesome though!

I traded some games I'd finished into EB for 112 smackers this morning. I would have bought something new but all the big titles usually released around this time of year aren't coming out 'til Jan/Feb (is this gonna happen every time a new COD comes out around Xmas??). :/

Sleeve
5th December 2009, 05:08 PM
I'm not even gonna try to play NSMB Wii until I've finished ntsc-us SH: Shattered Memories at least once. :p Just too damn risky with that new update...It does sound awesome though!

It didn't make me do an update. In fact I can't remember the last time I had to do one. Probably over a month or two ago.

Doubledealer
5th December 2009, 05:24 PM
You must have already had 4.2E update. Some people with the HB channel have had success updating their Wii's to this version (which NSMW Wii requires you install) without losing the HB channel but it seems a bit hit and miss. I'd give it a go myself but if there is even a sliver of a chance of it delaying my ability to play a new Silent Hill game there is NO WAY I'd do it. :D

G1Optimal
5th December 2009, 05:54 PM
Ghostbusters is good fun. My only gripe was with the running and the constant knocking down you can recieve when trying to wrangle a ghost, as you get charged by another at the same time. That is frustrating. I had one session where I spent most of my time on the ground as I just kept getting whacked from off screen as soon as I got up.... No radar or anything to show you where the ghosties are until they attack.

With my personal experience with "Ghostbusters" , you think that's bad wait till the "Cemetery Level" and I don't know if i would of finished the game without the Six Axis Function when dealing with the Stone Angels.:D

Tip: Don't forget you can dodge by pressing "ether" Circle or Square (can't remember which one) on the PS3

Been having many hassles with the 3.10 update and my controller not syncing on startup. Ended up having to ring the help line and the guy said to turn the ps3 on with the controller connected by USB then pressing the ps button on the controller to set it up. So far it has worked ok.

He said it might be fixed in a later update. It better be its much annoying...

Since the syncing issue with the PS3 has come about, I finally finished Twilight Princess wii> It was enjoyable with some good boss fights, but I gt a sore arm from the "Magic tennis." I wich they would make the classic controller a default option as well as the nunchuk/wiimote for when I dont want to wave my hands around like an idiot. Which is all the time. The only game where I like the motion controls would probably be Madworld. All the rest, PASS!

I know what you mean, as i have it as well ...
I worked out with my one, that i have to hold the "PlayStation Button" on the controller down until it "syncs" and not just quickly press it like i did before when it was not connected with the USB Cable.

And although, i have only done it "once" i also tried turning on the the PS3 Slim with the power button and then syncing the controller and so far that has worked as well.

MV75
5th December 2009, 06:12 PM
Speaking of ghostbusters, just finished it. :)

The only real gripes I have is that a few times I felt at a dead end, so I just tried lots of different things until something happened. But I guess that's not all that bad.

The only technical problem I found was that in the cemetary level, Ray got "stuck" at the area with the belltower, so when I continued on, he was still talking, but just not there. It fixed itself in the final level of course.

All in all, totally worth the $10. This is actually the first game I felt like finishing since fallout3. No pointless grinding getting in the way. *cough* borderlands.

Sleeve
5th December 2009, 07:16 PM
I saw 'syncing' issue and thought of the trophies one, didn't realise the controller issues I've been having were a common problem since the last update. I figured out myself to hook it in with the cable, but last night had a lot of issues still and had to restart my PS3 at least four times before the controllers would work wirelessly.

Starscream212
6th December 2009, 12:02 AM
hmmm i have not had this syncing issue yet hopefully i dont, my ps3 is too far away from my bed to play with a cable:(

G1Optimal
6th December 2009, 03:17 PM
Speaking of ghostbusters, just finished it. :)

The only real gripes I have is that a few times I felt at a dead end, so I just tried lots of different things until something happened. But I guess that's not all that bad.

The only technical problem I found was that in the cemetary level, Ray got "stuck" at the area with the belltower, so when I continued on, he was still talking, but just not there. It fixed itself in the final level of course.

All in all, totally worth the $10. This is actually the first game I felt like finishing since fallout3. No pointless grinding getting in the way. *cough* borderlands.

:cool:

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th December 2009, 08:57 AM
You must have already had 4.2E update. Some people with the HB channel have had success updating their Wii's to this version (which NSMW Wii requires you install) without losing the HB channel but it seems a bit hit and miss. I'd give it a go myself but if there is even a sliver of a chance of it delaying my ability to play a new Silent Hill game there is NO WAY I'd do it. :D
I have the 4.2E update and still have the HB Channle working. I managed to do my friends as well, which is a later model than mine. If you update, then you will usually have to re-install the HB channel etc.

I got NSMBWii and it is good fun. My Mario skills suck somewhat though and have hit reouble on the deset level (thats world two folks) Yep, I suck that bad. BUt it is fun and even managed to get the missus playing it. Its cool multiplayer as I could pick her character up and carry her through any tricky platformy areas. Very cool.

With my personal experience with "Ghostbusters" , you think that's bad wait till the "Cemetery Level" and I don't know if i would of finished the game without the Six Axis Function when dealing with the Stone Angels.:D

Tip: Don't forget you can dodge by pressing "ether" Circle or Square (can't remember which one) on the PS3

The bit that I kept getting smashed was the level when you are chasing the stay puft through the streets. It got so annoying that it ruined the fun, so I went to an easier mode. No good playig games if they aint fun.

hmmm i have not had this syncing issue yet hopefully i dont, my ps3 is too far away from my bed to play with a cable:(
I believe the syncing isssue only affects slims so if you have an original one, you should be ok. Sony know about it coz I rang their "help line" and had a big whinge about it:D

Whee, Just finished upgrading my PS3 to a lovely 500 gb harddrive! Huzzah!

Sleeve
7th December 2009, 10:57 AM
Its cool multiplayer as I could pick her character up and carry her through any tricky platformy areas. Very cool.

Open some of the videos in Peach's castle with some Star Coins, specifically the 'Super Skills' ones. I think the one I watched was World 1-3, whatever the first level with Yoshi is. Video playthrough with all four characters, three on Yoshi tossing Luigi back and forth through the whole thing. Absolutely nuts.

Golden Phoenix
8th December 2009, 09:02 PM
My brother got me something for my birthday that I thought was ridiculously cool
Its a wiimote charger, but man is it awesome
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jimmey-11/other/wii-energizer-2.jpg

You just put in some special batteries and place it on the panel. It has magnets to hold the wiimote in place (well, align it) and it will recharge it for you. You don't have to take the cover off or anything

Its like we hit the future

MV75
8th December 2009, 09:21 PM
Yea, it's called induction charging.

Just take note though, lots of people find that those batteries don't power the unit for very long and it takes a long time to charge. But at least you can leave the covers on.

Actually, your unit there looks very different to the "cradle" model. It might be a new revision.

Golden Phoenix
8th December 2009, 09:44 PM
Actually, your unit there looks very different to the "cradle" model. It might be a new revision.

It is. Recent release.
But god it looks sci-fi coz you just place it on the panel

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th December 2009, 12:48 AM
I was doing some roaming around and it looks bad for Aliens Vs Predator gae that was due out in February next year.

First I was excited by watching how cool it was, then saddened by the lame ass ratings we have in Australia which insist games ae played by people under 18years old. Despite the fact that I know for a fact that I play games and am much older than 18 (physically;) )

Official linky (from Sega Uk website as the Aussie one doesn't work) (http://www.sega.co.uk/games/aliens-vs-predator/)

And Report from Gamespot about the rating dilemna. (http://au.gamespot.com/news/6242034.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;3)

Looks like an import jobby to me.

Damn you Atkinson:mad: If you think the Wii is so great, why don't you go about banning all other game systems.....

kurdt_the_goat
9th December 2009, 02:36 AM
I got NSMBWii and it is good fun. My Mario skills suck somewhat though and have hit reouble on the deset level (thats world two folks) Yep, I suck that bad. BUt it is fun and even managed to get the missus playing it. Its cool multiplayer as I could pick her character up and carry her through any tricky platformy areas. Very cool.

I just finished it with all the star coins - it must be the first game i've completely finished in a LONG time - says alot about it's quality IMO!
You old-skool SegaSonic fanboys just don't have the dexterity for Mario! :D

Golden Phoenix
9th December 2009, 10:05 AM
I just finished it with all the star coins - it must be the first game i've completely finished in a LONG time - says alot about it's quality IMO!

