PDA

View Full Version : Jay Jays: Clothing for all

excelonzero
3rd March 2008, 06:22 PM
From the AUS merchandies thread (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15)
Well the Jay Jays Transformers shirts are on sale
With:
Autobot Logo
Cybertron University Est 1984 (With G1 Prime)
Heavy Metal
Starscream

These are the only shirts I saw.

But is the Poster that Grabbed me: a Movie Variant.
(And not for sale [dammit], So I guess Thanatos must work at Parramatta)

http://www.geocities.com/hedrax173/DSC00814.JPG

autobreadticon
4th March 2008, 08:17 PM
cool, will get some....:)

Thanatos
5th March 2008, 01:42 AM
See that poster with Unicron at the back?

When the month is out I'm going to get it from a Jay Jays store because the manager of one of the stores is a friend of mine.

It's awesome :D

Tiby
5th March 2008, 08:52 AM
Wow! Mainstream! Not hidden away behind countless other 80s retro shirts!

GoktimusPrime
5th March 2008, 10:34 AM
See that poster with Unicron at the back?

When the month is out I'm going to get it from a Jay Jays store because the manager of one of the stores is a friend of mine.

*extreme envy*

That poster is the Japanese Transformers The Movie poster! I wants!!
The JP TFTM poster is my favourite, 2nd is the UK poster. The US poster is my least favourite of the theatrical posters.

Here's my rendition of the JP TFTM poster made with toys. ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Famous%20Covers/tftm_jp.jpg

Saintly
5th March 2008, 10:39 AM
hey thanatos... could you check if you can grab more than one of those posters?

if so, I want dibs on one, please :)

JuzMel
5th March 2008, 11:04 AM
Well I guess Thanatos has his connections in Jay Jays.. *envious* I called up my local Jay Jays today to ask for the cardboard displays after the promotion ends. Apparantly they had a major staff meeting recently and now all cardboard displays have to be destroyed because its copyrighted. :( Not sure how true this is, maybe the girls just wants to keep it for her own friend or something..

If you could grab extras Thanatos, can I have 2nd dibbs as well, iceburn also wants one.. Ta

Thanatos
5th March 2008, 11:44 AM
Unfortunately its the smallest Jay Jays in Brisbane, I get only one poster.

TheDirtyDigger
5th March 2008, 01:15 PM
I have seen the poster at a Jay Jay's in Melbourne.
The staff member I accosted there thinks that it has to go back to HO once the promotion is over.

I'm sure it would fetch a great deal on ebay.

It would take a creature of extreme skill, stealth, charm and intelligence to be able to nab it successfully without being detected or detained.

I'll keep you informed as to how I go.;)

roller
5th March 2008, 01:55 PM
i was just thinking the same thing Digger

if i am unable to obtain it legally i may have to use other means to acquire it

TheDirtyDigger
5th March 2008, 02:04 PM
i was just thinking the same thing Digger

if i am unable to obtain it legally i may have to use other means to acquire it

My son!! *sniff* My beautiful boy! *sniffle,teary eyes*
You make me so proud!*sniiiiifffff*

" ...and the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon, little boy blue and the man in the moon...when you comin' home son? I don't know when....we'll get together then...."

dirge
5th March 2008, 08:12 PM
You're "liberating" it, roller! (:

roller
5th March 2008, 08:19 PM
I may have to for real

i just got back from my way home from schools Jay js and they said that 2 other people already got it, im going to ring and go to the other 2 near me soon i hope

:( Not fair i deserve it, the one near me would have been convenient

i have my 3 best agents in Sydney trying to get me the poster as well

kup
6th March 2008, 12:19 PM
I will see if the Jay Jays at Miranda has it (I am not even sure if there is one :/)

Chances are good because Shire people would likely not even be aware of Transfromers.

springah
6th March 2008, 01:14 PM
*extreme envy*

That poster is the Japanese Transformers The Movie poster! I wants!!
The JP TFTM poster is my favourite, 2nd is the UK poster. The US poster is my least favourite of the theatrical posters.

Here's my rendition of the JP TFTM poster made with toys. ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Famous%20Covers/tftm_jp.jpg

Benben?

JuzMel
6th March 2008, 01:19 PM
My son!! *sniff* My beautiful boy! *sniffle,teary eyes*
You make me so proud!*sniiiiifffff*

" ...and the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon, little boy blue and the man in the moon...when you comin' home son? I don't know when....we'll get together then...."
It's easy, let's all meet up together, say about 8-10 of us walk into the JayJays, start looking at clothes and keep every store staff busy by asking them to check for sizes in store etc, then someone can quietly sneak out with the poster and prime cardboard stand(which I want) :p

We can go from store to store so everyone can get one for themselves.. wahahaha

roller
6th March 2008, 04:41 PM
i thought the same thing mel. but i dont have the numbers here

Good news for me though

I may be able to get 1

I rang Carousel, and they said that theres was already "shotgun"

so i rang Fremantle Jay Jays and they let me leave me number and name and asked if i wanted the poster and stickers, i said both if possible and then she said they would ring when the promo is over

i hope i get it, after all the things i have to put up with in my 5 lives

Thanatos or any one else know when the promo is over?

Thanatos
7th March 2008, 12:25 AM
Yep, all Jay Jay's promo's last a month from the second week of the month. Therefore the promo ends around.... April 7.

