PDA

View Full Version : G1 Megatron

GoktimusPrime
17th November 2009, 07:22 PM
Does anyone know if G1 Black Megatron has ever been KOed?

Linthart
18th November 2009, 05:09 PM
well not as we know it. the KO g1 megs that is more commonly found has a black face with red 'sideburns/chops' but from memory the body resembles standard release. how every id be very interested to know if im wrong and there are more KO that i dont know about

kup
19th November 2009, 09:30 AM
As far as I know there is no 'G1 accurate' KO Megatron and certainly none of the variations.

blackoptimus
19th November 2009, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know if G1 Black Megatron has ever been KOed?

Yes, it has back in 07 seven, same sort of idea as the G1 fake mirage. The KO megs and KO black megs are really rare now.

Linthart
20th November 2009, 10:22 AM
As far as I know there is no 'G1 accurate' KO Megatron and certainly none of the variations.

I demand you retract your previous statement :P

Transformer g1 megatron ko 1984 style (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170408876562&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123#ht_500wt_1182)

blackie
20th November 2009, 02:15 PM

Transformer g1 megatron ko 1984 style (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170408876562&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123#ht_500wt_1182)

ive got him laying around somewhere at home :P

Linthart
20th November 2009, 02:29 PM
ive got him laying around somewhere at home :P

oh really. whats it like?

canofwhoopass_87
20th November 2009, 10:04 PM
Lol I've seen that dodgy KO before. I'm quite sure it's a piece of crap and pretty easy to distinguish from the original.

GoktimusPrime
21st November 2009, 10:19 AM
lol, that's funny. When I was a kid a friend of mine had a KO Megatron with red eyes.

Yes, it has back in 07 seven, same sort of idea as the G1 fake mirage. The KO megs and KO black megs are really rare now.
Could you please provide a link or reference to verify this? I'd be particularly interested to see any evidence about a KO Black Megatron as someone (outside this board) recently acquired a black Megatron and wants to know if there are any KOs of it, and if so, how he can distinguish it from the legit. Thank you.

blackoptimus
21st November 2009, 12:01 PM
lol, that's funny. When I was a kid a friend of mine had a KO Megatron with red eyes.

Could you please provide a link or reference to verify this? I'd be particularly interested to see any evidence about a KO Black Megatron as someone (outside this board) recently acquired a black Megatron and wants to know if there are any KOs of it, and if so, how he can distinguish it from the legit. Thank you.

Can't find it, but the KO comes completely black and has a G1 original styled box.

GoktimusPrime
21st November 2009, 05:57 PM
Okay that's interesting because AFAIK the legit one only ever came in the generic e-Hobby box (same as the one that Megaplex came in). Do you know if the box was based on the G1 Hasbro English language box or the Takara Japanese box?

blackoptimus
21st November 2009, 10:19 PM
Okay that's interesting because AFAIK the legit one only ever came in the generic e-Hobby box (same as the one that Megaplex came in). Do you know if the box was based on the G1 Hasbro English language box or the Takara Japanese box?

Hasbro english.

Linthart
22nd November 2009, 10:37 PM

The first re-issue of black megs was in 2001 in a japanese G1 box.
Black crome, black barrel and trigger. brown handle.

matches the first ever black microchange MC12 which had no chrome and blue legs.
(2 of my most treasured pieces)

kup
22nd November 2009, 11:44 PM

I wouldn't call that G1 accurate :)

blackoptimus
1st December 2009, 12:26 AM
I own a G1 megatron, I must say it is not accurate to a gun, I can't believe people keep saving you can rob a bank with this because in all honesty and the first glance at the fire arm replica, you'd probably know it's fake!, doesn't load a magazine, looks all plastic, the safety switch id molded in, I believe no gun in the world is chrome, so how is this gun even suppose to be accurate to the real deal??? It's a load of rubbish when people say it's a 1-1 scale replica.

(I know it's not meant to posted here but Meh', it's still about G1 megatron)

1AZRAEL1
1st December 2009, 08:21 AM
I own a G1 megatron, I must say it is not accurate to a gun, I can't believe people keep saving you can rob a bank with this because in all honesty and the first glance at the fire arm replica, you'd probably know it's fake!, doesn't load a magazine, looks all plastic, the safety switch id molded in, I believe no gun in the world is chrome, so how is this gun even suppose to be accurate to the real deal??? It's a load of rubbish when people say it's a 1-1 scale replica.

We may know it is fake, but when some robber comes into a store screaming and yelling, the first thing you would do is get down, and not look at the gun. When you are in a situation where someone is threatening you, you would have brown underwear before you would look at the gun.

kup
1st December 2009, 08:50 AM

Yep, you are saying that because you can study it in your hand. As 1AZRAEL1 mentioned, it still looks realistic enough for anyone to mistake it for a real gun if someone comes into a store yelling and screaming and that includes you, me or anyone here.

G1 Megatron within a passing view looks as if he is made of metal and is also pretty close to scale.