Did that to
Man , that world 9 level with all the frozen coin blocks is hard. I couldn't complete it with all 3 coins in one shot. Had to do it 1 coin at a time

I also went back and played the game through in a new save. Used all the short cuts
Did it in about 10 levels

kup
9th December 2009, 10:18 AM
ZOMG!! (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=140741#post140741)

Gutsman Heavy
9th December 2009, 01:31 PM
I was doing some roaming around and it looks bad for Aliens Vs Predator gae that was due out in February next year.

First I was excited by watching how cool it was, then saddened by the lame ass ratings we have in Australia which insist games ae played by people under 18years old. Despite the fact that I know for a fact that I play games and am much older than 18 (physically;) )

Official linky (from Sega Uk website as the Aussie one doesn't work) (http://www.sega.co.uk/games/aliens-vs-predator/)

And Report from Gamespot about the rating dilemna. (http://au.gamespot.com/news/6242034.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;3)

Damn you Atkinson:mad: If you think the Wii is so great, why don't you go about banning all other game systems.....

I'm rather happy that they refuse to edit for us, the more games that do that the less money for Aus stores, and they'll get cranky and hopefully initiate some change!

I'll be importing.

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th December 2009, 05:09 PM
Lol! Yeh, I have accepted my in-ability to handle Mario. Let it be known thought that I kick arse when presented with a good Sonic game. Which sadly has been a long, long time!

I'm rather happy that they refuse to edit for us, the more games that do that the less money for Aus stores, and they'll get cranky and hopefully initiate some change!

I'll be importing.
I thought that too. Good on the developers for having some integrity. After the hack job that became left for dead 2, I think this is a good thing.

Thankyou internet! Importy hoooooooooooo!!

kurdt_the_goat
10th December 2009, 04:11 PM
Did that to
Man , that world 9 level with all the frozen coin blocks is hard. I couldn't complete it with all 3 coins in one shot. Had to do it 1 coin at a time

I also went back and played the game through in a new save. Used all the short cuts
Did it in about 10 levels

Apparantly the minimum amount of levels to complete the game using shortcuts is very similar to SMB3 and SMW, probably a concious decision!

That level is indeed a bastard.. have u seen the super skills video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NHn40RTeP0) of it though? I sometimes wonder if these really are recorded from staff members/testers, or just programmed to do it, cause it really is incredible!

The_Damned
10th December 2009, 04:27 PM
went to play gothic 3 fordsaken gods but found it to buggy so now i probably wont, not a great loss only cost $15 off ebay though

Golden Phoenix
10th December 2009, 04:29 PM
That level is indeed a bastard.. have u seen the super skills video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NHn40RTeP0) of it though? I sometimes wonder if these really are recorded from staff members/testers, or just programmed to do it, cause it really is incredible!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
I wonder how many takes that would take to record?!?!

Doubledealer
10th December 2009, 07:04 PM
Well, guess I know what I'm doing this weekend. :D

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu332/Doubledealer_83/SHSM.jpg

MV75
10th December 2009, 07:14 PM
Wah! I don't have a wii.

Screw you guys, I'm gunna go play alley cat.

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th December 2009, 09:37 AM
Well, guess I know what I'm doing this weekend. :D

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu332/Doubledealer_83/SHSM.jpg

My googling reveals that its a remake of the first game with Harry. Ooooo, interested.

DD, I would very much like to here your views on what it is like!

llamatron
11th December 2009, 11:11 AM
Finished up Assassin's Creed II last week so now I'm on to Fallout 3: GOTY edition but my save games won't work because they were done with a different region version of the game and a different user account. Had to start over, ah well there's still heaps of things I missed the first time around anyway.

Doubledealer
11th December 2009, 03:09 PM
My googling reveals that its a remake of the first game with Harry. Ooooo, interested.

DD, I would very much like to here your views on what it is like!

Keep in mind it's a 're-imagining' of the original Silent Hill, not a remake. ;)

First impressions of SH:SM are very, very good. I only had a chance to play for about an hour last night but what I did play was simply mesmerising. And controlling Harry and manipulating the flashlight for the first time will blow you away! It's that same feeling you get when playing RE4 for the first time, it just feels so goddamn right. :D If I had to be critical I'd say it lacks the dread and feeling of impending doom that permeates the original title, but overall, so far so good!

Doubledealer
13th December 2009, 11:48 AM
Well, finished Shattered Memories last night and while I think I'm definitely going to be in the minority here, I was a bit disappointed. Shattered Memories isn't a bad game, it just feels extremely tame for a Silent Hill game and like Climax's other SH effort, Origins, I became tired of the game before the credits rolled.

For starters, exploration in 'normal' Silent Hill takes up the majority of play time, and during that time there is absolutely ZERO danger (infact Silent Hill is such a happy place even Harry can't help himself from making chirpy remarks from time to time like 'Heh, I haven't been fishing since I was a kid' despite supposedly being distraught over his daughters disappearance), there is very little in the way of suspense and intrigue (it lacks that 'what's going to be around the next corner' feeling I loved from previous SH games), and for the most part the town of Silent Hill and the majority of characters you meet within that town couldn't be any less interesting if they tried. That, and there are simply no surprises in this game.

For the most part you wonder around an empty, uninteresting Silent Hill solving puzzles that are borderline insulting in their simplicity (I lost track of how many times I found a key within 10 steps of a locked door, given to you by pulling a drawer open or shaking a can...) waiting for the plot to be explained usually via sms or VM, and very rarely via a cutscene. It seems most people don't mind this, but after a while I felt like I was playing a peopleless Shenmue with very little to hold my attention (yes, Climax somehow managed to even make the town of Silent Hill boring).

Whenever things start to get interesting, Mr Freeze from Batman turns up and coats the town in a layer of ice, forcing you to navigate your way through a series of doors until you exit the 'nightmare'. These scenes crop up maybe once every 30-50 minutes and are nothing short of an annoying chore. The monsters that try to drag you down to the floor (who I ended up feeling sorry for - it looks like all they wanted was a hug, and if Harry gets too much hugging he collapses to the floor while the monsters stare at him) are about as scary as Jiggly Puff from Pokemon and are about as much fun to thwart as it is to swat a fly. Did I mention none of this is scary? No? Okay, well, it's not. Shattered Memories likes to give you the impression that there's danger but then there's nothing to back it up. Why should I be scared? How is this a nightmare?

It's not all bad though. The way the game controls and how the camera sits is a huge leap forward for the series and the way the flashlight controls/lights up the gameworld inparticular is nothing short of amazing. Better than that though is the much talked about 'psychological profiling'. It's the best new addition to the game and is implemented brilliantly. The ending that I received was similarly clever and warrants playing the game a second time to better understand the events leading up to the finale.

I think at the end of the day it is a good game, but at the same time it's not what I've come to expect from a Silent Hill title. Maybe being a reimaging I wasn't aware of just how different a game it was going to be and I've put myself at a disadvantage going into the the game with different expectations, who knows. I urge everyone with a Wii to give it a go as at the very least it's something unique and for that alone it deserves some praise. Just go into it with a completely open mind and hopefully you'll have a better time with it than I did.

MV75
13th December 2009, 12:22 PM
Finished up Assassin's Creed II last week so now I'm on to Fallout 3: GOTY edition but my save games won't work because they were done with a different region version of the game and a different user account. Had to start over, ah well there's still heaps of things I missed the first time around anyway.

Dude, save the game before you disarm the bomb in megaton and agree to blow it up. It's freaking sweet. :) The reward sucks though as the megaton house is far better than the hotel room.

Oh yea, mothership zeta rules. :)

Gutsman Heavy
13th December 2009, 02:41 PM
Arkham Sequel!

http://arkhamhasmoved.com/

trailer isn't up yet, Two Face looks set to be the big bad.
I hope they put the Had Hatter in this one.

llamatron
13th December 2009, 05:38 PM
Dude, save the game before you disarm the bomb in megaton and agree to blow it up. It's freaking sweet. :) The reward sucks though as the megaton house is far better than the hotel room.

Oh yea, mothership zeta rules. :)

I was really looking forward to blowing up the bomb but somehow I went down a dialogue path that had the guy head back to Tenpenny Tower to rethink it. DRATS!