I bought 3 shirts! Heavy Metal (like a metallica cover with Optimus and Megatron), Starscream (OMFG I OWN STARSCREAM SHIRT OMGWTFBBQ), and Cybertron University.

Pics tomorrow.

iceburn
7th March 2008, 08:37 AM
i've to go on diet to wear these t-shirts...why can't they have XXXL? haha

bassbot
7th March 2008, 08:56 AM
i've got a couple, recently got one from Big W though, the blue with G1 prime alt mode on front, and robot mode on reverse.

gotta go to a JJ's it seems!

GoktimusPrime
7th March 2008, 12:42 PM
I hear you iceburn. They should make these things in "collector" sizes. :D

Thanatos
7th March 2008, 02:31 PM
I'm a very average size (average out at about a Large at most stores) but even the XL at Jay Jays is pretty tight.

iceburn
7th March 2008, 02:38 PM
wonder what size or guidelines they follow...same with the old school tees at Myers

i_amtrunks
7th March 2008, 04:30 PM
I'm a very average size (average out at about a Large at most stores) but even the XL at Jay Jays is pretty tight.

Same for me, I'm a M, but wear an L for comfort, yet I find XL or XXL is needed for the Jay jays tees. It's not only the mens sizes either, my gf is normally a S-M, but has to wear a L in the Jay Jays shirts.

The Big W ones are nice and large though, I got a L for both of those and they didnt shrink in the wash or anything.

bassbot
10th March 2008, 12:56 PM
yeah the big w sizes are good, and seem standard, but yeah i've found the same thing with jj's in the past.

Paulbot
10th March 2008, 10:03 PM
I saw the banner at JayJays today and asked the shopgirl about it. She said no using the same sort of phrases I used to use when people would ask me about movie banners and posters at the cinema I used to work at. Still I thought it was worth a trying asking because I'd love to have that hanging in my house.

roller
10th March 2008, 10:29 PM
im worried that they wont ring me after there promo

Thanatos
10th March 2008, 11:30 PM
They just throw them away at the end due to copyright, I just get to have the poster because I know the girl working there.

Score!

bassbot
17th March 2008, 09:23 AM
Jay jay's at the new Rouse Hill Town Centre (between Blacktown and Castle Hill, and north a little bit) has the TF shirts, but no posters or anything else.
They only opened a week ago.
I got Cybertron university and Heavy metal. woo, rock out!!!
Both in L sizes, there were heaps of small and medium, didn't see many others, but i didn't look hard.

Thanatos
17th March 2008, 04:30 PM
My poster has been put asode for pickup.

Yay! Will get to it soon and show you all.

roller
17th March 2008, 06:24 PM
ooooooohh

i hope they remember my phone number

the girl said i could have it and some stickers

Saintly
17th March 2008, 09:19 PM
there's no poster in DFO homebush.. booo hooo!

iceburn
17th March 2008, 09:31 PM
is the promotion over???

Bartrim
18th March 2008, 01:24 PM
It is in Batemans Bay. they have a Pac Man promo happening now.

Thanatos
18th March 2008, 01:49 PM
Smurfs promo is now on up here in Brissy.

Saintly
18th March 2008, 11:37 PM
smurfs and pacman in homebush DFO

Bartrim
27th April 2008, 11:22 AM
Even though they aren't having a promo I noticed new tf t-shirts at Batemans Bay Jay Jays. A grey one featuring Prime and Megs and a black one with the movie poster on it (that they didn't have in my size dammit:mad:)

roller
27th April 2008, 07:46 PM
bart, the '86 movie poster or 2007?

E|dan
27th April 2008, 10:11 PM
do u guys know Fcuk have a TF shirt with japanese words on it?

roller
28th April 2008, 10:44 AM
was that the one with starscream on it and cost a million francs?

E|dan
28th April 2008, 11:10 AM
nope...its optimus prime...comes in red, grey and black i think...

sifun
28th April 2008, 04:14 PM
pics pls

E|dan
28th April 2008, 05:52 PM
ill take 1 when i come across it again :D

TF76
19th May 2008, 11:34 AM
If anyone is interested, transformers hoodies in stock at Jay Jay’s. They are $39.00 and made in black material covered in small grey Autobot and Decepticon symbols.

roller
19th May 2008, 11:43 AM
some guy at the Nexus fair has Madman hoodies with colourful Autobot Decepticon symbols for a few dollars cheaper

iceburn
19th May 2008, 11:45 AM
If anyone is interested, transformers hoodies in stock at Jay Jay’s. They are $39.00 and made in black material covered in small grey Autobot and Decepticon symbols.

any pics?

Pulse
19th May 2008, 11:59 AM

Do they have pics of them on their website (http://www.jayjays.com.au/)?

TF76
8th June 2008, 11:55 AM
Jay Jay's have prime hoodies. Grey with a G1 cartoon style prime and transformers lettering. I think they were $39, they are in guy sizes but my girlfreind got one in XS and it fits fine. :)

Thanatos
8th June 2008, 12:13 PM
I have a hoodie from Jay Jays, it's got grey Autobot and Decepticon symbols all over it. $39 is indeed the correct price.

Very comfortable.

TF76
8th June 2008, 12:34 PM
I got that type with the symbols too, I think that one is better value, however it is a really good pic of prime. Hopefully they will be discounted sometime soon.