PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Toy Fair this weekend?

Zaul
16th November 2009, 08:42 PM
Just curious :D

SilverDragon
16th November 2009, 08:50 PM
Thought about it-but got myself into stuff before I remembered it was on. Also I need to save money more than I need to spend it.

GoktimusPrime
19th November 2009, 09:54 AM
There is already an 8-page thread discussing this weekend's fair meet here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=6059)

i_amtrunks
19th November 2009, 10:13 AM
There is already an 8-page thread discussing this weekend's fair meet here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=6059)

He wasn't talking about the Parra Fair Gok, there is also some toy-meet thingy on out at Penrith Panthers on Sunday.

You'd think they would try not to schedule them on the same day... :rolleyes:

kup
19th November 2009, 10:46 AM
It's this a general toy fair or does it have a specific theme?

GoktimusPrime
19th November 2009, 11:10 AM
He wasn't talking about the Parra Fair Gok, there is also some toy-meet thingy on out at Penrith Panthers on Sunday.
Ah okay, fair enough. :)

1AZRAEL1
19th November 2009, 11:10 AM

Funny thing is, it's not the first time they have done it. If they were smart, you would put it on the weekend before, people would spend their money there and have nothing for Parra.

That being said, it is a nice fair, but it lacks in "hang around" value. With Parra, there is always alot of things to look at, even looking through boxes of toys. You would hardly ever get bored. Penrith one, I could spend maybe an hour there tops, and I'd get bored and leave. That was at the one I was at before, but I think I may still go to have a look after I leave the Parra fair if I have time. Only mainly going to pick up a few things off people, got a busy day after that.

griffin
19th November 2009, 01:21 PM

I would have assumed the same thing (that it was referring to Parra Fair), because there was nothing in the original post to suggest otherwise (and I haven't seen anything mentioned here yet of another fair being on this weekend).

People starting topics - please try to include as much info as possible, no matter what section you are posting in, to avoid confusion and later frustration.
In this instance, details of the event, location, times, costs, etc would be a good idea.

1AZRAEL1
19th November 2009, 01:54 PM
True, but here are the deets

Sunday 22nd November 2009
Penrith Toy Fair.
Penrith Panthers Pavilion, Mulgoa Road, Penrith, NSW.
Attendance 2B confirmed.
9am - 3pm admission Adults $5, Concession $3 and Children $1

People out here would know about it, not so much city folk, it is not well advertised save for a big banner out the front (which I am sure is there but haven't gone passed it to see it)

GoktimusPrime
19th November 2009, 03:26 PM
Would this thread be better placed in the meets section?
The timing is unfortunate. I'd consider going if it weren't on the same time as the Parra Fair.

i_amtrunks
19th November 2009, 04:43 PM
People out here would know about it, not so much city folk, it is not well advertised save for a big banner out the front (which I am sure is there but haven't gone passed it to see it)

It's crazy, even if you google the name of the event, all you get is some ebay store saying they will be attending (model cars). You'd think they'd get the Panthers website, local papers or something to report on it to drum up business.

And thanks for the heads up about it being a short drop in type thing Az, I'll be out at the Riff on Sunday morning, so if I have a spare 30 minutes I might try and pop in between functions, but I doubt I'll be so lucky.

1AZRAEL1
19th November 2009, 07:42 PM
Yea I will do my best to pop in as well, but wont be for long at either fair.

You obviously searched and got the same result I did lol.

i_amtrunks
23rd November 2009, 01:59 PM
Well my schedule ended up even fuller than I thought, so I didnt even get a chance to think about going.

1AZRAEL1
23rd November 2009, 02:06 PM
Well my schedule ended up even fuller than I thought, so I didnt even get a chance to think about going.

There wasn't a helluvalot of TFs, I raided what was there and got (what I think) was the best stuff, including a plastic bag full of instructions, catalogues, tech specs and card backings. I will be posting a few pictures tonight when I get home, didn't feel up to it yesterday with the heat being so bad. (As well as selling some of it if people want them)

i_amtrunks
23rd November 2009, 10:19 PM
There wasn't a helluvalot of TFs, I raided what was there and got (what I think) was the best stuff, including a plastic bag full of instructions, catalogues, tech specs and card backings. I will be posting a few pictures tonight when I get home, didn't feel up to it yesterday with the heat being so bad. (As well as selling some of it if people want them)

Saw the pics in the Movember gettings, nice job on getting the paperwork!

The heat was oppressive, I was outside in the Riff at 5am and it was still about 28 degrees, and was over 32 at 7am. Strange thing was 12 hours later I think it was just as hot in Sydney as out west, and that doesnt happen very often.

1AZRAEL1
23rd November 2009, 10:28 PM
Saw the pics in the Movember gettings, nice job on getting the paperwork!

The heat was oppressive, I was outside in the Riff at 5am and it was still about 28 degrees, and was over 32 at 7am. Strange thing was 12 hours later I think it was just as hot in Sydney as out west, and that doesnt happen very often.

30 bucks for megs tank, weapons and paperwork. Was an awesome score. At least in the fair thing, they had A/C, but walking back out was killer. I was told it was still 38 at midnite last night. Insane heat.