Oh and I accidentally started Mothership Zeta this morning. Had just left the Republic of Dave (probably my favourite place in the Wasteland:D) and stumbled upon a UFO. Hope it doesn't take too long as I really want to get back to the various quests I'm halfway through.

MV75
13th December 2009, 07:10 PM
Mothership zeta can be pretty long. But it's so cool in the finale of it. :)

llamatron
13th December 2009, 10:47 PM
Just finished up Zeta. The ended was awesome, but the whole thing felt too... I dunno linear and repeatative. It basically played out like a normal FPS.

Ah well, back in the Wasteland now...

Gutsman Heavy
13th December 2009, 11:36 PM
Teaser for Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 is up.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/batman-arkham-spike-tv/59828

Tetsuwan Convoy
14th December 2009, 12:59 AM
That be some good stuff there! Woot! Like the way the Joker is all unhealthy looking! Gonna be a good year for gaming 2010!

k.wong23
14th December 2009, 10:58 AM
Play Gran Tursimo psp and Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops PSP, finding both very entertaining!

Ordered FF7 Crisis core too.

Just bought CS: Source for $5USD off Steam to relive childhood memories:)

And was playing Devil May Cry 4 and Saints Row 2 on PC but kind of cbf playing them anymore...

Also stopped playing Street Fighter 4, mainly because my area only has ADSL1 and that sucks balls; but need to get back into it!

kup
14th December 2009, 11:27 AM
Note: I am judging this game based on its contemporaries (2004) not the latest releases.

I bought Halo 2 for PC and played it from begining to end for the first time. I didn't want to buy it before at full price because I thought that it was rotten and stupid for Microsoft to use it to 'force' PC gamers to upgrade to Vista in order to play it - Halo may be a great console game but its just ok by PC FPS standards and certainly will not force anybody with half a brain to upgrade to Vista and slow down their performance just so they can play Halo 2.

Anyway Rant over :p

I bought it on sale for less than $20 and played it. I have heard all the criticisms of a convoluted story because you play the game from two initially opposite perspectives (Master Chief and The Arbiter) but aside from that it has universal praise with some people calling it better than its predecessor and at the time, best FPS ever.

Personally, I thought that playing from two perspectives was clever and added variation to the story and makes the world and story much more immersive with added depth but unfortunately playing as the Master Chief or the Arbiter is exactly the same - There is no variation in gameplay. The story is generally easy to follow but it becomes heavily convoluted at the end because it feels as if there is a mad rush to end the game in a similar way as when a TV show/comic gets a last minute notification of cancellation and they need to wrap up the series in just a couple of issues or episodes. By the end I was confused as to why the Elites had suddenly gone against the Prophets and had to look that up outside of the game. On top of that you get a very frustrating 'To be continued' in the middle of the story like the Matrix sequels which leaves you with an empty 'WTF?' feeling.

Overall gameplay wise it is just a rehash of Halo 1 - The gameplay is identical in every way and by this point it is incredibly repetitive and that includes the level design. It got to a point where I could predict what was behind a closed door simply because I had cleared several similar buildings and corridors before giving it a very artificial and less dynamic feel. However the gameplay is still fun but nothing truly memorable and its not a game where you would marathon through since you get bored quickly because of its gameplay repetitiveness but good for short bursts of gameplay.

Despite the convoluted end bit, the real motivator to keep playing is the developing story, particularly being able to play as the Arbiter adds to that considerably. Too bad that the Arbiter is no different to the Master Chief in any way gameplay wise but its good to see things from the opposite perspective for a change. Personally I feel that they blew a huge opportunity to diverse the pace by keeping the Arbiter gameplay and level progress exactly like the Master Chief's.

Overall just an average game not worth the hype at all. Halo 1 was much more superior and innovative for its time while this is just a rehash and repetitive too - It's really not that good as a stand alone game and should have been more of an expansion.

They say that Halo 3 is much better but I am skeptical on that since many console gamers also said the same thing about this game even going as far as calling it best FPS ever. This is 'ok' at best, at least from a PC gamer's point of view. However my bias comes from me liking narrative in games, if I only cared about the gameplay elements of the game, I would say that the campaign is mediocre bordering on 'sucks'.

MV75
14th December 2009, 06:28 PM
Just finished up Zeta. The ended was awesome, but the whole thing felt too... I dunno linear and repeatative. It basically played out like a normal FPS.

Ah well, back in the Wasteland now...

Oh yea, the end was mega cool eh? :) Even ignoring the HUGE plot hole. I also really liked the "buttercups". Pretty sinister looking plans they had for them too.

Also try killing the Samurai guy. His armor is pretty sweet. But I stuck with the winterised t51b anyway. Love power armor. Especially indestructable power armor.

Oh yea, I think you'll really like Broken Steel too. HUGE evil opportunity in it. Just remember to save the game when you get to input the targetting coordinates for the orbiting nuke array.

G1Optimal
14th December 2009, 10:43 PM

Sorry, to bring this post back up "but" i thought this might be interesting....

R18+ Classification for Computer Games - Public Consultation (http://www.ag.gov.au/gamesclassification)
Source:ag.gov.au (http://www.ag.gov.au/)

i_amtrunks
15th December 2009, 11:47 AM
Played some of the latest Ratchet and Clank on the PS3 over the weekend, that is one stunning looking game.

Weapons aren't as cool as as the third PS2 game, but they are inventive and different.

Hereticpoo
17th December 2009, 04:38 PM
PS3 Gamers don't forget to download Gran Turismo 5's latest demo from the PSN today.

The new Demo features the physics engine for GT5 (not GT5P), however damage won't be available till the full game arrives in May 2010.

Check out www.gtplanet.net for all the news.

Sleeve
18th December 2009, 02:31 PM
Amazon has put up a pre-order page for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver and given it a release date of March 14, 2010. The US boxart shows the PokeWalker peripheral is included.

i_amtrunks
18th December 2009, 05:50 PM
Amazon has put up a pre-order page for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver and given it a release date of March 14, 2010. The US boxart shows the PokeWalker peripheral is included.

So we'd be looking at an April release yes?
After playing through SoulSilver's story mode with traded 'mons I'm still only in the mid 60's, gonna take a very long time to reach the mid 80's that I'll need to stand a chance against the final boss....

SGB
18th December 2009, 09:06 PM

Aliens Vs Predator has been unbanned.

Ban lifted, Aliens Vs Predator can now invade Australia (http://www.itwire.com/content/view/30159/1092/)

Doubledealer
19th December 2009, 02:51 PM
Aliens Vs Predator has been unbanned.

Ban lifted, Aliens Vs Predator can now invade Australia (http://www.itwire.com/content/view/30159/1092/)

From www.kotaku.com.au
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/12/500x_custom_1261076785644_avp_preview_screens_30.j pg

S**t just got real. :D

Doubledealer
21st December 2009, 01:48 PM
Yes, it has arrived!

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu332/Doubledealer_83/DemonsSouls.jpg

Paulbot
21st December 2009, 01:55 PM
So much temptation in this thread.

I've been playing Final Fantasy XII on my PS2, the last game I have and need to finish before I upgrade. It's fun but with the gambits it's just a bit too automatic. Just steer the character in the right direction and let it fight. Does make leveling up characters a bit easier. I was reading comics while just steering the heroes back and forth towards enemies.

I'm tempted to buy the new Zelda DS game Spirit Tracks, but I might hold off until I can get in on sale. Same goes for the DS Kingdom Hearts game.

i_amtrunks
21st December 2009, 02:35 PM
Finished Ratchet and Clank, it barely lasts 8 hours for the story mode, and is very easy, there are no giant monster battles, and even the final battle is easy to breeze by if you upgrade the weapons to lvl4-5 each. Wont take more than another 2 hours to collect everything left (Ryno parts, gold bolts) due to a very accurate treasure mapper, then into "challenge" mode.

Still a beautiful looking game, great humour and "Frank" is possibly one of the best weapons in Ratchet and Clank history.

Gutsman Heavy
21st December 2009, 08:14 PM
Got a 320gig HDD for the PS3 in anticpation of Play TV for Xmas. Now to install the bugger.

The_Damned
21st December 2009, 08:24 PM
Got a 320gig HDD for the PS3 in anticpation of Play TV for Xmas. Now to install the bugger.

can you wack a bigger hdd in it?

Gutsman Heavy
21st December 2009, 08:46 PM
yeah, it uses a standard 2.5" laptop HDD. The PS3 manual has instructions for doing so.

