PDA

View Full Version : ROTF: Post DVD/Bluray release thoughts

Hereticpoo
18th November 2009, 12:54 PM
Now that we've all had the chance to view ROTF in the comfort of our homes what are your overall thoughts on ROTF?

Some of us love it, some despise it and some are indifferent to it.
While we all shared our thoughts at the cinema release I sometimes find that watching a movie in your own home changes the experience.

For me ROTF at home didn't change anything. The CGI was great......

What about you? Did the home video format change your mind?

Gutsman Heavy
18th November 2009, 01:20 PM
I bought the Blu-ray but still haven't been bothered to watch it yet. I'm sure I'll watch it eventually.

bruticus
18th November 2009, 02:47 PM
I bought the blu-ray mainly to get all the special features...
I watched them all and even managed to find some easter eggs...
overall it was good...
but damn!!!, some of the deleted scenes were even more cringe worthy....avoid if you can!!

For some reason, the picture quality of the movie scenes that were shown in the special feature documentary looked even better than the actual movie shots....very vibrant and bright.....:D

still havent watched the movie entirely from start to finish though...
too long and still too many cringe worthy bits...so i fast forward through all of those and watch just the good parts...

I thought that i would like more it if i saw it again, but i'm still indifferent...

dsaint
18th November 2009, 07:49 PM
Still seems like watching a film where the director felt his brain was too hurt by "extensive" dialogue of its predecessor and the desert battle scene should have been cut to around 1/4 of its length.

RagingBull
20th November 2009, 10:44 AM
picked up the IMAX version off ebay. and OMG, its too awesome. i saw it at the sysney imax and all the little extra bits of fighting and longer cuts etc make it so worth the price tag. loving it. highly recommended.

Doubledealer
20th November 2009, 03:16 PM
I bought the 3 disk BD. Incredibly boring movie with a couple of cool action scenes & amazing SFX. I have to ffw to the good bits to stop falling asleep. :D