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd December 2009, 10:14 AM
The biggest it can handle is 500gb at the moment though. Installation is pretty easy. I just recently slapped a 500gb in mine with no problems. The biggets hassle was backing up my game saves etc etc and finding a USB stick big enough as I am cheap...:p

Got Zelda Spirit Tracks and finding it pretty fun! Have an annoying feeling that it is actually shorter than Phantom Hourglass, but having now dragon palace to wade through each time is a relief. The Train is pretty cool and you can do little missions of delivering stuff or dropping people off at various places. You can also blow the horn whenever you like Woo Woooooooo!:D

Starscream212
23rd December 2009, 05:49 PM
Is anybody having problems playing on line COD Modern Ware fare 2???
I'm finding that it can take up to minutes to join a game, my Internet connection is fine but its taking a while to join a game, this on PS3.
Has anyones else had similar issues??

Gutsman Heavy
23rd December 2009, 05:55 PM
Big Steam sale on, got me Braid ($2.50) and Ghostbusters ($6.80)

blackoptimus
23rd December 2009, 07:42 PM
Can some 1 please help me out here. On PsN when I was signing up, I enter benben2142x@hotmail.com then password correctly and it said no this is a invalid PW or UN. Whats the issue here? I can't get pass it.

blackoptimus
23rd December 2009, 09:35 PM
This is crap! Y won't anyone reply to me?

Golden Phoenix
23rd December 2009, 11:21 PM
yo, its been 2hrs. give it some time. People might not know how to fix the problem.

Try sending a email to the tech support

Gutsman Heavy
24th December 2009, 12:49 AM
your login isn't your email, you should have made up a login name during the sign up process.

jacksplatt11
24th December 2009, 02:22 AM

Braid is a great game, a little short but the concept is great

Nothing I was really after was in the sales today, apart from NBA 2K10 but it wasn't a big enough saving on that one and I think its on sale till Jan 3rd anyway

Doubledealer
24th December 2009, 10:27 AM

Enjoy Braid, it's gaming nirvana. :D Thanks to you I finally snagged Machinarium for half price @ US$9.99 - Woohoo!! I could also see both Penumbra: Overture and Black Plague are selling for only US$9.99 in a 'complete pack' during the sale. If you like psychological thrillers/horror I can't recommend these two titles enough. They're brilliant, largely unappreciated games and for that price, an absolute steal.

EDIT: Can someone tell me if TOCA Race Driver 3 still holds up well today? I'm not into racers in a huge way but I remember loving the gameplay in TOCA 2 on the original Playstation (some 10 years ago!!). Ahh, the good old Playstation. I wonder if a Formula 1 game has since been able to better the magic of Formula 1 '97 (developed by Psygnosis, remember them?)...What a game!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/102/302697774_0bc543549f_o.jpg

Sleeve
24th December 2009, 11:53 AM
Is anybody having problems playing on line COD Modern Ware fare 2???
I'm finding that it can take up to minutes to join a game, my Internet connection is fine but its taking a while to join a game, this on PS3.
Has anyones else had similar issues??

Very common. Welcome to the world of 'Lag of Duty', and it's lack of dedicated servers.

blackoptimus
24th December 2009, 11:27 PM
your login isn't your email, you should have made up a login name during the sign up process.

Found out why, your meant to be 18 in age to set up.

Bartrim
27th December 2009, 10:17 PM
Very common. Welcome to the world of 'Lag of Duty', and it's lack of dedicated servers.

Ah nuts I was looking at buying this game so I could whup Rampage online:p Now I'm having second thoughts.:(

Starscream212
27th December 2009, 11:45 PM
its still a great game, but like a said at times it can take a while to join a game. you should get it!

Tetsuwan Convoy
31st December 2009, 01:27 AM
Just a reminder boys n Gals, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: Ultimate All Stars is due out on the 28th of Jan, (although a magazine I saw said the 10th). This is the english release and if you have a Wii you NEED this game. I have the Jap version and I am still going to get the enlish one! Thats how cool it is!!!!!

Autocon
31st December 2009, 03:44 AM
pre ordered Command and conquer four. last one in the series

Starscream212
31st December 2009, 10:46 AM
ahhh i totaly forgot about that game! whens it comming out???

GoktimusPrime
4th January 2010, 08:54 PM
I'm giving away my Street Fighter comic collection. (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=143825#post143825)

Starscream212
4th January 2010, 09:26 PM
Anybody know where i can get a decent priced Joystick pad for my PS3 so i can play street fighter 4???

Thanks

Autocon
5th January 2010, 03:10 AM
ahhh i totaly forgot about that game! whens it comming out???

march 2010

Tetsuwan Convoy
5th January 2010, 04:04 AM
Anybody know where i can get a decent priced Joystick pad for my PS3 so i can play street fighter 4???

Thanks

The best I have found is eaby. I saw one of those Madcatz ones for about $50aus, but couldn't spend it at the time. Its hard finding good quality fighting pads now....:(

Sleeve
6th January 2010, 01:38 PM
Finished my yearly playthrough of 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past', now playing through 'Ocarina of Time' and have just finished collecting the three Spiritual Stones and become Adult. Next up, 'Majora's Mask' and 'Twilight Princess'.

When I have a spare moment, I might give Atkinson Interview Bingo (http://www.gamers4croydon.org/news/interviewbingo) a go. :p

5FDP
6th January 2010, 01:55 PM
Finished my yearly playthrough of 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past'

Is this on SNES or emulator? That is my all-time fav game. Got the end credits music as my ringtone :D

kup
6th January 2010, 02:09 PM
Is this on SNES or emulator? That is my all-time fav game. Got the end credits music as my ringtone :D

Yeah I played that game several times on the SNES and now a few times on the Zsnes emu.

I haven't been keeping up with emu news but have they been able to emulate the following successfully yet?

- Gamecube
- PS2
- X-Box

The N64 emulator is pure win (Project64) as it allows adds modern 3D effects to the game improving the graphics considerably. I have also finished Ocarina of Time several times on it.

Sleeve
6th January 2010, 02:30 PM
On the Wii, my good lads. Virtual Console for the win.

Which reminds me. It's only taken Nintendo nearly three years but they've finally put all the Virtual Console/Wiiware games on their website (http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=news&nid=69&pageID=6), plus the new DSiWare games. No more weekly checks for the latest additions to the Shop by going online with the Wii. About time they pulled their finger out of their proverbial.

Gutsman Heavy
6th January 2010, 05:04 PM
Finished my yearly playthrough of 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past', now playing through 'Ocarina of Time' and have just finished collecting the three Spiritual Stones and become Adult. Next up, 'Majora's Mask' and 'Twilight Princess'.

No Wind Waker? SACRILIGIOUS!

Sleeve
6th January 2010, 05:08 PM
No Wind Waker? SACRILIGIOUS!

Believe me, I want to. I've never played it and am incredibly antsy to. They don't do Gamecube games on Virtual Console though, and the only time I've been able to find a copy on disc was at the local Gametraders about three months ago, and they wanted $110 for it. Used. As you can imagine I did not buy it.

i_amtrunks
7th January 2010, 12:12 PM
Believe me, I want to. I've never played it and am incredibly antsy to. They don't do Gamecube games on Virtual Console though, and the only time I've been able to find a copy on disc was at the local Gametraders about three months ago, and they wanted $110 for it. Used. As you can imagine I did not buy it.

For some reason Wind Waker is always costly, cheapest I've seen a good copy go for is about $75. Really wish they'd release gamecube games on Wii-shop already!

kurdt_the_goat
8th January 2010, 12:24 PM
There's this one on Ebay AUS (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Wind-Waker-Gamecube-Game_W0QQitemZ370317132813QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_PC _Video_Games_Games?hash=item56389f040d) for about $50. Most of the pricy ones are the limited edition version that came with old N64 games on another disc.

I think your best bet though would be to get a US copy from Ebay US and enable region free GC games on your Wii with homebrew!

jacksplatt11
8th January 2010, 12:50 PM
NBA 2K10, fun

blackie
8th January 2010, 02:04 PM
NBA 2K10, fun

it is indeed
myplayer is good, although i hate using such a crap player :P

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th January 2010, 03:31 PM
Been playing Gears od Wra on a mates 360. What a fun and cool game! Almost brought a tear to the eye when I found Dom's Wife...

Just Purchased Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition too. Looking forward to getting into that as well.

1orion2many
8th January 2010, 04:44 PM
:confused:Is that Gears of War up there Tets, you getting to senile to spell :p lol. I loved GOW and GOW2 is an excellent game as well;). I tried fallout on 360 in fact I own it but it just doesn't appeal to me compared to other RPG's I have played. Too much like hard work:o

Eruntalon
8th January 2010, 05:45 PM
Just Purchased Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition too. Looking forward to getting into that as well.

Is Fallout 4 out yet?

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th January 2010, 06:55 PM
Yes 1orion, Gears of war is what its supposed to be. I guess I shouldnt type while tired.

Fallout 4? Only just discovered 3....:D

MV75
8th January 2010, 09:24 PM
Yea, there's still just the rumor really:

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/04/21/021201

Sleeve
10th January 2010, 02:02 AM
Finished 'Ocarina of Time'. Before I head on to 'Majora's Mask' I gave some co-op multiplayer a go on 'Borderlands'. So much more fun with another player. That game has dragged me back in.

1AZRAEL1
10th January 2010, 10:50 AM
Recently bought the Unreal Anthology. Brings back fond memories when Unreal first came out. Still heaps of fun to play.

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th January 2010, 12:09 AM
Finished 'Ocarina of Time'. Before I head on to 'Majora's Mask' I gave some co-op multiplayer a go on 'Borderlands'. So much more fun with another player. That game has dragged me back in.

The multiplayer on that is cool. Even the splitscreen is good fun, for me though, it doesn't quite have enough to make me wanna play it sngle player.

Downloaded the demo of Dark Void by capcom yesterday. Seems pretty cool. The video grabbed my eye when I saw one running in a game shop. Looks ver much like the old "Rocketeer" movie, which aslos had a game (on the Amiga believe). Still, the Dog fighting and storming Intsallations for some duck and cover seems fun. My only compaint is the control stick waggling that has been included as part of the melee fighting. Tets HATES control stick waggling.....:mad:

Hopefully it manages to pull the whole lot off and avoids the "one type of play being weak" syndrome, as it seems to be trying to cover many styles of play...

blackoptimus
11th January 2010, 03:20 AM
Hey fella's. What would you recommend thats recent and is action or racing or shooter for the psp. Because I am trying to get my hands on one of the PSP 3000 vibrant blue or spirited green.

.....What color is better?

Also does any body know where to get the these psp's on ebay. I saw 3 auctions 2 days ago, $250 something from a user called hulu or something like that including shipping. Then it disappeared and so did the other auctions. And all I can find is $300++

kup
11th January 2010, 10:28 AM
.....What color is better?

Pink is better - Go for that.

Fungal Infection
11th January 2010, 02:47 PM
Pink is better - Go for that.

I agree - it brings out your manliness.

Doubledealer
11th January 2010, 04:44 PM
I agree - it brings out your manliness.Pink is for big girls blouses. I'm waiting for it to come out in salmon :)

Sleeve
12th January 2010, 02:25 PM
Australia's first gaming bar. (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/01/australias-first-video-game-bar-opening-next-month/#more-374335)

This pleases me. :D

blackoptimus
13th January 2010, 12:57 PM
Hey, in castlevania order of ecclesia, in the first castle. You know that bit where there are blocks that keep falling and there is a glyth there. How do I get that glyth with out the blocks, blocking it???

1AZRAEL1
13th January 2010, 01:01 PM
Hey, in castlevania order of ecclesia, in the first castle. You know that bit where there are blocks that keep falling and there is a glyth there. How do I get that glyth with out the blocks, blocking it???

You have to get the really good fire glyph (cant remember off the top of my head its called) and attach it to both buttons and it destroys a heap of the blocks at once. Then you have to draw in the glyph before they all fall down again. Gotta have really good timing for it as well. (It's not the greatest glyph to get, it drops a little block down, I haven't quite figured out how to use it properly)

kup
13th January 2010, 01:01 PM

You can't deny a Block's right to block. Blocking is in their nature!

1orion2many
13th January 2010, 03:37 PM
:confused:Has anyone bought the games Bayonetta and Darksiders yet, I know they raved about Bayonetta(10/10) in Hyper and gave Darksiders an 8/10. I'd like someones opinion here if possible, I'm looking at the 360 version.

1AZRAEL1
13th January 2010, 03:51 PM
:confused:Has anyone bought the games Bayonetta and Darksiders yet, I know they raved about Bayonetta(10/10) in Hyper and gave Darksiders an 8/10. I'd like someones opinion here if possible, I'm looking at the 360 version.

I too would like to know about Darksiders, I like the idea of running around as War with a big sword :p

blackoptimus
13th January 2010, 05:09 PM
You have to get the really good fire glyph (cant remember off the top of my head its called) and attach it to both buttons and it destroys a heap of the blocks at once. Then you have to draw in the glyph before they all fall down again. Gotta have really good timing for it as well. (It's not the greatest glyph to get, it drops a little block down, I haven't quite figured out how to use it properly)

Cheers brother!!!!

Just another question, when you beat the game (Killing Dracula), can you still play the different dungeons again so you can get 100%, incase you missed out on a specific item???

Doubledealer
13th January 2010, 05:32 PM

Play the demo and give it a whirl. I played the PS3 demo (no 360) and wasn't exactly blown away. I found the deliberately excessive cheese-factor a bit grating on the nerves and the gameplay, while fun, wasn't anything amazing (especially after just playing the astounding Demon's Souls). Mind you, I think the original DMC is one of the all time best action games so I'll definitely be playing Bayonetta at some point to see if it can achieve what DMC's sequels couldn't.

With Heavy Rain and Bioshock 2 just around the corner, I'll be hanging onto my money and wait until Bayonetta hits the bagain basement. :)

Dkaris
13th January 2010, 06:01 PM
ive read multiple reviews on darksiders and both say that the 360 suffers a lot of graphic tearing and FPS freeze up when battling multiple enemies, but it doesnt happen on the PS3. I also read that darksiders doesnt really offer anything original in the way of game play or story, and is pretty predicable.

Bayonetta looks ok, however personally I'd prefer a devil may cry game over some woman who kills things with her hair.

1AZRAEL1
13th January 2010, 06:42 PM
Cheers brother!!!!

Just another question, when you beat the game (Killing Dracula), can you still play the different dungeons again so you can get 100%, incase you missed out on a specific item???

Yea like beating the bosses without getting hit? haha Yea you can go back and play it with most of the stuff you have in your inventory. Some stuff that is part of the story you wont have though, like some glyphs and that. Beating the bosses without getting hit gives you a medal, and honestly, most bosses are easy once you finish it and go back and play it. Though the only one I can't do it to is the dude who has a wolf for a shadow.

TheDirtyDigger
13th January 2010, 08:05 PM
Halo Cartoon (http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=13403&method=view&utm_content=MADMAN+ANIME+NEWS+-+HALO+LEGENDS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Halo+Legends&utm_source=newsletter)

1orion2many
14th January 2010, 11:17 AM
Halo Cartoon (http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=13403&method=view&utm_content=MADMAN+ANIME+NEWS+-+HALO+LEGENDS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Halo+Legends&utm_source=newsletter)

OOOOOOooooooo:eek: I love Halo:D

Sleeve
15th January 2010, 04:42 PM
My next two days off are going to be well spent. Downloaded the two challenge packs I didn't have for Batman: Arkham Asylum, 'Zombie Island of Dr. Ned' and 'Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot' for Borderlands, all three map packs for Killzone 2, and picked up Bayonetta and Darksiders. :D

Dkaris
15th January 2010, 05:47 PM
Currently playing Modern warfare 2 on 360 (like the majority of males aged 12 - 35 =P) gamer tag is Okhrana. Add me if you want a game sometime, but let me know your from otca otherwise ill think its some random =]

Autocon
15th January 2010, 07:58 PM
bioshock - upto taking pics of dead people
forza 3
gta iv

blackoptimus
20th January 2010, 01:43 AM
Is tekken 6 psp the exact same as tekken 6 on ps3? If not, what are the differences?

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th January 2010, 04:02 AM
Is tekken 6 psp the exact same as tekken 6 on ps3? If not, what are the differences?

Well it wont be as pretty. And its probably smaller
PSP review (http://au.gamespot.com/psp/action/tekken6/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review) and PS3 review (http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/action/tekken6/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review)

Sleeve
20th January 2010, 12:08 PM
Seems Nintendo will be offering a retailer-exclusive for those of us who want to pre-order Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver - figures of Ho-Oh and Lugia (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/01/catch-ho-oh-or-lugia-when-you-preorder-pokemon/#more-375409). The figure of Lugia is pleasing to my eyes, and SoulSilver is the version I was going to buy anyways. I just hope someone other than EB Games offers this. I'd prefer never having to deal with them at all.

i_amtrunks
20th January 2010, 01:31 PM
If they get released here at all.

Been playing Assassins Creed II and Ratchet and Clank, crack in time, both are very pretty games, but I find ACII more frustrating than fun, while R&C is very short, especially when you can sit down for half a day and more or less finish it.

Need to try the new DBZ game on PS3 to see if its worth a purchase, anyone played it yet?

blackoptimus
20th January 2010, 01:36 PM
Seems Nintendo will be offering a retailer-exclusive for those of us who want to pre-order Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver - figures of Ho-Oh and Lugia (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/01/catch-ho-oh-or-lugia-when-you-preorder-pokemon/#more-375409). The figure of Lugia is pleasing to my eyes, and SoulSilver is the version I was going to buy anyways. I just hope someone other than EB Games offers this. I'd prefer never having to deal with them at all.

Oh. It would probably come out in march this year in U.S so get it of play asia, it's cheaper and I think you might get the figures too. In Australia just like platinum it will come out in may.

Why do you dislike ebgames? I personally don't like the original Brand new prices cause they are such a rip.

Gutsman Heavy
20th January 2010, 01:46 PM
Need to try the new DBZ game on PS3 to see if its worth a purchase, anyone played it yet?

There is a demo of it up, I'm not a fan, and its reviewed pretty poorly. Holding up on the right stick to do a Kamehameha is very lame IMO. Stick with the awesome DBZ:BT3 on Wii

i_amtrunks
20th January 2010, 08:55 PM
There is a demo of it up, I'm not a fan, and its reviewed pretty poorly. Holding up on the right stick to do a Kamehameha is very lame IMO. Stick with the awesome DBZ:BT3 on Wii

No thankyou, I personally found that BT3 was a backwards step from BT2. Plus Budokai 3 and Infinite Worlds (which was a slightly upgraded B3) far better games! :D

Thanks for the heads up on Raging Blast, its a shame the two PS3 DBZ games are so poor compared to their last gen/Wii counterparts.

Gutsman Heavy
21st January 2010, 12:14 AM
in a typical DBZ dick move they seem to have purposely held out on the game it deliver more characters/content for future sequels

Sleeve
21st January 2010, 12:52 AM
in a typical DBZ dick move they seem to have purposely held out on the game it deliver more characters/content for future sequels

I've seen some DLC on the Sony Store, like an Androids pack and one with the Saiyan characters from the first arc of DBZ. Can't remember it's name.

i_amtrunks
21st January 2010, 09:23 AM
I've seen some DLC on the Sony Store, like an Androids pack and one with the Saiyan characters from the first arc of DBZ. Can't remember it's name.

But aren't they just costume packs? (not sure what the roster is for Raging Blast, but I know Burst Limit had only 21 characters included, up to Cell)

Doubledealer
21st January 2010, 01:56 PM
So is anyone else looking forward to Heavy Rain on PS3? Pre-ordered the game yesterday and was told it's due out Feb 24th so not long to go! Really can't wait to get stuck into this one. :D

blackoptimus
22nd January 2010, 02:08 AM
Umm. for Ps3 Slim I've had a issue. 1. When I turn of my ps3 Slim it stayed of but then turned it'self back on like a robot after 10-20 sec's. I've had a similar issue with the wii. Does anyone know?

Also 2nd issue, when you turn the ps3 slim of and leave a game in, the green light blinks like 5-6 times and you here a triple beep and doesn't shut of correctly. When I restart it, it goes "This system has had a issue turning of" "Would you like to report it to sony"?

BTW it's on a vertical stand so yeah.

Also on side note, what color PSP 3000 should I get outta carnival colors. (Radiant Red, Spirited Green, Bright Yellow or Vibrant Blue)?

Doubledealer
23rd January 2010, 12:34 AM
Umm. for Ps3 Slim I've had a issue. 1. When I turn of my ps3 Slim it stayed of but then turned it'self back on like a robot after 10-20 sec's. I've had a similar issue with the wii. Does anyone know?

Also 2nd issue, when you turn the ps3 slim of and leave a game in, the green light blinks like 5-6 times and you here a triple beep and doesn't shut of correctly. When I restart it, it goes "This system has had a issue turning of" "Would you like to report it to sony"?

Also on side note, what color PSP 3000 should I get outta carnival colors. (Radiant Red, Spirited Green, Bright Yellow or Vibrant Blue)?

Did you forget to feed your PS3? As the new slims are so thin they get quite grumpy and become problematic if you don't feed them at least three times a day. Smear some baked beans through the fan slot tomorrow and if you hear it say 'mmm, scrumptious!' you might be on the road to recovery. I just hope it's not too late already...

blackoptimus
23rd January 2010, 01:18 AM
Did you forget to feed your PS3? As the new slims are so thin they get quite grumpy and become problematic if you don't feed them at least three times a day. Smear some baked beans through the fan slot tomorrow and if you hear it say 'mmm, scrumptious!' you might be on the road to recovery. I just hope it's not too late already...

What are you talking about. Can you people stop including jokes that don't make sense in a reply!

griffin
23rd January 2010, 01:28 AM
Don't worry Ben - people can have a bit of tongue-in-cheek humour around here, as long as it isn't at the expense of others.
If you don't like a non-serious one-off reply, just ignore it.
If anyone unfairly targets you to make fun of you, let me know and I'll get onto them for you.
But just remember that you've been known to post incoherant posts in the past that didn't make much sense either.

Kyle
23rd January 2010, 01:45 AM

I don't know about the PS3 Slim as I don't own one. But when you "switch off" your Wii, I believe it actually goes into standby mode (and is not really switched off unless you pull the plug). The disc slot flashes a blue light and the Wii regularly attempts to connect to the internet to download messages and updates for the news and weather channels etc. However, I remember hearing reports of some Wii units over-heating because they stay connected to power for too long. I would recommend you "switch off" then pull the plug when you don't use it.

Unreadable
23rd January 2010, 07:56 AM

Contact Sony Customer Service....

For assistance on Consumer
Electronics products
or for general enquiries:

Contact Sony by phone:
1300 13 SONY (7669)

Hours of Operation (AEST):
Monday to Friday – 8am to 6pm

blackoptimus
23rd January 2010, 03:11 PM
Contact Sony Customer Service....

For assistance on Consumer
Electronics products
or for general enquiries:

Contact Sony by phone:
1300 13 SONY (7669)

Hours of Operation (AEST):
Monday to Friday – 8am to 6pm

Cheers!

I was curious. How come psp game susch as ridge racer 2, Kill zone, M.O.H, Tekken and Ratchet and Clank are so hard to find brand new. On Dicksmith's web page, they are all brand new for $10 buck they have all been discontinued. Does anyone know where I can get these cheap in stores or online? Besides ebay. I would like to get em' brand new and most from 1 seller so I can save on shipping.

kurdt_the_goat
23rd January 2010, 08:03 PM
At least in WA, most regular stores like K-Mart and Big W have Tekken DR, Killzone and Ratchet Size Matters.

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd January 2010, 10:47 PM
Get which ever one takes your fancy the most?

At least in WA, most regular stores like K-Mart and Big W have Tekken DR, Killzone and Ratchet Size Matters.
LOL yeh! Havent seen a new PSP game in Kmart for ages here.

Just got Darksiders and have had a bit of a bash. Good combat, so far my only gripe is the guy who does War's voice. He also does Seth from SFIV and Rikimaru from Tenchu on wii/PSP. He uses the same voice EVERY time. Its deep, and brooding and TIRESOME! Thinking of turning my language on my PS3 to Spanish or something, thats how much I hate it.....:p

Kyle
23rd January 2010, 11:34 PM
Just got Darksiders and have had a bit of a bash. Good combat, so far my only gripe is the guy who does War's voice. He also does Seth from SFIV and Rikimaru from Tenchu on wii/PSP. He uses the same voice EVERY time. Its deep, and brooding and TIRESOME! Thinking of turning my language on my PS3 to Spanish or something, thats how much I hate it.....:p

Is it true it's like Zelda but darker and with more violence?

Gutsman Heavy
24th January 2010, 01:52 AM

bingo, just not as good

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th January 2010, 08:13 PM

A LOT more fighting, and in my so far limited experiemce of the game of, I haven't come across any amazing puzzles like in Zelda. It seems to have mini-game sections in it too. I just finished a flying, homing lazer level thing.

I like the way there is a counter for the amount of gallons of blood you spill. Combat is ace, its so fun and easy to slip different weapons in the middle. EG start with the sword swiping , slip in a slice of the reaver and give them a horn blalst for good measure and finish up with the sword again. Fantastic!

Gutsman Heavy
24th January 2010, 11:15 PM
it gets full on Zelda-fied,[Spoilers?] hook shot, boomerang, same dungeon style gameplay

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th January 2010, 01:00 PM
it gets full on Zelda-fied,[Spoilers?] same dungeon style gameplay

Yeh, I just got some stuff this morning. Most reviews are correct though, the controls are overly complex. Trying to click R3, marl with L2, fire with R2, all the while trying to avoid incoming attacks and link a lit torch to light a bomb on a moving target.... Tricky.

Am enjoying it and the Zelda-ness is beginning to show. I realised that the design of War looks very Spawn/McFarlane=esque.

Sleeve
25th January 2010, 01:28 PM
I loved 'Darksiders'. To me it was like playing 'Devil May Cry' with 'Zelda', plus I loved the story. Now I'm on to 'Bayonetta', started it last night. During fights I get a little lost though, so many effects on screen at once you don't quite know what's going on.

Nintendo has finally revealed the Australian release date for Pokemon HeartGold and Soulsilver - March 25 (http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?pageID=6&action=news&sectionID=1). Pokewallker is included.

Gutsman Heavy
25th January 2010, 01:44 PM
man I haven't played a poke game since Sapphire, good times.

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th January 2010, 05:19 PM
I loved 'Darksiders'. To me it was like playing 'Devil May Cry' with 'Zelda', plus I loved the story. Now I'm on to 'Bayonetta', started it last night. During fights I get a little lost though, so many effects on screen at once you don't quite know what's going on.

Nintendo has finally revealed the Australian release date for Pokemon HeartGold and Soulsilver - March 25 (http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?pageID=6&action=news&sectionID=1). Pokewallker is included.

I played the demo of Bayonetta. Despite the raving reviews, it just doesn't wuite take my fancy, and the animation of the character looks wierd.

Gutsman Heavy
25th January 2010, 10:50 PM
she also has a tiny head, weird.

1orion2many
26th January 2010, 02:41 AM
:)I got the demo disc of Bayonetta with 2 playable levels, I loved the over the top cheese factor:D, Reminds me of the good old days:cool:. Did you make her slow walk Tets:o

Kyle
26th January 2010, 04:18 AM
Is it good enough to get the full game though? :p

Doubledealer
26th January 2010, 12:54 PM
Pre-ordered the Bioshock 2: CE (PC ver) from Zavvi last night. Only AU$75 inc. shipping for those who don't mind waiting a week or so for it to arrive: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/bioshock-2-collectors-edition/10073000.html

Fungal Infection
26th January 2010, 10:11 PM
What song is this? And where can I download it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTxKwqUtM20

What is this? And what is it doing in a computer/console thread?

Unrequited
26th January 2010, 10:51 PM
It's Nightmare on Elm St 2010 trailer, can't you read?
Surely they'll release a game for it.

blackoptimus
27th January 2010, 12:20 AM
Sorry wrong link, I'll change it!!!

blackoptimus
27th January 2010, 12:21 AM
Hey, What is this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEXQRyx8bmk I love it so much!!!!

blackie
27th January 2010, 12:45 PM
Hey, What is this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEXQRyx8bmk I love it so much!!!!

What is this? And what is it doing in a computer/console thread?

nuff said?

1orion2many
27th January 2010, 03:07 PM
:confused:Well it is a game trailer GTA so technically it does belong here even though the question is nothing about the game:)

Sleeve
27th January 2010, 03:35 PM
:confused:Well it is a game trailer GTA so technically it does belong here even though the question is nothing about the game:)

Your logic confuses me. :p

1orion2many
27th January 2010, 05:48 PM

:)and that's the way I like it:p:D

Bartrim
27th January 2010, 05:52 PM

and here I was thinking it's the old ones that get confused first:p

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th January 2010, 10:34 PM
:) Did you make her slow walk Tets:o

yes, Yes I did. And it was strange....

Dont you just hate it when..... a part of a game is hard and later really easy...
I was having trouble in Half Life 2, in the prison where you get attacked by wave after wave of nasty and all you have to defend yourself is yourself and 3 turret guns. Well, I have tried and tried and couldn't pass it, so I gave it a break for about a month.. Today I get on there and do it first go, barely taking any damage... WTF? Why did I find it so hard in the first place....:confused:

Bartrim
28th January 2010, 08:02 AM
Dont you just hate it when..... a part of a game is hard and later really easy...
I was having trouble in Half Life 2, in the prison where you get attacked by wave after wave of nasty and all you have to defend yourself is yourself and 3 turret guns. Well, I have tried and tried and couldn't pass it, so I gave it a break for about a month.. Today I get on there and do it first go, barely taking any damage... WTF? Why did I find it so hard in the first place....:confused:

I had a similar situation a few years playing Death by Degrees. I was on the cruise ship and had a medallion that unlocked 2 different shaped locks. The medallion changed shape depending on the tempreature. "Ok no problem" I thinks to myself and I head for the coolroom in the galley. Sure enough the medallion changes shape and I manage to unlock one of the locks. I then spent the next 4.5 hrs running around the boat trying to find a way to change the shape of the medallion via heat. I had steam coming out of my ears. My wife comes home from shopping and i explain the situation to her. She simply says "Have you tried the boiler room?" I casually make my way to boiler room and sure enough the heat makes the medallion change shape. In disgust I threw the controller down and didn't touch the game for 3 months:o

Bartrim
29th January 2010, 07:24 AM
Finally got to play Modern Warfare 2 last night. I've never really been a fan of the realistic army style first person shooter but OMG:eek: this game blew me away (literally.... I've already died a couple of times:o) So realistic, it's just awesome. No one challenge me online yet though. After doing the pit it recommended that I play on recruit level which I am and like I said I have already died a couple of times:o

The 3rd level in the airport isn't exactly the most family friendly level of a game I've ever played either.

5FDP
29th January 2010, 08:38 AM
Just finished Uncharted 2 for the PS3 last night... wow! This game was awesome and the final boss battle epic. This game has some of the best cinematics I have ever seen in a game. If anyone is thinking of picking up a copy, don't hesitate - go and buy it NOW!

Unrecognisable
29th January 2010, 04:50 PM

You'll have to play the game to the end and check the credits.

Sleeve
30th January 2010, 02:21 AM
Considering Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver are only recent releases in Japan and won't be released here until March, I didn't expect this (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/01/entirely-new-pokemon-series-coming-this-year/#more-376858) for at least another year to year-and-a-half - an 'entirely new' series will be released on DS in Japan this year.

shokwave2
30th January 2010, 08:17 AM
Finally got to play Modern Warfare 2 last night. I've never really been a fan of the realistic army style first person shooter but OMG:eek: this game blew me away (literally.... I've already died a couple of times:o) So realistic, it's just awesome. No one challenge me online yet though. After doing the pit it recommended that I play on recruit level which I am and like I said I have already died a couple of times:o

The 3rd level in the airport isn't exactly the most family friendly level of a game I've ever played either.

HAHA. MW2 is far from realistic. It's more like playing a Hollywood blockbuster movie. It's alot of fun, and the multiplayer is addictive.

But if you want a realistic shooter you should try Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. You have to actually think in this game. You can't just run and gun. One shot to the right part of the body and you're dead. And you can bleed to death if you don't patch up your arm/leg wounds. And shots can come from hundreds of metres away. Very realistic, very hard, but ver rewarding once you complete a mission. And the missions are big. Lots of ground to cover via walking. I recommend it for those who want a real shooter.

Zippo
30th January 2010, 09:37 AM
Just started playing New Super Mario Bros Wii
I forgot how much I sucked at platformers... World 1.1 died 6 times and used a continue already...

Underarm
30th January 2010, 12:44 PM
Just started playing New Super Mario Bros Wii

Great game but a lot more fun with 2 or more players. Hint: Star coins are important so collect 'em if you can.

Bartrim
30th January 2010, 02:34 PM
HAHA. MW2 is far from realistic. It's more like playing a Hollywood blockbuster movie. It's alot of fun, and the multiplayer is addictive.

But if you want a realistic shooter you should try Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. You have to actually think in this game. You can't just run and gun. One shot to the right part of the body and you're dead. And you can bleed to death if you don't patch up your arm/leg wounds. And shots can come from hundreds of metres away. Very realistic, very hard, but ver rewarding once you complete a mission. And the missions are big. Lots of ground to cover via walking. I recommend it for those who want a real shooter.

LOL yeah sorry I should of said realistic looking (I was particularly impressed with the army base at the start). It's not too realistic when all you have to do when shot is hide for half a minute and your wounds heal. :p

shokwave2
31st January 2010, 09:41 PM
LOL yeah sorry I should of said realistic looking (I was particularly impressed with the army base at the start). It's not too realistic when all you have to do when shot is hide for half a minute and your wounds heal. :p

Yes it is very realistic looking. One of the best looking games on XBOX/PS3. Have you got into the Spec-Ops mode yet? Some tough missions in there. My fave is the Chernyobl mission where you sneak past all the snipers hiding in the grass.

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd February 2010, 03:49 PM
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Ultimate Allstars, the australian version! Nice bit of online play. Managed to kick some dudes ass for them using Karas Roll. He had Megaman and Zero. To make the pain a little worse, I used mostly Roll:p

Liking it so far. Quite a few difference between original Jap release (Chross Generation of Heroes) and UAS. No Anime in the endings I have noticed and the minigames for charcaters seem to be missing too. Still, plays well.

i_amtrunks
2nd February 2010, 04:42 PM
Still, plays well.

Good to hear, my copy is on its way to me now.

Got DBZ Sagas for the PS2, it was never released here, and rated poorly. From what I have played, the ratings it got are about right, even I'd barely give it a 3! :p

Sleeve
5th February 2010, 09:02 PM
Scored my first PS3 Platinum trophy last night. Completed 'Borderlands', also finshed the Zombie Island DLC with all trophies, now slowly working my way through Mad Moxxi.

Pulled out the old PS2 and going to give 'Onimusha: Warlords', 'Jak and Daxter' and 'Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven' a play through. The worst thing that's happened though is the memory card with my 'Final Fantasy X' save data is corrupted. There goes 100 hours of gameplay. :(

Lastly I found my original PSOne 'Metal Gear Solid', so I've saved $16 from having to buy it off the Playstation Store. :D A shame Sony believe 'customers didn't want PS2 backwards compatability' through 'surveys they did, but at least MGS will work and I won't need to buy a new PSOne memory card for the PS2 as I lost my original.

Autocon
6th February 2010, 08:15 PM
passed bioshock un sure if i will buy number 2

only 38% passed gta iv

Tetsuwan Convoy
6th February 2010, 09:51 PM
Lastly I found my original PSOne 'Metal Gear Solid', so I've saved $16 from having to buy it off the Playstation Store. :D A shame Sony believe 'customers didn't want PS2 backwards compatability' through 'surveys they did, but at least MGS will work and I won't need to buy a new PSOne memory card for the PS2 as I lost my original.

You can generate a virtual PS1 card on your PS3 and play Ps1 games of the same region on that.

I wonder where they did this "survey." Many people have complained about the lack of PS2 iness on the PS3. I remember Sony heavily pushing the ability of the PS3 to hand 1/2 games before they released (during the pre-order times) and then right before it was due for the release when I enquired I was informed its no longer there. Lame-asses.

Sleeve
7th February 2010, 02:24 AM
You can generate a virtual PS1 card on your PS3 and play Ps1 games of the same region on that.

I wonder where they did this "survey." Many people have complained about the lack of PS2 iness on the PS3. I remember Sony heavily pushing the ability of the PS3 to hand 1/2 games before they released (during the pre-order times) and then right before it was due for the release when I enquired I was informed its no longer there. Lame-asses.

Cheers for the advice, but that's what I meant when I mentioned I wouldn't need to buy a card. Three steps ahead of you, Tets. :p I always wondered why there was the 'PS1/2 Memory Card' option on the XMB despite having no way to hook an actual card in, figured it out once I put in the MGS disc for the first time.

It's funny you ask about that 'survey' too, because I swear everytime the Sony rep has come into work ever since the PS3 came out she always spouts that same manufactured line - 'no support, survey said, customers didn't wan't'. What a load of bollocks. I have never had a single customer buy a PS3 off me without asking can it still play their old games. Hell, even people who aren't buying or those simply asking what a PS3 is ask if there's backwards compatability. Like to see Sony do a survey of what the retailers think.

1AZRAEL1
7th February 2010, 09:41 AM
Bought myself Castlevania Judgement for thw Wii last week, $20 from EB. Not bad, but it was difficult to master how to play it at first. After about an hour of losing and frustration and a whole lotta swearing, I finally got a handle on it. It's good, but I think I will finish it too quickly as there are very few characters to choose from.

One cool feature is I can link it with my Order Of Ecclesia game to unlock bonus stuff.

Doubledealer
7th February 2010, 04:44 PM
Okay so after d/ling the HD trailer for FFXIII I'm pretty goddamn pumped for the game now. :D I'm sure you can d/l it on youtube or wherever but I strongly recommend those with a 360 or PS3 watch it on the big screen...Bloody amazing stuff! Quite a fan of the main theme song too, tres epix! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEsqH41GJFM

Dkaris
7th February 2010, 07:20 PM
i read somewhere a lot of people in japan are picking up FFXIII for like $20, apparently its not much of a success there =/

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th February 2010, 01:02 AM
Okay so after d/ling the HD trailer for FFXIII I'm pretty goddamn pumped for the game now. :D I'm sure you can d/l it on youtube or wherever but I strongly recommend those with a 360 or PS3 watch it on the big screen...Bloody amazing stuff! Quite a fan of the main theme song too, tres epix! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEsqH41GJFM

i read somewhere a lot of people in japan are picking up FFXIII for like $20, apparently its not much of a success there =/

Ditto. Heard lots of whinging about how crap it is. Sold well at the start, and then people started playing the game and expecting fun from it. HOW DARE THEY!

I ahven't been able to gat into final fantasy since VII.

kurdt_the_goat
8th February 2010, 01:13 AM
According to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII), it's plenty successful compared to most games! How it ranks compared to the most popular FF's, i'm too lazy to find out :) FF is traditionally very front loaded with it's sales though.

The lower prices are most likely used copies; once a new game starts getting returned (often very quickly in Japan) and advertised heavily, only nutters would buy the full price release!

How you feeling about Sonic 4 Tets?

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th February 2010, 09:03 AM
How you feeling about Sonic 4 Tets?
Oh, you mean the enigmatically named "Project Needlemouse"?

I have been excited at the mention of many Sonic games int he past and most of them have suck ass. Although personally I thought that giving standard SOnic gameplay a makeover ala New Super MArio Bros would be cool about 2 years ago. I therefore am waiting for a demo to play before purchase. I am a little disappointed that it will be downloadable only though. I like my hard copies.

This isn't the only "project" to get people excited by Sonic. In 1997 they used the term "Project Sonic" for a "relaunch" on the awesome Sega Saturn. Then all they did was release Sonic Jam and Sonic R. Jam was a nice compilation, but R was a flawed attempt at Mario Kart with Sonic characters, it wasn't even programmed by Sonic Team. Still its was better than a kick in the nuts and it did come up with some cool robot versins of sonic Characters.

To summarise, consider my Judgement reserved for now. Been burnt too often...

Gutsman Heavy
8th February 2010, 12:42 PM
http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/au/

I'm excited, but am expecting SEGA to disappoint me somehow.

i_amtrunks
8th February 2010, 01:53 PM
http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/au/

I'm excited, but am expecting SEGA to disappoint me somehow.

Sure its a sonic game, but where are the 3d environments, the guns, swords, Shadow the Hedgehog and all the other "friends"? :p

Gutsman Heavy
8th February 2010, 02:03 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2010/01/500x_sonic.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2010/01/500x_sega.jpg